Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - Upcoming Drama 2024: Sejak, The Enchanted

mintea18

@yeoda, @everyone..........slightly OTP but as we're talking about Sun......therefor Taeyang........I have a connection to Big Bangs Taeyang.  Has @everyone seen Ringa Linga......has @everyone seen the Dance Performance video of Ringa Linga...........W E L L .....the choreographer is my home girl Paris Goebel.......her studio is just down the road from me and her sister works in my High School...TaDa!  My real connection to KPOP.....ASA!!!

FYI yeoreobon a little bio of Paris....

Parris Goebel

Categories:

Choreography / Dance

Photo: Ewan Burns

Photo: Ewan Burns

Personal Life

Parris Goebel (born in Auckland, New Zealand) is a Dancer and Lead choreographer of the all-female dance group ReQuest. She is also owner of The Palace Dance Studio’s based in Penrose and Hamilton, New Zealand. Goebel’s choreography style is known as Polyswagg.

Goebel’s dance crew ReQuest is one of five crews within the ‘Royal Family’ that she choreographs. The other groups include: Bubblegum, Misfits, Sorority and In-Laws.

Professional Career

Goebel started dancing formally at the age of 10, when she was enrolled by her mother at the Performing Arts School in ballet, jazz and tap classes. At 12, she discovered a love for hip hop music to express her style of dancing known as ‘Polyswagg’. At 15, she was offered a spot to be part of another dance crew but declined the offer to form her own dance crew, ReQuest, and open The Palace Dance Studio with the help of her father.

Goebel led ReQuest to second place at the Street Dance New Zealand (SDNZ) Nationals in 2007, which was the qualifying competition for the Hip Hop International (HHI) World Championships.

In 2008, she became a show cast member in Monsters of Hip Hop and is now a member of the Faculty that teaches all through the USA.

ReQuest competed at the World Hip Hop Dance Championships in 2009, and in their debut appearance they placed first in the Varsity Crews division in Las Vegas. In the same year, they also placed first at the 2009 World Supremacy Battleground in the Varsity division in Australia.

ReQuest returned in 2010 competing in the Adult Crews division, dominating competition along the way and went on to become the number one Adult crew in the world, while becoming the first crew to win back-to-back gold medals and in both divisions.

In 2011, ReQuest was the second crew outside America to compete on MTV’s Americas Best Dance Crew in Season 6, and the first crew outside North America. The crew were eliminated in Week 4 of the competition. They later competed in the 2011 World Hip Hop Championships as defending champions, where all five of her crews from the Royal Family dominated over 37 countries altogether. ReQuest won silver placing second behind U.K group Plague. Goebel’s Royal Family won four medals in total for New Zealand with Bubblegum winning gold in the Junior Crews division, Sorority winning gold in the Varsity Crews division, and Royal Family winning gold in the Mega Crews division.

In 2012, Goebel was hired by Jennifer Lopez to choreograph her ‘Dance Again World Tour’, and also performed with Lopez on the season 11 finale of American Idol, and featured in Lopez’s music video for the single, ‘Goin In’. Goebel also performed during season 15 of the US version of Dancing with the Stars, along with several members of ReQuest crew and the Royal Family.

At the 2013 World Hip-Hop Dance Championship in Las Vegas, The Royal Family was successful in defending its world championship title in the Mega Crew division for the third year in a row, and last year’s gold medalists in the Junior division, Bubblegum, took silver this year.

Goebel’s success has made The Palace Studios one of the top studios in the world, while at the same time becoming one of the top choreographers in the world. Goebel has taught throughout the USA, Europe, Asia, Australia and all throughout New Zealand.

ok if we want to use sun aka hae we must find and additional words to add in front or behind. like hae-i jo-hae etc. its just an example. maybe we can ask people who know hangul like 9jill9, lovedcd or iu93jjang about the word we create either its exact, good or not.

@yoeda @mumfu @samsooky @jjsiu  @mluv1 @akinahana89 @babyviolets @dekka @9jill9 @everyone

So sorry. Fell asleep not too long after I posted my sun comment.  I love the collaboration and where this is going. So far, I'm liking the following 2 suggestions the most:

my sun - 마이 해 (mai hae)

If we want to go with "our sun," as in "jeohui hae," there is nothing that would prevent us from doing a play on words. Instead of 저희 해 (jeohui hae), we could use 희 해 (johui hae), which is replacing the 저(jeo) with JJS's last name, 조 (jo).

Guest samsooky

akinahana89

said: If we want to go with "our sun," as in "jeohui hae," there is nothing that would prevent us from doing a play on words. Instead of 저희 해 (jeohui hae), we could use [size=2]조[/size]희 해 (johui hae), which is replacing the 저(jeo) with JJS's last name, [size=2]조 (jo).

[/size]

The more I think about it... The more I do like Johui Hae. If we decide on a fan name before giving JJS his birthday present, maybe @babyviolets can incorporate the fan name into the video to let JJS know that he now even has a name he can call his fans by! I'm sure he would be ecstatic to know that! Maybe we can even utilize @9jill9's abilities to translate our meaning behind the fan name into Hangul so that JJS will know why we chose that name for his fans and the significance it has.

Wouldn't it be so cool if we were credited with the name? No matter what, JJS would never forget us! Kekeke~~~ We would have made a special impression on him for sure. :D

Guest samsooky

JJS WORDS OF WISDOM
“I realized that I couldn’t become a good actor if I refuse to accept the way I look and if I didn’t accept myself.”
tumblr_m6ijxdccgV1r3id23o1_500.png

CR: As tagged
Many of us do not see a problem with the way he looks at all! But I remember the interview (I'll try to find it for @everyone) where this quote comes from: he was worried about his youthful appearance and height for a long time. Accepting himself and being true to himself also gave him the courage to take that plunge into films and dramas. We're all certainly glad he did!

Guest samsooky

dear @akinahana89, it's been a while since I've left a goody especially for Akina Aga. You don't mind if I leave this for you and all our @JJS_Friends here instead of the JoU thread do you? :xMore goodies for @everyone through this week...! :) 

From Nylon TV Korea (2012)...

tumblr_m5tecvNWys1qzbbb8o1_500.gif

tumblr_m5tecvNWys1qzbbb8o2_250.gif

tumblr_m5tecvNWys1qzbbb8o4_250.gif

tumblr_m5tecvNWys1qzbbb8o3_500.gif

CR: Instantstar

Guest samsooky

dear @akinahana89, ...wonderful, so lovely and adorable! How do you do it so quickly? (wow!!!)
Out of curiosity, are there any images of sun rays you have come across that may feel more "radiant" and what would a side profile like @yoeda's avatar (either photo or like a silhouette) look like in that kind of image? Not necessarily to change your banner image with JJS, but thinking along the lines of a representative image for Jo Hui Hae? 

Not a great examples...but an image with more "softer rays"?

16318755-sun-vector-background-eps-10-il
sunny-day-by-emilie-rollandin-212x300.pn

20893-clipart-illustration-of-a-morning-
belize-weather.jpg

@samsooky
I can adjust the radiance of the sun rays in the banner... but I'm afraid I still don't quite understand what kind of an image you are looking for when using the side profile of JJS. Unless you just want to see a general banner with his profile instead of his frontal?

Guest samsooky

akinahana89 said: @samsooky
I can adjust the radiance of the sun rays in the banner... but I'm afraid I still don't quite understand what kind of an image you are looking for when using the side profile of JJS. Unless you just want to see a general banner with his profile instead of his frontal?