Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - Upcoming Drama 2024: Sejak, The Enchanted

mintea18

Found this interesting post on Instagram :)

Young JJS must have worked really hard to support his mother and his family....... And he made his dream come true... He's not only a successful musical actor but a truthworthy actor rn... Couldn't love him more :wub:

• Like 5

@mundaliv, @kenjo80: awww~ I wish we could all be in the same room, watching the SBS award live! It'd be so much fun screaming together whenever we spot JJS or when he or JI won something! XD

@Jy Jy: oh! Is that what it was? I didn't know JJS got braces! When I first saw that clip, I thought there's something strange about his mouth~ Wow, this clip must be awhile back!!! =P

And thank you all for sharing JJS's latest vids/photos!

• Like 5

@soulgirl012 I just remember that I will be in my parents house with slow internet connection for new years eve. Seems that I can't do live streaming :( Yeah.. I will be fun for us JJS fans watching it togetherness :D But I will visit this thread very often on that day, so if you or anyone can live streaming, please give us live report :) Thanks!

@kenjo80 Gong Yoo is another name with quite big crowd of fans out there! Goblin somehow is his come back to drama, so it is much anticipated. I haven't started to watch Goblin because I'm still watching YTBLSS! :D Enjoying JJS dorkiness so much in YTBLSS :D I will watch Goblin though since everyone kinda watch it..like DOTS.. Many watch DOTS.. Not my kind of story, but it's okay. It's not the kind of drama that I will rewatch for sure. I don't rewatch medical drama, too scary. 

Btw, I just check the birthdate of Gong Yoo, JJS, and Lee Dong Wook. Turns out their were born in 1979, 1980, and 1981. Haaa.. I thought Gong Yoo is much older than that (already 40). And JJS birthday is in December 26. I wonder if there is a kind of event for his birthday this year!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, mintea18 said:

Found this interesting post on Instagram :)

Young JJS must have worked really hard to support his mother and his family....... And he made his dream come true... He's not only a successful musical actor but a truthworthy actor rn... Couldn't love him more :wub:

Yes, in YOF-Iceland, JJS shared that he started to get interested in musicals when he was in university.  A bit sad for him that he did not achieve his "original" dream of majoring in classical guitar but it worked out well in the end, for him and for us fans who get to be amazed by this multi talented actor!  He worked hard in musicals for SEVEN years until What's Up!  

Thanks to his perseverance, hard work and talent, he's just been awarded a special prize for "2017 Korea's First Brand Award"......there're 10 recipients of the awards including Park Bo Gum, Kwon Yeok-su Yang Se-hyung (comedians) and drama "Goblin"!  

xErApmr.jpg

On Dec 14th, the Korea Consumer Forum (CEO Jeon Jae Ho) announced  the '2017 Korea First Brand Grand Prize' special award winners selected by consumers.  The Korea First Brand Award is an award ceremony for selecting brands to lead the new year through a nationwide consumer survey. The special award will select innovative brands and individuals that will lead the trend in 2017 and are expected to have a positive impact on society as a whole.  "The 2017 Korea First Brand Award is meaningful because consumers have chosen the brand to lead the next year."

The awards ceremony will be held on January 18, 2017 at the Grand Ballroom, Conrad Seoul

Article translation with the help of chingu Google.

Yay, another award for the deserving JJS.......looking forward to the suave JJS in his black suit/tuxedo at the award ceremony on January 18th!!  And more excitingly, to lead the new year 2017 with more awesome dramas/movie/CFs:wub:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mundaliv said:

@soulgirl012 I just remember that I will be in my parents house with slow internet connection for new years eve. Seems that I can't do live streaming :( Yeah.. I will be fun for us JJS fans watching it togetherness :D But I will visit this thread very often on that day, so if you or anyone can live streaming, please give us live report :) Thanks!

@kenjo80 Gong Yoo is another name with quite big crowd of fans out there! Goblin somehow is his come back to drama, so it is much anticipated. I haven't started to watch Goblin because I'm still watching YTBLSS! :D Enjoying JJS dorkiness so much in YTBLSS :D I will watch Goblin though since everyone kinda watch it..like DOTS.. Many watch DOTS.. Not my kind of story, but it's okay. It's not the kind of drama that I will rewatch for sure. I don't rewatch medical drama, too scary. 

Btw, I just check the birthdate of Gong Yoo, JJS, and Lee Dong Wook. Turns out their were born in 1979, 1980, and 1981. Haaa.. I thought Gong Yoo is much older than that (already 40). And JJS birthday is in December 26. I wonder if there is a kind of event for his birthday this year!

Not to worry, @mundaliv there will be plenty of updates by his Korean fans on twitter and instagram on Dec 31 night and am so excited for him!  With all these recognitions and awards by Korean Culture Ministry and, Korean Consumer Forum for his immense popularity as a result of JI and Hyung, his "brand" value must now be sky high and it would only be "right" for SBS to award him the Daesang :phew:

Gong Yoo is a great actor too but I am not a huge fan of his.  Watching Goblin but not really liking the fantasy genre and if not for Dramabeans recaps, I would have been lost in Goblin's storyline.....I gave up on LOTBS after JJS's cameo and so am watching Goblin to see what the hype is all about!  

Didn't know Gong Yoo is only a year older than JJS......he looks much older than JJS and LDW.  Guess GY has the more matured look..... or rather JJS is boyish looking :) 

For his birthday, think his fancafe will hold a birthday party for him.......not too sure though cos have not come across any pics of his previous birthday celebrations.

• Like 3

Re-post text from @cloudgreen2202 insta post:

Yesterday during the Issac toast event Jungseok had a QnA session with the 15 lucky winners.

76cqfRv.jpg

cr: as tagged

Some interesting things were brought up:
1.He mentioned he really loves spicy food

2.He asked everyone what they had for lunch and said he had Soondaeguk. So he is very full. He was asked to taste the toast and the Mc said you can just eat abit if you are full. To which he said how can i just eat a bit, i must eat heartily. 

3. In Jealousy incarnate. There was a scene where he threw the can into the bin, that was cg effects. But in the recent Korean Ginseng cf, he really kicked the can into the bin and proudly mentioned it was because of his hacky sack skills which he showed in RM recently. 

4. When the MC said time was up, he seemed more upset than the fans and asked if they had more questions for him. 

5.He mentioned that during the stage greeting, DO fans asked to recommend a dinner location, he was curious if the fans would really go. 

6. He mentioned DO and him love pork belly

7.When he saw a fan wearing a yellow ribbon ( for the Sewol ferry victims ) he raised his thumb up. Then he said times in Korea now are ..... then had a sad expression. The fan said she will give him a yellow ribbon next time.

8. He mentioned that finally this year for once he could sit down at home and watch TV.

9.He mentioned again he is considering having a FM but he does not know when and where. He even said he could suddenly have one with no notice ( pleassssssse dun do that!!!!!Nooooolll!!!!!)

10.He went for lasik recently. As you know his specs are the same but compared to Friends over Flowers time and now the degree in his specs ( seen frm Jealousy incarnate and other events) is significantly lower. 

11.Finally he wants a vacation and has ton of things he wants to do so he is having trouble deciding. 

~~~~~~~~~~

There're only 2 weeks left of 2016 and JS-ssi can finally sit down and watch TV at home!  What a year it has been for him and he can now take a rest, reflect on the year and come back stronger next year!  But first, let's end the year with a BANG by winning the SBS Daesang :blush:

Ee4EDQu.jpg4HWl7Id.jpgUl0PkiI.jpg

• Like 5

2016 is fast approaching to an end and there are various polls being conducted on the k-ent industry.  The latest one is "Best Talent of 2016" poll which is a nationwide poll conducted from  November 4 to 25, 2016. The Moonlight and DOTS couples occupy the Top 4 with JJS at #5, GHJ at #7 and Jeon JiHyun at #9.

The Moonlight and DOTS couples can "fight" against one another for top awards at the KBS Drama Awards but I believe JJS is the front-runner for a couple of awards at the SBS Drama Awards.  Lee Min Ho and Doctors' Kim Rae Won are not in the top 20 of this poll and Lee Jun Ki is #17.  

wWD6Lf4.jpg

Edit: Here's the Top 10 List

1.       Park Bo-gum

2.       Song Joong-ki

3.       Song Hye-kyo

4.       Kim Yoo-jung

5.       Jo Jung Suk

6.       Ra Miran

7.       Gong Hyo Jin

8.       Go Doo-sik

9.       Jeon Ji-hyun

10.   Kim Hee-ae

Rounding up the Top 20 are:

11. 이순재(2.2%)  Lee Sung-jae (Chef in JI)
12. 차인표(2.1%), Cha In-pyo
13. 김수현(1.9%) Kim Soo-hyun
14. 최불암(1.7%),  Veteran actor
15. 조진웅·최지우(이상 1.6%), Jung Jin-woong, Choi Ji-woo (tied at #15)
16. 김혜수· Kim Hye-Su
17. 이준기·이종석(이상 1.5%),  Lee Jun-ki, Lee Jong Suk 
18. 김미숙· Kim Mi Sook (Reporter Kye in JI)
19. 서현진· Seo Hyun-Jin
20. 김하늘·김혜자(이상 1.3%) Kim Ha-neul and Kim Hye-ja

• Like 2

Thanks @kenjo80 and @cloudgreen2202 for the Q&A! Whatttt? Can in bin = CG?!! I know JJS could do it though! Gotta catch the CF to see the real thing! Haha~ And he got lasik!? Kinda disappointed he got it but guess it's more convenience for him~ Still wanna see glasses JJS! Hm... I wonder if he got it because of Iceland's?~

And any sharp eyes fans know if this scene was ever aired? Did I miss it? Which ep was it from? Thanksss~!

Spoiler

viewimage.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, soulgirl012 said:

Thanks @kenjo80 and @cloudgreen2202 for the Q&A! Whatttt? Can in bin = CG?!! I know JJS could do it though! Gotta catch the CF to see the real thing! Haha~ And he got lasik!? Kinda disappointed he got it but guess it's more convenience for him~ Still wanna see glasses JJS! Hm... I wonder if he got it because of Iceland's?~

And any sharp eyes fans know if this scene was ever aired? Did I miss it? Which ep was it from? Thanksss~!

Hide contents

viewimage.jpg

His myopia must be quite severe for him to go for lasik.  Well, guess it is more convenient for him to have his nearsightedness corrected but I think he still continues to wear glasses like he did at the last stage greeting for Hyung promotion. So, don't worry, we will still see him looking hot wearing his glasses....am sure he knows how much his fans love seeing him wearing those Harry Potter glasses!

This scene of HS shaving is in episode 6......when Doc came in to check on him and Nari after their surgical operations.....she asked Nari "Where's halmeoni? Where did she go?" when HS was in the bathroom shaving......and then a while later, he came out saying "Halmeoni is here"! Looking sexy even while shaving :wub:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ihjj said:

I love Gong Yoo. :blush: One of my favorites too. BUT I obviously love JJS more...well for now....WELL...I think for a while at least. LOL. 

@Ihjj - are you watching Goblin?  I said earlier I was not a big fan of Gong Yoo but after watching the first 3 episodes of Goblin, I find him very charming and attractive in his own ways, different from JJS. Goblin is getting more interesting even though this fantasy genre is not one that I particularly like but the storyline is exciting enough for me to keep watching.  Love the GY-LDW bromance too!

2 hours ago, Jy Jy said:

@Jy Jy-I have already posted the brief translation :)

• Like 2

JJS is the kind of actor that can make audiences go from "He's so sexy that I want to be GHJ so bad" to "o.m.g he's so cute I just want to pinch his cheeks" :) His charm is very unique :wub:

On 12/14/2016 at 0:45 PM, kenjo80 said:

Re-post text from @cloudgreen2202 insta post:

Yesterday during the Issac toast event Jungseok had a QnA session with the 15 lucky winners.

11.Finally he wants a vacation and has ton of things he wants to do so he is having trouble deciding. 

Awww... I smiled ear to ear reading this... He really wants to hold a fan meeting for his fans, he keep thinking and talking about it even though the date and time hasn't been decided yet.. Just one thing at a time JS-ssi, but don't be on vacation to long, we miss you everyday~

On 12/14/2016 at 5:35 PM, Jy Jy said:

So, JJS only 4,5% :cry: , anyway I have fun. 

He's in top 5, just behind 2 really hot couples from DOTS and MDBL. You should be happy for him :)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mundaliv said:

Thanks @mintea18 for bringing the pics here. I'm still not familiar with inserting media in the thread, and mostly I used only my mobilephone :) 

My pleasure! Your link is more than enough:blush: 

Some of Shinari's sweet moments... I'm still swooning so hard over these scenes... KYAAA :wub:

• Like 4