50 Things You Learn From a Korean Drama

Guest darkanqelxp

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest clairdeluned

LMAO I laughed like a luantic after reading these. hahahaha A lot of them are so true though. I swear, at least one person in every drama has cancer and/or dies.

Guest PINKXDREAMER

2) If you have a best guy friend, he is in love with you. And secretly you are too.

5) You're allowed to make uturns wherever you want in Korea. And there is never traffic on the side you want to u turn to.

6) There is a super quick payment device that allows you to pay a bill quickly enough for a guy to run immediately out of a restaurant after his angry girlfriend storms out.

7) Everyone has cancer.

10) Fighting at a pojangmacha with a random stranger is merely part of a normal night's event.

11) Soju must cost 10 cents. Everyone drinks it everyday all the time, especially the poor people.<I still dont get whay thats all they drink in drams

12) If you're rich, you're a jerk.

13) If you're poor, you're an angel.

14) Women sleep and wake up with a full set of makeup on.

16) If you have a nosebleed, you most definately have cancer. And you have no money to pay for the surgery that will save your life. And your liver is missing. We're not sure where it went, but it's making your cancer progress faster.

17) If you work in a sool jeep, you have massively curly hair and wear flashy colors from the early 90's.

18) You always order orange juice or coffee at a cafe. And you never drink it. EVER.< they drink almost as much as soju

19) You will always call your boyfriend by his job title. Or simply sunbaenim. Never his name. Never. He doesn't have one.

21) You go to America you come back miraculously successful. You go to England you come back amazingly fashionable. You stay in Korea the only thing that changes is your hairstyle.

22) And if you come back with no apparent reason then it's because you have cancer.

23) Everyone always goes to the same hospital no matter where they are.

25) Even if you're poor and can't eat, you never wear the same clothes twice.

27) If you're saving someone from being hit from a car, you'll push them out of the way and wait for the car to hit you instead. couldnt be more true, their like a deer in headlights

29) If you don't want to answer your phone, you can't just turn it off. The battery

needs to be taken out.

31) If you're in a relationship, you must at one point leave and have your lover tearfully come RIGHT before you board the plane (vice versa applies as well. You can be the chaser). 60% of the time you see each other, the other 40% you're roaming around in circles and pass each other about six times, but miraculously never see them.

32) If you're getting off a plane, you're ALWAYS wearing sunglasses. ALWAYS.

33) All guys wear hideous tracksuits zipped up to their neck. Even if all they're doing is jumproping.

34) Girls will always storm off because they're mad and the guy will stoically grab them by the arm and swing them back- and by magic, not dislocate their shoulders.

40) Your brother-in-law might be pining away for you. >

41) There are only 2 ways to kiss. You either press your lips against theirs with your mouth completely shut, and just press away for a very long and uncomfortable time. OR you devour the other person and suck out their soul. In both instances, the world spins.

42) A guy will always get the right size ring, even if you're never held hands.

43) People stare off into space and ponder a lot. They'll just stop in the middle of the road and watch a leaf on a tree for a good three minutes, and just ponder.

44) You'll get pregnant the first time you have sex.

47) If you overcome great obstacles to be together, one of you must die. Probably due to cancer.

so true

Guest Tharos

there was this one korean drama I use to watch, bout a mother who had a cheating husband. she dies in the end of cancer........ that was the only korean drama that actually made me cry :tears:

any1 know the name?? I forgot :unsure:

Guest iciclepop

hahaha.. some of those are the stuff my sister we always say when we watch dramas..especially the cancer ones..

Guest x3linda

i dunno how many dramas ive seen where people have cancer :blink:

and how the world spins when they kiss :lol: its so true

they need a better director :phew:

these are all so true :mellow:

Guest rain_drops

lolllllllls! that's so true!

I liked this one the best!

25) Even if you're poor and can't eat, you never wear the same clothes twice.

I laughed like crazy after reading all this :D

Guest (^__^)v

LOL most of themm are pretty funny and true. XD like how everyone get cancer or other problem that will make the person died. Also the kissing one! i thought that was funny XD how theres two kind.

Guest mzjehniffa

ahaha, they are sooo very true...

i got another one....

51. (Depending on gender) If the main character is a girl, she has a best friend who is a guy. That guy always liked the main character girl since they first met each other, but the main character girl never see him as a guy but more as a friend. And the girl always ends up liking another guy and her best friend guy gets all jealous and confesses to her. (vise versa)

ex. goong ( chaegyung was friends with yul and yul liked her but chaegyung liked shin)

my girl (yoorin was friends with jung woo and jung woo liked her but yoorin liked gong chan)

and all other types of drama

did that even make sense?

52. The main character girl always ends up with the bad boy and not the good boy who was always nice to her (like 51)

Guest tontamoo

23) Everyone always goes to the same hospital no matter where they are.

I'm not Korean, but I've seen enough kdramas to sort of surmise that this is refering to, but I just want to make sure I understand this properly. Is this referring to the fact that you always see patients wearing the white and blue outfits with HOSPITAL and some Korean characters running vertically? What does it say in Korean on the clothes? I always thought it was just standard issue patient wear for every hospital. In real life, does every hospital have different clothes for their patients?

Archived