[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

Watched ep26 and I keep getting this feeling that our main characters will die and others will step in to keep on fighting... oh.. no.. oh.. no i can't have this type of ending for Gaksital.  With an awesome drama, awesome characters, awesome fighting, awesome etc... I WANT AN AWESOME ENDING TOO!!!

I love that this drama takes you right into that time and age..I can feel what they are feeling.  I am feeling like MD right now... questioning if there is really hope for the Joseon people to win this war in the end (questioning myself if a story like this can really have a happy ending for Gaksital).  I am so afraid to watch the ending of this drama... just knowing it will end is already making me hurt so much... so please writer do not cut me even deeper!!! 

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

random wandering of the mind:
Why is the Chief of Hospital still alive? Assuming Taro is going to be dead next episode, I really thought it will climax in Taro's death as the last one of the Gang to fall. Are they saving the Doctor to save someone's life? Kangto? Bullet wound? And then what, miraculously healed within one day and go on for final showdown with Shunji?

I think you all know I stalk Joo Won in everything.
First, let me get this straight. I am not a critic on music or singing. So it's a pity cuz otherwise I will be able to describe better exactly what I mean. But I will say it anyway, based on the fact that I have listened to almost everything this guy sings. 
And as I listen to his latest OST, I am surprised that he sounds different from his previous OSTs and other love songs he has sung. The voice usually has a slight nasal tinge especially when he goes higher. But in this OST, Love and Also Love, his voice is much lower, a little hoarse, a bit mellowed somewhat. The thing is Joo Won can belt it out like no other cuz of his musical theatre background but here he is amazingly controlled. And even the high parts which makes up most of the chorus, he hits the notes but does it with such a light touch that it's almost like whispering. 
I am so so speechless. I already said before that he is a thinking actor. He really puts a lot of thoughts behind each scene and the nuances are so subtle that sometimes you just miss it. Although you do come away being touched by the scene and not quite knowing why. Now, he has also shown that he does it also in his singing. You can feel the pain and the heartache Kangto is going through just by listening to the voice and not understanding a single word. 
Joo Won, to me, you are truly special. There are many actors who can act and sing. But to me, you are the only one who Act With Your Heart and Sing With Your Soul. 
This is an extract from the song. Now I know why he sounded hoarse:
I miss you so much that my throat gets locked up as I say your name
I call you and call you, saying I love you and I miss you
Untitled-79.jpg

permalink: http://www.hancinema.net/bridal-mask-breaks-own-record-again-46967.htmlSource: Han Cinema

"Bridal Mask" breaks own record again

photo254529.jpgAccording to AGB Nielsen Media Research on the 31st, "Bridal Mask" on the 30th rated 21.4%.

This is 1.0% higher than the previous day's record.

"Bridal Mask" is nearing the end and the conflict against Lee Kang-to (Joo Won) and Shunji (Park Ki-woong) is getting deeper. Dam Sa-ri (Jeon No-min) died a heroic death on this day.

"Bridal Mask" is also dealing with the Independence Movement during the Japanese colonization at a time when Dok-do is a matter of issue between the two countries.

Meanwhile, MBC "Arang and the Magistrate" rated 13.0% and SBS "To The Beautiful You" rated 5.6%.

Which Hallyu star is banging his head for turning down the role of Lee Kangto
Have been reading news on Baidu that Joowon is appearing on a show on Japanese TV and his fans there are growing in numbers because of Bridal Mask. Who would have known? And here he is recording a japanese song. He is also singing an OST for a Japanese movie that's going to air on the 29th September. Awesome!
Untitled-80.jpg
Here's the video, if you want to hear him sing in Japanesehttp://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDQ1MjAwNjQ4.html
I just want to say THANK YOU to that Hallyu star or all those who rejected this role cuz I cannot imagine anyone else as Lee Kangto. 

Which Hallyu star is banging his head for turning down the role of Lee Kangto

Have been reading news on Baidu that Joowon is appearing on a show on Japanese TV and his fans there are growing in numbers because of Bridal Mask. Who would have known? And here he is recording a japanese song. He is also singing an OST for a Japanese movie that's going to air on the 29th September. Awesome!

I just want to say THANK YOU to that Hallyu star or all those who rejected this role cuz I cannot imagine anyone else as Lee Kangto. 

@mrdimples i watched a prog on tvN i think when BM first started broadcastg. They were doing a ranking of korean artistes who cld hav gain more popularity or earn more if they had not declined taking up some of those dramas tat eventually striked the jackpot. Joowon was on it bcoz he turned down The moon tat embraces the sun for OB. They oso mentioned abt Bridal Mask saying tat Joowon took up tis role which was declined by a hallyu star who has made a name for himself in recent yrs by venturing into the US or international entertainmt scene. I am suspectg 2 actors - one with Lee surname and the other cld b the singer/actor who currently doing his NS. Wat u think? :-/

ctfrsgp said:

mrdimples

wrote:

»

Which Hallyu star is banging his head for turning down the role of Lee Kangto<br />

Have been reading news on Baidu that Joowon is appearing on a show on Japanese TV and his fans there are growing in numbers because of Bridal Mask. Who would have known? And here he is recording a japanese song. He is also singing an OST for a Japanese movie that's going to air on the 29th September. Awesome!<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

((( Episodes 01-26)))

"Bridal Mask (2012) Softsubs"

Subtitles brought to you by:...

"The Bridal Mask Team" ~

The softsubs are synced as labeled.

Bridal Mask (2012) Softsubs Google Drive folder 

The individual RapidShare links for the softsubs...

KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E01.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt

KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E02.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt

KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E03.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt

KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E04.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt

KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E05.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt

KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E06.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt

KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E07.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt

KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E08.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt

KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E09.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt

KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E10.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt

KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E11.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt

KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E12.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt

KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E13.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt

KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E14.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt

KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E15.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt

KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E16.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt

KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E17.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt

KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E18.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt

KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E19.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt

KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E20.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt

KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E21.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt

KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E22.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt

KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E23.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt

KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E24.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt

KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E25.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt

KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E26.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt

NOTE:

RapidShare links for episodes E25 & E26 fixed.

Thanks @sunshine4ever for notifying me of the problem. :)

@Eja maybe BM had been in the pipeline for quite sometime but they cld not find any actor who alrdy has a certain level of recognition to accept the role until Joowon came along. He has started gaining popularity since he acted in King of Baking & OB, not forgetting he won newcomer awards for his role in OB.

@Eja
@ctfrsgp

It was around october 2011 when Jang Hyuk refused the role because he doesn't want to be typecasted as i remember reading from dramabeans

ainn said: @Eja
@ctfrsgp

It was around october 2011 when Jang Hyuk refused the role because he doesn't want to be typecasted as i remember reading from dramabeans

Archived