[Drama 2012] BIG 빅

the girl who!

Reposting from YooMin Soompi Thread ... 
Gong Yoo's message to his fans ( Yoo & I Fanclub ) sharing his feelings about BIG ^^ : 
불과 몇일 전 까지만해도 무더위를 알리는 저 소리가 미친 듯 듣기 싫었고...내 연기에 방해는 되지 않을 까 곤두섰던... 
그런데, 지금은 아무 생각없이 침대에서 뒹굴고 있는 나를 간지럽히는 달콤한 알람소리로 들립니다. 
혼자 피식 웃다가 이내 컴 앞에 앉았네요...재밌네요.. 
내가 어디로 가고 있는 지 어디에 있는지도 모를만큼 하루하루 아니 바로 다음 씬만을 걱정하며 살았던 치열하기만 했던 내 3개월 
의 기억들은 허무하게도 지금 이 순간 제 머릿 속엔 없는 듯 합니다. 마치 경준이처럼말이죠. 
시간이 좀 지나면...제 가슴속엔 뭔가 남을까요?!!.. 
드라마를 향한 여러가지 시선들,배우들을 향한 격려 또는 질책들... 
아주 오랜만에 드라마를 하면서 새삼 느낀 건 드라마란 장르는 역시 대중들과 근접해 있다는 거였어요. 
때론 그것이 현장에서 만드는 사람들에게 엄청난 압박과 부담을 선사하기도 한다는 거... 

그게 응원이던 질책이던 말이죠. 
좀 거창하지만..솔직히 눈치를 보면서 창작활동을 해야한다는 것이 여러모로 안타까웠습니다. 
당연한 것이라고 여기면서도 좀 억울하기도 하고...그러다보니 결국은 현 드라마 제작시스템에 대한 원망만 커지더라구요. 
전 사실 언제부턴가 드라마를 잘 보지 않습니다. 왜 그럴까 생각해보니.. 
아마도 만드는 이들의 고충을 너무 잘 알아서인지..보면서 이래저래 지적질하는 제 모습이 싫어서...^^; 흐흐 
암튼...그럼에도 불구하고 이번 작품..제가 감히 후회없다고 말 할 수 있는 건 아마도 주어진 환경 주어진 시간에서 최선을 다했다 
고 믿기 때문입니다. 
마지막까지 배우 공유를 향한 많은 칭찬,응원,격려들 진심으로 감사했습니다. 
전 다시 제자리로 돌아와서 묵묵히 기다리렵니다. 
진정으로 즐길 수 있는 작품을.. 
집 밖에 나가기 싫은 날씨에 건강들 조심하시고...전 짱 박혀서 밀린 영화나 실컷 볼랍니다...흐흐~ 
덧)제가 욕심이 많나봐요...고백하자면, 드라마 중간중간 경준이에 대한 칭찬들이 다행이다 싶으면서도... 
작품 자체가 더 반짝거리길 원했던 걸 보면... 
사실 드라마를 하겠다고 맘 먹을 때부터 내 욕심은 분명했던 것 같네요.. 

* Thanks a lot @wendy10 & @cutepinkers for sharing *

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my attempt: (and man... I really like the way this guy thinks about his career sometimes)

불과 몇일 전 까지만해도 무더위를 알리는 저 소리가 미친 듯 듣기 싫었고...내 연기에 방해는 되지 않을 까 곤두섰던...

Up to just a few days ago, when I was notified of the heat wave, it drove me crazy—I didn’t want to hear it, making me edgy about whether or not it will hinder my acting.

그런데, 지금은 아무 생각없이 침대에서 뒹굴고 있는 나를 간지럽히는 달콤한 알람소리로 들립니다.

But now, I’m rolling in my bed without a thought, I can hear the alarm sound as a ticklish, sweet voice.

혼자 피식 웃다가 이내 컴 앞에 앉았네요...재밌네요..

Giggling to myself, I immediately sat in front of my computer… it’s quite funny

내가 어디로 가고 있는 지 어디에 있는지도 모를만큼 하루하루 아니 바로 다음 씬만을 걱정하며 살았던 치열하기만 했던 내 3개월

To the point of not knowing where I’m heading or where I am, all day long—no, I would live worrying about even just the next scene itself—these 3 months of mine were intense.

의 기억들은 허무하게도 지금 이 순간 제 머릿 속엔 없는 듯 합니다. 마치 경준이처럼말이죠.

But these memories are in vain (they don’t matter that much), as I don’t have any (memories) of them in my head at this moment… like how KyungJoon was at the end.

시간이 좀 지나면...제 가슴속엔 뭔가 남을까요?!!..

When some time has passed, what (memories) would remain in my heart?!!

드라마를 향한 여러가지 시선들,배우들을 향한 격려 또는 질책들...

Some of the cold eyes aimed towards the drama, the berating words spoken towards the actors…

아주 오랜만에 드라마를 하면서 새삼 느낀 건 드라마란 장르는 역시 대중들과 근접해 있다는 거였어요.

After dramas have been made for a really long time, refreshing drama genres are definitely closer to the sentiments of the public (catering to them, pleasing to them).

때론 그것이 현장에서 만드는 사람들에게 엄청난 압박과 부담을 선사하기도 한다는 거...

But sometimes this is presenting a lot of pressure and heavy expectations towards the workers on site…

그게 응원이던 질책이던 말이죠.

I’m saying that this (having such expectations for refreshing material) is more berating them than supporting them.

좀 거창하지만..솔직히 눈치를 보면서 창작활동을 해야한다는 것이 여러모로 안타까웠습니다.

Though that’s a bit of an exaggeration, to have to do creative work under people’s scrutiny, in any way you see it is a tragedy.

당연한 것이라고 여기면서도 좀 억울하기도 하고...그러다보니 결국은 현 드라마 제작시스템에 대한 원망만 커지더라구요.

To say that this is a given here, to even complain a bit about it… If you look at all of these, then the conclusion is that the resentment towards the drama production system is only growing.

전 사실 언제부턴가 드라마를 잘 보지 않습니다. 왜 그럴까 생각해보니..

I myself, honestly-- even from a while back, have not felt optimistic about dramas (the industry). If you ask me why I thing this way…

아마도 만드는 이들의 고충을 너무 잘 알아서인지..보면서 이래저래 지적질하는 제 모습이 싫어서...^^; 흐흐

Well it’s just that I know too well the difficulties in making (dramas)… I don’t like to look at people pointing fingers at this or that ^^; hehe

암튼...그럼에도 불구하고 이번 작품..제가 감히 후회없다고 말 할 수 있는 건 아마도 주어진 환경 주어진 시간에서 최선을 다했다

Anyway… disregarding all this, the piece that I did this time… I can dare say that I don’t have any regrets—since I’ve done all the best that I could have in the given circumstances and in the given time.

고 믿기 때문입니다.

Because I believe that (I tried my best).

마지막까지 배우 공유를 향한 많은 칭찬,응원,격려들 진심으로 감사했습니다.

To the many praises, support spoken up to the end towards actor Gong Yoo, I sincerely give my thanks.

전 다시 제자리로 돌아와서 묵묵히 기다리렵니다.

I’ve waited quietly for myself to return to my place.

진정으로 즐길 수 있는 작품을..

The piece that I could truly enjoy…

집 밖에 나가기 싫은 날씨에 건강들 조심하시고...전 짱 박혀서 밀린 영화나 실컷 볼랍니다...흐흐~

In the weather that makes you dislike stepping outside your door, please take care of your health… I’m stuck at home so I’m catching up to movies to my heart’s content.

)제가 욕심이 많나봐요...고백하자면, 드라마 중간중간 경준이에 대한 칭찬들이 다행이다 싶으면서도...

P.S. It seems that I have a lot of greed… I’ll confess it: even though I want to say that the praises towards the KyungJoon of the midpoint of the drama were a relief…

작품 자체가 더 반짝거리길 원했던 걸 보면...

Seeing that I wished for a more dazzling path for the piece itself (that it would receive more praises)… 

사실 드라마를 하겠다고 맘 먹을 때부터 내 욕심은 분명했던 것 같네요..

Honestly, it seems like since the moment when my heart said I will participate in this drama, I had obviously already become greedy…

* Sorry for the formatting... I copied and pasted this from Word... and it ends up looking really funny =P

Guest samgirl

aww how can you not love yoo? he is just so optimistic. this is why I love both Seunggi and Him. the little boy in Yoo had me giggling too hahahah

thank you thank you thank you very much for the above wonderful translation...
i love and have always love and will continue to love and stand by him.. yoo-yoo was there in my time of sadness.. he has brought me many relief breathing moments and laughter.  Thank you.  
Stay strong yoo-yoo.. 

:x :x :-bd

Guest payel

At last I finished the 16th episode. And Finally BIG is over ... #:-S

Through these loooong 16 hours I tried hard  .....at first to love,  ....then to like and at last .... to endure this drama.Yes, Big has some moments but that's all!! Writers  are only capable of adding complexities in the story but when it comes to solve the problems they simply  make viewers to imagine everything....The ending of the story gives me headache...  ~X( If it was not for Gong Yoo, I wouldn't even bother to read the recaps of this  drama.

bigspecialtrack.jpg?w=462&h=292

for me BIG = only GONG YOO, every thing else is just .... Crap crap and more crap ..... :-q

I hope Gong Yoo will choose  well written drama  in future and save me from more torture ... [-O<

(I envy those who actually loved the ending of the drama... coz I also invested equal amount of energy and time but in the end only got headache ... )

Guest sunshine4ever

@hartofseeker - Thank you so much for the translation.

Was there a lot of dislikes for this drama in Korea, too? What a relief the drama is over though and I hope GY will be over, too, with how he feels about people's reactions.

Guest jobogae

I don't get people who feel that they've wasted their time watching BIG.  No one forced you to watch it.  Why didn't you stop at episode 6?  8? 10?  Stop complaining how the drama wasted your valuable time.  The negative energy you bring to this thread for BIG is ridiculous.  
You know what I do when I don't like a drama?  I watch the first and last episode.  There, I didn't waste my time.  

Guest payel

I don't think people who are posting here to say that the drama didn't satisfy them can be called complaining...

Complaining to whom ? for what solution? can anybody
here capable of doing  any change ?? all of us are here to express how we felt watching a particular  drama, you can like or dislike it...

It  better be called view or opinion, which can be both positive and negative..

And for watching this drama till the end , I take full responsibility for watching it till the last minute.. I can say I do have many unfinished dramas .... but here it is mostly for Gong Yoo, I can't miss the chance to watch his acting ... but I can't deny that I also had the hidden desire that this drama might pleasantly surprise me in the next episode and that next episode never came ...

I may be confused by the ending of this drama but one thing now I realized surely that in this thread people want to read only complements about this drama and how cute they looked , anything other than  this brings negative energy.... So , Sorry for my heartfelt negative opinion which is bothering you.. and thank you guys bearing my posts here.... till this last one..

Hope all your positive vibes can remove all the negative energy here ...  bye

Guest jobogae

There is a difference between constructive criticism (which is welcome in my book! especially insightful ones...) versus whining/complaining about nonsense that puts a damper in the whole watching experience.  Ha!
Definition of "complaining"Source: dictionary.com

to express dissatisfaction, pain, uneasiness, censure,resentment, or grief; find fault: He complained constantly about the noise in the corridor.

Guest xiandi

Hi Everyone~
I finally took some time to finished the last 4 episodes and I know it's too bad to put in my two cents if I'll only be posting a negative comments like the rest..
From the beginning, I do have high expectations on this drama as I love Gong Yoo so much and Hong sisters was the greatest romcom writer for me...as a Kdrama fangirl for almost 10 years.. believe me..I've watch a lot of worse drama yes..and I do consider "Big" as one of them.. but wasting our "precious time" well.. it's still worth it for me..just looking at Gong yoo is so worth it for me..
I never get tired watching any kdrama series and as always.. I have high expectations on the upcoming drama too.. But since it ended like that we can't just whine and blame any one if we didn't liked it but hope for a better upcoming  series.. I believe the producers, Hong sister and the director knows their failure

Guest ivyblanc

Gong Yoo's message to his fans ( Yoo & I Fanclub ) sharing his feelings about BIG ^^ :

@the girl who and @hartofseeker : Thank you so much for reposting and translation.

To me BIG is great and so as Gong Yoo and Lee Min Jung.

Gong Yoo's acting skill and screen chemistry with Lee Min Jung made Big's story line even more beautiful and lovely. I must admit that it is YooMin who dragged us to this long lasting emotional topsy-turvy state till now. They are really good.

GONG YOO truly is a good actor. I want to see more of Gong Yoo's great dramas, movies, listen to his soothing voice and beautiful songs in near future and years to come.

Guest sailorenigma

It seems to me that the instead of pressing the insightful icon I pressed the flag one. To payel, I am sorry I swear the icons in my iPad seem very close to each other. I didn't mean to spam you. I am sorry. You guys can spam me as much as you like, I don't mind since I've done it yesterday I should get punish. Anyway, I am sorry. I know it won't help in anything but I am sorry.

Archived