[Drama 2012] BIG 빅

the girl who!

Guest purplejellie

i'm still trying to accept all the craziness that went on in the last episode... O_O heeheehee

whitecarrot wrote a review on tues and pinkblossom just added her thoughts :)
http://carrotblossompatch.wordpress.com/2012/07/24/big-disappointment-episode-16-final-9-2/
class="entry-title"BIG Disappointment – Episode 16 Final [uPDATE] July 24, 2012 · by whitecarrot · in Drama Review.

Ok another short post. I have to admit. I fast forwarded a lot today through the episode. I felt like it was just a replay of everything. I was really hoping that the loose ends would be tied up. Like Da Ran/ Kyung Joon would tell their families about the body switch (not that their families would believe them). But I just wanted them to come out with the truth completely, not this KKJ mystery man stuff.

And again I have to say honestly, the ending really confused me. I thought that Yoon Jae had come back to see Da Ran at the end.  The editing was just so quick (which I guess was the point) but I was still pretty confused and had to watch it again. Essentially you are flashing between current time (rainy day/checkered shirt Kyung Jae) and one year ago (the goodbye scene between Da Ran and Kyung Jae/ sunny weather/ gray shirt Kyung Jae). I guess the show wanted to do a semi-open ending showing that Kyung Jae had come back and Da Ran was keeping her promise of holding on to him. But they NEVER show Kyung Jae’s face!!! I really wanted to see Kyung Jae’s face though. A girl needs visual confirmation. Why didn’t they let Kyung Jae act? Was it because his acting is totally stiff? Or just that they wanted to do mental tricks on the viewers?

I’m just really unsatisfied/confused about this ending. I waited 16 episodes and this is want the Hong Sisters come up with? :( I’m not big on over-analyzing dramas. So these are just my initial and superficial feelings/reactions to the last episode.

What do you guys think?

— UPDATE: July 29, 2012 —

pinkblossom’s thoughts

So, I initially didn’t write a review because… I just didn’t know what to say.  Well, I did have some things in mind but they weren’t pretty.  And I promised – on several occasions – that I wouldn’t poop on this Rollercoaster, so I needed some time to take a step back and reexamine this whole drama.  Minus the episodes I kinda skipped.  Uh, okay, so maybe I skipped more than a few.  Anyhoo, I thought a day would be enough time to cool off, but then the real world intruded and now it’s been nearly five days since BIG came to a close.  I still don’t know what to say, but I don’t think waiting any longer is gonna help me, so… here goes.

First and foremost, GONG YOO, you are just all kinds of awesome.  No, I’m not being shallow – okay, maybe I am lovin’ his hottie-ness – but for seriously, this man really shined in this unfortunately not-so-shiny drama.  I wrote about this in my first post about Big, but I had a lot of mixed feelings about this drama.  I was excited, but not, then yes, then no, and on and on.  It really was a big fat rollercoaster, pun intended.  Some episodes were quite squee-worthy, others (many others) were ...

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big is about an immature 18 year old boy trapped in the body of a 30 year old successful doctor. Big, on the first place, is not a LOVE STORY, it's about MATURITY. The 'love story' in the series is only an instrument to achieve the theme of the drama, which is Maturity.
So, shut your mouth and analyze the drama first after posting "immature posts, comments, recaps." ^^

I couldnt' find my anwer to the final episode. Even in Dramabeans can't find the clear ending. It was totally vague.  I'm still confused and I can't come up with my ending.
The writer did not show the switching. Seemingly, KKJ is still in the body of Yoon Jae. What happened to  KKJ's body? 

@raewonkim
there's alot of confusion on the ending; tons of debate on it as well. Overall it is clear that everyone love the acting, but the script writing and ending left a lot of viewers confused and loose ends were left untied. Personally will not comment any further cause I wrote a loooong entry on my thoughts previously, but just to let you know:
Besides dramabeans, you can read http://koalasplayground.com/2012/07/24/big-episode-16-recap/. The recapper comes up with her interpretation of BIG. She also posted http://koalasplayground.com/2012/07/27/koala-brains-and-feelings-debate-big-with-a-final-bts-video-of-the-cast-farewell/ where she tried to reason this drama; heart VS logic. It's her way of sharing her own thoughts. 
And as for people who would have preferred Shin under the umbrella; she also posted someone's fanmade MV (which I'm sure someone has posted here before) but I'll just post it here again: http://koalasplayground.com/2012/07/26/fanmade-big-mv-shows-ending-with-original-kyung-joon-and-da-ran/
There will always be people who will agree and disagree with this show... 

Guest spiriticon

The series was damn good for 15 episodes IMO. A lot of people hated ep 15, but I liked it because it showed a sacrificial side of KJ. He wanted to prepare DR for his disappearance so she wouldn't be a total wreck when it actually happened. Ep 15 also showed how strong the love DR has for KJ. The drama cliche usually shows both leads going their separate ways before realising they love each other too much. In BIG, DR just will not let KJ go and it is very touching.

Ep 16 well... it just leaves too many holes that I have to fill with my own headcanon to be satisfying. It's not that I can't do it, it's just that there will always be a doubt in my head since I didn't see it happen. The failure to close Yoon Jae's character properly really annoyed me.

chingu, I want to ask something about OST Big.
I was very Happy find the Full OST, but I little dissapointed, There's no Instrumental.
Do You know where I can download the instrumental OST?
not the Instrumental of Song, but instrumen on Big.
Like music when Da Ran - Yoon Jae and Da Ran - Kyung Joon first meet...

Guest rochinipark

i just finished wit BIG yesterday.This is one of the strangest and not as hyper Hong Sisters drama.I've seen most of their dramas.Even though,i liked the toned down tone but the ending left me little dry.

I did not like how a lot of aspects in this drama we had to believe happened out of camera.Like how apparently in the end YoonJae and Kyung Joon returned to their respective bodies and some earlier narratives in the beginning episodes.This show flow was strange to me.In the end why couldnt they make young Kyung Joon (SHIN) act out his return.They still used Gong Yoo.

But overall i liked this drama but i dont understand why Daran always adopted an aegyo like voice whenever she's alone wit Kyung Joon and not so much when she's wit others.My opinion lar on her voice tone.

Anyways love the drama regardless.

Guest xopo17

our principal of school a.k.a LMJ's boss on Big drama, :P
201207232048321010_1.jpg
credit : as tagged on picture

mmhhh, i'm already missed the chemistry between LMJ and GY. after Ido Ido drama finished, this drama is my pleasure and my happiness also my confused for ep.16, :)) but now, there is No BIG on next week, sighhhhh, i missed this lovely couple..... :x :)

there are been sad scene, tears scene like this one :
20120718_1342567458_45654500_1.jpg

they gave me the quarrel scene :
32251347.jpg

43059848.jpg

but also they gave me happy scene and lovely dovey scene :x :)
62416115.jpg

14361719.jpg
12975379.jpg
16463184.jpg

& not forget the wedding scene :) and the hot Kiss :x
4029-big-gong-yoo-and-lee-ming-jung-kiss

and their love just like sun flower who always bright and happy , like the colour of sunflower = yellow means Happines for GY & LMJ
32545726.jpg

Guest darkstar257

I don't if it was posted already but YOU MUST READ THIS:
http://kdrama.asian-fiction.com/2012/07/the-ending-of-big-and-why-it-works/

"Hong Sisters do one thing that they will sacrifice all else to–events, characters, pacing, conflict. They will sacrifice all those to get the *theme* of the drama to work. I noticed this particularly in My Girlfriend is a Gumiho. They did this in YAB and Greatest Love too. They will sacrifice everything to get the theme to work." 
Agree! :)

>-

HONG SISTERS, you are the BEST ^

:)

^

Guest xopo17

congrats for GY & LMJ and BIG drama coz they are now expand to Japan <:-P congrats BIG drama :)

Gong Yoo’s Drama ‘Big’ and Movie ‘Silenced’ Coming to Japan

Japan will soon be seeing more of Gong Yoo.

Following in the heels of the conclusion of KBS’
Big, the drama is being exported to Japan in early August.

Big will make its Japanese television premiere on CSTV on August 3. Despite the drama falling short of expectations and anticipated viewership ratings in Korea, the drama is hoped to find greater success in Japan.

15025032.jpg

In addition, Gong Yoo’s movie
The Crucible (Silenced) will also make its premiere in Japan on August 4.

Gong Yoo’s agency shared, “In Japan, the fantasy genre is very popular. The passion surrounding
Coffee Prince still remains and we believe it will bring a positive influence. In particular, with the movie and drama simultaneously coming to fans we are anticipating a synergy effect.”

Photo credit: Born Factory
credit : newsWorld Stewart Ho

Archived