[Drama 2012] BIG 빅

the girl who!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last 2 episodes were a real rollercoaster ... too many emotions ... I was happy then I was sad ...after 5 minutes  I was again with a big smile on my face but 2 after 2 minutes I was crying with them . 
 I have been reading your thoughts about a possible ending .. and I'm starting to believe about the posibility of Daran ending alone 
The reality is sad : she's in love with Kyung Joon , but she's married with his brother in love ( who is her former fiancé ) . I said the last week that the marriage wasn't the smartest decision of their lifes and now I think it was the worst decision ... even if she really wanted to protect and take care of him
Now ... with the fact that they're brothers and they used Kyung Joon to save Yoon Jae's life , the things are way too complicated ... plus, Daran is going crazy because she can't believe that she ended falling for her student ... seriously =( 
Until ep 9 I was wishing a ending with this scenario :
ABOUT YOON JAE 
Yoon Jae wakes up and return to his body ... he liked Daran since the first moment  but he wasn't in love with her ... why?First , because he had still feelings for Seyoung ( on Se Young's character description they mentioned that they broke up because she didn't want to start a family with him and not because  he doesn't love her anymore ... plus, he accepted the keys of Se Young's house ... Second, he was like Daran ... just like her dream was to be the wife of a handsome doctor  , his dream was to start a family ( remember that he loved kids , that's why he ended being a pediatrician ) , and they were dating for only 2 months! I'm pretty sure that he was going to say that to Daran when the accident ocurred . So in the end , they can understand each other real feelings and say : sorry & bye  
ABOUT DARAN & KYUNG JOON  
They love each other , but he needs to experience the things of his age like going to the army and then the university ... But she will wait for him ( while trying to convince her family about her true feelings )  and someday - few years later -  they can reunite ( maybe another umbrella scene?? )  and be happy ... maybe in the US 
Now ... I can't think in a coherent happy ending to Daran & Kyung Joon 
* Sorry if I have a lot of grammatical mistakes , I'm not good at english ... but I tried to express my thoughts *

I vaguely remember Lee Min Jung in BBF but she's definitely got my attention and antenna up for her in BIG.  Surprisingly good and adorable performance.  I'd say Lee Min Jung x Gong Yoo produce more natural chemistry than Yoon Eun Hye x Gong Yoo.  Am surprised LMJ's already 30yo yet she can pass for for 20-ish.

I vaguely remember Lee Min Jung in BBF but she's definitely got my attention and antenna up for her in BIG.  Surprisingly good and adorable performance.  I'd say Lee Min Jung x Gong Yoo produce more natural chemistry than Yoon Eun Hye x Gong Yoo.  Am surprised LMJ's already 30yo yet she can pass for for 20-ish.

Guest rainbow32

I just wanted to explain something for those who are confused about Kyung Joon and Yoon Jae's relationship: They are full brothers. Yoon Jae was sick as a child with some unknown illness and needed a donor to save his life. Yoon Jae's mother could not carry another child, so they needed to find a woman to be a surrogate mother to carry the child in her womb. Yoon Jae's parents chose to have the woman that Yoon Jae's father was in love with to carry the child, which was a very ill made decision I think. Yoon Jae's father gave his sperm and Yoon Jae's mother gave her eggs and then it was injected into the woman that Kyung Joon knows as his mother. Kyung Joon has Yoon Jae's parent's genetics, he is in no way genetical related to the woman that gave birth to him and raised him. He would need both Yoon Jae's parents' genetics to be the best donor match for his elder brother. Plus, SY ran a DNA test with Yoon Jae's mother's hair (not the father) so Kyung Joon has her genetics, as well as the father's. I'm guessing Yoon Jae's mother doesn't see Kyung Joon as her son because he grew inside and was given birth to by the woman that held her husband's affections. That's cold, Kyung Joon is her blood-related son and unknowingly saved his big brother's life.

I‘m really enjoying reading the theories and the feelings you share about each and every episode 
the last two episode i can say it give us a clear vision that somehow , someway things will ends up different that we all thought i can see myself if its end like some of you guys already said 
like ... each one of the two brothers end up being in his own body , and then DR breaking up her marriage and wait another 5 or even 10 years after KJ finished the collage (*UN) and his duty in the army . then they meet again like the same old way on the bus with the scene of picking up the wrong umbrella . 

i really hope this one end with a great scene  , story and happy for ever after line ... 
but im really afraid of the return of old story of coffee house . cause i really hated it , and i even end up deleting all folder . 
Scene i really go Crazy about crying about 

'Big' Lee Min Jung Cries Over Her Love For 19 Year-Old Kyung Joon
In episode 10 of KBS 2TV drama 'Big,' Lee Min Jung found out she had feelings for Suh Yoon Jae (Gong Yoo), whose soul was switched with that of a 19 year old Gang Kyung Joon.
In order to forget about Kyung Joon, Da Ran (Lee Min Jung) went to places she cherished with Yoon Jae.  The place where they spent Yoon Jae's birthday, the bench where she drew a big heart on while waiting for Yoon Jae with her rented bicycle-Da ran visited them all and tried to reminisce on her past with Yoon Jae.
However much she tried to let the thought of Yoon Jae overwhelm that of Kyung Joon, Da Ran could not help but feel more for Kyung Joon.The time her heart beat as Kyung Joon told her that he was on his way to the park to see her, and her disbelief at having such feelings for him thus telling him to not come-these memories all arose within her.   As Kyung Joon returned home, his soul exited Suh Yoon Jae's body and he tried to return to his original body laid at the hospital. However, he had difficulty in doing so and unintentionally conveyed motion of Kyung Joon's body at the hospital.  To this news, Da Ran hurriedly ran back home.
The sight of Kyung Joon having lost consciousness and fainted led Da Ran to heavy tears. As soon as Kyung Joon regained consciousness and assured her that it was him, Da Ran felt much better. She had poured out tears in fear of Kyung Joon's soul leaving the body.
Not knowing Da Ran's love for him, Kyung Joon teased, "You were disappointed that I didn't come back as Suh Yoon Jae, huh? Don't worry, he'll come back for you soon."
Source : Korea Portal

Guest Tofu_Cloud

I just wanted to explain something for those who are confused about Kyung Joon and Yoon Jae's relationship: They are

full

brothers. Yoon Jae was sick as a child with some unknown illness and needed a donor to save his life. Yoon Jae's mother could not carry another child, so they needed to find a woman to be a surrogate mother to carry the child in her womb. Yoon Jae's parents chose to have the woman that Yoon Jae's father was in love with to carry the child, which was a very ill made decision I think. Yoon Jae's father gave his sperm and Yoon Jae's mother gave her eggs and then it was injected into the woman that Kyung Joon knows as his mother. Kyung Joon has Yoon Jae's parent's genetics, he is in no way genetical related to the woman that gave birth to him and raised him. He would need

both

Yoon Jae's parents' genetics to be the best donor match for his elder brother. Plus, SY ran a DNA test with Yoon Jae's mother's hair (not the father) so Kyung Joon has her genetics, as well as the father's. I'm guessing Yoon Jae's mother doesn't see Kyung Joon as her son because he grew inside and was given birth to by the woman that held her husband's affections. That's cold, Kyung Joon is her blood-related son and unknowingly saved his big brother's life.

Guest timpa

Since apparently the older man who was reading the miracle book) is the former home-room teacher of Kyung Joon's Mom and apparently friends with Yoon Jae's Father. I wonder if being a school teacher he may have some kind of connection to DR's Father as well. Since everything and everyone in this drama seems interconnected to multiple people.

Perhaps even futhering the connection by DR's Mom and KJ's Mom being classmates.

Guest sunshine4ever

Oh, I read some of your posts and I just feel like crying. I don't see a  happy ending for all of the characters. Episode 10 was real hard on me especially towards the ending with DR sick and everything. The problem is too incomprehensible. I am just going to wait until the scriptwriters give us more and/or have them solve it since it's just dead-end for everything. I don't see a good resolution for this complexity.

For everyone who thinks that DR is cheating on YJ. Well, she doesn't necessarily have totally commit to YJ since she doesn't really know when he'll come back. It is natural to have feelings for KJ since he has been around her a whole lot. Her feelings for KJ is not bad, but her actions (if she ever take any) like going out with him with that intention then yes maybe it is. But at this point YJ is not even legally here in front of her so that doesn't count as cheating.

The last part of the episode is so touching.  I don't know who should I root up, YJ or KJ.  Either way, one of them is going to be hurt.  What the professor has said about salvation means love and sacrifice is perhaps foreshadowing of what is to come.  I really like KJ and can't help but to feel sorry for him and wish him happiness at the end. 

At first I thought the Hongs would not let KJ be that long in YJ body. I thought they won't let us "see" DR develop romantic feeling (well may be a little) toward KJ (in YJ body) so that we won't be too attached with the KJ/DR pairing.

I thought they gonna let the soul go back to the right body then start the story from there. KJ will teach YJ how to win DR heart. I already imagine the funny scene of younger brother coaching older brother how to win his fiance heart. The real YJ, sort of dorky and learning the technic from a dorkier KJ. I hope to see some bromance.. UNFORTUNATELY .. they left KJ soul too long in YJ body and I am already VERY comfortable with KJ-YJ version... OTOKE? Here I am seeing YJ (GY) but in my mind I have Shin Won Ho image (I think Shin Won Ho made a good impression on the first episode, coz I always see Shin Won Ho (KJ)  everytime KJ the YJ version appear on screen). I don't know how to explain .. confused much everyone? :D ... yea it's KJ the YJ but I'm seeing Shin Won Ho ... :sigh: .. I gave up .. with my limited vocab I can never explain this...

I keep on having this.. OTOKE YO? OTOKE YO? in my mind while watching. keep on telling myself to stop thinking OTOKE YO?...

Also while taking shower just now.. this OTOKE YO keep on popping in my mind.. now I am also thinking OTOKE YO?.. cheh.. this OTOKE YO seem stuck in my brain.. aiyoh Hong Sister.. whatcha doin wit ma brain... during meeting just now suddenly I say out loud.. OTOKE YO? with a frown. Everyone look at me weirdly - O O ..

it's so obvious, I am sure everyone know my soul is not there.. just my body... :sigh: OTOKE YO?

I started to hate Kyung Joon;s Character ..!!! He always think about Daran while MAri is always there for him... if he doesn't want Mari to be with him then he should atleast tell Mari in the first place...I pity Mari's Character everyone is bashing her and most people find her annoying & Selfish... MAri is just straightforward & Naive ..!! She does what she want, but she never step on other people's Feelings...
If kyungJoon doesn't want Mari then KyungJoon has to do something so that Mari will stop following him everywhere & maybe stop caring for him ..!!!Mari always say "YES" whatever KyungJoon will tell her ....  But KyungJoon never see the Good Side of Mari...!!! 
I Pity Mari so much ...!!! 

Guest yumoreo5

Am I the only one who wishes to see more of KJ, Shin Won Ho in particular? Gosh, his portrayal of KJ in the first episode was pretty catchy. I hope KJ wakes up by the next episode or so. I want to see both brothers together for a few episodes.

Guest katkat88

Am I the only one who wishes to see more of KJ, Shin Won Ho in particular? Gosh, his portrayal of KJ in the first episode was pretty catchy. I hope KJ wakes up by the next episode or so. I want to see both brothers together for a few episodes.

I started to hate Kyung Joon;s Character ..!!! He always think about Daran while MAri is always there for him... if he doesn't want Mari to be with him then he should atleast tell Mari in the first place...I pity Mari's Character everyone is bashing her and most people find her annoying

If kyungJoon doesn't want Mari then KyungJoon has to do something so that Mari will stop following him everywhere

Guest banana1430278422

Hey guys- don't know if someone pointed this out but the ep11 preview is out :)

다란(이민정)은 경준(공유)에게로 향하는 마음을 잡을려고 노력하고, 마리(배수지)는 경준의 아버지를 찾아 나선다. 한편 경준(신원호)을 찾으로 한국으로 온 윤재의 아버지는 경준의 영혼이 들어있는 윤재와 만나게 되는데...

Could anyone give a rough translation? Something to do with Mari continuing her search for KJ's father and KJ's dad meeting KJ in YJ's body? Not sure, my Korean ain't that great >_<

I started to hate Kyung Joon;s Character ..!!! He always think about Daran while MAri is always there for him... if he doesn't want Mari to be with him then he should atleast tell Mari in the first place...I pity Mari's Character everyone is bashing her and most people find her annoying

If kyungJoon doesn't want Mari then KyungJoon has to do something so that Mari will stop following him everywhere

Archived