[Variety] The Romantic (더 로맨틱)

Guest didilovebi

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I got the gist of what happened when I watched the RAW, it's better with subs hehehe. And honestly... I don't know why I feel like I'll be mindblown by the end of this season. Like, I don't think anything is certain at all. Except maybe N and Eunyoung hehee. The others could end up anywhere... Like even when Yewon said she's 50-50... and she ended up going on the date with Jonghoon.. you would think she might lean towards him.. but towards the end, I feel uncertain. Especially since Jonghoon looks a bit helpless when he's the one who's been waiting so long for this date so something must've happened for him to be like that as well.. GAH. Sunday needs to come soon. 
There's quite a lot of flaws with this season, but I personally find it more addictive because of the tension and the unpredictability. Especially the interviews revealed a lot about their uncertainty as well. Oh and man, Jonghoon... is so damn bold. Like truly truly truly. He amazes me. I think he's winning me over... though I feel that he's seriously the jealous type. The confrontation/talks afterwards ... though I got most of it ... there were still some bits that shocked me; especially his tone. I still believe he's trying to call Minhyuk out for being a bit of a 'player' (from his perspective) and I think he reiterates this in the car when he says that he and Minhyuk have two different styles. I get why he did that, but I kind of feel he's not in the position to say that - just because he's not open to dating the others, doesn't mean Minhyuk can't... Like, I felt so bad for Minhyuk there that I wanted Yewon to just hug him better. Yet, as a girl, Jonghoon's steadfastness makes me cheer for him when he gets his date - especially when he's making these bold proclamations during the interview. But I also like Minhyuk and Yewon... sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Man, the next date is so important as Yewon said. If it goes well, she'll probably lean towards Jonghoon... but if not...? And if she's really upset, and Minhyuk picks up on it... how would he react? Since he did say he was most attracted to her... yet, he seems like he wants to look at the bigger picture and not get all caught up in this triangle and that he was having a change of heart... I think he picked up on the romantic vibes between Jonghoon and Yewon and that was a curveball, especially since she was suddenly cold to him (since she overheard him) after what was a really fun and romantic date. Man, these guys can't get a break can they? My feels are all over the place. 
I also think everyone could tell something was up with Jonghoon and Yewon. I mean, apart from Jonghoon choosing her, they were like side by side in Gna's, Eunyoung's and Minhyuk's selection videos. Which just goes to show that they were basically inseparable at the aquarium and afterwards as well.  
Kevin is adorable, but he's so inexperienced and I personally can see why he wasn't viewed in a romantic way. Honestly, this season, all the girls are more 'bubbly' than the guys so I can understand why they would prefer someone less quiet because I myself am like that. This season looks like  a lot more heartbreak, but I guess that's more realistic. 
Oh and I was so excited for the quick subs, but was anyone else a bit disappointed that there was no captions? I'm so thankful to KSN but at the same time, I like the little insights the captions give since the crew were basically there with the cast or knew there intentions second best. 
FML, sorry again for the long rant. This show was has me all over the place. 

Looking at season 1 editing, the preview might be different than what we thought. But seriously this show made me realised how good looking jonghoon is and how catchy their song is.. the lyrics kept playing in my head all the time. ~lonely lonely~Wasn't big fan of FT.Island, they were in my top least fav kpop idols.  The show is a good place promotion for unknown member.

Now that I've seen it with subs, I feel as if I should just marathon it when it's done coz the waiting and the possibility of my final pairing not happening is right around the corner.  Everything's just so uncertain and unpredictable, and I'm not sure if my heart can take it. 
With the tension, the rumors swirling around of the final pairing, the merry-go-round of emotions, it feels as if they shot this for 4 months, instead of 4 days.

My mid-season opinion.....

Jiwon, Kevin, N and Eunyoung:  Though they prefer a specific person right now, but it looks like even a weak gust of wind can dislodge that person from them.  Especially Jiwon, though she always chooses Minhyuk now, but I think the dates are important to her, hence changes may happen.  I just hope that Kevin and N can step it up a bit, bring in the personality.  And Eunyoung, continue the cuteness.
G.Na  Though her pride was hurt (understandable!), I still see her as, not really being interested with the other guys, only Jong Hoon till the end.  Her reaction after the mid-selection was the most extreme amongst the girls....maybe because.....her feelings were deeper?
Minhyuk  I'll be honest, I wasn't fond of his wishy washy ways and then him denying it, kinda made me iffy about him.  Jiwon, Yewon, EunYoung and 2 of the guys (except N, bromance for the win!) were all in agreement that he was playing sweet music with the 2 girls.  I just felt like he knew that he was stringing along the girls, but didn't have the courage to own up to it when confronted.  It made him appear really young (maturity level) compared to the other guys.
Jong Hoon  I did like his interviews and his consideration for the girls feelings, it showed me how much he likes Yewon and his maturity.  But, it seems as if he's gonna have his heart broken.   If so, with that devotion, can he shift his interest to one of the other girls?  If he can, then I'll be disappointed in him.hehehe
Yewon, The lady in the middle.  I'm not sure what kind she prefers, the comfortable (Minhyuk) or the take-charge kind of guy(Jong Hoon), but I feel she's more into Minhyuk.   I think she was conscious of the attention and devotion that JongHoon's showering her, hence she's more aware of her actions and reactions.   I find it hard to read her, she maybe bubbly and talkative, but her emotions are kinda in-check.

------

Jong Hoon's ideal type?
C774D64DAE30CD5CC885D6C8_zps7db4ea60.jpgcr   http://cfile236.uf.daum.net/image/152996504FF3EDB735ED07

I was trying to hide the picture under spoiler, but I don't know how to do the spoiler thing, anyone knows?

athirah said: Looking at season 1 editing, the preview might be different than what we thought. But seriously this show made me realised how good looking jonghoon is and how catchy their song is.. the lyrics kept playing in my head all the time. ~lonely lonely~Wasn't big fan of FT.Island, they were in my top least fav kpop idols.  The show is a good place promotion for unknown member.

@akikisetsu I twinkystar said: athirah said: Looking at season 1 editing, the preview might be different than what we thought. But seriously this show made me realised how good looking jonghoon is and how catchy their song is.. the lyrics kept playing in my head all the time. ~lonely lonely~Wasn't big fan of FT.Island, they were in my top least fav kpop idols.  The show is a good place promotion for unknown member.

I understand where Jonghoon was coming from when he talked to Minhyuk but couldnt he have talked to him in private?

About Yewon/Jonghoon's date I think that he is laying everything out on the table too soon and too fast, it is quite clear that he doesnt play games, he straight up told Yewon that he liked her. But I couldnt help thinking he needed to relax and just go with the flow. Did he really have to bring up Minhyuk? That was really unnecessary. I feel like he is soo excited and really hoping for Yewon to like him, he maybe too much for Yewon. I can't really read Yewon because she seemed slighty reserved? I guess next week we will find out what happens and what she is feeling?

Guest nurianhu

Ok so i watched it with subs, Now I need to watch it with captions subbes aswell and I'll finally understand everything! oh well.. :)

Eunyoung is such a cute girl, I don't understand why Jonghoon for example doesn't even seem interested in her (or Jiwon for that matter). Anyway I really like the fact that she is so into N. It would be great to see N take some initiative and show Eunyoung some love. But he seems to be pretty happy going on a date with Jiwon...

Poor Minhyuk, he can't seem to do anything right. Yewon is angry because she overheard him saying some tactless things, Jiwon is probably a little upset right now because he gave so many signals but doesn't choose her and then there is Jonghoon who "confronts" him in front of almost the entire group. Honestly I don't think he planned to fall asleep on Jiwon's shoulders, I think he just came in that position while he was asleep.

I really like both Minhyuk and Jonghoon, they're both quite attractive but I think Minhyuk has the better attitude for this show and the first few days. I mean what if one of the other girls is his secret soulmate. Ofcourse he wants to meet them all before he can make a final choice. I think Jonghoon's behaviour makes it awkard for the group when they're together. especially with G.na being pissed at him.

And was someone else watching with a little bit emberassment as Jonghoon was confessing his love and obsession to someone he knows for 2 days?
And what was with the talk about going to heaven or hell?!

I hope next episode we'll see more of N/Jiwon Kevin/Eunyoung and Minhyuk/G.na. especially since we already got some Jonghoon/Yewon this episode. And since I prefer Minhyuk/Yewon I didn't like it too much. haha

Guest divyanair

Okay, so I really have to write this. I have been watching R&I after Teukso left, I like season 2 better. Maybe because it has more stuff going on, or because of Jonghoon. I didn't even know who he was until right now. I only knew him through Chocoball (Heenim fan here!^^) and I am pleasantly surprised. How did I not notice this handsome guy with amazing body in my entire life? But I didn't like him because of his looks (it's different for everyone) but I liked him for his personality. He isn't afraid, and from the beginning, he liked Yewon. He didn't know she was going to be in it, and when he knew, he was really elated. He didn't hide his feelings nor did he pretend anything. He confronted like a real man, and Yewon should be lucky (on my personal note). She is having a man's full attention, not to mention a beautiful man's attention, and she is not taking it seriously? I mean, he even left G.NA (even though I am a girl, she is seriously hot) for her! I agree that the mention about Minhyuk to her in the middle of the date is not good, but Jonghoon needs some hope! He has even trying to get her attention throughout the episodes. Considering how desperate he is, he has to confront with Minhyuk for his feelings. He is really taking this real, and I hope Yewon is too. And about Jonghoon being a player (about leaving G.NA for Yewon), on what bases are you making that conclusion? Just because he has some girl idol's phone numbers makes him a player? Please, he is too sweet for being a player, and believe me, I had plenty of those in my life. And while we are at the topic of players, it's rather safe to say Minhyuk is here for fun rather than he is a player. He is a rookie, and being in a relationship could risk that. As I notice in the previous season and now, the producers take some unknown members and mix them up with famous idols. Anyways, back on Minhyuk, he is here for fun, rather than finding a stable relationship, which is what Jonghoon (and Yewon I hope) is trying to find. They are completely two different people, and have different styles. And about Jonghoon's eagerness and being too fast, he is desperate. He really wants Yewon to look at his love, and he knows that he wouldn't get another chance after this. I mean, people will suspect and he doesn't care, but Yewon would.

The next would be the preview for the next episode. There can be two reasons (personal opinion again) which are:

A) he confessed - which is a common guess by everyone.

B) Yewon thought he was acting and he got hurt - this show is just variety for the audience. People carve for dramas and love triangles. Yewon thought he is acting, considering this is a variety show rather than reality. We really don't know if this is scripted or not, and we can't find that out. How would you feel if your crush thinks you are acting when you are confessing? (been there, done that). It doesn't feel good. He got hurt, things got awkward. I know that he is real with his feelings. Idols don't just come and say they like someone, and I love him for his guts. He is at least having only one girl in his heart, and not wandering, unlike some people *cough* JB *cough*

If he really as no hope, I think he will leave her alone, and go solo. He might confront Minhyuk again, to know that he shouldn't hurt Yewon. Jonghoon will go as far as he can, but when he knows that he can't get what he wants, I think he will back out. Ultimately, he wants Yewon to be happy, in my personal opinion, but you don't have to consider it.

Guest xbeybidollx

divyanair

said: Okay, so I really have to write this. I have been watching R

The next would be the preview for the next episode. There can be two reasons (personal opinion again) which are:

A) he confessed - which is a common guess by everyone.

B)

Yewon thought he was acting and he got hurt - this show is just variety for the audience. People carve for dramas and love triangles. Yewon thought he is acting, considering this is a variety show rather than reality. We really don't know if this is scripted or not, and we can't find that out. How would you feel if your crush thinks you are acting when you are confessing? (been there, done that). It doesn't feel good. He got hurt, things got awkward. I know that he is real with his feelings. Idols don't just come and say they like someone, and I love him for his guts. He is at least having only one girl in his heart, and not wandering, unlike some people *cough* JB *cough*

If he really as no hope, I think he will leave her alone, and go solo. He might confront Minhyuk again, to know that he shouldn't hurt Yewon. Jonghoon will go as far as he can, but when he knows that he can't get what he wants, I think he will back out. Ultimately, he wants Yewon to be happy, in my personal opinion, but you don't have to consider it.

inxomnia said:
"LOL.. I felt so awkward watching that part, so it must've been awkward for them personally. Not the convo, but the going back from having your interests/overlapping interests revealed and talking as if there was no tension or awkwardness. Sadly, there was no in the bedroom ladies/men talk... even though you can tell the girls have gotten pretty close to each other."

Yea, everyone had different feelings it seems. Happy EY, hurt Gna, jolly Minhyuk (before JH scolded him), frustrated JH, etc.

Do you think all of them are close? I actually had an impression, especially this episode, that G.Na (and maybe the other 2 girls too) might not be that close to Jiwon. But I dunno for sure...

@coffeebeanie, thanks for the explanation ^^

So, this episode was interesting in a sense that now I see some of them in a different light.
- EY is great. The show is babo for not showing her more often. And, she comes across as the most light out of all girls. Too bad she didn't get her date with N, but she still has a chance, especially since Jiwon doesn't like N. Also, it would be fun to see her with Minhyuk. I think they would have had fun on their date.
- Kevin. Kevin is so mysterious... that we barely get to see him, hence nothing really to say. I hope his faith changes in next episodes, because otherwise he seems more like a filler on this show. Cruel but really that's how it is right now.
- G.na... is really honest and I like it. The casting is really not that great this season, because I'm sure there are tons of guys who would have courted her. Even younger ones would have approached her.
- Jonghoon... I dunno. The guy gave his all. Respect for that. But, I just don't think that Yewon is very into him. Better say she likes him (maybe) but she's more into Minhyuk. I'm just comparing her dates with Minhyuk where she was really open and outspoken and the scenes they showed in the last episode, she was really quite with JH.
- Yewon. I just noticed something about her this episode. This girl is really prideful and can hold a grudge. And yeah, still wondering who's the guy on the scooter.
- Minhyuk... YA! Can you stop being so confusing?! And stop contradicting yourself! At first he was sure who to choose, then he started doubting, afterwards he's saying that he feels the most comfortable with Yewon, then he says something else, then he says that he likes Yewon's personality in front of everybody... Oh my god. Just go and choose N next time.
- Jiwon. No offense. Nothing personal. I just don't like her.

*sigh* no one can beat Ji-hyunxHyungsik couple.

Guest xbeybidollx

inxomnia

said:

It's the I'm Sorry I Love You OST - Snowflower by Park Hyo Shin. 

Btw, I liked GNA's song I miss you already, really nice.. and the lyrics are quite sad too

Guest xbeybidollx

akikisetsu said: Now that I've seen it with subs, I feel as if I should just marathon it when it's done coz the waiting and the possibility of my final pairing not happening is right around the corner.  Everything's just so uncertain and unpredictable, and I'm not sure if my heart can take it. 
With the tension, the rumors swirling around of the final pairing, the merry-go-round of emotions, it feels as if they shot this for 4 months, instead of 4 days.

My mid-season opinion.....

Jiwon, Kevin, N and Eunyoung:  Though they prefer a specific person right now, but it looks like even a weak gust of wind can dislodge that person from them.  Especially Jiwon, though she always chooses Minhyuk now, but I think the dates are important to her, hence changes may happen.  I just hope that Kevin and N can step it up a bit, bring in the personality.  And Eunyoung, continue the cuteness.
G.Na  Though her pride was hurt (understandable!), I still see her as, not really being interested with the other guys, only Jong Hoon till the end.  Her reaction after the mid-selection was the most extreme amongst the girls....maybe because.....her feelings were deeper?
Minhyuk  I'll be honest, I wasn't fond of his wishy washy ways and then him denying it, kinda made me iffy about him.  Jiwon, Yewon, EunYoung and 2 of the guys (except N, bromance for the win!) were all in agreement that he was playing sweet music with the 2 girls.  I just felt like he knew that he was stringing along the girls, but didn't have the courage to own up to it when confronted.  It made him appear really young (maturity level) compared to the other guys.
Jong Hoon  I did like his interviews and his consideration for the girls feelings, it showed me how much he likes Yewon and his maturity.  But, it seems as if he's gonna have his heart broken.   If so, with that devotion, can he shift his interest to one of the other girls?  If he can, then I'll be disappointed in him.hehehe
Yewon, The lady in the middle.  I'm not sure what kind she prefers, the comfortable (Minhyuk) or the take-charge kind of guy(Jong Hoon), but I feel she's more into Minhyuk.   I think she was conscious of the attention and devotion that JongHoon's showering her, hence she's more aware of her actions and reactions.   I find it hard to read her, she maybe bubbly and talkative, but her emotions are kinda in-check.

------

Jong Hoon's ideal type?
C774D64DAE30CD5CC885D6C8_zps7db4ea60.jpgcr   http://cfile236.uf.daum.net/image/152996504FF3EDB735ED07

I was trying to hide the picture under spoiler, but I don't know how to do the spoiler thing, anyone knows?

Archived