[Variety] The Romantic (더 로맨틱)

Guest didilovebi

@mguemon I am guessing they have to pick someone as I actually think Seung Ah would have probably not have picked anyone. The only thing that has confused me is that it seems like JB will pick Seung Ah if he does I really do not know what to think, even on their last date he looked like he would rather be elsewhere this is one moment where I am hoping the previews are wrong.

Also I watched The Romantic Turkey was hoping to also watch the Croatia one but unfortunately cannot find any links, I really enjoyed it and have to say it was better than the idol one, not saying I havent enjoyed the Idol one considering how much I post here that is not the case lol but I did think it was better. The thing with Idols is that their image is important and they are always aware there are people/fans watching so they always hold back not to say the non idols dont hold back but there is less pressure on them and they can be more open with what they say and do.

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest temperateclimate

@ryeesa Can you access/watch videos on youku? I can give you the links for the complete episodes of The Romantic in Croatia and The Romantic in Turkey if you'd like. If you can read Chinese, that's even better since the videos are hard-subbed in traditional Chinese.

@ryessa where did you watch the Romantic Turkey? And was it in eng sub?? I am sure the Romantic was a lot better than the R&I that is why I hope that concept hasn't been scratched all together. Even though I know that those epi will most likely never be subbed.
As for JB I hope he didn't  choose Seung Ah but I guess he is still young and immature and probably thought picked her b/c he thought he would have been rejected by Jei. 
I don't know what is his end game at this point. LOL

Guest lentong

ryeesa said:Also I watched The Romantic Turkey was hoping to also watch the Croatia one but unfortunately cannot find any links, I really enjoyed it and have to say it was better than the idol one, not saying I havent enjoyed the Idol one considering how much I post here that is not the case lol but I did think it was better. The thing with Idols is that their image is important and they are always aware there are people/fans watching so they always hold back not to say the non idols dont hold back but there is less pressure on them and they can be more open with what they say and do.

Guest E4Chaewon

Ugh man i really hate JB now. I don't understand why he is taking it too serious since its scripted everyone should just have fun and enjoy the date.....But Seriously i feel so bad for Seung ah...I wish she were paired up with different person from the very first episode.

@temperatecli.. Yes I can watch vidoes on youku, thank you so much would really appreciate it.

@mguemon on the first page I think someone provided a link (dailymotion) unfortunately no subs. I agree with you I hope they havent got rid of it, I think they should do a back and forth  with the shows, this season was idols the next one should be non idols and so on.

What I dont like about JB possibly choosing Seung Ah is the fact it is not even because he wants to, I think he knows that Jea will pick Mir if it came down to just them two.

@lentong similar to me lol I didnt understand anything you do miss important dialogue but you can get a gist of what is happening. The popular girl was Jennifer. I really liked Kim Tae Hee. It does seem like there is always a popular girl that every guy likes also there is always another girl that after getting to know her they start falling for her and unfortunately there is always the girls that the guys dont pay attention to.
I dont know if any of them started dating but checking out some recap sites it seems like the ones that were in Turkey are all still good friends.

Guest lentong

ryeesa said:@lentong similar to me lol I didnt understand anything you do miss important dialogue but you can get a gist of what is happening. The popular girl was Jennifer. Lol it does seem like there is always a popular girl that every guy likes also there is always another girl that after getting to know her they start falling for her. I really liked Kim Tae Hee.
I dont know if any of them started dating but checking out some recap sites it seems like the ones that were in Turkey are all still good friends.

lentong said: OMG, yes its Jennifer she the one who speak English, which one is her (Kim Tae Hee) seriously i dont know their name, the older one? or the bubble short hair? i love the guys in thats show seam so emotional,, one guys cry right? and one guys seam out of place the on who look like 2pm wooyoung.. he really creak me up even thou i cant understand a thing would be great if someone sub it :( and i love the scenery in turkey *never knew that country is so beautiful

ps : may i knew where do you check the recap sites?? thanks

Just watched ep7 and these are random thought: (highlight because spoilers?)
- it seemed like Mir walked by Jei?? If he's doing so because of SeungAh, then i will forever love him. I love him with Jei and I think they like each other, but if he's choosing SeungAh, I think he's doing that out of consideration (probably) because he knows the whole JB/SeungAh situation. - I think when it comes to SeungAh, if she had to choose the guy who was best for her and treated her well, JB is obviously eliminated, leaving only Mir really. I think she appreciated Mir in retrospect. - Ugh JB. I just...can't even bother. - I'm so torn about the ending now. On one end, I want Jei and Mir because they're cute but I want SeungAh and Mir because I want her to be happy too. SIGH.

Guest lentong

@ryeesa the one i ship with Jennifer was the guy with the red sweater, kim tea hee choose him right?but, he reject her :(

really love this season2. ahhh,,, tbh, i hate that the other girl seam to be lost in the show.. cuz all they guys just eying Jennifer

they become my fev paring..

and thanks alot for the link,, im reading all of it now.. :)

@lentong she did his name is Jae Ho, I actually wanted her to be with Jun Sung. I did feel bad for Jae Ho since the beginning he only liked Jennifer but unfortunately she didnt like him like that.

I agree I think that is what is also happening this season and I am guessing also happened in Croatia there is always one girl that all the guys like, of course I understand that everyone has a type but I feel like other girls are overlooked and are not given a chance.

Guest temperateclimate

@ryeesa I've messaged you the links. Enjoy and remember to discuss when you're done watching! Have fun watching the Miss Popular of the Croatia trip who's a Sandara Park look-a-like (she's much more adorable than Jennifer, the Miss Popular of the Turkey trip), the female version of Jae Ho who also happens to be a Lee Min Jing look-a-like (she only has eyes for one guy throughout the trip), a slightly catty/spoiled princess Kim Tae Hee look-a-like,  a certain dreamy doctor with twinkling eyes, a hunky guy from the Navy Special Forces and many others. (The comparisons to celebrities are the way they're described in the Korean news articles and not my personal opinions.)

Kim Tae Hee is my absolute favorite! I love how she's intelligent, mature, and sophisticated but also easygoing and fun-loving at the same time. She's got a lovely smile as well. Jennifer ... is just not my type of girl.  I get that she's really friendly and outgoing but she's too bubbly and hyper for my tastes. It's obvious that she liked Jun Ho way more than he liked her. I think it was curiosity more than attraction for him since he wanted to have a date with her from the beginning. As for Jun Ho and Tae Hee ... well ... he pretty much dug his own grave when he friend-zoned her so confidently after their first meeting. That sure came back to haunt him!

Back to The Romantic & Idol. Episode 7 - I couldn't stop laughing at Mir's penchant for giving the people around him agricultural product nicknames. After granting Hye Jeong the moniker of Plum, this time he states that Jei noona is the highest quality wild ginseng. LOL!!! The girlfriends he had in the past were just regular ginseng but Jei noona is the best type of ginseng. She is a VERY SPECIAL PERSON! The filming staff members were LOLing at this point as well.

@temperateclimate Thank you so much.

@mguemon and @lentong have you guys been sent the link yet? If not @temperateclimate I will send them the links I hope that is ok, once again thank you so much.

This show lol I finished watching all the episodes, its interesting to see quite a few similar things happen in all the seasons. I agree about Jun Ho I think he was too quick to friendzone Kim Tae Hee, I think he realized his mistake, it was quite obvious that he wasnt that into Jennifer. I remember the balloon date and his attention was mainly on Kim Tae Hee and Jun Sung.

In Craotia I really liked Lee Yoo Rim (miss popular) She really was sweet and fun and I can see why she got on with everyone. I did feel bad for the other girls as it is like they are immediately friendzoned while most of the guys persue one girl.
I think Il Young (mr popular) liked her but at first he wanted to keep his options open I dont blame him as this is a dating show but he was being indecisive for so long that the other guys started going after LRY. I do think that he liked Min Sul (the one he picked) as it was always between the two girls since the start and he kept saying that she was his style but near the end I do think he did come to realize that he really liked LYR.

Also I really liked LYR decision in the end, three guys picked her but she didnt choose any of them, it was always clear that she liked II Young and she always has been upfront about that since the beginning.
Now that I know that is an option I cant help wondering if Seung Ah will reject JB if he does choose her?

Guest little girl1430292144

I hope HyeJeong&Jun. K , Jei&Mir , JiHyun&HyungSik , SeungAh&JB still friends now  :) . esp HyeJeong&Jun. K.Not just as a friend,but,I want they become a close friend now.  ;))

@ryessa I tried to watch the dailymotion link on the first page but it seems out of order and I didn't know how to watch it. I will wait for the link from anyone LOLI haven't been sent the link yet.

Can't wait to watch so we can all dissect what was happening. 
I hope this thread will still be going even when the R&I season 1 will be over. I wonder if they will automatically go with the new season or  take an hiatus before coming back with the new season.
@littlegirl I am sure they at least are all friends right now even JB & Seung Ah that is b/c this show I am sure increased the popularity of all them together and also most of the time the bonds between the participants of the 1st season or popular season of any show gets stronger and deepens. Either way that is my hopeAs for Jun.K and Hyejeong, I hope they are still in contact LOL. I think Jun.K at this point in JYPE is allowed to date as long as it is well hidden and as for AOA, FNC doesn't seem to have a strong ban on dating too but then this is their first girl group and the more idol like so it might be different.

Archived