Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

oh this thread is busy again ^^

hi hyehyukyobin, maybe I'm too biased but honestly I don't like the skinny, rich and arrogant man so it didn't impress me heeeee. Maybe he played so well that I don't like that character at all LOL. 

Well I think it's good when we have something to believe, to hope and that makes our lives more colorful. We love someone and we want them to be happy, it's a good intention but we just don't know what we want is really what they want. (Maybe their lives is more fantasy than what we know hehe). :). Just keep it in a short imagination and cheerrrr. They are happy with their own choices, especially Mr.King, right? ^^
Thanks for the reminding naruto00, your source of information is always exclusive....hopefully you can join discussions more    :)

Welcome to join this thread MayaE, hope to see you more ^^

And thanks for the interesting capture of HJW interview grimselpass, look she's shy when saying it...very cute :D
---I don't understand Koreans so I don't know what they wrote hehe...but look at the happy faces I think it's a congratulation note for the movie ^^
10291054_441157789352844_872028960652146

CR: Lotte Entertainment

@mexteur have you seen his movie "I am Happy" the movie itself is too boring but I enjoy watching King HB he is really a good actor. Tha't why I'm so eager to watch "The Fatal Encounter",so excited what he has to offer to us fans on that film, by watching the trailer I know he did his best to make his fans happy in his return on the big screen.

hyehyukyobin, oh I haven't watched "I am happy"....maybe I will try sometimes...:D...To tell the truth, I haven't watched most of his movies and dramas, I know some but selectively watching some, eg "Come rain come shine" is I think more catchy than "Late Autumn"...and yay I'm excitedly looking forward to watch "The Fatal Encounter" because of HB's return....is it showed in theater in your place or you're waiting for the DVD copy? 

@mexteur I recommend you to watch Millionaire's First Love first,it's a good movie.

With regards to his new movie,no news yet if it will be shown in theaters here, anyhow I will just wait for the DVD.

I'll update you here once I have it. It would be fun to discuss the movie here.

PARK SUNGWOONG PICKS WHICH ACTOR HE WOULD INTRODUCE TO HIS YOUNGER SISTER IF HE HAD ONE

tumblr_inline_n60mfhU3CO1sx3695.jpg

Actor Park Sungwoong has recently acted with many A-list actors and he revealed who he would introduce to his younger sister if he had one during his recent radio appearance.

Park Sungwoong has acted with Lee Minki, Hyunbin, Lee Jungjae, and Hwang Jungmin, to name a few, and his choice was Hyunbin.

Park Sungwoong stated that the reason was because Hyunbin was very warm and caring. He shared that if there was a need to share food, Hyunbin would turn over his chopsticks to the un-used side and would pass the food out.

Park Sungwoong guested on “Park Kyunglim’s 2 O’clock Date” on May 23rd.

Source: Newsen | Koreanboo.com | May 24 2014

photo438334.jpg

"The Fatal Encounter" tells the story of 18th century Joseon and the assassination attempt on King Jeongjo.

Released on April 30 was a movie that pivots around the life of King Jeongjo (r. 1776-1800), the 22nd ruler of the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910). It's English title is "The Fatal Encounter", or "Yeokrin" in Korean, meaning, "the king's wrath". The title comes from a legend that says that a dragon gets angry when the scales under its chin are scratched or touched by anyone or anything.

According to official estimates from the Korean Film Council on May 19, 3,648,367 domestic tickets to "The Fatal Encounter" were sold between April 30 and May 18, making it the best-selling movie so far this year.

Ahead of the public release, the film was previewed for the press and film experts. Their responses and comments were quite negative. One reviewer said, "The director appears to be accustomed to producing TV shows, but not film". Another said, "The production seems to have received plastic surgery. Every individual element is shaped perfectly, but when gathered all together, it's uninteresting and distasteful". Another described the movie as, "a work that tried to picture too many things at once, and ended up picturing nothing properly".

However, the public's response to the movie has defied the critics. Viewers are gushing with praise and the movie has received many positive responses from movie-going fans. Many online comments say that, "The outstanding acting ability of the cast brought endless surprises", "I was really moved by the way in which it reminded me of verse 23 from 'The Doctrine of the Mean', by Confucius' grandson", "I enjoyed the constructive storyline combined with stunning visuals throughout the movie", "Everything was just perfect, from the cast and intriguing plots to the beautiful cinematography", "The story was very touching. I couldn't help myself from crying", and, finally, that, "The film opened my eyes to another attractive aspect of King Jeongjo".

Many commentators found praiseworthy the comparison to the famous Confucian text. A translation of verse 23 from "The Doctrine of the Mean" is below.

Next to the above is he who cultivates to the utmost the shoots of goodness in him. From those he can attain to the possession of sincerity. This sincerity becomes apparent. From being apparent, it becomes manifest. From being manifest, it becomes brilliant. Brilliant, it affects others. Affecting others, they are changed by it. Changed by it, they are transformed. It is only he who is possessed of the most complete sincerity that can exist under heaven, who can transform. (其次致曲 曲能有誠 誠則形 形則著 著則明 明則動 動則變 變則化 唯天下至誠 爲能化)
Doctrine of the Mean, verse 23

King Jeongjo has been brought to life on TV and movie screens many times. The way in which he ascended to the throne is itself is quite dramatic. Jeongjo had to witness his father, Crown Prince Sado (1735-1762), being executed by royal decree after frequent conflicts between palace bureaucrats. In fact, it was Jeongjo's grandfather, King Yeongjo (r. 1724-1776), the 21st Joseon monarch, who had to issue the decree to execute his own son, Jeongjo's father. This resulted in Jeonjo always behaving self-consciously and carefully in every aspect of his life. Surviving these difficulties, he eventually came to the throne himself in 1776 at the age of 24, and ruled for 24 years until 1800, when he died at the age of 48.

King Jeongjo strived to eradicate the widespread corruption and the fierce party strife that existed in the palace, and tried to communicate with as many people as possible, some say laying the groundwork for Korea's future democracy. King Jeongjo has been publicly evaluated as having been a ruler who led a Renaissance in the dynasty. Abundant historical monuments and records were produced under his reign, including the construction of the Hwaseong Fortress in Suwon, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage item, as well as countless amounts of literature and other artistic works. Nowadays, in the late 20th and early 21st century, people are aware of the need for reform across broad segments of society. This atmosphere has brought Jeongjo under a new spotlight.

"The Fatal Encounter" revolves around a real-life assassination attempt on July 28, 1777, a year after Jeongjo's accession to the throne. On that day, he was reading, as usual, in the Jonhyeongak, a section of the Gyeonghuigung Palace used as a library and bedroom. He suddenly heard some sounds on the roof. Being suspicious, the king ordered his servants to look into what was going on. It turned out that an assassin had snuck into the king's bedroom. Anybody who was possibly related to the plot was punished.

The incident has been remembered in Korean history as one of the most fatal and shocking assassination plots, as the assassin was able to enter the king's bedroom at the heart of the palace.

Scriptwriter Choi Seong-hyeon was strongly attracted to the political background surrounding King Jeongjo and the fact that he was the son of Crown Prince Sado. Before his execution, Sado was branded as a rebel and was locked in a small wooden rice chest, left there to perish and to die after eight days. In a similar vein, this assassination plot had now placed the king in danger. With this in mind -- the destiny of each person related to the plot -- the scriptwriter created the storyline for "The Fatal Encounter", tracing the 24 hours before the assassination, weaving a plot of tension and intrigue for each of the characters involved.

King Jeongjo -- young, strong and dignified, even under the threat of assassination -- is played by Hyeon Bin, who takes a role in a historical drama for the first time. Despite it being his first time in hanbok and beard, Hyun is perfectly cast, immersing himself in the role about which he read a lot. He even learned swordsmanship, archery and horse-riding for the role. Director Lee Jae-gyoo and staff praised him for his efforts and excellent performance. "He has a perfect resemblance to King Jeongjo", exclaimed a staff member.

The role of court eunuch, responsible for assisting the king and managing his library, is played by Jeong Jae-yeong. Jung's acting ability and his ability to immerse himself in a new character are always praised by an impressed audience.

The role of the most famous assassin of the Joseon Dynasty, destined to make an attempt on the king's life, is played by Jo Jeong-seok. Lately, Jo has been enjoying his popularity with recent hits including "Architecture 101" (2012) and "The Face Reader" (2013).

The role of Gwangbaek, the head of the assassins, is played by Jo Jae-hyeon. Queen Jeongsun, who has great ambition, is played by Han Ji-min. Crown Princess Hong, struggling to protect her son, King Jeongjo, is portrayed by Kim Seong-ryeong, a regular face on both the small and silver screen. A politician who supports and protects the new king is played by Park Seong-woong, and a female court servant in charge of the king's clothing is portrayed by Jung Eun-chae. The great cast of "The Fatal Encounter" itself has already raised expectations and improved ticket sales among movie fans.

The film is director Lee Jae-gyoo's first full-length picture, though he has had a number of successful TV shows, such as "Beethoven Virus" and "The King 2 Hearts". During production, Lee checked and verified every single detail, from the shoot location to the costumes. Nothing was done without his hands touching it. Lee devoted all his heart and soul to the production of every single scene, allowing audiences to feel the tension of the film's overall silent atmosphere. The movie is also now getting good reviews because of the balance shown between breathtaking action sequences and scenes that focus on sensitive and delicate emotions.

By Wi Tack-whan, Lee Seung-ah
Korea.net Staff Writers
whan23@korea.kr

credit  :  http://www.hancinema.net/korean-cinema-the-fatal-encounter-69420.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Guest geilbladder

Hi guys! Binnie oppa texted me just now to start joining this thread. So starting today i will be with you. Please take care of me! *bows* :P

Anyway, inspite of those drooly muscles, i want binnie oppa to gain more weight. He looks cuter with chubbier face. :x

hi illigsa, as I knew the movie The Fatal Encounter came to America in 23 May :D
class="headline" style="margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 32px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); line-height: 36px; font-family: 'Open Sans Condensed', sans-serif; width: 620px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"“The Fatal Encounter” coming to 20 North American theaters May 23
fatal.jpg

Twenty North American cities will soon see Hyun-bin in local theaters starting May 23.

“The Fatal Encounter,” starring the actor and released in Korea on April 30, recorded the biggest opening for a Korean film this year and has so far attracted almost 4 million in audiences.

Cities showing the movie include L.A., San Francisco, Fullerton, Irvine, Las Vegas, Honolulu, New York, Fairfax, Atlanta, Chicago, Seattle, Dallas, Houston, Vancouver, Toronto, Philadelphia, Baltimore and New Jersey.

CGV in Los Angeles has been showing a special week-long screening of the movie one week before release. In pre-screenings in Chicago and Toronto last Thursday, about half the crowd consisted of Chinese media and non-Korean moviegoers.

According to CJ Entertainment America, viewing events targeted toward non-Korean audiences will be opened in L.A. and New York, with signed posters and other promotional items being given away on its Asian Movies N More Facebook page.

For Hyun-bin, who most recently gained international attention for his turn on the popular drama “Secret Garden,” the film is his first project after completing his mandatory military service in 2013.

“The Fatal Encounter” is a period piece that depicts 24 hours of a king threatened by an assassination attempt.

Cr: http://www.koreatimesus.com/?p=12445&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=the-fatal-encounter-coming-to-20-north-american-theaters-may-23

Hi geilbladder, welcome to the thread, (did he really text you???? hehe I'm joking :D). I want he gets a little weight but I think he's good shape at his age ^^...and don't worry, have fun here ^^   >:D<

“The Fatal Encounter:” Historical Drama And The Return Of Hyun Bin

WRITTEN BY LINDSAY ON MAY 24, 2014

20140523_seoulbeats_fatal4Note: this writer has endeavored to exclude story spoilers, so feel free to read it before watching the film.

On July 28th, 1777, King Jeong-jo, by happy accident, narrowly avoid an assassination attempt involving a killer hidden in his bedroom’s ceiling. Although this came to be one of the most famous attempts at his life, it certainly wasn’t the first one. In fact, Jeong-jo was nicknamed the “King of Misfortune” due to the frequency of the death threats. He ruled during a time of unrest between the political factions, and this led to great strife during his rule.

The film The Fatal Encounter is an interpretation of the king’s unfortunate history, and it looks specifically at that almost-fateful night in July. Although the situation has been dramatized by the film’s writers, the whole production has a thread of history running through it, making it real as well as engaging. Also accurate to history is the film’s portrayal of King Jeong-jo as a learned, diplomatic, moral man. Despite all of the trials he faced, he still managed to make significant reforms to aid his people.

Besides being a quality historical fiction film, The Fatal Encounter also marks the return ofbeloved actor Hyun Bin. After his renowned role in The Secret Garden, he enlisted in the army — in the time that he has been away, he has completed his mandatory duties with the Marine Corps. This movie marks his return to the scene, and it is one heck of a comeback! Hyun Bin makes a refined, respectable, and handsome king, to say the least.

20140523_seoulbeats_fatal2Other major characters include the king’s faithful steward Sang-chaek, played by Jung Jae-young, deadly assassin Sal-soo, played by Cho Jung-seok, the Dowager Queen Jeongsun, played Han Ji-min, and the king’s mother Lady Hyegyeong, played by Kim Seong-ryeong.

As a casual consumer, I would recommend this film to people who enjoy mainstream, Korean historical movies and dramas. If you’re looking for something more inspirational, more historically accurate, or more progressive, you may be disappointed with The Fatal Encounter. It has all the essential elements of court intrigue, conniving mothers, forbidden love, and epic sword fighting, but it doesn’t take the historical drama genre anywhere new. Thankfully, the director didn’t go in the soap-opera direction with the film. I’m fine with a little bit of extra dramatization, but if this story had been done any less sincerely it would’ve lost some of its poignancy.

20140523_seoulbeats_fatal5The structure of The Fatal Encounter is a nice change from the usual linear progression of events. The main plot of the movie happens within a single day and the scenes are organized by time — be it hours of the day or years that have passed. By using time as a reference point, the movie is able to jump around within the narrative without confusing the viewer. It also adds a sense of suspense because the impending night is being counted down and the viewer is made aware from the beginning of the film that an epic battle is going to occur. The sequencing of the scenes makes the movie less bland to watch, but to seasoned watchers of historical shows, the importance of this technique (to the story) may be arguable. Consumers who are in it for straight retellings of history, may find these time-jumps a hindrance.

Another element of the film that’s thoroughly enjoyable is the obvious efforts given to character development. Each character displays its own dynamism, and no one is one-dimensional. This is especially important in a historical film because it gives life to the past. Often, textbook historical figures come off as clinical and boring, but an important fact to note is that they were humans living in a different time. They possessed similar instincts and emotions, and they would’ve faced similar trials of love and friendship. A king is not an unfeeling figurehead, but a real person who may be keeping his true feelings at bay.

20140523_seoulbeats_fatal3Finally, I also appreciate the cohesion of The Fatal Encounter. Even though the twists and turns keep you guessing, the plots are wrapped up neatly and satisfyingly at the end. There’s nothing worse than a good story that’s ruined by a lackluster ending – ahem, K-drama – so seeing a film in which closure is given, is quite refreshing. You can watch it knowing that no character has been left out of the conclusion, and no situations have gone unexplained.

The Fatal Encounter is a film that I expect to see a second time. The movie is rich with detail and I’m sure another sitting would help me — and the viewers — enjoy it better. The film has moments in which people appear to be like passing ships in the night; I can’t help but think of the subtleties that could’ve flown past me. The Fatal Encounter is visually gorgeous and I would jump at the opportunity to enjoy its aesthetics for another two hours. If you’re in a city that has showings of the film — and if you’re keen to see Hyun Bin in his comeback role — I encourage you to check it out.

credit :  seoulbeats.com

@iligsa: ya I'm looking for his coming to US but no information...maybe he will come at the middle of the movie week, we don't know heee
And thanks Lyrayoo for reminding us about HB's first page, I think it needs reconstruction too.  :-bd

--
tumblr_n0rdmfaFnR1s5lzhjo1_250.gif tumblr_n0rdmfaFnR1s5lzhjo2_250.gif
tumblr_n0rdmfaFnR1s5lzhjo3_250.gif tumblr_n0rdmfaFnR1s5lzhjo4_250.gif
tumblr_n0rdmfaFnR1s5lzhjo6_250.gif tumblr_n0rdmfaFnR1s5lzhjo5_250.gif

Have a nice day dear gurls!
Cr: http://hyunsuks.tumblr.com/

http://www.sportsseoul.com/?c=v&m=n&i=73758

백지영___재킷이미지

Baek ji young "Ties with Hyun Bin for the second time, the start is with Ha Ji Won"

Baek ji young is happy because her 2 songs ost for Hyun bin is success.she feel grateful but she more feel grateful toward Ha ji won.
Actually That Woman (ost secret garden) is for her album tittle song but when won tae yeon asked this song as secret garden ost,baek ji young gave it because of Ha ji won.

Before secret garden,Baek ji young also ever sang a song ost of Hwang jin yi (Bad person/napeun saram).
Baek ji young said when Ha ji won acted as Hwang jin yi,she saw Ha ji won's sincere/pure eyes thats why she want to sing a song for Secret Garden because Ha ji won was there.
Baek ji young ever meet Ha ji won,she said Ha ji won is nice and very cheerful.

Baek ji young sing ost King's Wrath the reason is because this is Hyun bin's first project after discharged and this is also big project.
As a fans,she's happy because Hyun bin has new project.
She's also in ready to make a comeback,so its okay to sing for a movie ost,rather than drama ost.
Baek ji young Spark ost King's Wrath.

still_02
Trans by Saya Dew

HYUN Bin of THE FATAL ENCOUNTERby KIM Su-yeon /  May 30, 2014A Smart Actor Whose Name Has Proven Trustworthy ClUOlDgqdJFBEAjGkWeO.jpg
Director KIM Tae-yong, who worked with HYUN Bin on Late Autumn (2010), believes that the actor has the kind of powerful charm that you would only expect to find in actors from earlier times. "In Late Autumn, HYUN was powerful and attractive. I saw sheer strength in him. He has the kind of presence that you would find in actors like SHIN Seong-il or James Dean.” Indeed, this is true. At thirty-two years of age, HYUN has the kind of charm that is enough to make him the icon of his generation. That’s because HYUN has the kind of classic charm that his peers do not possess. One of the reasons why HYUN have been able to build such classic charm is that he has been very smart and strategic in choosing his films and characters. He has certainly played typical Prince Charming characters, which earned him the enormous popularity among women that we see today, but he has also been smart enough to keep proving his acting ability to define himself more as an actor than simply a star.
For HYUN Bin, obscurity didn’t last long, and he soon became a star; not just a star but a Hallyu star. His TV show debut was in 2004 in Nonstop Season 4, which was a very popular Korean TV series at the time, and his film debut was in Spin Kick (2004). Back then, he was not very different from other rookie actors, just another good-looking face. He soon earned a following after appearing in a TV show called Island, written by IN Jeong-ok, a script writer with a lot of devoted fans. The character HYUN played was Kang-kuk, a reserved man who only speaks the truth for the girl he loves. This is when he learned for the first time how to deliver a voice full of expressions and emotions. The TV show that put him on the very top of the Hallyu stars was My Name is KIM Sam-soon, where he played HYUN Jin-heon, a picky restaurant manager. This show was a mega hit with more than a 50% of audience rating, sweeping the nation with the KIM Sam-soon craze. Thanks to this show, HYUN did not only become a top star in Korea but in the international milieu as well, cresting with the Hallyu craze. gHZrYnHmQeMugxbTdSUT.jpg
 As a top star, the film and TV projects he first chose were A Millionaire’s First Love (2006) and Queen of Snow. Neither were big hits in Korea but they both did well in the international marketplace, especially in Asian markets, thanks to his well-established popularity. It was a strange situation where his domestic performance was on the wane but his international popularity was still increasing, and he found it hard to keep up with his identity as an actor. “I guess it was when I finished Queen of Snow. Things were so hard, and I seriously thought of quitting my acting career. At first when I started acting, it was something I really liked and wanted to do, but by then, I felt so empty and hollow. I even felt that acting was kind of undermining my life."
He finally got out of this slump when he overcame his obsession for popularity and being self-conscious of his stardom. He let go of his appealing Prince Charming personas that fulfilled women’s fantasies, and instead, he went for new characters that he never tried before. Although audience ratings were very poor, Kill The Love, where he played a passionate and tender-hearted TV producer, brought him many devoted fans. He played a disillusioned character deeply caught in a past trauma who finally exploded out of despair in I Am Happy (2008) by YOON Jong-chan who formerly received critics’ support with Sorum (2001). In LEE Yoon-ki’s Come Rain, Come Shine (2011), which was invited to the competition section in the 61st Berlin International Film Festival, HYUN played Ji-seok who quietly forgives his wife who cheated on him for five years. He also played in KIM Tae-yong’s Late Autumn which was invited to the Forum Section of the same festival, which made him enjoy the rare opportunity to hit the red carpet with two films. Hoon, the character that he played in Late Autumn, is known to be a very attractive character whose boundary between good and evil is quite blurry. MMQXnjdphnvMIlOatlGN.jpg

What is especially interesting about HYUN is his ability to go back and forth between the kind of works that focus on his star quality and the kind of works where his ambition as an actor can bloom, in a manner somewhat like Brad Pitt who freely goes back and forth between commercial movies from major studios and independent films. For example, between Late Autumn and Come Rain, Come Shine, he picked Secret Garden (a TV show) where he played the arrogant and picky department store CEO KIM Ju-won, whose body transformed into the opposite sex after taking a mysterious medicine. This character was not very different from those that made him a star, but it was an absolutely necessary step to balance between his being a star and an actor. Thanks to the top audience rating of this show, he produced new vocabularies like “aching for Juwon” and this show also was exported to many foreign countries, becoming another Hallyu hit show following My Name is KIM Sam-soon.  What is even more impressive about this very smart actor is that he let go of everything at the very top of his popularity, and joined the army right after attending the Berlin International Film Festival. He even joined the navy, which a lot of people try to avoid going to, and became a major newsmaker right from the first day through to the last. The first film that he chose after dismissal from the army was The Fatal Encounter, a film depicting 24 hours of a day in the first year of King Jeong-jo’s reign, when an attempt to assassin the king took place in Jon-hyun-gak. In this film, HYUN plays King Jeong-jo in his young days, beset by conspiracy and assassin attempts, and training himself all the while, keeping a low profile. The Fatal Encounter received harsh reviews from critics, but the audience still passionately welcomed HYUN, and the press also granted him a favorable perspective. That’s because he has been establishing a very credible filmography as an actor, rather than as a star. The audience may keep on trusting this actor because he possesses the skills to cleverly adjust his ambition and his hardworking nature as an actor. vGkrhYLprbYAxxBEcOlh.jpg
 By KIM Su-yeon(Contributing Editor) | KoFic

I know he is busy promoting his movie , but I am waiting him patiently to have a drama comeback ,, it has been really looooooooooooooooong time for me and I am wishing , I could see him in the small screen again  TT and better to be more than 50 episodes  :x