Choi Ji Woo 최지우

Guest Azura

Guest jodi_ashrik

Popularity Ranking (Hallyu stars who are most popular)

Top 30 Female / Male

01. Choi Ji Woo / Jang Geun Suk

02. Yoon Son Ah / Lee Byung Hun

03. Kim Tae Hee / Won Bin

04. Lee Yong Ae / Kwon Sang Woo 

05. Yoon Eun Hye / Bae Yong Joon

06. Song Hye Kyo / Jang Dong Gun

07. Moon Geun Young / Lee Hong Gi (FT Island)

08. Lee Young Ah / Ryu Si Won

09. Ha Ji Won / Hyun Bin

10. Chae Rim / Song Seung Hun

11. Lee Ji A / Max Changmin (TVXQ/DBSK)

12. Shin Min Ah / Kim Hyun Joong

13. Park Shin Hye / Gong Yoo

14. Koo Hye Sun / Kang Dong Won

15. Son Ye Jin / Ji Sung

16. Han Hyo Joo / Park Si Hoo

17. Bae Doo Na / U-Know Younho (TVXQ/DBSK)

18. Kim Jung Eun / Jung Yong Ha(CNBLUE)

19. Gong Hyo Jin / So Ji Sub

20. Yoona (SNSD) / Ji Jin Hee

21. Lee Da Hye / Jung Ji Hoon (Rain)

22. Eugene / Lee Seo Jin

23. Lee So Yeon / Kim Bum

24. Kim So Hyun / Lee Joon Ki

25. Soo Ae / Joo Ji Hoon

26. Han Ji Hye / Jung Woo Sung

27. Park Min Young / Jung Joon Ho

28. Kim Nam Joo / Oh Ji Ho

29. Jun Ji Hyun / Lee Seung Gi

30. Jang Na Ra / Kim Jae Joong(JYJ)

30. Park Soo Jin / Choi Seung Hyun(Big Bang)

[source: Nikkei.com, CDBLOOM @YEH.NET, DC MBC Drama Gallery, & DCUNE]

• Choi Ji Woo says, “Sweatpants and a box t-shirt are enough for the scenes in the house!”

September 11, 2011 10:00 pm hannacha

20110911_1315719420_48845500_1.jpg

In MBC’s drama series Can’t Live With Losing, actress Choi Ji Woo usually wears sweatpants with a box t-shirt during the scenes that are taken in the house.

She has been keeping this style for six episodes in a row.

Choi plays the character Lee Eun Jae, who is a smart, strict lawyer at office, but never cleans or minds to do any house chores at home. Her different personalities at home and office are adding more fun to the series.

Viewers comment: “I’m actually glad to see her not pretending to be all that in fancy dresses.” “Her great body figure stands out even in a tracksuit.

Source: 

TV Report

Jiwoo is still the prettiest ... experience as a versatile actress shows in her face, not her age. :wub:

super agree! still the prettiest and best actress :) jiwoo fighting!:)

Guest jodi_ashrik

Choi Ji Woo, Bae Yong Joon holds onto ‘Hallyu royalty’ status in Japan

20111005_wintersonata1.jpg

Although there have been a flood of new Hallyu talent, actors Bae Yong Joon and Choi Ji Woo still reigned supreme as Japan’s ‘Hallyu King and Queen’.

A Japanese magazine recently conducted a survey called ‘Hallyu ranking star‘, where Choi Ji Woo ranked #1 in the ‘Most Popular’ and ‘Most Known Name’ surveys.

In the ‘Most Known Name’ section, Choi Ji Woo was followed by actresses Yoon Son Ha (2nd), Kim Tae Hee (3rd), Lee Young Ae (4th), and finally, Yoon Eun Hye (5th).

As for the male celebrities in the ‘Most Known Name’ survey, Bae Yong Joon (or ‘Yon-sama’) held onto his crown. New blood Jang Geun Suk came in 3rd, but he shone as #1 in the ‘Most Popular’ survey.

The survey was conducted with 300 women between the ages of 15-59 from August to September.

Source + Image: Today Korea

Choi Ji-woo beats Kim Tae-hee and Lee Young-ae in Hallyu star ranking!Hallyu star Choi Ji-woo is still very popular in Japan.

She took first place in the "Hallyu Star Ranking" popularity and nomination categories in a recent special report of Nikkei Entertainment magazine which is published by Nikkei BP, a subsidiary company of one of Japans economic newspapers.

According to Nikkei Entertainment, as a result of a survey of 300 women from 15 to 59 years of age, in August and September, Choi Ji-woo rose as the top Hallyu star in both categories, beating Lee Young-ae and Kim Tae-hee.

In the male section, Bae Yong-joonLee Byeong-Heon and Jang Geun-seok ranked 1,2,3 in the nomination section and Jang Geun-seokLee Byeong-Heon and Won Bin in the popularity section.

Meanwhile, Choi Ji-woo is currently playing the role of lawyer Lee Eun-jae in the MBC drama "Can't Lose" who always fights with her husband Yoon Sang-hyeon.

Choi Ji-woo's management officials say, "Her fans in Korea, as well as Japan, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Malaysia, America, Hawaii, Canada and more are sending her letters and presents".

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

----

Choi Ji Woo still rules in Japan among female Korean entertainers

Actress Choi Ji Woo hasn’t lost a beat in Japan.

According to Choi Ji Woo’s Japanese management company, a well respected financial magazine inJapan ‘Nikkei BP’ has reported that Choi Ji Woo came in No.1 in public awareness and in popularity among Korean entertainers in the survey they had performed for their ‘Nikkei Entertainment’ section.

‘Nikkei Entertainment’ has reported that it had done a survey of 300 men and women in the age ranging from 15 to 59 years old, from August thru September. Choi Ji Woo has beat out other A-list actresses includingKim Tae Hee, Lee Young Ae, and Yoon Son Ha.

For the male entertainers in the public awareness voting Bae Yong Joon came in No.1, Lee Byung Hun2nd, and Jang Geun Suk came in at 3rd. However in the popularity voting, Jang Geun Suk came in 1st, 2nd was Lee Byung Hun, and Won Bin came in at 3rd. The only star to place 1st both on the public awareness voting and in the popularity voting was Choi Ji Woo.

Choi Ji Woo is currently starring in the MBC drama ‘Can’t Live With Losing’ and even though the ratings have been somewhat disappointing, her fans are still behind her 100%.

Choi Ji Woo’s management company’s rep stated, “Choi Ji Woo has been receiving gifts and message books from her fans in Japan, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Philippines, Malaysia, Hawaii, andCanada.”

Source: TV Report via Nate

congrats jiwoo :)

Guest cherry_lou

Jiwoo is still the prettiest ... experience as a versatile actress shows in her face, not her age. :wub:

I agree with you shes pretty but she's more beautiful when shell add more body weight.

This is the hardest and saddest post I’ve ever made in this forum – despite not wishing to release this message, I know it's time to let it out :-

Our dearest friend, Ching aka hyc-ching has passed away yesterday night after a long battle with cancer. I was shocked by the news and not wanting to believe it at first, I asked her mother again what she meant by “she left us …”, I was speechless for a while as I cannot accept the fact that Ching has left us. I cannot think of any better words to say to her...weeping silently, I told her how sorry I am ...again and again....it really broke my heart to hear it from a bereaved mother that her beloved daughter is gone forever. Aunty was so calm when she spoke again and all I have to say is still…sorry….but she touched me so much when she asked me not to feel bad and sorry. At last, I've to come to terms that Ching is really gone and I ended up conveying the saddest condolences to her.

For those who are not familiar with Ching, Ching is someone who professes an undying support for CJW with LBH – a fan who loved Beautiful Days - she can fill me up with all those little details about this couple from day to night. She has shared many of her contributions (comment and translation) in this thread especially the previous thread that has been wiped out few years ago. Despite her health condition, she has been lending support throughout her difficulties in posting - yet she tried her best to contribute. Ching’s death was so sudden – I simply could not believe it. I will forever be grateful for spending at least 8 years of my life with a dear friend like her. All the memories I have shared with her will forever be cherished and remembered. Ching will forever live in our hearts – she’s always cheerful, helpful, kind and considerate and was a great friend not only to me but to everyone.....

In loving memory of Ching, I am reposting her favorite picture of CHOI JI-WOO – she printed this picture for me in one of the birthday cards she sent…

IN LOVING MEMORY OF CHING......

CHOIJIWOO.jpg

and her favorite BD-couple.....

200504181.jpg

You will forever be missed my dearest chingu and May You REST IN PEACE CHING……

P.S On behalf of Ching’s friends @ Soompi, I have arranged a condolence wreath to be sent to her home.

I can totally attest to what Felicia said.. about Ching..

she was truly someone who shares everything and never holding back anything despite her condition. She's always the one encouraging others to post and continue sharing despite her not being well which not many knew. Over the years she did a lot of wonderful sharing (translation, captures, fan-talks) at related LBH and CJW threads.. at Beautiful Days.. at Everyone Has a Secret with her unconditional sharing, always brightening the bleakest moments.

She will always be missed dearly.. not seeing her ID at the threads will be hard to cope with..

Thank you Felicia, I know this is so hard to do.. the least we can do for Ching who had been there for us without fail.. our threads would never strive without her sharing.

Rest in peace my dearest Ching Sis....

I'm still in Shock and so speechless....thank you LBH and CJW and Beautiful Day to let me have a chace to know good Friend like you......( you will be missed ka ) T_T....

7sNNV.jpg

PS. dear FEL...thank you for update for us even it's very hard to convey this sad news. Please passed my deeply Condolence to Ching Sis's family and freinds na ka...T_T...our Jiwoo soompi board will miss her ( she will forever be missed ) for me BD / LBH and JW will remind me of her....thank you for being such a great great Jiwoo + ByungHun fans with us for a long time ( since my start loving Jiwoo )....

I can totally attest to what Felicia said.. about Ching..

she was truly someone who shares everything and never holding back anything despite her condition. She's always the one encouraging others to post and continue sharing despite her not being well which not many knew. Over the years she did a lot of wonderful sharing (translation, captures, fan-talks) at related LBH and CJW threads.. at Beautiful Days.. at Everyone Has a Secret with her unconditional sharing, always brightening the bleakest moments.

She will always be missed dearly.. not seeing her ID at the threads will be hard to cope with..

Thank you Felicia, I know this is so hard to do.. the least we can do for Ching who had been there for us without fail.. our threads would never strive without her sharing.

Thank you dear rubie for sharing your thoughts with us here in one of her favorite homes. Yes, you are right, we are going to miss her ID and the cute baby photo of hers.

For some strange reason (of which I don’t know why at that time…) during the weekend, I had a sudden urge to continue reading this book, The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying by Sogyal Rinpoche. I have been trying to catch up reading this book for years - I bought it after my father passed away few years ago. Now, I know why …… tears.giftears.gif

I really can't believe what I just heard from Annichoi a few mins ago. I was so shocked and still shocked T_T My tears got on my eyes. :tears:

Ching is my very first foreign friend for Jiwoo fans here who helped me up for any questions that I asked or confused about how to post in soompi or how to post or registered in Chinese fan page..bhjwlove. She just gave her hands to me for helping without any hesitate. I was so impressed for her kindness at that time. I also got chit-chat with her a lot via msn many years ago. At that time, I knew she had cancer and she told me like it was normal for her life. She could be with cancer as calm person. I admired her a lot for being so strong. I knew she lived with her mother. Now her mother has to be live alone by herself. But I'm sure her mother can manage it as Fel shared about how strong she is when she informed Fel about her dearest daughter had pass away.

I totally agree with Fel and Rubie said about Ching/Hyc. She always be here for Jiwoo's fans and consistency. I can't say anything more only ............"Ching unni, I will miss you always....THX for being here for us for a long time and share everything about Jiwoo and LBH and BD. REST in PEACE ...my dear sister CHING"

faccf70c.jpg

Thanks Fel for sharing Ching's news for us. I'm so sad now T_T :tears:

Guest apple_red

I am so late to know about our sister HYC-CHing...

May she Rest In Peace..

she always rememberred as the most faithfull CJW-LBH shipper and i always depends on her for some translation of news and comment...

*sobbing*