do you prefer to wear glasses or contacts?

green papaya

Guest sc_4f7ef7c2e23154c0205a52568aea34e4

contacts bother my eyes so much, but i still wear them sometimes

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kisschu

Contacts are the way to go. I've always hated wearing glasses since I was young. I can actually go to the pool and see when I'm wearing my contacts. I can wear sunglasses too. But I do wear my glasses when I'm at home.

Guest mashimaro_is_luff

glasses!

i tried contacts before and its not for me

since im not a sporty type, glasses doesnt get in the way of my daily activities much

and i think wearing glasses frame my face, and bring attention to an otherwise, very small eyes of mine :)

• 4 months later...

glasses.  Contacts = dry eyes = pain all day. T_TI also like glasses because it puts less emphasis on my shaky gel liner-ing when I wear eyeliner

I love wearing contacts but my new job has me staring at a computer screen all day, so after just one day in that new position, I had to revert back to wearing glasses every day.  D:  The only good thing is that I have 3 pairs (got them each for 20,000 won in Seoul several years ago) so at least I don't have to wear the same ones day after day.

I don't like wearing glasses because they hide my eyes too much. Plus, they always fall down my face.

I want to try wearing contacts one day though. If not, I'll just look for different frames.

Guest xFloOwuffBB

I prefer glasses. In my opinion they're a much less high maintenance and affordable option than contacts (also, I prefer not to touch around the skin around my eye since it's something that irks me). There's a lot that comes with managing contact lenses such as cases and solutions, and having to buy newer pairs, etc etc. Glasses are cute to me, and also they're not that much of a hassle.. you just have to do an occasional wipe down, maybe a little bit of cleaning solution and then a wipedown, and then place it in your glasses case! Glasses are a good investment and are definitely worth it if you know how to care for them.

Guest Iron_Maiden

I prefer laser eye surgery with no present or future negative side-effects. 
Okay, but if I were given only two options, contacts or glasses, I'd choose glasses. Sadly, even with contacts, I still can't see 100% clearly because I'm cursed with astigmatism. For contacts, I have to keep washing my hands like I have major OCD every time before I put them on, take them off, and whenever I have to re-adjust them, I really don't like that.  I also have many failed attempts of putting on contacts due to my eyes being super sensitive. The last time I tried putting on contacts it took me about 7-10 minutes. The first time I tried putting it on, took about 4 hours. LOL
EDIT: Okay...so maybe it wasn't 4 hours, maybe 1 and a half but it took me so long to put both of them on that the person who was teaching me to put on the contacts got quite frustrated. 

Guest karyee

I have really dry eyes so contacts are a bit painful... I am wearing daily ones so they're better, but it's true that they are expensive. I wear glasses for short periods of time, like when I don't want to waste a pair of contacts, or when I want to feel comfy (ie. at home). Contacts are for a full day out (ie. at school). 

i like contacts because i feel awkward always pushing up my glasses and stuff ^.^
but i have already dry eyes so contacts can get really uncomfy and they make me nauseous after 2 hours of wearing them, and i yawn uncontrollably... i need to find cute glasses ^_^

• 1 year later...
Guest agilpro1976

I much prefer wearing glasses over contact lenses.  I have never had a problem wearing glasses and would feel weird not wearing glasses.  I have tried contacts before and didn't care for them. 

Guest kiki_725

kisschu said: Contacts are the way to go. I've always hated wearing glasses since I was young. I can actually go to the pool and see when I'm wearing my contacts. I can wear sunglasses too. But I do wear my glasses when I'm at home.

glasses are such a pain. they get in the way of everything. but contacts would bother my eyes because i have really sensitive eyes. like, if i walk around outside my eyes water so much i can barely see, or, if i go on a rollercoaster i practically start crying. so yeah, no contacts for me. but maybe one day i'll get laser eye surgery.

Glasses? No way. They never suited me and will never will. I wear hard contact lenses after I didn't tolerate soft lenses anymore. They're a better choice because of their construction they don't absorb the liquidity of the eye. Good for people who have problems with dry eyes!

Archived