How come some girls think that Korean guys are better than other Asian guys?

Guest Gofishus

Guest bakemonochan

I think it's because the girl likes K-Pop or she is Korean. For the first situation, since in the K-Pop industry we only see the good side of idols, we end up falling in love with them .___.And since most of us won't even be able to meet them ever, we look for someone who will remind us of them, you know? Someone who we think we will love as much as we love our "oppa".
For the second part, since they would have the same culture, I think maybe her parents would want her to date a Korean. (:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Korean dramas, music videos etc. make girls swoon over Korean celebrities, especially since kpop and the like have been a huge trend in America for quite some time now.  Like boys, girls may have fantasies and idolize over certain characteristics that may be repetitive in the stereotype of that  Korean that is portrayed in the media- perhaps someone who is badass like GDragon. To me it's similar to how boys might say things like "I want a girl with big boobs" because it's something that present society/media deems attractive, which may be the case for Korean boys over all other Asian boys, but it's not something people go hunting for in terms of mandatory qualities in a relationship.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest angelaness

Uhm. Yea blame the kpop drama craze.

From my experiences and observations, the korean guys ive seen, met and talked with are pretty much cocky douches. I hate to diss my own people but its true. And it is youuu, you youuuu girllls pulling up their ego and pride so high. They think so high and mighty of themselves and theyre ugly as duck too. Andddd got ugly personalities!

Sheet. I started to stay away from korean guys in my college years because of that. Not very good experiences. Whatevs

Guest angelaness

Plus, as everyone stated, this is a forum dedicated to asians and mostlyyy korean asians! So everyone here will talk about koreans guys the most

Guest venus17

Well I'm Korean so I prefer Korean guys. I think it's the case with many (but not all) Korean girls - wanting to date their own men. Korea is also strictly homogenous. For other non-Korean gals, I would guess a lot of them are due to the Hallyu effect. But there's good and bad guys in every nation. 

Guest nana544

Because we think they look like Wonbin, Rain, Super Junior...etc...I don't know. Yeah it's the Hallyu wave.

Guest showoff

Definitely the K-drama/K-pop hype.  Although, I think the "height" issue is also something that could contribute to it.  The OP mentioned it, but then dismissed it, imo, a bit too easily.  When it comes to physical attributes only (not factoring in personality, wealth, etc), a man's "height" (relative term) is often viewed as something desireable by women.

It's my understanding that the average Korean male is 170cm, which is tops among all Asian countries.  As such, there could be a slight bias among females (Asian and otherwise) to favor the taller Asian man (Korean) over the shorter Asian man (non-Korean).  Yes, I understand that there are 6'0" Chinese men and 4'11" Korean men, but I'm using averages to illustrate a general trend and point.

I listened to kpop and watch kdrama here and there. Never had I thought Korean boys are better than the rest because of kpop or whatsoever. Simply, media is a different universe compare to reality. Men are still men. When there's a spark, that's when it count to judge which men is the best of them all. 

Guest asdfghjkl1430292029

I like Korean men and I also like other Asian men too but I can't see myself with another Asian. I'm positive it's the influence of k-dramas and kpop and the media that leads certain females to come to the conclusion that Korean males are better than the rest.

Guest mandyvn199

Those girls watched too many and overloaded with Korean "movie type" men. Seriously everything related to Korea/ Korean can drive young teen girls mad but mature girls will look for the men in reality. 

Not all Korean people even look like k-pop stars, and most k-pop personalities are fake @__@ I don't like associating with people who go crazy over someone just because of their ethnicity, so shallow!

I'm Korean but I give no shits about someone's ethnicity, but if someone had Korean cultural awareness/upbringing, of course I'll be able to relate easier with them but that's about it.

showoff

said:

It's my understanding that the average Korean male is 170cm, which is tops among all Asian countries.  As such, there could be a slight bias among females (Asian and otherwise) to favor the taller Asian man (Korean) over the shorter Asian man (non-Korean).  Yes, I understand that there are 6'0" Chinese men and 4'11" Korean men, but I'm using averages to illustrate a general trend and point.

Guest gmarie

Ok.... i happen to be attracted to korean guys, though i do fancy other asians. the reason behind my attraction to koreans is the fact that i fancy the korean culture. it has nothing to do with kpop.

Guest Tofu_Cloud

angelaness said: Uhm. Yea blame the kpop drama craze.
From my experiences and observations, the korean guys ive seen, met and talked with are pretty much cocky douches. I hate to diss my own people but its true. And it is youuu, you youuuu girllls pulling up their ego and pride so high. They think so high and mighty of themselves and theyre ugly as duck too. Andddd got ugly personalities!
Sheet. I started to stay away from korean guys in my college years because of that. Not very good experiences. Whatevs

Archived