Going to church just to talk/hit on girls..?

Crunchyrunchy

Nope I go to school too so I do it there also.

find offense to hitting on them? seriously?

Can't I just be subtle about it?

The problem with hitting on people at church is .. if you don't really care about church and are only there for the girls.. it does become obvious. So the possibility is you will be judged not only by the girl but the community itself... or she hears from the community etc. And well, religious/devouts may take it as an insult that you are going to church solely to pick up chicks?

Honestly, I would find it so much more of a bother to pick up girls (if I was a guy) at a church compared to other potential hangouts.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Schadenfreude

I hate churches, Christians, and Christianity itself.

They are a bunch of morons that think they are better than everyone else on this planet.

The Primary purpose of church is to pray, be closer to God, and offer your worship to the Lord Jesus Christ. Going to hit on girls should not be your main reason for going to church. Any girl who is a passionate Christian and realizes this will not be going out with you, sorry to say. 

The Primary purpose of a school is to learn but I don't see why socializing isn't a taboo.

What if I go there, be respectful and still hit on girls? I won't be an all out howard.. (from the Big bang Theory) I would just make conversation with them.

Guest ichigo_no_powder

haha I know someone who originally first agreed to go to church so that he could check girls out. That was over 15 years ago and now he's my senior pastor. ;)

There are 2 types of girls at church. There are those who are genuinely Christian and are a bit conservative compared to your normal girl. The other girl is one that is Christian by family and name, but lives a pretty non-Christian lifestyle

depends on what your definition of conservative is. There are girls in my church that have tattoos and definitely don't look like your typical conservative Christian girl but have a crazy passionate heart for God.

Guest ecstaticstranger

I like the part where you posted why.

In my opinion, I think it's a place where innocent people go. I know not all of them go on their own will (some being dragged by their parents or going with friends for kicks). And I just feel like you should leave them alone. There are so many other places you could go to find girls: the mall, online, the park. The way you added "hit on girls", it just sounds vulgar to me. It doesn't sound like you have good intentions. But then again, I could be wrong, and maybe it's actually polite from where you come from, I don't know.

Can you tell me if it sounds bad at all to you, Crunchyrunchy?

In my opinion, I think it's a place where innocent people go. I know not all of them go on their own will (some being dragged by their parents or going with friends for kicks). And I just feel like you should leave them alone. There are so many other places you could go to find girls: the mall, online, the park. The way you added "hit on girls", it just sounds vulgar to me. It doesn't sound like you have good intentions. But then again, I could be wrong, and maybe it's actually polite from where you come from, I don't know.

Can you tell me if it sounds bad at all to you, Crunchyrunchy?

What do you mean by "innocent people"? 

If hitting on girls sound so vulgar.. then would flirting be a better word?

Guest ecstaticstranger

I can't associate church with dating. And no, flirting would not have been a better word. I don't find it right that you would want to go to a religious place to do such a thing, it's like you're taking advantage of the church. Innocent as in nice. If you had said you were there to make friends, then I would be for your cause, but you said "hit on," which doesn't give a good image to me.

When you hear that someone goes to church, what do you think about them? Don't you get a feeling that they're that bit nicer? And if you just end up going to church to "hit on" girls, then you'd be getting that extra "niceness" just because you're there, that is, unless you tell them you're only there to hit on girls.

If you do end up going, then be truthful and tell them that you're there just to hit on girls, because that's what I'm getting from your post. You didn't mention anything along the lines of wanting to find god, or wanting to seek out and understand a different religion. All you said was "going to church to talk to/hit on girls."

I can't associate church with dating. And no, flirting would not have been a better word. I don't find it right that you would want to go to a religious place to do such a thing, it's like you're taking advantage of the church. Innocent as in nice. If you had said you were there to make friends, then I would be for your cause, but you said "hit on," which doesn't give a good image to me.

When you hear that someone goes to church, what do you think about them? Don't you get a feeling that they're that bit nicer? And if you just end up going to church to "hit on" girls, then you'd be getting that extra "niceness" just because you're there, that is, unless you tell them you're only there to hit on girls.

If you do end up going, then be truthful and tell them that you're there just to hit on girls, because that's what I'm getting from your post. You didn't mention anything along the lines of wanting to find god, or wanting to seek out and understand a different religion. All you said was "going to church to talk to/hit on girls."

Religious place? What makes Church so religious than any other place?

If you are going to make implications to people going there to worship and pray to their deities then what is so special of doing it in a church than at home or any other place. A church is only a building. A building built from the grounds up using mass amount of money and fancy decorations tied together by hard labor.

Flirting with girls is in a way making friends with them. Flirting just have more of a lasting impression and it is more of an aggressive approach than just casual conversation. It is pretty efficient when done right.

A school's primary purpose is to learn yet people formed close relationships with each other over time. Why is that so different from a church? School has "innocent" people  but I see them forming relationships too and believe it or not... Nice people flirt too.

Or a club.. I can go there to make friends instead of just being part of club activities.. I seen it happen all the time.

Isn't a church a social haven?

Guest ecstaticstranger

What makes Church so religious? << I really can't believe you just asked that and then gave me a 1, 2 step of how a building is built.

The architecture of a building has everything to do with its purpose. You can obviously tell the difference between a classroom and a prayer room, no? A building is built with specific materials and painted with colors to help reflect its purpose. Although, some churches aren't built as well as others, most at least have the basic structure and setup. Take an architecture class, they'll teach you about churches, boy do they teach you about churches.

Going to church is a lot different from doing it at home. I'm not religious or anything, so sorry if I offend. I don't think you can just eat crackers and drink red wine at home and call it the same thing; doesn't the priest have to bless it first or something? Any who, more on the social sense. It would help you grow in faith more if you're around people that believe the same thing. And also to listen to the priest and give to the basket and such.

You're right, school is for learning, but some people learn differently than others. Some need to make friends to learn, like working in a group, or simply helping someone will help keep it in your head much better than if you were to do it by yourself at home. You could throw the argument at me that " you can work with someone and not be their friend." But I find myself feeling really bad about doing that, so I usually treat someone out to lunch or coffee after they help me, and we end up becoming good friends. Plus, thinking about the time you spend at school and the time you spend at church, there is a big difference. It is only logical that a friendship may turn into something more since you're around them for that longer amount of time.

And you might be right in the flirting sense, I always hear people talking about flirting to make friends, but I never found it appealing to do, so I don't do it. I can easily make friends through simple talking. But you have your own methods. And I believe you that nice people flirt, but i find that those that don't flirt to make friends have less problems for some reason.

Guest ecstaticstranger

I see you've edited your post.

"What makes Church so religious than any other place?"

I guess you're right in that sense, it's as religious as your grocery store or the farm shed, but in other aspects: it's a place for those that think the same to congregate, a place to get "more into the spirit".

For example, don't you find yourself studying better at a library than at a rock concert? They're two equally equivalent places to think about studying, but actual studying may not be possible at a rock concert, or well, it might be that bit harder.

Guest writerstale

This thread is hilarious. I've thought about going to church for the same reason as the OP except I'm not out for sympathy and I would like a great gf. I've been told to go to college coffee shops.

What makes Church so religious? << I really can't believe you just asked that and then gave me a 1, 2 step of how a building is built.

The architecture of a building has everything to do with its purpose. You can obviously tell the difference between a classroom and a prayer room, no? A building is built with specific materials and painted with colors to help reflect its purpose. Although, some churches aren't built as well as others, most at least have the basic structure and setup. Take an architecture class, they'll teach you about churches, boy do they teach you about churches.

Going to church is a lot different from doing it at home. I'm not religious or anything, so sorry if I offend. I don't think you can just eat crackers and drink red wine at home and call it the same thing; doesn't the priest have to bless it first or something? Any who, more on the social sense. It would help you grow in faith more if you're around people that believe the same thing. And also to listen to the priest and give to the basket and such.

You're right, school is for learning, but some people learn differently than others. Some need to make friends to learn, like working in a group, or simply helping someone will help keep it in your head much better than if you were to do it by yourself at home. You could throw the argument at me that " you can work with someone and not be their friend." But I find myself feeling really bad about doing that, so I usually treat someone out to lunch or coffee after they help me, and we end up becoming good friends. Plus, thinking about the time you spend at school and the time you spend at church, there is a big difference. It is only logical that a friendship may turn into something more since you're around them for that longer amount of time.

And you might be right in the flirting sense, I always hear people talking about flirting to make friends, but I never found it appealing to do, so I don't do it. I can easily make friends through simple talking. But you have your own methods. And I believe you that nice people flirt, but i find that those that don't flirt to make friends have less problems for some reason.

Read my post carefully. Why do prayers have to be sanctioned by churches to make them legitimate? How does the architecture of the Church make it so special? A church is made of wood, glass and other misc. material is found in schools and even domestic housings. It is nothing more but a building made by humans to give the illusion of projecting people's faith.

I see you don't have a strong foundation of faith. I could pray on top of my bed as a way to relay prayers to god. Why do I need a priest who is a mortal with no association to god to guide me?

Again the pertinent question here is what makes Church such a holy grounds for worship when anywhere can do like your own home for example. 

You need to explain this better.

I see you've edited your post.

"What makes Church so religious than any other place?"

I guess you're right in that sense, it's as religious as your grocery store or the farm shed, but in other aspects: it's a place for those that think the same to congregate, a place to get "more into the spirit".

For example, don't you find yourself studying better at a library than at a rock concert? They're two equally equivalent places to think about studying, but actual studying may not be possible at a rock concert, or well, it might be that bit harder.

Comparing the efficiency of studying to a library to a rock concert is absurd. I can study in a classroom, at my house and various other places just fine. Stop putting out strawman comparisons and reread to find out that I implied alternatives not facilities. Let me ask:

What make Churches so efficient at delivering prayers when God in theory is omnipresent  therefore praying anywhere is sufficient.

Unless you are saying that somehow in a Church prayers are more likely to be answered.

Guest ecstaticstranger

The only part I'm thinking has to be sanctioned is the blessing of the cracker and wine. Other than that, you can pray at home if you want. I just believe that you'd find faith easier if you were surrounded by those who will encourage you and who believe in the same thing.

I never said I had faith in the first place, I even said I wasn't religious.

You go to school, right crunchyrunchy? Do you have study sessions with friends?

The only part I'm thinking has to be sanctioned is the blessing of the cracker and wine. Other than that, you can pray at home if you want. I just believe that you'd find faith easier if you were surrounded by those who will encourage you and who believe in the same thing.

I never said I had faith in the first place, I even said I wasn't religious.

You go to school, right crunchyrunchy? Do you have study sessions with friends?

Sometimes

So let me ask again. Why am I so despicable for wanting to flirt with girls in churches?

I could just want to find a cute girl at a church and if the time is right I can ask her for plethora of information regarding her religion and such. 

Guest ecstaticstranger

Sometimes

So let me ask again. Why am I so despicable for wanting to flirt with girls in churches?

I could just want to find a cute girl at a church and if the time is right I can ask her for plethora of information regarding her religion and such. 

What happens if she wants you to take the religion seriously? Actually go every sunday, holiday, and birthdays and such. Not eat meat, get baptized, things of that sort.

Archived