Cartilage piercing on guys

Guest VitaSoyBoy

Guest VitaSoyBoy

What do people think?
I guess this is mainly directed at girls, but what do you think of cartilage piercing on guys?  I saw an old thread on ear piercings on guys, but didn't want to rebump a super old thread so making this one instead.

Not sure if I should get it myself, just been tossing the idea around for a long while now in my head and all, so why not open it up to soompi community and their opinions? XD

As a guy, I think one piercing on either your left or right ear lob is fine. Anything more than that is kind of pushing it for me haha. 

Girls, for some odd reason to me, can pull it off and make it look hot ph34r.gif not guys though.. especially if they have a ring earring in their cartilage piercing.. bleh...

Though this is just my opinion.

Guest EXQU1S1TE

I say if you want one, go for it. (I'm a guy though)

I mean, ear piercings aren't permanent and you can take them on and off when you want (after they heal).

You can't put earrings back in cartilage piercings though because they close up pretty much overnight.

I think cartilage piercings look good on guys :)

You can't put earrings back in cartilage piercings though because they close up pretty much overnight.

Really? I thought it varies from person to person...

My sister has multiple cartridge piercings and she doesn't wear them everyday, and they haven't closed.

Guest darkmist

Really? I thought it varies from person to person...

My sister has multiple cartridge piercings and she doesn't wear them everyday, and they haven't closed.

I agree - I have a cartilage piercing and sometimes I go for 3 or 4 days without an earring in it and it doesn't close up. From what I remember my piercer saying (don't quote me on this), I think you have to leave the original earring (the one you got with the piercing) in for 3 months before you can switch. After that, you need to wait a year or so before the piercing won't close. I've had my piercing for 2.5 years now and it's just like my regular lobe piercings and I don't have to worry about it.

As for guys having cartilage piercings, I think they're hot - if they suit the person. Like if you had ears that majorly stuck out, I think piercings that would look weird on the person, male or female. And the type of earring makes a difference too - a tasteful stud or CBR is fine but I'd be more inclined to go "really? =.=" at giant bling or some other kind of garish jewellery.

Guest Malice_Kaiser

Depends on the rest of his style, of course. Some guys can pull it off, some can't. If they can, I really like multiple piercings on guys.

Guest elysium.

In my opinion, I don't think most guys can pull it off.

...Best thing to do is hold an earring up near your ear and take a pic so we can get a better judgement lolz. >=)

I don't like them. I like guys with lobe piercing (on both too) but cartilage piercing on guys isn't attractive to me. But your choice, if you like it, you should go for it. I know many people don't like tattoos on girls, but I still got them. ^_^

Guest jaycupbaby_

i'm a girl &  i dont mind piercings on guys at all.

makes them look even sexier xD just look at all the idol boybands haha..

i think for the cartilage, if you're not scared to get it pierced, then do it..& if it doesnt suit you well, just take it off..its not permanent like tats or anything

Archived