DIY Fashion and Accessories

imtoghai

Hello everyone,

I thought I'd create this thread for people to showcase their own "DIY" fashion/apparel and accessories. Whether or not the thought was original or simply inspired (or even directly borrowed) by another DIY tutorial elsewhere, feel free to post them here. And if the idea WAS directly borrowed, would you be courteous so as to provide us with a direct link to the source? Thank you!

Btw, should I create a thread where people could gather random things (ex: articles of clothing, accessories, fabric, shoes, objects, etc.) and post them so people can offer suggestions on how to put those 'random things' together so as to create something? Although, I feel like it kind of defeats the purpose of 'nurturing your OWN creativity', so I'm not sure whether I should start a topic like that or not haha.

Anyway, I think it would be nice if each 'DIY Fashion and Accessories' post included the following:

[A PHOTO of the creation itself and/or of the items used in producing it.]

Items/materials/objects used

Tutorial

+ Any additional info, details, comments, etc.

Well, that's it. Feel free to offer advice on how to improve this thread (if this thread is even a good idea), and post away!

Guest breathless.

Nice thread (: I like your second idea too I think it would be an interesting thread.

I primarily make earrings, so here is a pair I made a tutorial on a year or so ago.

DSC_1426.JPG

The materials you need:

DSC_1345.JPG

(x2, the picture only shows materials for one earring)

24 gauge gold wire

wire cutters

pliers

hooks (2)

headpins (2)

different beads:

- jade flower coin bead (2), teal round bead (2), small pearls (12), bead caps (2), coral drops (2)

There are a ton of photographs so you can find the tutorial here at my blog: http://hellowhimsy.blogspot.com/2010/10/earring-tutorial-in-10-easy-steps.html

You can substitute my beads with whatever you have on hand that are similarly sized (:

• 6 months later...
Guest agentdevil5656

^ I love what you did to the bracelet, the stone color really is gorgeous! I really want to do something like that for more rings~ 

Guest amyao

@elizabeth, that is really awesome!
Did you take the first few photos with a Lighting Studio? They look so professional. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cinnachuu

This heart bangle is super adorable and dainty. I haven't tried out the tutorial myself yet, but it looks pretty simple hehe.
ispydiy_wireheart2.jpgfrom ispydiy's website :)

• 3 weeks later...

This heart bangle is super adorable and dainty. I haven't tried out the tutorial myself yet, but it looks pretty simple hehe.

from ispydiy's website :)

Sooooo cute!! Def going to try

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jennyyeex3

Does anyone have any asian style DIY fashion to share? I really like the style of clothing on yesstyle.com but the shipping is a bit pricey for me... Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest salinda

al of  your DIY  accessories  are  so creative and nice ,  wanna  try them, i also  like DIY  my clothes, bags  with  rivets, 

Archived