Prom 2012 Dresses

HOSHIKO--

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Vivichi

My prom is three months from now. I think it is a good time to start ordering, especially if you're ordering online. It takes about a month to ship from them to you, and then their is tailoring, finding shoes, etc. !!

What do you guys think about buying at a department store? Like Macy's or Bloomingdales.

My friends are a bit iffy about it, since the chances of people having the same dress is high. ):

Guest kimchiday

For xtransterr and xstrawberryx

my friend sent me that picture

i think she got it from taobao ><

9zua3d.jpg

dress link

should i go for open-toe nude heels

or closed toe pumps? do you think this heels would match the dress above.

closed

11vtc9z.jpg

open

153mm2e.jpg

Guest xkrnxchicx7

*quoted image*

dress link

closed

*quoted image*

open

*quoted image*

i personally like the open toed shoes, the colors seems a little lighter the the closed toe one.

Guest nauticalblue

*quoted image*

dress link

closed

*quoted image*

open

*quoted image*

Thanks for the link!

And I would say go with the open toe pumps. I think open toe shoes work better for prom occasions.

Guest tikimiki

My link

Hey guys! I really want to get this dress, but I'm worried its too plain? any thoughts on it?

pretty, but it looks like a wedding dress

Hey guys~ c: I want to know if this dress (below) is an appropriate prom dress? If you know what I mean? ><;;

My school's theme this year is thee '20s Hollywood. (:

Thankk youu (:

*quoted image*

Photo CR; Facebook. :b

cute but wayyyy too casual, so no. :(

the first link doesn't work; only shows the front page of yesstyle. the second dress would be ok for junior prom, though for me if it's for senior prom, it'll be a little plain. 

*quoted image*

dress link

closed

*quoted image*

open

*quoted image*

open toed shoes definitely 

Guest tikimiki

this was my prom dress from last year:

alice2131911906_p3_v1_m56577569832076400_254x500.jpgalice2131911906_p2_v1_m56577569832076404_254x500.jpg

I'm selling this dress, so if you're interested, please pm me.

I wore this dress only for one night last year for my senior prom. The tights look weird on the model, but the dress was beautiful, simple yet classy, and unique!! biggrin.gif It's not white like the pics; it's more like an ivory/cream color. i felt like a greek goddess when I wore this to prom. ^o^/ The back is also interesting; each band was sewed on separately and alternates between silky-looking to not silky-looking stretchy bands. Since the bands are stretchy, you can still wear it even when your weight changes. This year I gained 15 pounds and could still wear this dress comfortably laugh.giflaugh.gif. There's also a revealed high-quality metal zipper, which adds character to a prom dress. The bottom is somewhat see-through, but b/c of the layering you don't need to wear shorts and the dress looks even more greek goddess-y. smile.gif

i got this from shopbop.com, which is an expensive designer online store, and the designer brand is Alice + Olivia. The dress retailed ~$350, but since it's not a prom site i know the price of the dress wasn't inflated b/c of prom season @_@. I also paid ~$35 for tailoring b/c I got the last dress (size 8) and it was too big for me. >.< I would estimate the size after tailoring to be 5-6, but can fit higher sizes as well due to the bands.

I'm selling it for $140 which will include dry cleaning and shipping (only in U.S.). Again, please pm me if you're interested in this dress and want more info/pics. biggrin.gif

Guest celery

I'm absolutely in love with the Pronovias "Lady" Cocktail dress, but at a huge loss for where I can find it.

Any legitimate websites that ship to Canada?? Please let me know :(

20111231_kfashionista_pronovias.png

Guest cassaraybaybay

If wish I wore a high-low dress for prom... haha.

HOWEVER! I'm selling these dresses! :D I bought too many formal dresses my senior year :3

PM me if you're interested in any of them :)

*quoted image**quoted image**quoted image*

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >

"selena gomez emmy dress"

size: 4 [can fit 2; there is an adjustable bra strap inside]

condition: NWOT worn once by my cousin, the train has some wear at the edges but it's really unnoticeable unless you examine it closely and lay out the train completely.

description: a similar dress to what selena gomez wore to the emmys. i ordered it in burgandy, but it seems more red to me. beautiful dress but it wasn't really what i thought it would look like on me, so i'm hoping someone would give this wonderful piece a home :)♥ great dress to wear for prom or any other formal event! ideal for 5'4"-5'5" when wearing heels.

*quoted image**quoted image*

modeled dress

"BCBG plum dress"

size: 2

condition: wore for prom only, 4 hours tops!

description: beautiful and elegant formal gown by BCBG! designed in a way that it really shows off the waist,, received MANY compliments on this dress during prom, but now i have nowhere to wear it :( so i hope to find this dress a new home♥

retail: $398+tax

"yellow formal dress"

size: 4/S

condition: NWOT

description: absolutely beautiful dress. bought it for the homecoming parade since i was FBLA's homecoming princess but the dress didn't ship in on time so i never got to wear it. the perfect height for this dress is 5'3"-5'4". this dress can be worn for prom or any other formal occasion!

2011-02-28173730.jpg

"black bcbg strapless bow dress"

size: 4

condition: new!! but thin black straps that is used to hold up the dress has been removed.

description: stunning dress, tried it on and got lots of compliments from my friends that were there with me but i guess i lost some weight and never got to wear the dress anywhere :/ take this pretty piece home - can wear it to semiformals, formals, parties, etc!

retail: $272+tax

*quoted image**quoted image**quoted image*

"short formal blue dress"

size: XS, but ideally for S

condition: only wore for 4 hours; practically new!

description: cutest dress ever! this style of draping at the bottom of the dress is really in this year~ i recieved A LOT of compliments when i wore this to my junior prom. now i don't really have any occasion this to wear this so i'm letting it go~

*quoted image*

"royal purple sweetheart dress"

size:5 [ideal for 34B/34C, but can easily be tailored for those smaller]

condition: wore 4 hours max for a friend's cotillion

description: simple yet really elegant when paired with the right accessories, but looks absolutely stunning when worn by itself ;] my friends really liked the origami pleating on the waist area and does a great job taking away attention from the stomach. picture does no justice, looks a lot better when worn! can be worn at formals, semi-formals, etc♥

I was wondering where you ordered that selena gomez inspired dress?

Guest papiroflexia

Hi I was wondering if anyone knew a site where I can order this dress or something really similar to it?

Jjshouse remakes dresses but when I asked them to send me a real life picture of their product it....looked like a giant turban and I don't think I would want to wear a giant turban to my prom, it looked too frumpy and cheap compared to the picture. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!~

f5e6aad62a7eacde42fded7565f9b3b3.jpg

I like how simple this dress is, with the slit and how it is body hugging but I don't know where else I can order it besides Jjshouse (which a lot of girls also use).

Guest nekonana

*quoted image*

What a beautiful piece. I would LOVE to have a dress like this ahahah.

I'm not a fan of showing my back that's why the top part of this dress is just..urgh, stunning.

omg that dress is SOOO beautiful!!! can you please let me know where you found it??

I second this!!! That dress is too gorgeous!

Guest YukiPuu

My junior prom is this Saturday, and I bought this dress from Charlotte Russe. It's much prettier and lively in person. It was really cheap too, for $45. The sequin bust is surprisingly sturdy.

tumblr_m0jyqvD9t11qzek7oo1_400.png

tumblr_m0jyqvD9t11qzek7oo2_400.png

Guest Christinaisweird

Wow, that dress is gorgeous! May I ask where it's from?

me too, i love the color!!! it's actually my favorite color(:

Am I the only one who feels that there are too many girls advertising to sell their old dresses here rather current prom attendees??

Super simple from Banana Republic. Any idea on how to accessorize?

*quoted image*

Are those the shoes you are wearing with the dress? It all depends on the colour of your shoes but from the shoes in the picture, I think that silver accessories will be better for you.

Guest yuri9do0

*sigh* i dont have $ to buy my senior prom dresss! my mom is refusing to buy another dress T_T

but anyways, is anyone interested in my dress from last year?

it's a short, silver dress. size 5.

217516_214041961941282_100000064401301_897433_4141840_n.jpg

208673_214041988607946_100000064401301_897434_8304760_n.jpg

206621_214042148607930_100000064401301_897438_150851_n.jpg

i got it for $95 but i will sell it for $35 shipped ($30 + $5 shipping)!

if you want more picture or details, just pm me!

this year, if i manage to save up enough money, i really want a dress like this one below, but in a cream color.

Untitled-1.png

Archived