Prom 2012 Dresses

HOSHIKO--

Guest c.to_

Hi everyone!:sweatingbullets:

I know I posted this in the Cute, Hot, Ugly..Thread but I wanted some more opinions too :D

I don't know which one I should choose?

If it helps, I'm around 5'4, size 0, brown hair and paleish skin tone.

Purple is $170, Pink is $190

*quoted image**quoted image*

Thanks~

The design of the pink one is better if you have chest that can fill it up nicely. However, if you have a smaller chest, I would go for the lavender one :). But I do like the pink one more design wise.

Also, strapless dresses can be a hassle if they are too loose in the torso/bust area - your dress will slip down slowly and you'll have to periodically readjust. LOL

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest xlila

Hey guys~ c: I want to know if this dress (below) is an appropriate prom dress? If you know what I mean? ><;;

My school's theme this year is thee '20s Hollywood. (:

Thankk youu (:

*quoted image*

Photo CR; Facebook. :b

I personally think it's too casual for prom or just inappropriate for the situation. I guess it's just the material of the dress and overall look of it.

Guest hydraskylar

I love the couture, red-carpet dresses and there are a lot of websites promising replica dresses at a lower price. Some are Chinese-based and some are US-based but all websites I've been to seem to have mixed reviews. Do you know a website that sell celebrity-inspired dresses that are actually of decent quality? Thanks

Guest XangelXtranX

My link

Hey guys! I really want to get this dress, but I'm worried its too plain? any thoughts on it?

I feel like the fabric is not ya know, vibrant enough. And if the price is 138$ I'm sure you can get some really nice dress here in the us which looks nicer.

I got these nude pumps a few days ago but I honestly have no idea what color dress it could be matched with, other than black or light pastel-pink-like colors.... which I refuse to wear. I prefer darker shades... Oh my goodness lol. HELP x____x;;;

I think nude pumps go with anything .

Guest XangelXtranX

Hey guys~ c: I want to know if this dress (below) is an appropriate prom dress? If you know what I mean? ><;;

My school's theme this year is thee '20s Hollywood. (:

Thankk youu (:

*quoted image*

Photo CR; Facebook. :b

That seems really informal lol. I'm sure you can find something nicer.

Guest courtleee

aaah, the dresses on the first page are exactly what i'm looking for. short in the front, long in the back. does anyone know if there's a specific name for this type of dress...?

WYAeT.png

(from modcloth)

Guest stylebubble

I really like the dresses Dakota Fanning wears, especially the Valentino ones ^ ^

dakota-fanning-valentino-couture.jpg

dakota-fanning-valentino-met-gala.jpg

elle-fanning-en-valentino-dakota-fanning-en-marchesa-10376970rmtrz_2041.jpg

valentino-dresses-711729.jpg

Dakota+Fanning+Style+7.jpg

and the poofy Dior dresses ^ ^ Chanel couture, et cetera

Guest helloitsme93

*quoted image*

this will be my prom dress, i don't want to keep looking ;__;

If you're ordering from there, make sure you order early. Especially if you are getting it tailored. They gave me hell last year. I ordered almost two months prior to prom but since I needed it tailored, it would take longer. The expected date was two weeks before prom then they kept delaying it saying oh I'm sorry it's prom season so blah blah we'll give you a discount. They delayed my order 3 times until I canceled it because it would be arrived a week AFTER prom. Then I went crazy searching for a dress the weekend before prom. I had to settle on a dress that I didn't like but it was the only that would fit me. Just saying to anybody ordering, especially with tailored dresses, order soon because something similar may happen.

Guest XangelXtranX

4954644866_28c779a96d_z.jpg

What a beautiful piece. I would LOVE to have a dress like this ahahah.

I'm not a fan of showing my back that's why the top part of this dress is just..urgh, stunning.

If you're ordering from there, make sure you order early. Especially if you are getting it tailored. They gave me hell last year. I ordered almost two months prior to prom but since I needed it tailored, it would take longer. The expected date was two weeks before prom then they kept delaying it saying oh I'm sorry it's prom season so blah blah we'll give you a discount. They delayed my order 3 times until I canceled it because it would be arrived a week AFTER prom. Then I went crazy searching for a dress the weekend before prom. I had to settle on a dress that I didn't like but it was the only that would fit me. Just saying to anybody ordering, especially with tailored dresses, order soon because something similar may happen.

My prom isn't until June, which is in 3 months so I guess that's ok? I just did a live chat with one of the representatives they said it'll just take 4 weeks, even though I mentioned about your problem. I hope mine won't take that long :\ But thanks for the heads up, i'm going to search for a backup dress.

Guest XangelXtranX

would nude pumps work with a white dress? : /

Depend on the kind of dress but generally yes. Nude pumps is pretty versatile.

P.S. Jealous of girls who look good in long dress. I'm too little people for that.

Guest kimchiday

9zua3d.jpg

do you think a dress similar to this is ok for prom? :/

or is it too simple? and would nude heels work? or should i go with white heels?

Guest XangelXtranX

*quoted image*

or is it too simple? and would nude heels work? or should i go with white heels?

That's a really nice dress actually! And nude pumps

Guest nauticalblue

*quoted image*

I like it! It's simple, but sweet, and I think it's formal enough for prom.

I agree on the nude heels. White heels would be too... wedding-ish? I can see silver heels working too.

Out of curiosity, where'd you get the dress from (or what site did you get the photo from)?

Guest xtransterr

*quoted image*

What a beautiful piece. I would LOVE to have a dress like this ahahah.

I'm not a fan of showing my back that's why the top part of this dress is just..urgh, stunning.

omg that dress is SOOO beautiful!!! can you please let me know where you found it??

Archived