I cheated on my girlfriend

Guest HeRo__

Guest Dara-chan

Your post clearly shows how well you handle relationships. *insert sarcasm*

Honestly, cheating is cheating. I don't care how many people do it, it's still wrong. Great many people murder and rape others, but that doesn't make it right.

Trying to justify the wrong by pointing to her clinginess is wrong. It's like what a child says when they get caught in a fight, "Well, she started it." It's immature and useless.

Your girlfriend might have also had a right to be upset about your relationships with other women. Honestly, we don't know if you were flirtacious with these other "friends." We don't know what your relationships are like with the opposite sex. All we have is what you say which can be skewed depending on your level of pride and perception.

The same goes for your girlfriend's clinginess. To you she may be clingy, but in actuallity she's just like any other girlfriend in a serious relationship.

I'm not saying your a liar; in each situation we deal with in life we are typically clouded by our own views and feelings.

The whole story though tells me that you are in no way serious (in many cases I feel like your just playing with her). If you want to do the right thing and end it, good for you. That's your call. Hopefully, though, she'll realize the situation this relationships in, and leave you before you hurt her more.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ttrin

uhm. the only silver lining in that post was that you realized that she's not the one for you.

everything else deserves the full wrath of every woman scorned.

end the relationship. that's the least you can do.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tofu_Cloud

Well your current girlfriend is  insecure low self esteem chick, and your ex is a easy richard simmons ho richard simmons skank, u double dip... trust me, she went at u so easy cuz she was in the mood, u think that time u and her broke up she wasnt sleeping with toher dudes? im sure she was. Just saying.

Yup you need to let go now. You're too young, and young minded.... i bet your under 22.

Guest Dangitzwayne

ya it doesn't seem like you are ready to be in a relationship yet =( cheating is cheating and isn't good for any side.

Guest Inconnu

You know what's lame?

You giving reasons to why you cheated. IDK, personally, I think that's low.
If you know what you did is wrong, just accept it. Don't go all out and say
"It's because my gf was clingy, below average, etc. etc." because that just
portrays YOU as a weaker person. Defending a wrongdoing won't make it any
better.

Guest etchtglass_1

*oogles* wow. y'all ripped this guy a new one.

1. The girlfriend is incredibly insecure and controlling. This is a problem on its own. She NEEDS to be confronted about this so that she can learn and grow to (hopefully) become a more mature person. No one wants to be suffocated to the point that they can only be friends with half the worlds population (unless you're into that kinda thing...)
2. You cheated. You know you've made a bad mistake. You f-ed up quite a number of times. But, you realized she's not the one.......so, uh, why're you still together? o_O If she's not the one, sever ties and move on. There's not benefit to staying in the relationship any longer.
3. Honestly, do not tell her you cheated UNLESS you plan to stay together. Breaking up sucks and being cheated on sucks, I don't think she needs a double whammy. Just break up with her. However, if you plan to stay together any longer, COME CLEAN and tell her you cheated.

Ta-da! The 3 step guide to dealing with this issue in this situation.

i kinda read your other posts before... i honestly think you cheated because u think she's too good for you and and you were afraid she'd find someone else better than you and dump you. so you decided to hurt her first before she could do anything. common insecure behavior of many young individuals. so its understandable. you know you're not telling us soompiers the whole story, because there is a second part that you are concealing. this whole forum post is really a one sided view. and the reason you went back to her is because u like her .  admit it. you say you dont, but deep down inside you like her so much because shes such a great catch. im reading between the lines. how are we to know that she's the insecure one? maybe its you.also you are putting a large emphasis on looks. its because ur brains are nothing compared to hers and you know that personality wins over looks any and every time. as soon as she graduates and gets her career going, you are history bro. 

Dang I stopped reading after the "we slept together part".... I just suddenly thought how unfair it is for ur gf. I feel bad for her.. Coz a cheating bf, will most likely be a cheater husband. Just saying.

Guest serendipity8989

Dude, how would you feel if you were her? I know it's hard for guys to just resist girls if they're coming on to them (& they're pretty), but you should have had more self-control. It's worse that you cheated with on your gf with your ex. Like, really. That's like my worst nightmare, as a girl. 
I think YOU'RE the one that's insecure, that's why you resorted to cheating to satisfy your own insecurities. You know she's too good for you in the end, and she's gonna end up meeting a handsome rich doctor in Med school and kick you to the curb.
OR you're just confused b/c you really like your current GF, but you're embarrassed cause she's "below" what you usually prefer in terms of appearance. 
IDK but from what you were saying, both of you guys seem very immature.

Archived