[INFO] 10th Annual Korean Music Festival [How was the show?]

Guest YuffieK

Guest seancena

Are you booking it online? I just checked it online as well and I got the same problem. I suggest you call to book your room, I'm sure they still have rooms available for Wednesday through which ever day you're leaving. Every year I book a room at the sheraton I always call the hotel and make my reservations through the phone. Its more helpful through the phone and often times (If the person is nice) they help you look and end up finding a really good rate for you. :) 

Sheraton Downtown Los Angeles 

213-488-3500

Also, When the artists arrive mostly has to do with their schedules. Some artists come earlier in the week and some come last minute. It really depends on their schedule.

P.S If you're wanting to see them and you're staying at the hotel. trust me you don't have to look hard. The past couple of years that I've been going, within 5 minutes of stepping in the hotel and checking in I've seen a celebrity just casually walking by. (Last year I arrived Thursday afternoon and went to check in and right next to me was Dongho from U-Kiss.)  ^^ You'll see a lot of that during the weekend.

ReesieY: No they didn't announce anything yet about hotels. They should soon though, I'm getting impatient. :(

Thank you very much! I plan to call the hotel but I figured I would just see if anyone ran into the same issue online. I am assuming that the Sheraton will be the sponsor hotel? If the Grand Wilshire is taken out of the picture, I can't imagine them going with a different hotel. I mean, the Sheraton knows what security measures need to be taken so why risk going with another hotel? I hope my logic plays out correctly! lol

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EunSeob24

I'm getting so nervous about first batch of line up!! Am I the only one?! I hope they announce it somewhere in February.

I made prediction of who's going to be in the line up.

Big bang

Infinite

Teen top

T-ara

f(x)

Secret

K.will

Davichi

and possibly block b or boyfriend as the rookie

And the old generation... Maybe someone like Kim Gunmo, Lee Eunmi, and Tae Jinah. That would be cool if my uncle could come IDK if he would though. As well as having B.A.P. but i doubt they would come. Since they just started.

Guest seancena

I'm getting so nervous about first batch of line up!! Am I the only one?! I hope they announce it somewhere in February.

I made prediction of who's going to be in the line up.

Big bang

Infinite

Teen top

T-ara

f(x)

Secret

K.will

Davichi

and possibly block b or boyfriend as the rookie

And the old generation... Maybe someone like Kim Gunmo, Lee Eunmi, and Tae Jinah. That would be cool if my uncle could come IDK if he would though. As well as having B.A.P. but i doubt they would come. Since they just started.

I think T-ara and Davichi are probably a lock since they are rescheduling their San Francisco concert for sometime in April. However, since KMF seems to never bring artists in consecutive years, I think no Secret or K-Will since they were at last year's festival.

Guest Des Choi

Ahhh! I wish that KMF would at LEAST post prpfile/shadow pictures of the artists who're coming! Lol

I'm soo ready! Haha..

Oh btw is anyone willing to room with my sister and I at the Sheraton?

Seeing as how thisll be our first time going, we'd love to have a "veteran" with us lol.

We don't bite, promise! :D

Guest xeudaemonic

Actually they've had some artists come repeatedly, girls generation came twice. And I think a Trot singer had come three times once. So yes it is possible any of the previous artists can come again!

Guest seancena

Actually they've had some artists come repeatedly, girls generation came twice. And I think a Trot singer had come three times once. So yes it is possible any of the previous artists can come again!

Repeatedly yes but never back-to-back years right? I don't know what to believe but it appears that KMF policy is not to have artists come in consecutive years (e.g., 2010, 2011). I also heard SM Entertainment no longer brings their artists to the KMF. Who are you interested in seeing? I am a little bummed because After School is my favorite group and they will be in Japan during KMF.

Guest xeudaemonic

Yes, girls generation has come back twice consecutively. And I've heard that a trot singer has come back 2 or 3 times consecutively as well. There are occurrences where this has happened, so it is possible for artists to come back even if they performed the previous years. It's only rare that they have come back three or more.

Uhh I'm not too sure about the whole sm not going to kmf anymore. I think it also has to do with who sponsors it that year, the year a lot of jyp artists came was because jyp was also sponsoring it. I do hope for fx to finally come this year though. I'm sure beast won't be back this year, infinite sounds like a good boy group just because they've been promoting well. But we shall see!

My vote is -

Girl groups: fx, miss a, rainbow, orrrrr a pink!

Boy groups: infinite, dalmation, or maybe some hip hop duo like mighty mouth or supreme team.

Solo: iu!?!? Hahaha jk. Maybe Kim hyung joong?

Guest seancena

Yes, girls generation has come back twice consecutively. And I've heard that a trot singer has come back 2 or 3 times consecutively as well. There are occurrences where this has happened, so it is possible for artists to come back even if they performed the previous years. It's only rare that they have come back three or more.

Uhh I'm not too sure about the whole sm not going to kmf anymore. I think it also has to do with who sponsors it that year, the year a lot of jyp artists came was because jyp was also sponsoring it. I do hope for fx to finally come this year though. I'm sure beast won't be back this year, infinite sounds like a good boy group just because they've been promoting well. But we shall see!

My vote is -

Girl groups: fx, miss a, rainbow, orrrrr a pink!

Boy groups: infinite, dalmation, or maybe some hip hop duo like mighty mouth or supreme team.

Solo: iu!?!? Hahaha jk. Maybe Kim hyung joong?

I think miss A, Rainbow, and A pink have a good shot of coming. I also think IU may come. Since this is the 10th anniversary, I assume they are going to do it big. 4 girl groups would be a lot to ask for yeah? I keep thinking it will be T-ara, Davichi, A pink and potentially maybe only one more girl group.

Guest eunha16

When do we generally receive our tickets? And what time would you suggest coming to the concert? ^^ Are there any things to do before the concert? smile.gif

Guest EunSeob24

When do we generally receive our tickets? And what time would you suggest coming to the concert? ^^ Are there any things to do before the concert? *quoted image*

You get them supposedly end of March, maybe begininning of April. Since the concerts starts at 6:00. I would suggest coming at 2:00pm or 3 pm. (It depends how long you want to stay there.) Before the concerts you can get free goodies (lightsticks, shirt, poster, thundersticks) plus there are people that dances to numerous Kpop songs, and plus they let you in the Hollywood like 1 hour early.

Guest skim072

When do we generally receive our tickets? And what time would you suggest coming to the concert? ^^ Are there any things to do before the concert? *quoted image*

hello,

with regards to doing stuff before the concert. my friends and i got there around 2pm and checked out all the booths. but an hour or two later we were bored out of our minds and actually pretty tired. we ended up sitting around the area for another hour before they let us in. after that we still had to wait one more hour before the event started. so it really depends..

pro's to getting there early: better parking (easier access to leave), get all the good free stuff they hand out

con's: lots of time to kill.

Guest xeudaemonic

I think this year my friends and I will try to explore the ouskirts of the bowl and LA. It's true, boredom creeps after a few hours there. Unless there are meetups where you can personally meet new people and do different group things, then I don't think going early is all that worth it.

Source: two-time Hollywood bowler hahah.

Guest donghaelove77

Does anybody know anything about picking up tickets from will call? What do you need? Should we go early?

Thanks and I appreciate all the help ahead of time.

Guest miyukix3

Does anybody know anything about picking up tickets from will call? What do you need? Should we go early?

Thanks and I appreciate all the help ahead of time.

I picked up some tickets at the will call booth last year cause my friend in Korea reserved some free tickets for me.

I'm not sure if you're going to need the credit card that you purchased it with (since I didn't have to pay), but for sure you will need a valid ID.. I'm guessing a state ID would be the ideal.

If I remember correctly, they were setting up the will call booth around 12? I picked them up right before I entered the bowl.. which was 5ish... so anytime before that should be okay.

Hope that helped!

♥miyuki

Guest Sushi1124

Great news!!

The block is ready to access by calling 1.800.THE.OMNI (843-6664) and referencing “KMP Korean Music Festival”. KMF rate is 189.00 for standard room..

Not stating this is host hotel ..Korea Times will not release information on host hotel till mid march.

Just know that there are multiple events taking place in the city so rooms will book quickly... So if you are coming from out of town this is good rate for Omni..

Sheraton also has group rate available at 159.00 for KMF... Not sure why both hotels has group block..Maybe for 10th anniversary they are splitting acts between the hotels since there will be so many? Just an assumption on my part.. If anyone finds out please let me know.

With this since Omni is the nicer of the two hotel I'm booking at that hotel..

If anyone else has additional details please let me know.,

Guest seancena

Great news!!

The block is ready to access by calling 1.800.THE.OMNI (843-6664) and referencing “KMP Korean Music Festival”. KMF rate is 189.00 for standard room..

Not stating this is host hotel ..Korea Times will not release information on host hotel till mid march.

Just know that there are multiple events taking place in the city so rooms will book quickly... So if you are coming from out of town this is good rate for Omni..

Sheraton also has group rate available at 159.00 for KMF... Not sure why both hotels has group block..Maybe for 10th anniversary they are splitting acts between the hotels since there will be so many? Just an assumption on my part.. If anyone finds out please let me know.

With this since Omni is the nicer of the two hotel I'm booking at that hotel..

If anyone else has additional details please let me know.,

So both Sheraton and the Omni are offering those rates for KMF? Did you find this information online or you spoke to someone at both the Omni and the Sheraton? Just my initial thought but if they split artists between hotels, that kind of sucks for the fans. Especially since we won't know ahead of time which artists are staying where.

Guest Sushi1124

i personally called both hotels up to verify and they both have blocks for KMF.. Normally hotels do not set up group blocks unless a contract has been signed . The group that is setting up the block has to be responsible for 80% of the block. I also know that Sheraton has a bigger block than Omni.. Not sure what that would mean.. I looked online and web rate for Omni is 259.00 so the 189.00 is a deal.. Sheraton's web rate is 159.00 which is also the group rate. I booked through the Omni figuring maybe that it's better hotel . I'm only speculating that they would br divided that's not confirmed or anything but don't see a reason for 2 group blocks..

Archived