[Announcement] Forum topics are missing

melkimx

updated Jan 6
UPDATE [Jan 6] - Happy Friday! Most of the important (pinned, high post count) topics were restored as of Wednesday, and the rest were done today - from an incomplete log. I just found a bunch of other ones, so I'll be getting those back as well ^^; Thank you for your patience! Important Q - is anyone missing topics from the SELLING & TRADING forum? I'm not sure if these topics are missing, or just closed since Dec. 18.

UPDATE [Jan 3]: Hi all! I've started restoring some missing threads. I'm starting with pinned threads and threads with a lot of posts (1000's), though I'll have to save the biggest ones for last (24,824 posts *gulp*). Thanks so much for your patience, and again, these are from a Dec 18 backup, so any topics and posts created after that date are lost :(

UPDATE [Jan 2]: Hi again. Unfortunately, the latest backup we have access to is from Dec 18 (*facedesk*), so any of the missing topics & related posts created since then are permanently lost (though you may be able to find a cached version on Google if you want to recreate your post). Many many apologies - it was a string of unfortunate events that led to the final outcome. I'm hoping to be able to restore everything from before Dec 18 in the next couple days, though we may need your help in figuring out exactly what is missing. Sorry and thanks for your understanding, and I'll update after the first batch of restores. -soomp

Hi all,

I'm sorry to report that some of our forum topics, as well as all of our announcements, have gone missing. In terms of threads, affected forums include, but are not limited to: rules, news, & feedback; general discussion; members 411; and love & relationships. The Korean entertainment forums seem to be unharmed.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience and are trying to recover the topics.

Apologies for those participating in the holiday present hunt -- that was one of the topics affected. For now, the contest is postponed until we see if we can recover the thread.

Guest canaschristian

i was wondering why the topic was broken all of a sudden =_='

hope the forums will be fixed as soon as possible ^^,

Thank you for the information.  I thought I had gone crazy (or had one too many celebrating last night) when I couldn't find the rules.

People, in certain threads, seem not to know about restriction on the size of photos/images they post because the pages are taking forever to load.  And, there are repetitive messages with nothing about the drama and just thanking people, in the "Fermentation Family" thread.

So, I thought I would share the rules with them.

Happy New Year.

:( Is this a sign of the end of the world!?

Anyways I'm kinda sad because I made an important topic on general discussion and its gone...

My friend noticed that topics made before DEC 27 are lost and topics that were edited by moderators are also lost.

I hope my 411 (and everything else) comes back soon D:

I don't know if it's going to be a problem but last time I checked, my 411 still stated it was made by my previous username (Taeho!) before I changed it to what it is now D:

Can anyone tell me if this matters at all? Haha.

I hope my 411 (and everything else) comes back soon D:

I don't know if it's going to be a problem but last time I checked, my 411 still stated it was made by my previous username (Taeho!) before I changed it to what it is now D:

Can anyone tell me if this matters at all? Haha.

I don't think it matter because it will link to your member id #

Guest knockblock

A few posts I had in the 411 are gone. Especially Killjoys thread. Which I was looking forward to responding to.

Some threads probably aren't going to be recovered. Not to mention those created from Dec. 18 and beyond that got lost on the day this event started. It's a shame.

2012 couldn't have started off in a weird way............

Archived