[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

The Moon Embracing the Sun Blows Up Fiery Storm

At the deep and hidden palace, man and woman who encounter by chance fall in love. Hero is the crown prince of Joseon Dynasty Lee Hwon, while heroin is the daughter of chief educational officer Heo Young Jae. Although once the woman becomes the crown princess is just like true love has a result in the end, but the girl who falls sick and confines to bed passed away. She does not really leave, it’s a conspiracy, from here, the story is just a beginning.

The romantic palace drama is popular? The popularity of MBC drama The Moon that Embraces the Sun is unusual. After setting that record of achieving 18% ratings (AGB Nielson national average) on the premiere episode on January 4th, 2012, the drama ranks first among the dramas broadcast at the same time slot at every subsequent episodes. The original novel of the same name by Jung Eun Gwol also move into the rank of best-selling books. The Moon that Embraces the Sun triggers a ratings boom.

The fictional historical drama The Moon that Embraces the Sun is different from other Wednesday and Thursday drama series from the first episode, achieving ratings of close to 20%. This is thanks to the consecutive success of 2011′s The Princess’ Man and Deep Rooted Tree, broadening the groups watching sageuk.

The fictional dramas based on historical facts such as 1453 Coup (The Princess’ Man) and Hangul creation (Deep-Rooted Tree) were well received by the audience. The Moon that Embraces the Sun which is fictitious from beginning to end also successes without a doubt. Professor Yoon Sik Jin of Chungnam National University explained, “The map of historical drama centers around traditional sageuk expanded a lot in 2011, therefore form an environment that accepts fictional sageuk naturally.”

Especially the younger viewers are even more interested in this “new concept historical drama.” Without constraint by authenticity of history, can imagine and create ending freely. On the message boards, many viewers requested to “let Yeon Woo becomes the queen,” “must let Hwon and Yeon Woo together.”

Only the background of The Moon that Embraces the Sun is set against the backdrop of Joseon Dynasty. The male and female lead characters encounter and fall in love by chance, although the road of their love is bumpy due to objection from the surrounding, but it also lets their love deeper and more romantic. The 4 child stars, Yeo Jin Goo (Lee Hwon), Lim Si Wan (Yeom), Lee Min Ho (Yang Myung) and Lee Won Geun (Woon) become the indispensable flower handsome boy lineup in the trend of drama, capturing the hearts of female viewers on debut.

Breaking the “20-year-old code” funny scene is so as well. The various military scenes of “really selfish gene,” “cold palace man” of guard warrior is really truly a new generation of TV series. The plot of Queen Dowager (Kim Young Ae) who wants to take over the power, and the fantasy element of Yeon Woo falls sick due to spell are also very interesting.

Online message boards have been posted with a lot of thoughts, comments and questions. Like, “Why call Nok Young as state shaman?” “Is there really such a person as friend of crown prince and princess?” and other queries.

The scene of “three select of crown princess” has also sparked controversy. The content of women during Joseon Dynasty who has not selected as crown princess has to live alone for life has appeared in the drama. Professor Yoon said, “After the broadcast, in the process of television age has not been selected as the eldest son of North Korean women candidates Princess jealously guarding its availability should be the content of his life. Allow professors that finding out if it matches the historical facts, the audience feels very interesting, letting audience full of concern for the drama.”

For the drama to be more convincing, tragedy at the end has to be more precise. Drama critic Lee Young Ae commented, “The political conspiracy that turns the love of hero and heroine into a tragedy needs more persuasion.”

via Joongang Daily

credit: asian-drama

Good evening MoonSuners :)

WOW~~~ Teaser of ep.7 The Sun and The Moon is out! cant wait for tomorrow! :w00t:

hopefully i still can watch online streaming on Solive or other online streaming sites... *pray*

Caps of YangMyung Ilwoo-nim on teaser ep.7 :wub:

seems YangMyung is the first seeing Wol aka YeonWoo on the deck..

ep7f.jpg

cr: dcilwoo

Guest jaejoongstolemyheart

Omhg, just saw the preview of ep 7, totally seems like the first chapter of the book.

I can just see the yearn for wol in Hwon's eyes. omfg i can just cry and die already.

And, from the way wol teared from seeing hwon, it totally seems like they followed the story, and that she got back her memory.

Gosh, i'm so excited, hope i can stream it tomorrow.

I freaking can't wait.

MS IS JUST MAKING MY HEART EXPLODE.

ouh!! i cant wait.....kim soo hyun is so great in acting...i can see the chemistry already....cant waittt!! :rolleyes:

Ugh, I so agree. Kim Soo Hyun is blowing me away with his intensity.

Should have known better than to doubt him in this role.

It's just a short preview but you can feel his emotions so strongly.

He's owning this drama <3

The preview for ep. 7 is so intense!!! I'm so excited! Hope Solive won't disappoint me tommorow!!!

So Hwon and Wol finally meet, but Myung is first to spot her... It's breaking my heart already :( He met YW first, he spots Wol first, but he won't have her love....... This second lead syndrome is crazy, man..... I don't want to have second lead syndrome!!! Yang Myung shippers, let's support each other to survive this show, haha :D

Both Il Woo and Soo Hyun are just great in intense scenes!!! So much talents in on show. Ga In looks beautiful... wow! 

EDIT:

I know I'm Il Woo bias, but he's just so handsome!! wub.gif

wol.gif wol2.gif

@aisling hahaha.. XD YangMyung shippers *high 5*

i can't ignoring Kim Soo Hyun either..his 1st appearance on Ep.6 was really remarkable as well that made me.. WOW~~~

King Hwon is a really 'cold' person after the death of YeonWoo. :ph34r:

Jung Ilwoo updated his twitter from the filming set :wub:

촬영중인데.. 눈이 많이와서 잠시 휴식 타임

aj7ivb3cmaah86njpglarge.jpg

cr: twitter ActorJungIlwoo

an hour ago director Song In Hyuk uploaded a picture from the filming set as well.

조명세팅 마무리하고 시작하려니 하늘서 함박눈이 펑펑펑..이럴땐 하나도 반갑지 않다.

aj7z60pcaae3aebjpglarge.jpg

cr: twitter songinhyuk

seems they are still filming thou it's started snowing >,<

Hopefully all the actors and crews stay health *pray*

Thanks for the preview!

Aww, they finally meet! i feel like crying with them..

Honestly, HGI's older looking and bigger face are apparent and disturb me a little, but i can feel her longing towards Hwon and Hwon towards her, so i hope i'll get over it soon. this preview is short anyway, so i shall see how it turns out tomorrow, hopefully i'll be swept in their emotions enough to not be affected by their look. 

i think HGI does have similarity in how KYJ looks, actually most of the actors have a little resemblance to their child counterparts that i feel the producers put that into so much importance they kinda disregard how the actors will look together. its like they are not in the same timeline. the adult Hwon and YM look like after 10 years have passed while the adult Yeonwoo and Bokyoung after 20yrs. anyway, since we cant do anything about this casting, i need to move on, yeah. its just.. sad because the child group were perfect together *sigh* 

well, still cant wait for tomorrow! 

Uploaded at YT

Preview Ep7

Edit :: Kyaaa!! Super exciting!! Can feel their longing for each other~~~*quoted image*

OMG Did Hwon just grabbed Wol??? lksdjzfhkjsdfh my creys!!! that had me spazzing in the last few seconds. Wol cried when she saw  HWON means she was shaken by his presence ughhhh i cant wait to watch it!

i miss his ROYAL SHINYNESS YEOM hehe

92c219e0gw1dpdx2szatgj.jpg

92c219e0gw1dpdxdwow21j.jpg

92c219e0gw1dpdxiy5qsbj.jpg

Well, i never really doubted Kim Soohyun in the first place. Like I've previously stated, I was going to watch this drama either ways. But darn you drama, for coming out when I have to go back to school. -.- I shall have to make sacrifices.

Episode 7 preview got me. It hit me real hard when I saw Wol tearing up. Yay, HGI! I was worried, just a teeny tiny, but the teaser is proving me wrong. Gosh, how am I going to make through school today?! And I thought it was bad when city hunter was airing. T.T

There are so much more I want to say, but it's a hassle to write on this small thing.

this drama is getting really good!!!

i love Han Ga-In n Kim Soohyun!!!

can't wait for them to be together....

i've been following here a long time but first time writing here....

actually now ii'm in my exam week but that doesn't mean i can't follow this drama...

SunMoon hwaiting!!!

Guest monkeyober1

Actually, doesn't it sort of look like in the preview that YM sees Wol first, but she is looking at Hwon? heh, that would be such a great big injustice to YM.

Anyway, I'm pretty satisfied with the preview, but doesn't this shows previews look a little cheap?

w00t.gif  So that preview of ep 7 is the part where Wol runs out to see the Kings procession passing though and when she sees his face, she feels familiarity which makes her confused. (makes her cry?) I'm so excited and spazzing along with everyone else here. laugh.gif The scene where they're sitting down at the table reminds me of the scene in Chapter 1 of Blue's translations. Hwon gets pretty feisty with Wol in that chapter but he's annoyed that she won't answer his questions

Thank you to whoever uploaded the preview clip onto YT! And thanks for pics & links everyone! wub.gif

Well, i never really doubted Kim Soohyun in the first place. Like I've previously stated, I was going to watch this drama either ways. But darn you drama, for coming out when I have to go back to school. -.- I shall have to make sacrifices.

Episode 7 preview got me. It hit me real hard when I saw Wol tearing up. Yay, HGI! I was worried, just a teeny tiny, but the teaser is proving me wrong. Gosh, how am I going to make through school today?! And I thought it was bad when city hunter was airing. T.T

There are so much more I want to say, but it's a hassle to write on this small thing.

I was in the office when I first saw the preview. I am like a crazy little teenager giggling but also cautious as my boss is always around. My work requires concentration yet I can't focus as Hwon and Wol's images keeps distracting me. I remembered a joke between me and my friends during college days. "Studying is really a drawback in playing" now I will change it "WORKING IS REALLY A DRAWBACK IN WATCHING METS! hahhaha!

I am RIGHT! We are really going to see chapter 1 of the novel! The long wait for episode 7 is almost over, if my speculation is right, the "runaway" scene and the kiss will happen in episode 9! Hwahaa!

Going back to the preview, HGI is really beautiful in port scene when YM spotted her. I am also tearing seeing her cry while looking at Hwon. One thing I've noticed, she already managed to use her eyes in emotional scenes! I really really wish METS will be her definite piece. :wub: JIW and KSH are dashing as ever! Love both of them but I decided to ship Hwon and Wol (should I feel guilty for betraying the vampire prosecutor?)

Guest *lyrynne*

^I'm also excited for that runaway and kiss scene! It's my most favorite part in the book! The way it was described was beautiful! Hwon was being playful like a kid. Hide and seek much? I can;t wait!

I forgot to include this on my major spoiler post on the previous page...

Ever since Hwon found out that Wol's the one healing him he became happy. He would pretend that he's having such a bad headache and order his servants to call Wol to heal him (lol). It's been a very long time since his eunuch last saw him smile and laugh. Hwon teases, tell jokes and laughs a lot whenever he's with Wol. Wol doesn't talk that much but she feels Hwon's sincerity. Hwon's happier whenever he makes Wol smile and laugh.

I AM DYING TO SEE THIS HAPPEN IN THE NEXT EPISODES!!! I can imagine Kim soohyun already.

OMG!! I'm reply preview ep.7 many times to watch Hwon and Wol akk Kim Soo Hyun I luv u.

Really hope will have a lot of romantic scene btw Hwon and Wol.

tumblr_lyb97cIfiJ1r13k7bo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lyb97cIfiJ1r13k7bo2_500.jpg

tumblr_lyb97cIfiJ1r13k7bo3_500.jpg

tumblr_lyb97cIfiJ1r13k7bo4_500.jpg

tumblr_lyb97cIfiJ1r13k7bo5_500.jpg

credit:Kim Soo Hyun's DC Gallery

Song Jae Hee, aka older Yeom replied on his twitter to all the criticism about his older looking self in the drama

"My sister suddenly died, and my mother went crazy with the shock. when I came back from being exiled my father passed away...I was the only one who didn't know I was aging excessively.."

43514600.1.jpg

He took it like a good sport, so let's stop criticizing the adult actors.

And honestly, we only saw THIRTY MINUTES of the adult actors and it's not fair to criticize them based on those thirty minutes..

All these actors got their parts because the director and staff saw that they were fit for their roles.

These are the actors who are going to lead the rest of the drama, so no matter how wonderful the children were, we should support the older actors throughout the rest of the drama.

my 2 cents.