[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

To me WOL is a huge temptation that HWON just cannot resist no matter how hard he tries. Whether it be the hormones, physical desire, curiosity, intellect or just the fact that she is a gorgeous resemblence to his lost Crown Princess Yeon Woo, he wants her.Yes there is some misunderstanding that she was a spy etc and sent to kill him but I think it would be more unrealistic for NOT questioning her true motives. IT just is way too coincidental. However even if she was meant to kill him, Hwon seems powerless to resist her. She is the Moon that Embraces the Sun. Even if her memory is gone, her being and presence captures all of HWON. He will give himself completely to Wol/Yeon Woo. I am sure he is torn that he feels this way for another woman that is not Yeon Woo as well. But I hope they will give Wol her memory back sooner than later to stop tormenting our HWON and his manly desires!

To me WOL is a huge temptation that HWON just cannot resist no matter how hard he tries. Whether it be the hormones, physical desire, curiosity, intellect or just the fact that she is a gorgeous resemblence to his lost Crown Princess Yeon Woo, he wants her.Yes there is some misunderstanding that she was a spy etc and sent to kill him but I think it would be more unrealistic for NOT questioning her true motives. IT just is way too coincidental. However even if she was meant to kill him, Hwon seems powerless to resist her. She is the Moon that Embraces the Sun. Even if her memory is gone, her being and presence captures all of HWON. He will give himself completely to Wol/Yeon Woo. I am sure he is torn that he feels this way for another woman that is not Yeon Woo as well. But I hope they will give Wol her memory back sooner than later to stop tormenting our HWON and his manly desires!

Couldn't agree more with you. I think for Hwon growing up knowing and seeing how the politic works in the palace, he really couldn't trust people there. I mean the only 2 he could trust is Woon and HS while the others that he trust (Yeom and YM) are outside the palace. So with his encounter with Wol, I think it torments and torn him inside because there is a spiritual forces that makes him attract to her yet he don't know if there is a ulterior motives coming from her. Plus it torment him that he is attracted to her because it makes him feel betrayed towards his feeling for YW because his feeling is WAIVERING towards another woman.

Hopefully the drama don't prolonged Wol from remember for too long because I don't want to see Hwon be so tormented. And ay, can I say how sad it is to see YM each time with Wol ... with his hope up and it feel like he is going down the same heartbreak road again given that he is encourage by Wol to give up that love in his heart, basically let her go. And I think that when YM decided to let YW go in his heart and falls for Wol, the cycle goes back all over again with him never getting his love recuperated by Wol.

Really just thinking of this, him loving the same person again a second chance and still doesn't have her love really is heartbreaking ... can someone get him another love - another YW, please please please!!!

Episode 10 preview from Koala Playground

Episode 10 Preview from Youtube

Guest Megamissy

I dont understand why people want MGY instead of HGI....HGI is really nailing it and moreover the character she plays, YW is known for being a godess/aka sooo beautiful captivating. In my opinion noone other than HGI fits this role...I like MGY but honestly she is not a beauty in words of captivating. She is pretty but not godess like HGI,

YES! you are right!!

Couldn't agree more with you. I think for Hwon growing up knowing and seeing how the politic works in the palace, he really couldn't trust people there. I mean the only 2 he could trust is Woon and HS while the others that he trust (Yeom and YM) are outside the palace. So with his encounter with Wol, I think it torments and torn him inside because there is a spiritual forces that makes him attract to her yet he don't know if there is a ulterior motives coming from her. Plus it torment him that he is attracted to her because it makes him feel betrayed towards his feeling for YW because his feeling is WAIVERING towards another woman.

My take is that Hwon feels that Wol IS Yeon Woo but aside from the possibility that Wol may be a political tool and/or that she may be just another girl who looks like Yeon Woo, Hwon is more afraid of hoping. His heart basically died with Yeon Woo's death and he can barely cope with the pain. If he hopes again and finally confirms that Wol isn't Yeon Woo, I think he will go berserk. There's just too many emotions and thoughts going through his mind, I would expect Hwon to be a very very tired man. I'm pretty amazed that he can still deal with the politics in court with such a sharp eye. I guess the only thing that keeps him going now is his love for his people.

"The Sun and the Moon" breaks its own ratings record again with 34.5%

MBC drama "The Sun and rhe Moon" broke its own record again.

According to AGB Nielsen Media Research on February 2nd, the Feburary 1st episode of "The Sun and the Moon" hit 34.5%, breaking its previous record of 31.7%.

Having started on the 4th of January with 18%, "The Sun and the Moon" has been hitting an even higher number with each episode, making it the leading drama of Wednesdays and Thursdays.

It broke through 20% by the third episode and broke through 30% on the eighth episode. Some are waiting to see if it will break through 40%.

Meanwhile, SBS's "Take Care of Us, Captain" rated 7.8% and KBS's "Wild Romance" made 4.4%.

Source : http://news.nate.com/view/20120202n03523( Korean )

Credit: HanCinema

I'm with you alexus..if Hwon isn't question Wol I'll be surprised!! What do you do when you woke up seeing someone you didn't know keep wacthing at you? I'll be drop dead..

Hwon is the King of Joseon the king who has been through so much agony..he can't trust and he won't trust any new face..until he finds out that Wol is YW :sweatingbullets:

right now I'm waiting for his MANLY DESIRES you mentioned my friend...Ha Ha

for me..I don't mind HGI she does her job very well..

Moon Sun Fighting

Anyone here can give me the definition of 'The moon that embraces the sun'???

Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this.

The name comes from the hairpin that Hwon gave to Yeon Woo when he secretly came out of the place to see her when she was ill. The hairpin was meant to be given to her after their marriage ceremony, after which she will take her place next to Hwon as his wife. He gave the hairpin that name because it was made in the image of a phoenix (which had a white stone on its head) embracing a red stone, hence the moon embracing the sun (i.e. white is moon, red is sun).

The name also ties in with the moon and sun analogy which the drama draws upon and the fate of Yeon Woo (the moon), which is to protect (hence the embracing action) Hwon (the sun).

There may be other aspects to it but I have no clue about them so if someone would be kind enough to add on haha.

Basically, scientists will tell you that we need both the Sun and the Moon. We cannot do without one or the other. The Sun and Moon have to both be in their right places or else there will be chaos in the world. So together, they help to balance the world and in a sense, help the people achieve a better life. We see this is the 1st (i think) episode where Hwon first met Yeon Woo and they have their chat and Yeon Woo rattles on about the inequality of social classes, thereby showing Hwon the world "out there" and what he should and can do for his people. It is also perhaps this little chat that Hwon keeps dearly in mind, and has been trying to do his best for his people after Yeon woo's death, partly for his love of his people and partly for Yeon Woo. And we all know that we need the Sun for there to be life so Yeon Woo's job is VERY important.

Also, the Moon reflects the Sun's radiance so without Hwon, Yeon Woo will not shine. In this sense, her talents are wasted ans she cannot help her country because she has no power to do so (which is the same case with Yeom right now).

Im not disappointed nor upset about Hwon's attitude towards Wol, when he ordered to take her out the palace. Who wouldn't be suspicious when you wake up in the middle of the night with a stranger in your room touching your forehead, of course he would think someone is plotting against him and using her as tool. Hwon could have ordered to give her a heavy or severe punishment, but instead he just ordered them to chase her out the palace, because he was conflicting with his emotion on weather to believe her or not. I would be disappointed if he would not raise any suspicion at all.

KSH, yelling/ hollering was totally hot. How can he be so smoking hot while yelling? Call me crazy, but I would love to see and hear more yelling scene..

Guest flowerboyramyunshop_FB

"The Sun and the Moon" breaks its own ratings record again with 34.5%

MBC drama "The Sun and rhe Moon" broke its own record again.

According to AGB Nielsen Media Research on February 2nd, the Feburary 1st episode of "The Sun and the Moon" hit 34.5%, breaking its previous record of 31.7%.

Having started on the 4th of January with 18%, "The Sun and the Moon" has been hitting an even higher number with each episode, making it the leading drama of Wednesdays and Thursdays.

It broke through 20% by the third episode and broke through 30% on the eighth episode. Some are waiting to see if it will break through 40%.

Meanwhile, SBS's "Take Care of Us, Captain" rated 7.8% and KBS's "Wild Romance" made 4.4%.

Source : http://news.nate.com.../20120202n03523( Korean )

Credit: HanCinema

so Han Ga In , the birthday girl will bring more snacks on the set !!  BTS of HGI from Jone Plus

430268_318023451568186_157264667644066_871252_1614191002_n.jpg

MBC

397200_179902392115833_152170751555664_247119_892885108_n.jpg

397200_179902392115833_152170751555664_247119_892885108_n.jpg

399845_179902212115851_152170751555664_247118_1388506670_n.jpg

to azuwaza163 your convo with your hubby is a WINNER !! :D

On our way to office this morning, in the car.

Hubby :: I didn’t hear you coming up to bed last night. What time you finished your MoonSun studying ?

Me :: Around 1 am.

Hubby :: How many times did you re-run last nite ep?

Me :: Twice.

Hubby :: Yeah right. Bite me.

Me :: Fine. 3 and half.

Hubby :: So did they kiss already?

Me :: No.

Hubby :: What happened with the epic-pining-her-to-the-mattress thingy?

Me :: He’s a paranoid king who can’t get over his first love and only trust 2 person in this world. So he thot Wol is a spy. [And I continue …..] Just when they finally had their moment alone, that queen came.

Hubby :: Now I know where the “stupid woman” chanting came from. So you’re watching for nothing? Not even a hug ?

Me :: He did hugged her. Technically. Give him time. He’s a confused man with a lot of pain.

Hubby :: Pushing her down doesn’t count as hugging. Still can’t believe he still didn’t have his lips on her.

Me :: Ya! That’s gross. Hish! Chinca!

Hubby :: What ? Love should involve skinship, right ? I know he’s confused and all, but you said yourself the girl is like 100% photocopy of the dead girlfriend. Shouldn’t there be some moves? He must be a very pious man to able to control himself. I know I’m not.

Me :: It’s complicated. You should watch, then only you know how hard it is for him.

Hubby :: Tonite you have another ep right ? I’ll watch with you. Then, I’ll decide whether it is complicated or not.

(Meanwhile, MoonSun OST is running for 5th time)

Hubby :: Can we change songs ? I love you and all, but this is torture.

Me :: I love you and all, but NO.

Seriously! They need to kiss tonight! Please !

Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this.

The name comes from the hairpin that Hwon gave to Yeon Woo when he secretly came out of the place to see her when she was ill. The hairpin was meant to be given to her after their marriage ceremony, after which she will take her place next to Hwon as his wife. He gave the hairpin that name because it was made in the image of a phoenix (which had a white stone on its head) embracing a red stone, hence the moon embracing the sun (i.e. white is moon, red is sun).

The name also ties in with the moon and sun analogy which the drama draws upon and the fate of Yeon Woo (the moon), which is to protect (hence the embracing action) Hwon (the sun).

I totally agree with you with a little romantic twist ;)

I was so moved when Hwon gave the hairpin to Yeon Woo. I remember being totally blown away by his gift. It really showed me the true character of HWON even as a young Crown Prince. IT reminded me of how humble his love for her was. Typically if my memory serves me correct the Moon is visible from the reflection of the Sun. Without the Sun, we wouldn't even see the Moon in the night sky.

I think the Queen is represented by the moon in my mind because she is to be a reflection of the KING.

But in Hwon's gift to Yeon Woo the QUEEN/MOON is represented by the white pearl on the head of the phoenix and The KING/SUN is represented by the red stone. The pearled phoenix Embraces the Sun with it's wings completely and actually is kissing the sun.

I felt Hwon wanted Yeon Woo to know that he is completely giving himself to her. Not just part of him but ALL of himself.

EMBRACED by her LOVE, her WISDOM, her GRACE. Hence the whole reason now why Hwon is completely powerless to resist Wol. To HWON whether he can sense it or not:

Yeon Woo/Wol is the MOON (QUEEN/PEARL) THAT EMBRACES (PHOENIX WRAPPING THE RED STONE/KING) THE SUN.

Of course being a Hwon+Yeon Woo shipper, I could be reading way too much into the hairpin but it just makes it so much more romantic to brainwash myself this way. Please don't shoot me. Just a fangirl for Jin GU and KSH!! :sweatingbullets:

Guest Megamissy

On our way to office this morning, in the car.

Hubby :: I didn’t hear you coming up to bed last night. What time you finished your MoonSun studying ?

Me :: Around 1 am.

Hubby :: How many times did you re-run last nite ep?

Me :: Twice.

Hubby :: Yeah right. Bite me.

Me :: Fine. 3 and half.

Hubby :: So did they kiss already?

Me :: No.

Hubby :: What happened with the epic-pining-her-to-the-mattress thingy?

Me :: He’s a paranoid king who can’t get over his first love and only trust 2 person in this world. So he thot Wol is a spy. [And I continue …..] Just when they finally had their moment alone, that queen came.

Hubby :: Now I know where the “stupid woman” chanting came from. So you’re watching for nothing? Not even a hug ?

Me :: He did hugged her. Technically. Give him time. He’s a confused man with a lot of pain.

Hubby :: Pushing her down doesn’t count as hugging. Still can’t believe he still didn’t have his lips on her.

Me :: Ya! That’s gross. Hish! Chinca!

Hubby :: What ? Love should involve skinship, right ? I know he’s confused and all, but you said yourself the girl is like 100% photocopy of the dead girlfriend. Shouldn’t there be some moves? He must be a very pious man to able to control himself. I know I’m not.

Me :: It’s complicated. You should watch, then only you know how hard it is for him.

Hubby :: Tonite you have another ep right ? I’ll watch with you. Then, I’ll decide whether it is complicated or not.

(Meanwhile, MoonSun OST is running for 5th time)

Hubby :: Can we change songs ? I love you and all, but this is torture.

Me :: I love you and all, but NO.

Seriously! They need to kiss tonight! Please !

That was a good one!

the thing that made me tear up the most was yeon woo's mother's acting. I think , more than anticipating yeon woo and hwon's reunion, I am anticipating a mother-daughter one more. Oh, when when when will the meet again?

My heart was aching for yang myung! It's such a pity he couldn't be with her when they were younger and now when they are older.

It's also funny how 'wol' thinks she has 'powers' but they are actually just her memories.

Oh, I'm also anticipating more scenes with the other side characters, like seol, woon, yeom. I wonder if woon will be suspicious of seol , if they do meet/?

I know we all have our opinions, views etc, but I think we should give them credit for the show. If you have so many complaints why do you continue to watch. Obviously, they are doing their job to make you continue watching. I miss the kid actors but at the same time I now believe in the adult actors and by far they are doing a fantastic job. You can keep making complaints on who should play the part, of course that would be a waste of time because the adult cast has been chosen.

Guest show2007

Bravo performance for HGI today. I ship for Hwon and YW/Wol but I heart Yang Myung. What a tragic character? Who received no "love" from his parents, can't get close to his brother, live like a shadow inside the palace, who has no desire but just want to receive the love from YW. I almost cry during his conversation with his mom and Wol.

@ Alexus, I agree with you. A normal person will freak out if a complete stranger sit next to me while I am sleeping. And we are talking about a King here...of cos' he needs to question her. "But he should questions the other as well..oh well"

Hown is not his own self, he built a wall between himself and the others, he knows that no one he can trust after his beloved YW is gone. Deep inside he really wants to go back to his own self therefore, he couldn't resist when he sees Wol...I don't think he sees Wol as YW but she has the same personality as Wol and he finds the comfort through her (in which he couldn't explain why). Are they talking about the extention here? As long as the story is not dragging, I have no problem with that.

Guest flowerboyramyunshop_FB

I know we all have our opinions, views etc, but I think we should give them credit for the show. If you have so many complaints why do you continue to watch. Obviously, they are doing their job to make you continue watching. I miss the kid actors but at the same time I now believe in the adult actors and by far they are doing a fantastic job. You can keep making complaints on who should play the part, of course that would be a waste of time because the adult cast has been chosen.

i think it is about time for moonsuners to move on and appreciate what was laid on the table, bringing the fact that the actors/actress , particularly the adult casts are painstakingly enduring the cold weather (it's snowing hard right now in seoul) in order to cope up with the liveshooting. furthermore, the adult casts are gradually proving themselves , owning the roles set for them.

from asian drama

The MBC sageuk drama The Moon Embracing the Sun breaks its own highest ratings record again, while Take Care of Us, Captain and Wild Romance broadcast at the same time remain at single-digit ratings.

According to newest released statistics from AGB Nielsen Media Research on February 2nd, 2012, the rating for episode 9 of The Moon that Embraces the Sun broadcast on February 1st, 2012 hits 34.5%, rose sharply from the last episode’s rating of 31.7% by 2.8%. The excellent performance of Han Ga In in the drama has completely quiet down the call into question by viewers about her acting.

After starting the premiere on January 4th, 2012 with 18% rating, The Moon that Embraces the Sun has been breaking a higher rating number with each new episode. If it can maintain such a trend, the drama is expected to break 40% ratings barrier soon to become the national drama series that lives up to reputation.

Opposite with the hot broadcast of The Moon that Embraces the Sun, SBS’s Take Care of Us, Captain and KBS’s Wild Romance which aired at the same time have their ratings stop at single digit, with their ratings on February 1st, 2012 to be 7.8% and 4.4.% respectively, not even half of the ratings of The Moon that Embraces the Sun even if adding together.

via TVDaily

395682_179912582114814_152170751555664_247124_988835661_n.jpg

I am also curious as to who will be the one to reveal that wol is yeon woo.

1.We know that seol and the shaman NK know who she really is. but not going to reveal it.

2. Hwon is trying to investigate who exactly wol is. But since there is no records of her, there is no way he can find who she is? Even when he approaches shaman nk, she does not spill the truth to him.

3.Wol is trying to bring her memories back but she is not going to tell due to her gratefulness towards nk shaman.

4.Ym has an inkling that wol is yw. He just see her as another girl with yw's characteristics.

Ratings up bynearly 3.5%. Hgi is really doing her best. I liked her in the scene when she is about to be tattoed. Her emotions, fear, tears when the punishment was stopped. Superb. No words for Ksy. Mindblowing acting. Jiw - I am not able to take off thecha chi soo character of his, from my mind. Nonetheless, I liked how he attacked the queen dowager orally. Nice one.

Looking forward tonite's episode.

METS fighting!!!!!!