[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Oldsoul, there is nothing more perfect in your post than your name. It really suits you well! :D

I absolutely agree regarding YW character. Actually, Heo family is figuratively and literally living a life of a true noble. I admire and look up to their family’s principles in life. I love how the mother told YW that though MW has committed a crime against her, don’t forget that about the child in her womb etc.

BTW, do you guys notice that YW’s father is actually Park Shin Hye’s father in heartstring????

I guess we all love this drama despite its flaws because deep inside us is still a child who longs for a fairytale, something we cannot really outgrew. :wub::wub:

@kelcy: here is the link for the kiss bts, credit to the uploader BTS EP 20 KISS

The Sun and the Moon’…. The Musical?

2012-03-20 10:26 l CJ E&M enewsWorld Stewart Ho

http://www.enewsworld.com/enews/conte..

Good news for fans of MBC’s smash hit drama, The Sun and the Moon as you may soon be able to relive the dramatic plotline in the form of a musical.

Paran Media, the publisher for the original novel from which the hit drama was based on, revealed that it is currently in discussion with MBC and other companies to turn the story into a musical.

According to a source from MBC Global Business division, “Just as the drama was broadcast through MBC, we would like to produce a musical as well.”

The original author of the novel, Jung Eun Kwol, is also showing his support for creating a musical.

Paran Media added, “Author Jung Eun Kwon has a lot of affection for The Sun and the Moon. Just as the drama version of The Sun and the Moon received a lot of love he thinks a musical should be made of the same caliber.”

Another historic drama, KBS’ Sungkyunkwan Scandal has already gone into production and is likely to come out as a musical by the end of the year.

Photo credit: MBC

http://www.enewsworld.com/Upload/News/Contents/50283727.jpg

Guest old soul

100% agree with you. liking something is so subjective. good for you maybe not for others. it's a subjective things and like you I just cant really fully put explaining on why i love this drama so much. introduce it to my sister, since we both didnt quite like sageuk drama, we have become fans... >_<

we discuss about this drama when we have time... i just love it. :wub: other than Secret Garden, i cant think of other drama that can win my heart as much as this drama and secret garden did.

sorry for cutting your post. I like how you wrote about YeonWoo character. yep at the very last scene of YW and Princess MW, she definitely shows her strong, determination, smart personality and to sum up all your thoughts on YW, this is why they called the drama "THE MOON THAT EMBRACES THE SUN". Her presence to the Sun which make him stronger :D

yep the simplicity and the general concept of the drama also what I think the reason why this drama is the National Drama. People just like to watch it because they didnt have to think to much and the romance from it also become the attraction of this drama ^_^

MBC Sketch video from the Farewell Party

and yes like others, I still cant get over this drama yet... :(

I'm missing it so much. still lurking here and bestiz :lol:

I agree, and what's nice is that it doesn't pretend to be anything but a simple love story with a happy ending. We kinda knew where it was headed, but we enjoyed the journey on how it got there just as much as our "and they lived happily ever after".

Oldsoul, there is nothing more perfect in your post than your name. It really suits you well! :D

I absolutely agree regarding YW character. Actually, Heo family is figuratively and literally living a life of a true noble. I admire and look up to their family’s principles in life. I love how the mother told YW that though MW has committed a crime against her, don’t forget that about the child in her womb etc.

BTW, do you guys noticed that YW’s father is actually Park Shin Hye’s father in heartstring????

I guess we all love this drama despite its flaws because deep inside us is still a child who long for a fairytale, something we cannot really outgrew. :wub::wub:

Thank you, gabjumz!

Wouldn't the world be a better place if there were more people like the Heo family?

Yes, I did notice that YW's dad is a familiar face. I have seen him in other dramas as well. The drama had a great ensemble of talented veteran actors/actresses.

very well said :D ...

*hihihi* 1001 reasons ???? :P i can make a list of every single moment from every single episode ... "things i like about TMTETS" ..

Yeah, Love is everlasting topic. So why i am so in love with this drama is it is about everlasting love.

I guess we all love this drama despite its flaws because deep inside us is still a child who long for a fairytale, something we cannot really outgrew. :wub::wub:

I agree, and what's nice is that it doesn't pretend to be anything but a simple love story with a happy ending. We kinda knew where it was headed, but we enjoyed the journey on how it got there just as much as our "and they lived happily ever after".

Hehe.. we are at the same frequency/wavelength, I guess the answer to “Why we enjoyed TMTETS so much” – It’s because of the everlasting fairy tale love story with happily ever after endings (At least for our OTP couple).

BTW – please excuse my crappy Ingilish. It is not my language

Guest silverstarach

Thank you everyone for the updates, videos, pics, MVs, BTS and all the interesting stories, comments and thoughts.

TMETS forum has truly helped me go through the past three months with so much fun and informative whilst waiting for the english subs..

The common enjoyment we get from TMETS is truly nice to share..

The coming time, will be heading to Rooftop Prince to support, who knows might see some familiar faces there :)

Have a truly blessed day! :wub:

looks like the room is still in " Hot " discussions about the flaws of this drama? hehehehe... no offense, ok?

it just, why is everybody looks so serious when you're watching a drama? not only MoonSun... I mean, let's enjoy the euphoria of each drama that you watch. Don't ruin other's mood by keep complaining or comparing between 1 drama with other dramas. it's a never ending debate...and at the end you'll get upset, angry and the ruin / change all the soompiers in the forum. it's entertainment, people...they exists to fool us...hehehehe.... why don't we just keep on dreaming, since it's free of charge and makes you feel happier :)

my reason for join in a thread is to get entertain myself, not for upsetting myself. it really depressing when you found a great place then suddenly become unpleasant anymore....the thread / blog is my guilty pleasures from my sucks daily life.

*peaaccceee*

regards,

Yeon Woo

(Queen of Joseon and Hwon's woman... :lol: )

^ :sweatingbullets: Sorry Peipei - I didn't mean to complaint or find fault.

You know what :ph34r: I think the flaws is actually the idea of the PD and writer :ph34r::ph34r:

They want us to continue to talk about TMTETS even after it ends.

BTW another person I like so much is the Eunuch - Hyeon Seong? (I always wrote his name wrongly). He is the 2nd person that I like in this drama. He is the closest person (next to YW) to your highness and when he grin it's sorta contagious and I would start grinning too. The comedic relief in this drama is spontaneous and you won't expect it.. like in eps 20 - I was wondering why Chonnnaaa sort of lost interest (when YW said she hid a present). I wonder what happening? Then he started playing Gayageum - kekekekkekek, I laugh so hard, it was so so funny. It never cross my mind. KSH expression was priceless and when he threw the gayageum away, I literally rolled on the floor laughing my head off... kekekeke..

I guess what I like most is this little scene, which may seem not important to some but these scenes make Hwon and Hyeon Seon attached to my heart. when I think about both of them I would start smilling and eventually giggled...

historical-romantic-comedy - hisromcom - new type of drama - we have melo, we have romcom we have historical and now we hisromcom

I hope we can see more of this type of drama in future.

^ :sweatingbullets: Sorry Peipei - I didn't mean to complaint or find fault.

You know what :ph34r: I think the flaws is actually the idea of the PD and writer :ph34r::ph34r:

They want us to continue to talk about TMTETS even after it ends.

BTW another person I like so much is the Eunuch - Hyeon Seong? (I always wrote his name wrongly). He is the 2nd person that I like in this drama. He is the closest person (next to YW) to your highness and when he grin it's sorta contagious and I would start grinning too. The comedic relief in this drama is spontaneous and you won't expect it.. like in eps 20 - I was wondering why Chonnnaaa sort of lost interest (when YW said she hid a present). I wonder what happening? Then he started playing Gayageum - kekekekkekek, I laugh so hard, it was so so funny. It never cross my mind. KSH expression was priceless and when he threw the gayageum away, I literally rolled on the floor laughing my head off... kekekeke..

I guess what I like most is this little scene, which may seem not important to some but these scenes make Hwon and Hyeon Seon attached to my heart. when I think about both of them I would start smilling and eventually giggled...

historical-romantic-comedy - hisromcom - new type of drama - we have melo, we have romcom we have historical and now we hisromcom

I hope we can see more of this type of drama in future.

Hello Bambiina,

nice to meet you :)

no need feel sorry... hahaha... no worries for me..

I, 1000 % agree about HS (the eunuch)... I think he is the HERO in this drama. I always expecting what his next action kekekekekek...

Hwon with Gayageum ?? the best funny scenes of the whole drama.... i re-play this scenes...thousand times and always cracking up.. and the rock n roll face of HS... also DAEBAK !! hahaha

@ Kelcy,

isn't cool? YW...Queen of Joseon and Hwon's woman... :lol:

looks like the room is still in " Hot " discussions about the flaws of this drama? hehehehe... no offense, ok?

it just, why is everybody looks so serious when you're watching a drama? not only MoonSun... I mean, let's enjoy the euphoria of each drama that you watch. Don't ruin other's mood by keep complaining or comparing between 1 drama with other dramas. it's a never ending debate...and at the end you'll get upset, angry and the ruin / change all the soompiers in the forum. it's entertainment, people...they exists to fool us...hehehehe.... why don't we just keep on dreaming, since it's free of charge and makes you feel happier :)

my reason for join in a thread is to get entertain myself, not for upsetting myself. it really depressing when you found a great place then suddenly become unpleasant anymore....the thread / blog is my guilty pleasures from my sucks daily life.

*peaaccceee*

regards,

Yeon Woo

Bwhahahhahaha!

You got me there Yeon Woo! lol! You really got to be depressed reading previous posts as most complaints are more of your character! bwhahahhaha! :P:P

Actually, the discussion has been more "healthier" compared to those times way back then since almost everybody left here are the drama's lovers! hehehhe! No more complaint eh! Just merely missing this drama.

I've been going through severe withdrawal syndrome for TMETS that I can't even enjoy watching SPEEDO or any other drama. :(:(

Bwhahahhahaha!

You got me there Yeon Woo! lol! You really got to be depressed reading previous posts as most complaints are more of your character! bwhahahhaha! :P:P

Actually, the discussion has been more "healthier" compared to those times way back then since almost everybody left here are the drama's lovers! hehehhe! No more complaint eh! Just merely missing this drama.

I've been going through severe withdrawal syndrome for TMETS that I can't even enjoy watching SPEEDO or any other drama. :(:(

yea... the recent discussions waaaayyyy "healthier" than previous post... hahaha.... don't ask me about the previous posts, too depressing... I skipped most of it...If I see a long post from unfamiliar name... I scroll down immediately... hehehehe... yeaa...hate me .. i don't care

hahaha... even SPEEDO can't recover you too?? I don't even watch the latest eps...noo..not yet ready...that's why i don't put any comment in there... I hate myself for this severe syndrome.. here I am.. lurking like a lunatic in this quite place.. barking all alone... hahahaha...

yea... the recent discussions waaaayyyy "healthier" than previous post... hahaha.... don't ask me about the previous posts, too depressing... I skipped most of it...If I see a long post from unfamiliar name... I scroll down immediately... hehehehe... yeaa...hate me .. i don't care

hahaha... even SPEEDO can't recover you too?? I don't even watch the latest eps...noo..not yet ready...that's why i don't put any comment in there... I hate myself for this severe syndrome.. here I am.. lurking like a lunatic in this quite place.. barking all alone... hahahaha...

hahhaha! I skipped most of the parts debating regarding MW's guilt or whatever posts regarding her character and about HGI's acting. It is kinda tiring, it is okey to post but it has become a cycle as in at least every week the same topic has been brought up (though by a different people) hehhehe!

I tried to watch SPEEDO yesterday but I gave up then I tried FK yet I can't seem to enjoy it though I like YAI. haaay! If there is one thing beneficial about this withdrawal syndrome is that, I finished some work yesterday by staying up practically the whole night! siggghhh! I can't sleep lastnight and I've stayed up to 3AM!

i don't think I can let go of this thread or drama for quite sometime.. hehehhe!

Guest Meenzer99

I see... He is a lefy?..OMG, he is my soul mate....I love lefy... Lefy guys are romantic..wahahahah. Anyway his "awkwardness" with the sword does not make any differrence, He is an excellent actor - Rare (cause he can pull of comedic act easily).

Some random thoughts on how to enjoy a drama (padhari below comment not referring to you or anyone ^_^ just some random tots)

To enjoy a drama I guess I should not compare it with other drama (that I love so much). Comparison will just spoil everything because I would just focus on the negative side instead of the positive side. I tend to find fault and compare with a drama that I like. I was so crazy of Full house back in year 2004. So I compare every romcom drama to FH and of course everything was not as good as FH ^_^... Hehhehe... Bias bias bias... Anyway I stop doing that a long time ago and just focus on the drama that I watch at that time and not compare it with anything. To me every drama has it's up and down, flaws and also speciality or unique.

I love TMTETS because it is simple and I don't have to think a lot. Unlike some historical drama, if you start in the middle you would be lost since too many twist and turn in the previous episodes. So you have to start from the first eps to fully understand. I guess this was one of the reason you see the rating for TMTETS increased weekly. So this mean you can just jump in the middle and you would still get the gist.

Some like a complicated historical drama... Some like easy and simple and focus more on romance. I like TMTETS because of the chemistry between YW and LH. I love the fact that this drama focus more on the OTP instead of politic (I hate politic). Also I love how the PD make the King appeared soooooooo intelligent and full of wit. KSH is one fine actor to be able to potray all that (he is 23 years old and he is consider still new in this field and yet he can pull it of perfectly). The plot is simple and you can just jump in the ship anytime and you would still enjoy it. it's far from perfect but it has it's own speciality which different from other historical drama.

I love all the lines when the King addressed his ministers. every conversation is interesting and full of wit. that what make TMTETS special. The King mocking his minister.... I so so so love every scenes. I love the script. I love when the King is sarcastic... This is the "extra" thing in TMTETS that does not exist in other historical drama... This is the difference.

During the child part - I love the innocent feeling between the prince and his princess to be. When he grew up, I love the way he handles thing esp with the Minister.

Heheh... I don't know what I am mumbling about hehehehe... Anyway enjoy TMTETS with open mind and don't compare it with anything.

But I am still not happy that my King doesn't fight ^_^ - I yem stubborn

I absolutely agree with you. I love everything in TMETS, especially the scenes between Hwon and YW wub.gif I really, really enjoy it; during the show, I had cried so hard(at sad scenes),laughing(funny scenes with H and SH), giggling and blushing(at H&YW scenes). I could see the chemistry sparks between H and YW adult clearly. I hope they make a TMETS movie with KSH and HGI as H and YW again wub.gif

Thank god I was not here during the "complaining era" ... I complaint a lot too... heheh but my complaint is full of love for TMTETS. You won't know for sure I am complaining or actually complimenting... :phew:

I always jump in the middle of a drama so mostly I enter the thread when everything seem to cool down. It's better this way or else I will be nonstop typing replying to all condemning post.... :lol: and also some may hate my constant nagging when something is wrong...

So I am always a new bie to the thread.

I have to agree Peipei - true hero in TMTETS is Hyeon Seon.

To those that read the book/manga/novel?

Is the Queen Dowager, Hwon real grandmother? When my sis ask me "How come his own grandmother tries to harm his grandson?" So I made up the story that Queen Dowager is actually Hwon grandmother sister. I told her "Like me and you, your son becomes the King because I don't have a son, by right the King should be my son since I am married to the eldest son that is the former King and you are married to my husband younger brother so your son's son, is Hwon and since the King should be from my family, I am trying to match your son's son to someone from my side of relative" and my sister complaint - "Why la your explanation so difficult - not son's son - Grandson" and I grin like the eunuch... heeeehh - that is why I don't like complicated maze like drama.

So anyway my sis bot the story and she didn't know until now that I made that up since there is no other logical explanation (normally grandma would not care who becomes the king as long as he's her kin).

Guest pansy

I mean, let's enjoy the euphoria of each drama that you watch. Don't ruin other's mood by keep complaining or comparing between 1 drama with other dramas. it's a never ending debate...and at the end you'll get upset, angry and the ruin / change all the soompiers in the forum. it's entertainment, people...they exists to fool us...hehehehe.... why don't we just keep on dreaming, since it's free of charge and makes you feel happier :)

*peaaccceee*

regards,

Yeon Woo

yeaaah .. i can see certain people still can not accept why this drama more popular than the other one ...

*siiigh* ... reality bites, huh :P

peipei78

this is soooo ... me .... ^_^

anyway ... i have a question about Nok Young .. in ep. 20, when she did that ceremonial spirit thing ... is she offering herself as a kind of amulet that absorbed the evil spirits ?

... same like YW supposed to do with Hwon ... and also the red & white clothes, similar rite ? and .. is that why she died ? because being an amulet .. and have to absorb tons of evil from granny & Yoon only already enough to drain your soul, rite ?

regards,

the order of the Moon

Yeon Woo army :P