[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Dear my dearest MoonSun friends, million thanks for wishes and prayers! Love wub.gif! [Owh, btw, it's our first smile.gif]

Just want to share some thoughts. 

First, people were skeptical why KSH is the lead, not JIW, since well, JIW has more successful dramas under his belt and definitely larger fanbase.

[but KSH proves that he IS the owner of Hwon's character and JIW definitely shines as Yang Myung]

Impression vs Reality score = 0-1

Second, HGI's selection as the female lead caused national headlines :: Nuna is too old for young King. Nuna is not a sageuk queen. It should be Moon Chae Woon. It should be Moon Geun Young.

[Despite criticism, hands down, she is one the most beautiful crowned princesses sageuk dramas have ever seen and to many, she delivers the job as brilliant as KSH does. And she's sooo NOT looking 30. And I don't think neither 2 Moons above can match her. At least not as Yeon Woo]

Impression vs Reality score = 0-1

Third, MoonSun storyline is full of loopholes. Especially the romance part. The Princess' Man is better.

[i was an active member at TPM thread. Love the show. Great love story. Re-watch the drama twice. But do I make comparison between these 2? Absolutely not. It's like comparing Disney's Cinderella & Sleeping Beauty. Do people do that? No. Coz both cartoons have their own charm, own sets of stories. And yes, people love both. Watch both too. TPM and TMETS, for me, are special in their own way. So yes, I don't compare]

Comparison Required vs Heck! Don't Compare score = 0-1

Fourth, again MoonSun storyline is full of loopholes. What's with the ding-dong about extension? YM's character is draggy. Yeom is wasted. What the heck Shaman Mommy is doing? The only beautiful standby-der is Woon. And yes, why I don't feel chemistry between KSH & HGI?

[Well, hubby always said, for every perfect picture, there's always flaws. That's what makes them perfect. For me, this drama leaves a warm feeling. Touches many hearts. Brings out new perspectives about love. It is perfect until today. Despite many flaws people have mentioned. Imagine if it was done another way around? And suddenly that another way around is wayyyy sucker than what it is now. Will we pray to turn back time? I'd say, when things are already perfect, don't hope for more. Just hope for it to last until the end. Haish. The rating is 51.6% for goodness sake.]

That Way is Better vs This Way is Perfect Enough score = 0-1

P/S : We welcome all opinions and thoughts but I think we need to know the right timing when to post it. And how to post it. Sometimes, our choices of words might've been misinterpreted by readers. So let's just be open heart and mind about it eh? 

P/S/S : Dear PD, I know that you need some break, need to fight for your right. But leaving an unfinished business, is that ethical ? Or even professional? We're only 2 episodes away. Don't go ruin the audiences' hope and more importantly your teams, crews and actors' spirit who have been working so hard. Haish. 

Honestly, I can't believe that this is the last week got mets, and pd decides to go on strike. Man, such good timing! Going to disappoint alot of fans. Didn't MBC reward staff with a lump sum of $$? Anyone have the details about the strike? This totally sux if they delay the last episodes.

Basically this is the reason :

Unions at three leading broadcasters agreed Monday to stage a joint strike against what they claim is interference in reporting from politically biased management.

Episode 20 is currently filming, but it will be a rushed episode (considering that during the normal circumstances, goofs and continuity are issues already) , only two days more to go before THURSDAY ! :o

@azuwaza163 miss you unnie. Congratulations! ^_^ Please take care of yourself and your baby.. You guys are indeed MOONSUN couple :D

OMG! the news of the last 2 episodes of this drama... I always pray that the strike wont affect this drama, I guess it just did. I just hope they wont cancel the last 2 episodes just like that. DAMN! this strike was indeed pretty serious. I really hope it can resolve soon but I highly doubt about it. the last time MBC on strike also lasted quite long. as an international viewer, of course i felt quite disappointed on this matter however looks like from this time around, the strike is pretty serious to deal in a small amount of time. as this strike involving political sentiments, i seriously highly doubt it will end soon but i still hope it does or will out of miracle end and resolve this matter sooner... :(

ARTICLE REGARDING THE STRIKE

Guest Summer150721

Dear my dearest MoonSun friends, million thanks for wishes and prayers! Love *quoted image*! [Owh, btw, it's our first *quoted image*]

First, people were skeptical why KSH is the lead, not JIW, since well, JIW has more successful dramas under his belt and definitely larger fanbase.

[but KSH proves that he IS the owner of Hwon's character and JIW definitely shines as Yang Myung]

Second, HGI's selection as the female lead caused national headlines :: Nuna is too old for young King. Nuna is not a sageuk queen. It should be Moon Chae Woon. It should be Moon Geun Young.

[Despite criticism, hands down, she is one the most beautiful crowned princesses sageuk dramas have ever seen and to many, she delivers the job as brilliant as KSH does. And she's sooo NOT looking 30. And I don't think neither 2 Moons above can match her. At least not as Yeon Woo]

Third, MoonSun storyline is full of loopholes. Especially the romance part. The Princess' Man is better.

[i was an active member at TPM thread. Love the show. Great love story. Re-watch the drama twice. But do I make comparison between these 2? Absolutely not. It's like comparing Disney's Cinderella & Sleeping Beauty. Do people do that? No. Coz both cartoons have their own charm, own sets of stories. And yes, people love both. Watch both too. TPM and TMETS, for me, are special in their own way. So yes, I don't compare]

Fourth, again MoonSun storyline is full of loopholes. What's with the ding-dong about extension? YM's character is draggy. Yeom is wasted. What the heck Shaman Mommy is doing? The only beautiful standby-der is Woon. And yes, why I don't feel chemistry between KSH & HGI?

[Well, hubby always said, for every perfect picture, there's always flaws. That's what makes them perfect. For me, this drama leaves a warm feeling. Touches many hearts. Brings out new perspectives about love. It is perfect until today. Despite many flaws people have mentioned. Imagine if it was done another way around? And suddenly that another way around is wayyyy sucker than what it is now. Will we pray to turn back time? I'd say, when things are already perfect, don't hope for more. Just hope for it to last until the end. Haish. The rating is 51.6% for goodness sake.]

P/S : We welcome all opinions and thoughts but I think we need to know the right timing when to post it. And how to post it. Sometimes, our choices of words might've been misinterpreted by readers. So let's just be open heart and mind about it eh? 

P/S/S : Dear PD, I know that you need some break, need to fight for your right. But leaving an unfinished business, is that ethical ? Or even professional? We're only 2 episodes away. Don't go ruin the audiences' hope and more importantly your teams, crews and actors' spirit who have been working so hard. Haish. 

Anyeong~ unniee.. DO AGREE with you comment TMETS has just had a higher ratings yet they complain of something which they also follow and watch rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif  rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Guest toho81

Can some confirm news be out about episodes 19 and 20 being safe?? Cries I really can't sleep well now without knowing those 2 episodes being safe. I can wait for a delay, but I would die with a cancellation or abrupt ending. Please MBC and Production company, work some magic!!

Some possible bad news for fans of MBC drama The Moon That Embraces the Sun: head PD Kim Do-hoon has joined the ranks in the ongoing labor strike over at MBC, in what will probably be the union’s big last-ditch effort to turn the tables. The drama finally managed to pass the 40% ratings mark and became designated a “national drama,” which means delaying production and derailing this train just before the finale would be the biggest blow the union could deliver to the network. It’s as good a bargaining chip as any, and the timing isn’t trying to deceive anybody — it’s we’re going to leave you hanging when you’ve promised your advertisers 40% ratings. The hit series has two episodes left, scheduled for this coming Wednesday and Thursday.

The labor strike has been going on for over a month now, since January 30. It’s just that dramas haven’t been affected until now because they’re often produced by outside companies. But more and more crew members have been joining up, and last week High Kick took a whole week off due to the strike, airing specials instead, which is something variety shows like Infinity Challenge and We Got Married have done for a month.

Now key drama PDs have joined the ranks, including the head PDs of weekend dramasFeast of the Gods and God of War. The strike is against MBC’s unfair administration and is primarily aimed at forcing the resignation of MBC president Kim Jae-chul. I just know this isn’t the first time they’ve tried to overthrow this guy, so I’m just gonna go on a hunch that this guy isn’t exactly a saint.

MBC claims that Moon isn’t in danger of missing its finale schedule (which of course they’d say), while Moon‘s production team confirms that the PD has joined the strike, along with their head cinematographer. Uh…that seems like a problem, no? The show’s been shooting with two crews simultaneously on a tight live schedule, and the main problem they’d face with a delay is that stars Kim Soo-hyun and Jung Il-woo aren’t available for more days — they’re due on other sets (photoshoots, advertisements, etc.) the day after the original wrap date.

So basically, they’re going to have to complete shoots on schedule, come hell or high water. The production claims that even if they manage to do that, without their head PD, the shows won’t be edited in time for broadcast. My guess is that MBC won’t let it come to that, because it’s not often that a ratings hit rolls around for them, and it would be dumb to let the final episodes just sit there, as potential ratings dwindle away by the day. I guess we’ll find out on Wednesday, whether the Moon/Sun chip was the one to bring down the house.

Via Osen

Src: dramabeans

It looks like they haven't finished shooting the last episode, but this article says that MBC is considering to take & fill in the temporary PDs for the current dramas. 

It also mentions that "Filming for The Sun and the Moon was last held on March 5 and production set for March 6 has been suspended. As filming for the 19th episode, which was set to air on March 7, is not yet completed, it is likely the episode will not be broadcast as scheduled."

So both episode 19 & 20 may not be aired T__T Hope they can sort it out and make a happy ending for all of us, tmtets fans  =) Dying to see the grand finale of this beautiful drama. 

Dear my dearest MoonSun friends, million thanks for wishes and prayers! Love *quoted image*! [Owh, btw, it's our first *quoted image*]

Hi azuwaza163 & other TMETS shippers,

Did not mean to come out of lurker mode but I feel that I needed to support and gives you props for this post. WELL DONE!

'To Each It's Own', 'One Man's Poison is another Man's Mead'...and countless other saying which basically means the same thing. Some like it and some don't. Other's prefer one and the some prefers two.

Please understand that I am not saying this because I love TPM ( I watch other sageuk dramas religiously too) but to make a point that it is possible that we do not like or prefer the same thing. However, that does not stop us from enjoying it nevertheless. None of the dramas are perfect be it TPM, Tree With Deep Roots or TMETS. I enjoy every single one of these dramas. Each has its own magic and charisma. 

Personally, I see one common denomination between these drama and it is LOVE. Love of a King to its people, love for the country and what it upholds and lastly unconditional love between man and woman that is destined to be together through hardship and unimaginable conditions.

No matter what the ratings were and currently is for all these dramas, each of the actors did their best and worked really hard to bring to life their characters. I appreciate their hard work and hope to see and support each and everyone of them in their next project.

azuwaza, take care and take heed of all the old woman's tale of being pregnant. It may be all nonsense but you will never know. Congratulations on your baby and I hope you will not name the baby Yeon U or Hwon....hahahaha

This is just an Ahjumma's 2 cents and not meant to criticize anybody...PEACE wink.gif 

Guest toho81

Basically this is the reason :

Episode 20 is currently filming, but it will be a rushed episode (considering that during the normal circumstances, goofs and continuity are issues already) , only two days more to go before THURSDAY ! :o

Does anyone know if they are still filming the drama or whether or not it is complete? Everything is so confusing.

It looks like they haven't finished shooting the last episode, but this article says that MBC is considering to take & fill in the temporary PDs for the current dramas. 

It also mentions that "Filming for The Sun and the Moon was last held on March 5 and production set for March 6 has been suspended. As filming for the 19th episode, which was set to air on March 7, is not yet completed, it is likely the episode will not be broadcast as scheduled."

So both episode 19 & 20 may not be aired T__T Hope they can sort it out and make a happy ending for all of us, tmtets fans  =) Dying to see the grand finale of this beautiful drama. 

I thought 19 was done. Is 19 not finished due to editing or did they just only film all the outside scenes for 19 and 20 and did not get to film the studio scenes for both episodes??

Does anyone know if they are still filming the drama or whether or not it is complete? Everything is so confusing.

based fromsunNmoon FB post summary:

1. Script for episode 20 (revised because of the spoiler posted at korean folk village) was handed out yesterday only

2.Kim Doo Hyun informed casts that he joins the strike TODAY

3.Per @kpopanda, 3/4 of episode 19 is finished but still INCOMPLETE.

4.No filming today.

5.MBC is considering replacement for PD's

TMETS Off Air – MBC “Don’t Know” vs Production Team “That’s Right

Source : http://asian-drama.org

The director of the Moon that Embraces the Sun that has only 2 episodes remaining, Kim Doh Hoon, decided to join the general strike on March 6th, 2012, disrupting the filming and indicating the normal broadcast may be affected.

According to official of production team, the B team has withdrew with only A continues to shoot. The production team was originally divided into 2 teams to split the burden of filming volume. With the change of situation occurred, the shooting may be delayed from original plan or canceled, threatening the broadcast.

The representative of lead actors in TMETS, Kim Soo Hyun and Jung Il Woo, told OSEN through phone, “It’s understood that the filming of main part will go as planned.”

Especially both Kim Soo Hyun and Jung Il Woo has busy schedule that starts right from the second day after the end of the TV series, such as CF shooting, thus it’s very hard to delay the filming. Even if the broadcast is postponed, they should be shooting as much as possible within the original filming schedule.

Another official of TMETS hinted, “The filming schedule of the actors will not be affected temporarily, the shooting will be done as much as possible. Even so, the broadcast that is scheduled this week would be difficult. In addition, shooting is done in situation where PD is absent due to joining the strike, causing issues on editing and other technical parts.”

In this regard, MBC TV said, “Nothing is decided yet about the cancellation of broadcast.”

Guest Summer150721

aiggooo~~!! so heartbreaking to read this news TMETS is about to end he** no!!! way it ended with so much problems sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif  sad.gif

Guest toho81

based fromsunNmoon FB post summary:

1. Script for episode 20 (revised because of the spoiler posted at korean folk village) was handed out yesterday only

2.Kim Doo Hyun informed casts that he joins the strike TODAY

3.Per @kpopanda, 3/4 of episode 19 is finished but still INCOMPLETE.

4.No filming today.

5.MBC is considering replacement for PD's

So pretty much 19 is not even done. so mbc pretty much needs to get this done even if it means delays because they'll be in hell water if not. I don't care if mbc need to sell their souls. They better get this show completed? Do you know if they even started filming 20????

So, with episode 19 incomplete, episode 20 revised, and filming halted, then we may not get a preview anytime soon? 

This is just terrible over all---sad for the story's direction and the hard work of the actors, but at the same time, the strike is for a good cause. And live shooting is really not the most efficient way to produce a quality program.

Guest toho81

So, with episode 19 incomplete, episode 20 revised, and filming halted, then we may not get a preview anytime soon? 

This is just terrible over all---sad for the story's direction and the hard work of the actors, but at the same time, the strike is also for a good cause. And live shooting isn't the most efficient way to produce a quality program.

I'll just be happy for the 2 episodes to complete shooting. I can let previews go as long they finish the damn drama!

I love your opinion description...

Btw... Congratulation... :w00t:

I love TMTETS so much.. so sad knowing that its 2 last episodes may or may not be broadcast in this week.. knowing that they may or may not finish the two episode filming..

so sad knowing that it wil or it won't be a rushed production episode...

Please... give us a beautiful finale (and please not a rush one) :tears:

I'll just be happy for the 2 episodes to complete shooting. I can let previews go as long they finish the damn drama!

LOL. I meant that, too ;) That given the situation, the drama's quality at this point is pretty much decided by the ending---whether or not it's completed and/or whether or not it's rushed.  King 2Hearts airs next week ... of course, MBC could still move the schedule around???