[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Like this drama so much. It's so exciting and it's been long since I've become obsessed. Oh pls give me the preview soon mbc!!!!

Great acting and I have to disagree with hgi's acting. She is improving by heaps compared to her past dramas. They are all eye candies. But I have to admit, I really wanted HHJ to play the part. But hgi is doing a good job. Aja fighting.

I've been a silent reader in this thread, must I say, some of your comments are hilarious and u just made my day!

So let's guess what happens next? I think YM will kidnap

wol and hwon will ask woon to find her,

Guest Karina1430287847

SOOO hooked. The chemistry is A++ 

I think woon had already suspected about Wol from previous episodes, I also think he'll do some investigating of his own. 

It is safe to say that we're all dying for episode 11 ^^

Guest lesleylim

I think he suspected but not confirm, from ep 10  now on I think Hwon will dig Wol past and investigate her in details,End of Ep 10 we saw Yang Myung pull Wol aside and ask her whether she remember him.Many viewers said Jansil told Yang Myung Wol is Yeon U but I think otherwise. Jansil does not know who is Yeon U and when Yeon U was dug up from the grave by an old man (I think is a royal astrologer) only NK and Seol was there. Most probably Jansil tell Yang Myung Wol lost her memory when she was young that lead to Yang Myung suspected Wol is Yeon U.

In this drama only 3 persons knew Wol is Yeon U they are NK the head shamam ,Seol and the royal astrologer.

we dunno what Jansil told YangMung in detail when she said she will help YangMung to meet HER.But I can assure you that Jansil know who is Wol or Yeonwoo..If Jansil can remember YangMung when he help her when she was young..Of course Jansil can remember what happened to Yeonwoo...

1:At end of episode 2 or beginning of episode 3 when JNK the Head shaman stand in front of the palace ,she saw the 2 MOONs coming out from palanquins (Yeonwoo and BK) Jansil was there with her,remember?

2:At The Shaman Palace,Seol and Jansil overheard Shaman girls talk bad about Wol,then Jansil attacked them back by saying "how dare you talk about her.SHE(Yeonwoo) is The MOON!! Then Seol quickly shut her mouth,saying Jansil dunno Hanja..Wol in Chinese character is MOON and that is her name WOL..

At the end of episode 10, was Hwon very sure that Wol is YW or was it  just a suspicion ?

Any comments ?

I think it is premature to say Hwon is 100% sure that Wol is Yeon Woo just based on their writing style alone. He might need to confirm some more facts before he will believe but I think he has a good hunch now that his Yeon Woo may not be dead after all. However even if Hwon believes that Wol is Yeon Woo, it takes more than comparing the handwriting to bring Wol back to her rightful position as queen. There has to be more evidence that cannot be questioned before he can bring Yeon Woo to the public knowledge or her life will be in grave danger all over again.

First he needs to ask some questions to Wol,but will he even get that chance in episode 11?? Not sure. Will Yang Myung take Wol away and now Hwon will have to search for her with his questions unanswered? Hwon desperately needs to find about her past first.

These are some things I felt that needs to be resolved before we can bring Yeon Woo back to her rightful place:

1. Hwon needs to know that Wol has lost her memory and is suffering from amnesia since she was 13.

2. Hairpin needs to be found

3. Hwon has to figure out why did she say her father was bringing the medicine to kill her and how the heck did she know about this? Was she wise enough to know that her illness was not a natural illness and knew that it was a bigger plan to get rid of her. She is pretty bright and know how things work in the palace. But I think she knew that her fate was sealed and might not have wanted to cause any trouble for Hwon. That is why she said her goodbye and wanted Hwon to know when he visited her that he should not blame himself because she knew she was going to die and didn't want Hwon bearing this guilt for the rest of his life.

4. Who were all involved in trying to Kill Yeon Woo and how did it all come about?

5. Will the Princess M spill her beans and tell the truth about what she witnessed with NK and QD?

6. Will Seol end up telling the truth to Yeom that Yeon Woo is alive?

7. Will Woon find out the truth first by piecing Seol with Yeon Woo and Yeom together?

8. Will Yang Myung find the truth out through JanSil?

9. Ultimately No Kyung will give her life in my mind and come clean about the Evil Granny QD and put Yeon Woo in her rightful place as Queen.

10. As for BK I hope in the end she will have a change of heart and give the bracelet back to Yeon Woo which was meant for Hwon in the first place.I hope she will tell the truth to Hwon about what happened to Yeon Woo and help Hwon bring her father and the clan down. This would prove to me that she really did love Hwon.

11. Amongst all this revelation, Yeon Woo will regain her memory and convince Hwon that she really is Yeon Woo.

My biggest worry is Yang Myung. When he went to visit Hwon after Yeon Woo's death he said that he would have given his life to save Yeon Woo. I have a bad feeling that he WILL end up giving his life to save Yeon Woo this time around. He loves Yeon Woo but he also loves Hwon just as much. For the happiness of them both, I have a feeling that he would give up his own life to save the lives of either Hwon or Yeon Woo so that they can be together in the end. Sad sad sad but there cannot be Two SUNs or Two Moons. One of the Sun and the Moon will need to perish to bring peace to their world.

I think it is premature to say Hwon is 100% sure that Wol is Yeon Woo just based on their writing style alone. He might need to confirm some more facts before he will believe but I think he has a good hunch now that his Yeon Woo may not be dead after all. However even if Hwon believes that Wol is Yeon Woo, it takes more than comparing the handwriting to bring Wol back to her rightful position as queen. There has to be more evidence that cannot be questioned before he can bring Yeon Woo to the public knowledge or her life will be in grave danger all over again.

First he needs to ask some questions to Wol,but will he even get that chance in episode 11?? Not sure. Will Yang Myung take Wol away and now Hwon will have to search for her with his questions unanswered? Hwon desperately needs to find about her past first.

These are some things I felt that needs to be resolved before we can bring Yeon Woo back to her rightful place:

1. Hwon needs to know that Wol has lost her memory and is suffering from amnesia since she was 13.

2. Hairpin needs to be found

3. Hwon has to figure out why did she say her father was bringing the medicine to kill her and how the heck did she know about this? Was she wise enough to know that her illness was not a natural illness and knew that it was a bigger plan to get rid of her. She is pretty bright and know how things work in the palace. But I think she knew that her fate was sealed and might not have wanted to cause any trouble for Hwon. That is why she said her goodbye and wanted Hwon to know when he visited her that he should not blame himself because she knew she was going to die and didn't want Hwon bearing this guilt for the rest of his life.

4. Who were all involved in trying to Kill Yeon Woo and how did it all come about?

5. Will the Princess M spill her beans and tell the truth about what she witnessed with NK and QD?

6. Will Seol end up telling the truth to Yeom that Yeon Woo is alive?

7. Will Woon find out the truth first by piecing Seol with Yeon Woo and Yeom together?

8. Will Yang Myung find the truth out through JanSil?

9. Ultimately No Kyung will give her life in my mind and come clean about the Evil Granny QD and put Yeon Woo in her rightful place as Queen.

10. As for BK I hope in the end she will have a change of heart and give the bracelet back to Yeon Woo which was meant for Hwon in the first place.I hope she will tell the truth to Hwon about what happened to Yeon Woo and help Hwon bring her father and the clan down. This would prove to me that she really did love Hwon.

11. Amongst all this revelation, Yeon Woo will regain her memory and convince Hwon that she really is Yeon Woo.

My biggest worry is Yang Myung. When he went to visit Hwon after Yeon Woo's death he said that he would have given his life to save Yeon Woo. I have a bad feeling that he WILL end up giving his life to save Yeon Woo this time around. He loves Yeon Woo but he also loves Hwon just as much. For the happiness of them both, I have a feeling that he would give up his own life to save the lives of either Hwon or Yeon Woo so that they can be together in the end. Sad sad sad but there cannot be Two SUNs or Two Moons. One of the Sun and the Moon will need to perish to bring peace to their world.

I do agree with you regarding YM. I do believe as well that he is willing to give up his life for YW but as I also believe that he will not give YW to Hwon easily. Based on what happened in the past, he can take the pain and suffering of seeing YW with another man but seeing her being hurt, unprotected and dead is another story. Each one of them has learned their lesson hard and everybody is living a life full of regrets, a life full of what if.

Unless YM is sure that Hwon can protect YW from the politics and manipulation inside the palace, he won’t give her up and I am afraid that he might resort to seeking power in order to protect YW against the granda and the court officials. I am afraid to see him involved in a love triangle with her brother much more in a power struggle. But I guess these things are just inevitable.

The thought of YW being a Queen is much easier said than done. I am afraid yet anxiously waiting for the whole process.

Guest dramaok

is there any info about the way hwon knowing wol is yeon woo from the novel???

the novel and the drama are very different when it comes to hwon and yeonwoo's previous relationship.

so i think it's going to be very different so even those who read the novel won't be able to predict what they will do in the drama.

just that in the novel

hwon, who never met yeonwoo, starts to fall in love with wol, but it becomes more and more painful for him.

because she reminds him of the dead yeonwoo he never even met.

she smells like orchid like yeonwoo's letters.

she knows poetry, even the one that yeonwoo and he wrote in their letters

(he almost has a meltdown once he recites a poem and she knows it!

he tells her he craves to spend time w/ her yet she insists on dragging his past into it

like he is so guilty and heartbroken)

anyways the poem is a famous one by tang poet zhang jiuling.

(see, yeonwoo in the book doesn't lose memory so this is going to be different in the drama).

anyways the poem is about how sad it is that you are apart from the one you love.

anyways wol slips and comments, she only now realizes that there is something sadder than not being w/ the one you love.

it is that you are close but you cannot be together.

even after he starts an investigation around yeonwoo's death for the possibility of homicide,

he still continues to talk to wol and finds that she reminds him so much of yeonwoo and this pains him so much.

then things start to get weirder when he realizes she knows so much about him, like he plays instrument, etc.

and she knows almost nothing that a shaman should know.

then he remembers her comment about the poem and has the conviction that only wol has to be yeonwoo in her previous life.

when he suspects she could be her, he actually begs her . . .

"tell me you are yeonwoo. if you are yeonwoo, say you are. even if you're not, say you are yeonwoo." he can't bear it anymore.

but i will give you two clues that may or maynot be used in the drama.

1. shaman jang reads hwon's fortune and tells him, there's only one woman in his life.

2. seol is the key

At the end of episode 10, was Hwon very sure that Wol is YW or was it  just a suspicion ?

Any comments ?

i think he will just lash out at wol again and ask her who sent her.

the novel and the drama are very different when it comes to hwon and yeonwoo's previous relationship.

so i think it's going to be very different so even those who read the novel won't be able to predict what they will do in the drama.

just that in the novel

hwon, who never met yeonwoo, starts to fall in love with wol, but it becomes more and more painful for him.

because she reminds him of the dead yeonwoo he never even met.

she smells like orchid like yeonwoo's letters.

she knows poetry, even the one that yeonwoo wrote (he almost has a meltdown once he recites a poem and she know it!)

even after he starts an investigation around yeonwoo's death for the possibility of homicide,

he still continues to talk to wol and finds that she reminds him so much of yeonwoo and this pains him so much.

then things start to get weirder when he realizes she knows so much about him, like he plays instrument, etc.

and she knows almost nothing that a shaman should know.

when he suspects she could be her, he actually begs her . . .

"tell me you are yeonwoo. if you are yeonwoo, say you are. even if you're not, say you are yeonwoo." he can't bear it anymore.

but i will give you two clues that may or maynot be used in the drama.

1. shaman jang reads hwon's future and tells him, there's only one woman for him.

2. seol is the key

i think he will just lash out at wol again and ask her who sent her.

Thanks chinggu for the spoilers! Please continue to spoil us.... :wub::wub:

I am really highly anticipating the next episode but I am guarding my hopes as I don't want to be overly excited for the much awaited kiss and then end up :tears:...

Just a wild guess, Hwon and YM doesn't really know exactly who Wol is, they have a hunch but doesn't have a concrete evidence to conclude that she is indeed YW. If there is one person who is sure about her true identity, it must have been Woon. First is the chess pieces/stones, 2nd the letter, 3rd the similarity between YW and Wol and the last straw is Seol. When they fought and easily let her go, I would like to believe that he trailed her. YM and Hwon don't know Seol but Woon do!

So when Hwon asked for YW after comparing the letters, Woon becomes uneasy yet it seems he is anticipating Hwon to recognize her. :wub:

Lastly, if YM's ace is Jan Sil, Hwon has Seol on his side.. hehehe! First round: DRAW!

-------------

The hairpin, it must have been with NK and just waiting for the right time to surface. I don’t think it is with YW or if she ever saw it. She is well informed and educated and she will definitely be aware of the symbolism of the hairpin and that is for royalties' use only. When Prince YM and King Hwon asked him if she knows them and with the vague images flashing in her mind, she will definitely be able to use her LOGIC to think that she is indeed YW if she has the pin.

We have now reached the halfway point in this drama and what a way for the parties that be to start part 2. Personally I do not want an extension because I am enjoying the show as is and do not want the quality to be reduced. Sometimes extensions do that and to me the pace is just right. As a fellow St. Soompi academy student I want to graduate & move on, though I’m enjoying the experience.

After watching episodes 9 & 10 we now know a few things (1) Wol’s memories are coming back (2) Hwon and Yang Myung now know its Yeon Woo, Woon suspects and hasn’t confirmed it as yet (3) the significance of writing styles and letters in identifying a person. As Fanderay said in her softy’s post – glad no baddies knows her identity as yet. However, with this knowledge comes a certain responsibility for the parties.

Hwon – get Wol to love him back, to more than confirm her identity, get Wol to remember them, protect her from all the baddies including his brother who in this case is a love rival, save his country from the treasonous sect and his grandmother, keep the queen away from her & him, and reinstate her as his Queen and wife. He has a very busy month. I believe that once he is affirmed of her identity he realises at this time its best to keep her as shaman, with constant visits which does not rouse too much suspicion from the "interested parties" and keep her around him constantly. By the way I don’t think he would have appreciated Yeom’s statement that with all her talent it’s a shame she is a girl, he is more than happy with the female version.

Yang Myung – to keep Wol from “seeing his brother”, protecting her and getting a 2nd chance at love.

Woon – protect both King & Wol, find out Seol’s identity and investigate the incident 8 years ago & keep awake. When Woon & Seol met in a fight after she ran, he realised that Seol was a she & not a he. As for his interest in Wol, its’ that for the king & not on a personal level. Woon is neutral and key factor among the Joseon’s 4, he’s the continuity & voice of reason among all of them with a protective shield to boot. It would please me if he found Seol and get the information from her as they are both protecting their charges and it’s mutually beneficial for them to do so.

Wol’s identity is a huge bomb which would have a cataclysmic effect in terms of the royal family, the political base and the country. It just occurred to me that should the Heo /Sungyukwan supporters find out her true identity they would definitely want to reinstate her, as well as take action it’s like the Yoon and Queen Dowager opponents were all waiting for the right time as it was Wol who was actually selected to be queen and not Bo Kyeong in addition they will do the investigation/get a lot of evidence in order to oust their opposition.

At this point the question lies – when is the right time for the full reveal of Wol. For the 3 parties to find out now that’s fine because they now have the time to put in measures into place to ensure that she remains alive to do what’s needed. I would like Wol to get her memory soon but I think they want her to get a few more experiences first of palace life & the king. What interests me though is – what would be the trigger that brings her memory to the forefront. I do understand Shaman’s Jang reservations & protectiveness but I think it’s time she stop lying to Wol as it is making her more confused.

Looking forward to ep 11 & 12.

This drama is really interesting. I have given up on Kdrama since Secret Garden. Yet Moon/ Sun brings me back :D:D.

The plot is great that I watch 10 eps in a row.

I feel so overwhelmed with the two suns, their love, their feelings for the moon - YW are admirable.

I think all the actors play well and portray their characters excellent.

I fall in love with both!

Guest dramaok

I am really highly anticipating the next episode but I am guarding my hopes as I don't want to be overly excited for the much awaited kiss and then end up :tears:...

what? i am expecting multiple kisses. one for each week. and longer as the drama progresses and more clothing removed as the drama progresses.

about Seol

woon and her fight again maybe and he will realize she fights like him.

in the novel, seol used to watch woon practice fighting with yangmyeong and yeom.

woon had a master who taught him special types of swordfight.

he would come and teach yangmyeong and yeom some.

seol would watch.

woon realizes seol fights haphazardly and clumsily but her swordstrokes are similar to his.

he remembers a girl watching them half-hiding.

he remembers that girl was at Yeom's.

what? i am expecting multiple kisses. one for each week. and longer as the drama progresses and more clothing removed as the drama progresses.

about Seol

woon and her fight again maybe and he will realize she fights like him.

in the novel, seol used to watch woon practice fighting with yangmyeong and yeom.

woon had a master who taught him special types of swordfight.

he would come and teach yangmyeong and yeom some.

seol would watch.

woon realizes seol fights haphazardly and clumsily but her swordstrokes are similar to his.

he remembers a girl watching them half-hiding.

he remembers that girl was at Yeom's.

You surely deserve a seat in the St. Soompi's faculty!!!! :wub::wub:

We share the same opinion regarding Woon recognizing Seol as Heo's family servant. I remember him seeing her watching his sword practice with Yeom and they even teased each other who Seol like between both of them. hehehhe! I think these two will make a good pair.. hehehhe! Just imagine both of them arguing and fighting, it will definitely be one hell of a fight! hahahah!

me too!!! i so anticipating that scenes *if any* ...or at least more lust shown in Hwoon's eyes everytime he meets wol...hihihihihi..

oh btw, dramaok,

thanks for a bit spoiler....it is better than nothing hehehe