[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Guest Greenrose934

And, we all know that the defining piece of evidence to prove Wol is YW is . . . the phoenix hairpin, which must be in the possession of NK.  She was the only one who had access to retrieve it from the coffin.  So, it will be up to her if and when to bring out the evidence.

Man, this is like Sherlock Holmes - Clue #1 is the letter YW left.  Clue #2 is the hairpin that only YW could possess because it was given to her by Hwon.  And, she was buried with it. :o

I think that will definitely be part of the game plan until Hwon can figure out how to 'check-mate' his grandmother and Lord Yoon.  BTW, welcome to the thread of the Ladies Attending St. Soompi's Academy class on MES.

@dramaok:  Thank you so much for the lesson of the day on the 'jam' at St. Soompi's Academy.  (And, thank you for no homework.  :lol:)  I love looking at all the beautiful things on that miga website.  As for the hairpins, I can't see myself wearing one . . . to shop at Costco, doing laundry or going for a run.  I don't even have hair long enough to make a braid or bun.  But, I can see myself with some of the brooches.  (Must resist temptation.)

As for 'cham' and 'jam', I have noticed that some Korean words sound very similar to the Cantonese pronunciation of the same words.  But, not to the Mandarin pronunciation of the same word.  I find it very interesting since the land of Korea is much closer in proximity to the Northern areas of China, where Mandarin is spoken.  Whereas, Canton (Guangdong) is much farther south and away from Korea.  One would think that the closer proximity would have the greater influence and sharing of everything, instead of the one further away. :huh:

And, I also agree with you on the BK character.  As of now, she hasn't done anything to warrant her death.  She's just been an opportunist taking advantage of what was offered to her.  She does lack morals and integrity.  She is petty.  And, not that she deserves anyone's pity because she agreed to her current situation with eyes wide open.  Yet, she is pitiful because she can't let go of a totally hopeless situation.  Grasping at straws?  She's grasping at thin air.  -_-

Hi, hi (wave) to greenrose and shedevil:  Nice to see you here, too.

Hello Auntie mame,how are you doing ??

heh .my friend did you see something funny in this drama ?? 2 guys don't want sleeping with their wives even they got married ??

and another guy always run and run following after his young brother 's wife ...&%$#@ ...

One thing I 'm very serious to say is HGI looks younger than her " number of the years she used to live " it looks like 20 or younger ,she 's so beautiful with the white dress .....I love both Wol & Hwon

Thanks everyone & Sun Moon team

As I said before, people are prejudiced about the actors/actresses. They are so interested in their backgrounds, that they start to see them as their real selves and not their characters. They know that HGI is married and older than KSH and hence they cant accept her being the lead. I mean seriously why the high ratings? I think people tend to find flaws in her but since she is very outstanding stunning beautiful, and married with a handsome husband, and has this baby faced beauty and youthful aura, they cant accept it hence they critize her acting. I think she is delivering her job perfectly. Young YW was also acting with her eyes wide open and she was also very quiet. HGI is only doing what is her told, and her cry :sweatingbullets: ing face, sad, hurting, speaking with her eyes is deliverd very well.

I think she is outstanding, but well people always want to nag, you take what they want, they nag and when you give them what they want, they still nag. So its best to neglect/ignore their comments. I only wish HGI knew that we think she doing her job perfectly.

I like your vision .completely agree :sweatingbullets:

Be strong ha ga in

Guest yanbo2007

I think some of us should just stop complaining abt HGI's acting. She may not be the best actress but I think she has done a fine job with her portrayal of Yeon woo. At least visually, she reflects the beauty and the delicacy of her character.

Let's just enjoy the drama and appreciate all the actors/actresses who hve done such a great job so far.

I totally agree with you.

I just marathoned Ep 8 - Ep 10. I swear that as I kept watching, I could see the maturity in KSH as King Hwon. After a while, there were no more thoughts about HGI being older. He just blew me away with his maturity. I could believe that he was two years older ( like Hwon is two years older than Yeon Woo) The intensity of his stare, the biting remarks, the dagger behind his smiles to his ministers and BK.

Now, I am wondering what will happen at the end of the month. I assume that many things would occur before then but if not, how can he escape the clutches of BK (a new twist! The man reluctant to be bedded! :ph34r: )

I definitely feel sorry for the king. There is no privacy with the maids outside the room, his retainer (HS) on call and Woon (don't tell me he will be there for the bridal night :crazy: )

I hope that the cast and crew realise that there are very appreciative people out there who love what they are doing. Did you see the picture of the crazy snowfall? It must be freezingly cold where they are filming but they are giving their 110%.

AJA AJA HWAITING METS! :wub:

Allow me to borrow Wol’s line in his conversation with Hwon regarding the letter. People with subjective prejudice will not be able to see the real meaning behind or they will easily judge according to their preconceived perception. I would like to think that since people are predetermined judgment against her acting so that’s what they feel.. huhuhu!

I just have a question, if the director is not satisfied with the acting, he can simply say cut and repeat the scene right? But since it has been broadcasted it means the emotions required by the director were achieved. Forgive me for bringing this up again but I just can’t help it since I’ve been reading it all over again in the recaps and I am saddened by the fact the people are calling her the weakest link. tears.giftears.gif

Totally with you on this and love the quote on the letter.

Guest noopie_1

I think Han Ga In potrays her character, wol, very well. I don't see any flaws at all. Whenever I see her with lee hwon, I don't see that the age different at all. They act really well, and Han ga in doesn't look old. They look so compatible as Hwon and YeonWoo. I don't know perhaps, I love "the moon embraces the sun" very much, so I don't see any flaws, and purely i enjoy the dramas.

Kim Soohyun's acting is so superb. I rewatched 4-5x the part where he read yeonwoo's letter, and I'm still crying whenever I watch it. Even when he brought wol's to the palace where Yeonwoo used to stay, and when he asked her who is she, and wondering if she's yeonwoo, and when wol said she's not yeonwoo. Hwon looked so sad, his eyes teary and his heart is break down.

Oh gosh, as a king, where he can have lots of choices to get a pretty lady, but his heart is only ONE. Only yeonwoo in his heart. I'm just so loving hwon's character. And also I love his two loyal servant, hyung sun and woon. Their loyalty to hwon touched my heart T_T

Jung ilwoo as Prince Yang Myung, he acts really well. He hide his pain with a smile. I hope he won't fight with leehwon in order to get woI. I love this two brothers. I don't want their brothership, broken. I feel so sad whenever he feels sad. Although I'm a fan of Hwon-yw/wol's couple, but I don't want to see yang myung sad.... unrequited love is always sad. Plus yang myung is so kind, loving and he doesn't want anything other than wol T_T

Thank you sharsharphee for the special ep. I wonder if there is any smaller file of this. But it's ok, I feel grateful with the link, I will download this later. Thank you for uploading and sharing with us.

Guest phuongbin

Hello There,

Thank you for the link but i will not use it ever AGAIN. I do not know if you realise that this site is infested with harmful viruses to your computer.

Thank you but no thanks. Please let me know if other^people have encounter the same problem.

Any other streaming sites for MOON/SUN without huge numbers of pop-ups and viruses. I will be forever grateful!!

Yes,I do remove it. Popup, I hope you go back

Guest KhunTorian

this drama is like cocaine to me...

i have to watch it at least once a day or i could've gone crazy...

so,i keep talking about this drama to a friend of mine...

who's a fan of JIW...

but when i told her that the first 6 episodes will be acted by child actors,

she said she'll just be watching starting from the 7th episodes then..

and i was like WHAT???! (0,0)

bt,i didn't press the matter further cuz i dun wanna force her or anything...

when the high cut pics came out,i showed it to her with adoration plastered on my face...

her response was : 

YOU TOLD ME THEY WERE CHILD ACTORS,YOU'RE LYING.THEY'RE HOTTIES...I CHANGED MY MIND.GIVE ME THE DRAMA FROM EPISODE 1....

hahahaha....mission accomplished.For now,i've recruited 6 MoonSunners. =]

Guest flowerboyramyunshop_FB

Hello There,

Thank you for the link but i will not use it ever AGAIN. I do not know if you realise that this site is infested with harmful viruses to your computer.

Thank you but no thanks. Please let me know if other^people have encounter the same problem.

Any other streaming sites for MOON/SUN without huge numbers of pop-ups and viruses. I will be forever grateful!!

i went to this l ink once with anticipation to watch the videos raw . but links and ads are popping out and it bothered me.

if patience is your virtue and can not access vikki or hulu, you can try kdrama.org . the most user friendly when you watch it online.

to gabjumz  , *nudge*nudge* at your post.

______

okay, this happens when i watched too much moonsun ... :w00t:

The director i presume was very particular at these two scenes where Yang Myung cut Yeon Woo's entrance in the palace and ask her if did she know him , followed by Hwon's discovery of the resemblance of the two letters sent by young yeon woo and wol.

the blocking was awesome , Ilwoo 's angle at right while Soo Hyun at left (which depicts how their world become opposite since birth). and lighting effects. :wub:you could see half of their (Il Woo and Soo Hyun's) faces covered with darkness. symbolic as to their own agonies of whether the lady that bugging their minds is no other than the love they buried  5 years ago.

418501_181356508637088_152170751555664_249518_1123810076_n.jpg

Guest betchay

Gave me chills down my spine when he uttered the words. I feel like, he was telling that words to me

migs... wake up!!!

I just love the idea that Hwon & Wol would play "King and his talisman" inside his chamber every night. She would absorb the king's illness and that is, his HOTS for her. After a month... boom, his talisman is carrying his heir. :sweatingbullets:

Poor Queen BK! :lol:

migs... wake up!!!

I just love the idea that Hwon & Wol would play "King and his talisman" inside his chamber every night. She would absorb the king's illness and that is, his HOTS for her. After a month... boom, his talisman is carrying his heir. :sweatingbullets:

Poor Queen BK! :lol:

LOL... you're so funny ....

Hello Auntie mame,how are you doing ??

heh .my friend did you see something funny in this drama ?? 2 guys don't want  sleeping with their wives even they got married ??

and another guy always run and run  following after his young brother 's wife  ...&%$#@ ...

One thing I 'm very serious to say is HGI looks younger than her " number of the years she used to live " it looks like 20 or younger ,she 's so beautiful with the white dress .....I love both Wol & Hwon

Thanks everyone & Sun Moon team

You know my 'wicked' sense of humor in seeing different perspectives.  I can put a 'spin' on anything and have a good laugh.  Or, look at things differently so that it's even worse.  Such as my different ways of consummating the marriage.  (And, I didn't even write all the scenarios that popped up in my head.)   :P

I agree with you regarding HGI.  Actually, if one thinks about the situation, from a different perspective, one can say that she's doing a good acting job BECAUSE since she is older than the rest of the main cast, and yet, one can't discern any age gap between her and the rest of the main cast.  Just review the scene where she asked Hwon if that was the place where he left his sadness.  If she hadn't been able to nullify the age difference, no one would have anticipate the sexual tension between them.  If she couldn't act, how could  the viewer feel like there might be a kiss forthcoming.  What  the viewer feels and, especially, anticipates is a good indication of how well the performers are doing.

HGI may not be the strongest of actresses.  But, she has nothing to be ashamed of.  Actually, the role of YW/Wol is a very difficult one to perform because she has to be someone stunted at 13 yrs old and also a 21 yr old adult woman, who has limited exposure to the workings of the world.  I really like how she came to life in the scene with YM in the paper store. She was a bright and confident young woman.  And, this contrasts so differently with her scenes in the palace and with Hwon, where her confidence is shaky, at best.   Therein, lies examples of how she is able to act well in her role.  Can she do better?  Of course, that's a given for every single performer.  But, just because there is room to do better, doesn't equate to doing badly now.  That's comparing apples to oranges.  -_-

If Wol were Queen...

qJF8W.jpg

Weird photoshopping but lol it did entertain me~

Edit: credits to sjeh89@naver.com ( I didn't make it lol, I wish I had the time )

If Haepumdal was Sherlock Holmes...

oYWhF.jpg

L7Gfr.jpg

credit: 름비 DC

Guest wizengamot

Allow me to borrow Wol’s line in his conversation with Hwon regarding the letter. People with subjective prejudice will not be able to see the real meaning behind or they will easily judge according to their preconceived perception. I would like to think that since people had predetermined judgment against her acting so that’s what they feel.. huhuhu!

I just have a question, if the director is not satisfied with the acting, he can simply say cut and repeat the scene right? But since it has been broadcasted it means the emotions required by the director were achieved. Forgive me for bringing this up again but I just can’t help it since I’ve been reading it all over again in the recaps and I am really disheartened every time they call her the weakest link. tears.giftears.gif

VERY WELL SAID!!! TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU

esp. bout ga in. I'd been wanting to give my two cents since i read about the reviews for the last two episodes and the criticism that i think is not helpful at all. i mean i was disheartened when i read that they were saying that she's sucking up all the charisma out unlike soo hyun and il woo. in my opinion, she's able to portray her character well. we can't expect her too be very dramatic and emotional like how much hwon is showing because wol's role is supposed to be clueless and everything she sees is being assumed as a part of her shaman ability. so i think she's doing a fine job with it and she's able to deliver her lines with conviction. we can't expect her too bawl out like when hwon or yang myung or everyone else related to yeon woo whenever they remember her because she was weaned by nok young to form no attachment (just my conclusion because the very first time the adult yeon woo/wol came back while they were in the dock, nok young warned her to form no attachments with people and i therefore conclude that's why people think ga in's character seems to not connect with the people around her) well i think since we feel that, ga in had been able to portray her character well.

You know my 'wicked' sense of humor in seeing different perspectives.  I can put a 'spin' on anything and have a good laugh.  Or, look at things differently so that it's even worse.  Such as my different ways of consummating the marriage.  (And, I did even write all the scenarios that popped up in my head.)   :P

I agree with you regarding HGI.  Actually, if one thinks about the situation, from a different perspective, one can say that she's doing a good acting job BECAUSE since she is older than the rest of the main cast, and yet, one can't discern any age gap between her and the rest of the main cast.  Just review the scene where she asked Hwon if that was the place where he left his sadness.  If she hadn't been able to nullify the age difference, no one would have anticipate the sexual tension between them.  If she couldn't act, how could  the viewer feel like there might be a kiss forthcoming.  What  the viewer feels and anticipates is a good indication of how well the performers are doing.

HGI may not be the strongest of actresses.  But, she has nothing to be ashamed of.  Actually, the role of YW/Wol is a very difficult one to perform because she has to be someone stunted at 13 yrs old and also a 21 yr old adult woman, who has limited exposure to the workings of the world.  I really like how she came to life in the scene with YM in the paper store. She was a bright and confident young woman.  And, this contrasts so differently with her scenes in the palace and with Hwon, where her confidence is shaky, at best.   Therein, lies examples of how she is able to act well in her role.  Can she do better?  Of course, that's a given for every single performer.  But, just because there is room to do better, doesn't equate to doing badly now.  That's comparing apples to oranges.  -_-

With all the favorable comment regarding HGI's acting and with a final say from our dear Auntie Mame, I can finally put this case to rest!!!! :D:D

I always believe in my heart that she is doing really well as YW but seeing those negative comments made me think if I am just blinded by my love for her... :D:D I just love her since Terms of Endearment..

--------------------

BTW, seeing episode 10. I just love it when Hwon is saying she is just a lowly shaman yet his action is telling otherwise and his heart is betraying him. I love it when he told HS to call the doctor to tender her for him and when he pretend to be asleep while she is beside him. I just felt his longing when she left without touching him, just like she always do and of course when he told Hwon to send her home secretly. :wub::wub:

@Betchay: I also love the idea of the "KING & the TALISMAN" hehehhe! Have you noticed Hwon being uneasy and having a hard time sleeping without Wol at his side? If he is acting like a sick puppy without his master, I just can't imagine YW being reinstated to her rightful place and becomes the Queen, I am sure we are going to see an heir within a month and a princess within a year...

Aren't we going to see the preview for ep 11 tomorrow????

Woon is growing on me... Why these guys need to fall for one woman??? It breaks my heart seeing YM's unrequited love and Woon added to that grieve. Actually, I just find it a little odd when Hwon told YW if she is there to strangle him? Well, Woon was there all the time and I don't think he will let it go if somebody dares to lay his finger to harm the King. Hehhehe! When Woon looked for Wol, I believe that the stones he found on the vacant hut are somewhat significant but I haven’t found the answer until episode 10.

Speaking of the next episode, I am really hoping that YW will be able to regain her memory back. KSH and JIW’s are EXTREMELY AWESOME and I wanted to see the the same passion and angst I’ve seen in their eyes with YW’s eyes! I understand that she doesn’t know her identity and she has already accepted the fact that she is just a shaman that’s why she cannot return the same intensity. Though I want to understand BUT I am really frustrated! I am not complaining about HGI's acting as I believe she is delivering it well and the situation requires for that feeling but I want more…. and more and more and a KISS!!! :wub::wub:

At this point, I am excited to see episode 11 but the same time I am afraid to face it as I feel that the rivalry between brothers will officially start next week with YM not backing out this time despite his unrequited love and with Hwon who don't want to repeat the mistake of not being able to protect the woman he truly loves.

Yes Woon would never let any harm come to Hwon. She would have been dead long before that point. I think Hwon was startled at the situation. Here is a woman that he was searching for, now she is here in his room. He is angry thinking the meeting in the woods were all a ploy by his enemies. That it was to lure him with a woman who looks like his Yeon Woo and thinking it was a plot to murder him. Now after Woon's investigations he realizes that Wol and their meeting was all coincidental, fate, destiny however we are going to tag it. Now he doesn't want to ever let her GO. She stirs up the emotions and desires that he probably thought he would never feel after the death of Yeon Woo. He is tormented inside because she is a Shaman. He the King, the most powerful in the land yet is powerless in Wol's presence. Even after the month of services are over, he will never let her go. As for what those services will entail, we can just let our imaginations go wild but in the end, she will be Queen and she will be carrying the Heir.

As for HGI's acting I am in total agreement with all your posts!! She cannot act like the young Yeon Woo because she isn't meant to be her at this point in the story. She is Wol. Lost her memory, now a Shaman, getting all these emotions and flashes of memory. Wishing that she could be Yeon Woo but knowing she isn't at this time. Right now she is confused, bewildered, shocked, in agony and that is the look she has to portray. I think there will be a huge transformation once she knows that she is Yeon Woo. Most importantly I agree with you 10000000% about the kiss. I totally want that EPIC KISS!!! Can we have some fire works and flower petals too? Just like when he did his confession to Yeon Woo the first time with the mask? I can't wait for KSH and HGI to deliver their passionate KISS on screen. I bet it will knock the socks off of the "vampire prosecutor." (Sorry, nothing personal, just business) Loved Eja's post of the pic. That was awesome.

Yang Myung will not make the same mistake twice and I think that will make the second half of this drama even more exciting. WE have always seen young Yang Myung give it all up for Hwon. His friends, his title and Yeon Woo. This second time around knowing that Yeon Woo is alive, he will do everything in his power to make sure Yeon Woo does not become the queen and will try to spare her from the palace life. Will they run away together and Hwon will go crazy trying to find her in episode 11??? I can't wait for epsidode 11. I hope Yang Myung will keep his promise. Do not back down. Fight for your love and give it your all. Only then will you have no regrets of what might have been.