[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Guest arathegreat

Hi guys!

Just wanted to share some news I read regarding the drama.

They are saying that The Moon That Embraces The Sun will air 5 minutes earlier than usual today and that the timing is also extended to 80 minutes which is 5 minutes longer than the usual. ^^

Wow, seems like today's episode is chunky since it'll be longer than usual.

Thanks @syaiira for the news.

I know everyone's so excited to watch the very first full show of the adult leads.

Guest kiluwatta

Wow, after City Hunter I never imagine that another drama can make me so giddy by just watching previews! I gotta admit I was one of the majority that was very nervous about the HGI and KSH's pairing because I know that KSH can carry any role but HGI, I've never really watched any of her dramas so I wasn't sure of her acting capabilities. The age difference didn't really matter that much because Ga In has such a baby face that I knew it would be fine.

If anyone can answer me, I'm a little confused with the Queen Dowager (or the evil grandma). Isn't the current King her son? If he's already sitting on the throne, why is she killing everyone off including our main actress' father or am I missing something important here?

I know it's hard to tell at this point, but are we going to get a happy ending???

about your question regarding the Queen Dowager, she belong to the royal family because she married the king, but before that she was from a noble household(remember there are different factions and alliances between noble families ). Even though she is now part of the royal family her loyalty still remains to the clan where she came from. (becoming queen gives you power to put your family members in official posts and control over court) In order to preserve her family's power she cannot accept anyone becoming queen except from her own family or clan. The main actress and her father would belong to another clan or noble family(a competition) and therefore not acceptable by the Dowager Queen.

ccs.jpg

ksyking.jpgcoming.jpgsunnmoon_photo120125113221imbcdrama2.jpg

cr as tagged

EDIT

alexus girl, i dont know if I could contain my self? Everytime, I see KSY, i feel that strong force urging me to do it hahahaha, he is such a big temptation. Why he so manly?? Thats why i try not to post as much as i can and now, i can taste the chemistry between HGI and KSY after watching the latest preview..

Guest GRAPEJUICE

Wow...... when they see each other through the fog.. that is amazing. Hwon's eyes.

Kimsoohyun really is a good actor for his age.

Guest Trina987

There are several places you can watch this subbed - You'll have to wait for subs each week (it usually takes a couple of days before a new subbed episode is up) and you can always check this thread too. 

ViKi will probably have subs up the fastest when new episodes come out each week:

http://www.viki.com/...-the-sun/videos

Kimchi Drama:

http://www.kimchidra...braces-sun.html

Natnatvip:

http://www.natnatvip...ish-subbed.html

DramaCrazy:

http://www.dramacraz...braces-the-sun/

Please read my note regarding viki site... Thank you.. I am looking forward of watching episode 7... =D

I asked this same question awhile back on Couch Kimchi,

And they referred me to a couple of dramas where the 2nd lead gets the girl

How to Meet A Perfect Neighbor

Queen Of Reversals 

What's odd is that in both of these drama, the 2nd lead is Park Shi Hoo. *heehee* So OF COURSE he gets the girl! (how could this gorgeous hunk of man NOT get the girl!) 

I can't wait for YW/Wol to meet up with either Prince Hwon or Myung. (at this point, I don't care who she meets up with first) I just can't wait for them to meet again! 

Thanks for that info. I haven't seen either one of those dramas but knowing that Park Shi Hoo gets the girl I might check it out. But seriously what was the other male actor thinking going against PSH?? What woman could resist him???

Hello MoonSun Girls..I'm new here

Super happy to see some lovely friends here already..I hope they remember me PACH!!

I have to say I have not posted at Soompi for a few months there are quite reason for that but after watching MoonSun I think I should come back to this wonderful place where the Moon is shining and the Sun is also there together..

So happy to see you here PACH!!!! It's been too long. Well, not sure if we can misbehave like we did at the Greatest Love thread but I have made a vow to 1Crazynyt that I will try to behave. I think we are safe if we keep our posts at PG14?? :phew:

Yes I loved the reflection on the pond scene where the moon was shining and Hwon was standing beside it. A place where the moon and sun can be together. I hope that place will be used in the future for some romantic scenes for our couple?? Some of the lines sound so beautiful, like poetry. But I guess back then they talked like that? Too deep for me but lovely nonetheless.

I was in search of a good drama after being disappointed with atk which i didn't finish and

started this one last night.... now i'm done with all the episodes and can't wait for the

next one. really love the kids who played the lead roles. a part of me didn't want them

to grow up anymore but i know they will. i hope this drama won't disappoint...so far, i

enjoyed/loved the first six episode ride. :wub:

Faye19 Missed you girl!!! Glad that you found this drama. I had to let Starcandii know about this one and she already dropped off some goodies in the previous pages. Not sure what atk stands for but I am glad that you found this drama too. When the kids are acting for a Sageuk I usually can't wait for their role to be done and over with. Sometimes I will even wait till the adults have come on board then start watching the drama. But for this one I wished that their roles were a lot longer and that they didn't have to leave so soon. They are just superb!!!! I really liked Lee Min Ho. He is going to be amazing! Can't wait till he does a drama where he is main lead and gets the girl!!! I could probably go on and on about why I think he is amazing but I think I will save it for another day.

After watching the preview:

I hope Yang Myung will try to follow through with his vow he made to himself. That next life she will be his, that he will be the one to protect her. His love for Yeon Woo is deep and respectful but his love always seems too cautious. He just needs to throw himself out there. IN reality he did meet Yeon Woo first so he may have had more opportunities but it only took Hwon One chance meeting to spark the love between them. Hwon just seems to be a go getter! I like that. Even in the previews he doesn't seems to be holding back at all. He is curious, he will seek and try to follow what his heart is telling him. Go get em Tiger!!

Uh oh ... is there a problem with ViKi? I can watch the videos just fine. Is there region restrictions or something for others? *quoted image*

Yeah, the content owner (MBC) would only give Viki permission  to allow viewers, in North America, Central America, South America, Singapore and Malaysia to watch it. (I think I have all the regions correct.) They would not even allow the QC(qualified contributors) in other regions to watch it. 

For what reasons, I don't know.  But, that's what MBC wanted. And, they did not give permission (sell a license) to Viki until ep. 5 had televised.

Yeah, the content owner (MBC) would only give Viki permission  to allow viewers, in North America, Central America, South America, Singapore and Malaysia to watch it. (I think I have all the regions correct.) They would not even allow the QC(qualified contributors) in other regions to watch it. 

For what reasons, I don't know.  But, that's what MBC wanted. And, they did not give permission (sell a license) to Viki until ep. 5 had televised.

Ah, thankee. That stinks for those in regions not given permission. (MBC is so strange) But other sites have also been super fast with subs so I think it'll be okay. And there are 3 main blogs doing recaps (Softy at Rebel Souls is doing live recaps so you get a play by play while it's happening) 

EDIT: I meant Softy at Rebel Souls. blush.gif

The Sun and the Moon is Most Popular TV Program of the Week

MBC drama The Moon that Embraces the Sun (The Sun and the Moon) which breaks its own highest ratings record finally lives up to expectations, becoming the highest rated program for the week.

According statistics from AGB Nielson media research company, among the programs aired from January 16th, 2012 to January 22nd, 2012, The Moon that Embraces the Sun is ranked as the most popular show with the rating of 27.1%.

Following right after The Moon that Embraces the Sun is KBS 2TV weekend drama Ojakgyo Brothers that topped the weekend drama with 26.3% rating, but ranked among all the programs of the week at second place. KBS 1TV Only You (My One and Only) crowned as the champion for weekeday drama, and ranked 3rd for overall weekly ranking.

The Sunday variety show Gag Concert ranked forth among all programs with ratings of 18.7%, and is the most popular variety show.

The natural and vivid interpretation of child actors in The Moon that Embraces the Sun has attracted a large base of audience. From January 18th, 2012, Han Ga In, Kim Soo Hyun, Jung Il Woo and other adult actors started making their appearance, opening the second act of the drama.

credit: asian-drama

Faye19 Missed you girl!!! Glad that you found this drama. I had to let Starcandii know about this one and she already dropped off some goodies in the previous pages. Not sure what atk stands for but I am glad that you found this drama too. When the kids are acting for a Sageuk I usually can't wait for their role to be done and over with. Sometimes I will even wait till the adults have come on board then start watching the drama. But for this one I wished that their roles were a lot longer and that they didn't have to leave so soon. They are just superb!!!! I really liked Lee Min Ho. He is going to be amazing! Can't wait till he does a drama where he is main lead and gets the girl!!! I could probably go on and on about why I think he is amazing but I think I will save it for another day.

After watching the preview:

I hope Yang Myung will try to follow through with his vow he made to himself. That next life she will be his, that he will be the one to protect her. His love for Yeon Woo is deep and respectful but his love always seems too cautious. He just needs to throw himself out there. IN reality he did meet Yeon Woo first so he may have had more opportunities but it only took Hwon One chance meeting to spark the love between them. Hwon just seems to be a go getter! I like that. Even in the previews he doesn't seems to be holding back at all. He is curious, he will seek and try to follow what his heart is telling him. Go get em Tiger!!

You bet! Those kids are awesome. They made me laugh and cry and because they were so good, I hardly noticed that I finished all the episodes already. And with everybody's indulgence.... let me just spazz.... OMG... it just goes to show that a reunion is inevitable if something really good comes out. It's been a while. Maybe it's not going to take three years before another drama joins my siggy of my faves.

Miss you more! I hope star and the rest of the girls will soon hear the good news :D

atk is a thousand kisses .... went as far as epi 32 .... did a marathon for two days and stopped ....

i find the adult actor who plays yeom perfectly fitting for his role, he looks like as he supposed to be as the 'older' version of young yeom. feel so sad for him to have to get all this 'looking old ' critisim at him! fury.gif

Oh my god. I've just learned that:

- Actor Kim Jeong Hoon scheduled to play Heo Yeom but dropped out the  series prior to filming due to his album being released early 2012 in  Japan. Song Jae Hee has been replaced for this role.

Just imagine what this serie would have been with this eye-candy....

With KSH and JIW I would have been lost ...

OK, I'm willing to give his chance to Song Jae Hee, but admit that it's a little wasteful.

Yes, I was very disappointed when I heard about this before too. THAT would have been super eyecandy :wub: Even though John Hoon is older than the others, he could totally pass off as the adult version of Siwan :wub: Oh well, it is what it is :phew:

Guest kat_joy

Hi Just want some help where can I watch this online today is there any link ..Im just addicted to this series I hope that it will be show here in the Philippines ...Tnx