[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Guest dramaok

heh i think the production could've saved themselves from a lot of complains about the older cast if they had followed the way the book was written and started from the older years for the first couple of chapters, that way the viewers get used to the older version and when they think back the will use the older version's looks as the benchmarks instead of the other way around.

a lot of people are just having a hard time letting the younger cast go because they were just remarkable. i personally have never seen children acting out such tragic and deep-seeded, overwhelming love and agony as these children did. in a way it was a bit strange i felt like my eyes were fooling me and i was confused about my feelings for Yeo Jin Gu. lol. so i am relieved to see the kid go to save my salvation. >__<

i think it's too early to say anything definitive about the adult cast. the character Yeom and Woon are both pretty heavy roles so i want to have faith in the audition process by the experts and i want to look forward to whatever it was that they saw in these two actors that had the producer cast such inexperienced actors.

as for Han Ga In, also too early to tell. i think the most important aspect has to be the chemistry. the young cast had unbelievable chemistry and part of it is that they are all similar in age and right age for their part, and that is a challenge that the older cast is dealt with, being all over the age map, but from whatever I've seen of Jung Il Woo in his past roles, he is very good with his female counterparts, noona too. KSH i can't tell and i don't know. he does his alone parts really well and he's very dashing. let's just hope he and Han Ga in have great chemistry too.

anyways, hope this drama keeps the momentum the young cast toiled to create and this will become a huge hit.

I really miss SKKS and i realize what great casting they had, when i think about it . . .

but this is from the same writer of the novels and she is good at bringing out words that go straight to the heart so i'm hopeful.

ep. 5-6 were the sad episodes. and now we have some good episodes to come. at first i was not into the memory loss idea but now that i think about it, i can see the lure in it as well. falling in love with same person twice is something to speak for too.

btw i really like Jansil (Bae Nuri) casting. so much spirit and such a breath of fresh air.

i like Seol casting too. this character is the one that broke my heart the most among the female characters and i can see i will love her.

Bokyeong, I adore Minseo. she is just unfortunately cast opposite an actor who has a face half her size and it makes her look big, which is so sad.

Guest flowerboyramyunshop_FB

I don't think Jung Ilwoo's Yang Myung is the same as Cha Chisoo. The overall "feeling/soul" of Yang Myung is different from Chisoo. Chisoo always had this comic/nervous edge to him that Yang Myung doesn't. But it is understandable why people would think of Chisoo because at the end of the day Jung Ilwoo is still Jung Ilwoo--so there's bound to be some mannerisms and gestures similar to the characters that he plays. It is also the timing of Moon Sun, having come right away after FBRS--so Chisoo is still fresh to a lot of people.

Now the "gap" between Lee Minho and Jung Ilwoo is that they really don't have the same facial type. I argue that Kim Soo Hyun and Yeo Jin gu actually have similar facial types, so the "transition" is easier to see. I always thought that Siwan looked more like a younger Ilwoo than Lee Minho. But acting-wise, I don't really see such a gap to the point that it bothered me. Actually, when I was watching Lee Minho, I was thinking that his acting approximated that of Jung Ilwoo's style.

Btw, for me, the Yeom character only became interesting because of Siwan. And now that his adult counterpart is there--who is not "flowery" enough, I kinda lost interest in him--unlike before when I was looking forward to the Yeom scenes. I guess it's similar to other people who like the aesthetic look of the younger counterparts better than the older ones. Meaning, if your taste goes in the "Lee Minho" facial-type trend, most likely it would be difficult to watch Jung Ilwoo. But for me it's the other way around, "facially-speaking", I like Jung Ilwoo better. :wub:

actually, we it can be helped to make reference to young cast's physiques versus the adult version. but yeah. i much agree to everything you said.(ive blabbered about this at my post # 969)   We have the same impression regarding the LMH - JIW . not the physical aspect but the mannerisms--it's there.

one instance when myung first brawl in episode  1 versus that of chi soo's (not the character but JIW mannerism i am referring to ^_^ ) when he was punched by Kang hyuk . same reaction there it got me in an instant of a future Yang myung :)

SHARE: .gif about YW's death

credit : tumblr

tumblr_ly4muvKf3e1qalso0o3_250.giftumblr_ly4muvKf3e1qalso0o4_250.gif

tumblr_ly4muvKf3e1qalso0o5_250.giftumblr_ly4muvKf3e1qalso0o6_250.gif

*quoted image*

On the lighter side of the story, I would like to share some bloopers. I didn't notice anything, if they were not pointed out clearly.. ( Im so into KSY, and nothing else matters just him) I wish, the production staff would be more extra careful or pay more attention next time coz viewers are very keen observant..

*quoted image**quoted image**quoted image**quoted image**quoted image*

Greetings from our Crowned Prince & Princess.

nate

Ahh . . . this type of 'blooper's always happen in every drama because they don't have, what is known in Hollywood as, a  'continuity person'.  This person's entire job is to remember/marked exactly the physical appearance of the set, when filming ends for each scene.  This is to ensure that when the next scene is 'continue', everything is right back in place where the previous scene ended.   And, the next scene may not be filmed for days or weeks later.

Although, the 'bloopers' just in this scene is quite excessive.  There's usually not so many.  There are so many bloopers that one wonders if it is even the same scene.  Maybe, the dowager queen's room had a remodeling job.  LOL w00t.gif  These bloopers seem to be an indication that the drama is rushing a lot.  phew.gif

^thx guys for the updates

starcandii and iheden ,at this moment only blue is translating the novel,I'm eager to read the next chaps too but we'll have to be patient blush.gif she should be updating chap 6 during this week's time.

thx padhari and jazzer for chap 7 preview,surprised the writers decided to how with this route.anyhowi think the romance wil heat up next wed ,finally get to see the older casts chemistry,lets be hopeful:)

Guest fiercediva

Ahh . . . this type of 'blooper's always happen in every drama because they don't have, what is known in Hollywood as, a  'continuity person'.  This person's entire job is to remember/marked exactly the physical appearance of the set, when filming ends for each scene.  This is to ensure that when the next scene is 'continue', everything is right back in place where the previous scene ended.   And, the next scene may not be filmed for days or weeks later.

Although, the 'bloopers' just in this scene is quite excessive.  There's usually not so many.  There are so many bloopers that one wonders if it is even the same scene.  Maybe, the dowager queen's room had a remodeling job.  LOL w00t.gif  These bloopers seem to be an indication that the drama is rushing a lot.  phew.gif

I had no idea that there were no script supervisors on kdramas! Script supervisors don't just remember where everything was, they take still pictures of all the actors and extras in costume and of the set decorations during shooting so that they can help match everything up, and mistakes can still happen occasionally, even with those precautions. Considering how many character still photos and selcas are taken on a kdrama set for publicity, you would think it would not be hard to have a couple people doing that task for such an ambitious production. Oh well, I hope we don't see anyone's wristwatch or cell phone peeking out during a crucial scene! :)

These bloopers don't really bother me ... maybe I'm so focus on the plot itself that I really don't take notices of these bloppers until I read about them ... I actually think these bloopers are fun cause I don't know about them so when I read it, I go back into the episode and be like "Ah, why didn't I see that!" lol

But totally agree with you ... it does indicate through these bloopers that they are rushing and the idea of live-shooting really irks me so hopefully it doesn't wear the cast and crew out soon ...

Can't wait for next week!!!

Synopsis Summary for Episode 7 of The Moon that Embraces the Sun (The Sun and the Moon)

Title:

Receiving the summon from guru Hye Gak, Nok Young instructs Yeon Woo time and again to beware of stranger while walking on the street.

At the same time, Yeon Woo hears of the imperial carriage of the king will pass through the place, and she is very curious. She ignores the urge by Seol to stay, and walks towards the street.

Lee Hwon who has absolutely no idea that Yeon Woo is still alive is looking at himself, where his face looks very terrible en route the royal passage. Yeon Woo looks at his appearance from a distance, as if she used to know him. The feeling let Yeon Woo falls into confusion.

credit: asian-drama

*sneaks in* Hello everyone! (: First post on this thread!

I was actually comtemplating whether or not I should make a post, since I don't know if I'll be able to be very active at the moment;;

BUT this is the first drama that I've enjoyed in a while so I definitely wanted to watch it with soompi! (:

oh, and I'm happy to see some familiar faces on this thread? (hello SG family! I missed you all! <3)

Err,, I really don't have much to say, so how about some lovely wallpapers of the beautiful drama instead? (:

Hi starcandii! Welcome back! <3 Last place I saw you was in the SG thread, I'm glad you're liking this drama. :D

I don't understand the Dowager’s logic. She killed her son’s half brother to secure his spot in throne, he had some kids and his son (of his first wife) is now king, what more is there? She's already on the top.

I mean I could understand if she’s power hungry and all, but it makes no sense considering her own descendants are clearly on the throne and there is no threat…? She's supporting that evil minister instead because they're in the same clan and not her own children and grandchildrens??

aroma83, Well, in palace politics, it's actually a smart thing to do if the child (the half-brother) shows qualities of being a great leader (or she just wants to clear the path, because in any way, a plot agains her son is possible, AS long as the one who can replace her son is the son of the King). :D Her son's half brother probably still had supporters and maybe that kid was as brilliant as her son, and that was a threat to her son's ascend to the throne. It's been said in this thread that Yang Myung purposely acts to be outgoing and happy-go-lucky because this way his supporters might plot against Hwon.

And it's not just about securing the throne, it's about securing the power of your WHOLE clan. Putting Bokyung at the side of the King as the Queen makes them more powerful than before. They're clearly untouchable. :D

21n2j9x.png

안으로는 할마마마를 움직이고

밖으로는 영상을 움직인다?

아주 든든한 뒷배를 둬서 좋겠소. 중전은…

친영례 때 내가 했던 말을 기억하오?

잊었다면 다시 한번 말해주지…

그대와 그대의 가문은 원하는 모든 것을 얻게 될 것이나

내마음까지는 바라지 마시오.

절대로 가질수 없을 것이니…

-훤

To have the Queen Dowager from inside the palace,

And your father on the outside,

It must be so fortunate to have such support, Queen.

Do you remember what I said at our wedding?

If you have forgotten, let me remind you.

You and your family may get everything that you desire,

But don’t expect to take my heart as well.

Because you will never get it.

-Hwon

-episode 6

creds to http://drama-cheese.tumblr.com

I <3 hwon with the crazy look in his eye.

This scene was so refreshing.

I don't think Jung Ilwoo's Yang Myung is the same as Cha Chisoo. The overall "feeling/soul" of Yang Myung is different from Chisoo. Chisoo always had this comic/nervous edge to him that Yang Myung doesn't. But it is understandable why people would think of Chisoo because at the end of the day Jung Ilwoo is still Jung Ilwoo--so there's bound to be some mannerisms and gestures similar to the characters that he plays. It is also the timing of Moon Sun, having come right away after FBRS--so Chisoo is still fresh to a lot of people.

Now the "gap" between Lee Minho and Jung Ilwoo is that they really don't have the same facial type. I argue that Kim Soo Hyun and Yeo Jin gu actually have similar facial types, so the "transition" is easier to see. I always thought that Siwan looked more like a younger Ilwoo than Lee Minho. But acting-wise, I don't really see such a gap to the point that it bothered me. Actually, when I was watching Lee Minho, I was thinking that his acting approximated that of Jung Ilwoo's style.

Btw, for me, the Yeom character only became interesting because of Siwan. And now that his adult counterpart is there--who is not "flowery" enough, I kinda lost interest in him--unlike before when I was looking forward to the Yeom scenes. I guess it's similar to other people who like the aesthetic look of the younger counterparts better than the older ones. Meaning, if your taste goes in the "Lee Minho" facial-type trend, most likely it would be difficult to watch Jung Ilwoo. But for me it's the other way around, "facially-speaking", I like Jung Ilwoo better. :wub:

Thanks for posting this snklgs, you posted all my thoughts to the letter!laugh.gif

Yes, i completely agree with u. Hwon was obligated to marry Bo-Kyung, a marriage arranged for political reasons by the Dowager, he had to marry her even if he didn't want it. He lost his first love, his fiance in a blink of time, i can understand why we would resent and hate Bo-Kyung (in his eyes she is only a puppet to be manipulate for power, Hwon is very clever and it's obvious he can see through her actress mode). Also i think he knows YW's death have something to do with the Dowager, he was just too powerless at the time to do anything, he's waiting for an opportunity to revenge???

I don't understand the Dowager’s logic. She killed her son’s half brother to secure his spot in throne, he had some kids and his son (of his first wife) is now king, what more is there? She's already on the top.

I mean I could understand if she’s power hungry and all, but it makes no sense considering her own descendants are clearly on the throne and there is no threat…? She's supporting that evil minister instead because they're in the same clan and not her own children and grandchildrens??

I think the Dowager is just a evil power hungry crazy woman, so her decision really don't need to make sense. She has a nutty version of how the world should be and like Hitler has the means to blitz krig over everybody.fury.gif

Guest Lannister

I am really enjoying this drama.

I think the child actors are great, they did a great job.

I hate evil pinkberryes in drama, they make me so tense and anxious. Gah!

As expected, in every sageuk, watch out for the evil, plotting ministers and dowager queen.

OH AND PEOPLE PLEASE PUT SPOILERS IN TAGS, EVEN IF IT IS FROM THE NOVEL. I JUST READ A MAJOR SPOILER AND I THINK IT IS SO UNFAIR TO RUIN THE DRAMA FOR OTHERS. IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS THE NOVEL VS DRAMA, CREATE A SUB THREAD OR USE SPOILER TAGS, PLEASE.

Guest *lyrynne*

I'm guessing that the Granny Queen doesn't like outsiders in the family. the former king's stepbrother was killed and she obviously doesn't want yangmyung to be king as well because he's a concubine's son. she also doesn't want a concubine to bear a child for the king and insisted that it should be the queen who should bear a child. i dunno..i haven't read the second book and i'm still half way on the first one.

Actor Jeong Il Woo gets dark circles from a series of overnight shooting

January 21, 2012 10:25 pm cloud2c2h

ajpngtpcmaa6umj.jpg

Actor Jeong Il Woo recently told us how he had been doing.

On January 21, Jung tweeted a picture with the comment, “I got great dark circles from a series of overnight shooting. But I’m enjoying the shooting even during the holidays. Have a wonderful holidays and a happy new year!”

In the picture, Jeong is seen staring the camera, wearing a hanbok and traditional hat. His white complexion makes the dark circles stand out.

Netizens responded: “I love the series The Moon That Embraces the Sun.” “Broccolis are effective for getting rid of dark circles.” “You must be exhausted with constant shooting schedule. Cheer up!”

Source: Starnews

credit: Korea.com