[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Wow, those pics of Grandma in black  *quoted image* scary dowager is scary. (LOL) She just freaks me out. I loved that the King let her know he's fully aware of the evil plotting and murder she pulled against his half-brother. And he stood up to her. (although this seemed to make her even angrier?) She's like a nightmare when she's angry. *quoted image*

leslie_lei - I'm a huge fan of Seol/Yeom (as I'm sure you can tell by now) so I LOVE that pic you made! What does it say in the middle? *quoted image*  I apologize if my thoughts for this couple keep bubbling up and make it seen that I'm arguing with everyone over Princess Minhwa. Silly of me to do that, it's a drama on TV. *quoted image* 

I'm enjoying the conversations about this story and book very much! And thanks to everyone for all the pics, spoilers and interviews! 

hahaha no probs...oh i dont know what is the meaning of the text TT_______TT but i have to agree the Seol and Yeom manip is pretty good. As for Minhwa I adore the child actress that's why i cant bear people hating her LOLOLOL...but then i hope il like the adult version of Minhwa because she's the not so nice girl in MOH HEHE.

YeonWoo's face is kinda weird below.>.<

92c219e0gw1dp16boalljj.jpg

92c219e0gw1dp16atzi53j.jpg

I also found this morning at Couch Kimchi some ADORABLE pics of Yeo Jin Goo and Kim Yoo Jung! (I love Couch Kimchi, they always come up with great stuff) The link is here:

http://couchkimchi.wordpress.com/2012/01/13/before-the-moon-that-embraces-the-sun-baby-faced-yeo-jin-goo-kim-yoo-jung-for-10asia/

LOL at Jin Goo and his bubblegum. laugh.gif I have a feeling all these child actors will be huge stars. 

leslie_lei,

Would you mind if I took a copy of that picture of Seol and Yeom for myself?  

Guest flowerboyramyunshop_FB

MBC PHOTOS

the lass and lads are having a grreat time filming this drama, despite the cold weather blush.gif

388537_168690189903720_152170751555664_221847_1866193470_n.jpg

390559_168690399903699_152170751555664_221848_824968042_n.jpg

375240_168682386571167_152170751555664_221830_2097167504_n.jpg

375343_168682349904504_152170751555664_221829_1681950101_n.jpg

374217_168682309904508_152170751555664_221828_985944719_n.jpg

fan arts : taken from moonsun dc

393866_168701309902608_152170751555664_221861_1413402222_n.jpg

and since episode 4 is a sad episode for all yang myung fans, i hope this will cheer you up like me :w00t:

406736_168702633235809_152170751555664_221862_604733444_n.jpg

After reading ockoala and dramabeans recaps I feel even more depressed because of Yang Myung. They really need to stop with those heartbreaking scenes in every episodes. My eyes are already swollen from crying. But as many others have said before, his complicated relationship with his father and the love for Hwon left heavier impact on me than his love for YW.

I think there's going to be a nationwide Yang Myung syndrome in Korea like it was with Ji Hoo sunbae syndrome during BOF.

After reading ockoala and dramabeans recaps I feel even more depressed because of Yang Myung. They really need to stop with those heartbreaking scenes in every episodes. My eyes are already swollen from crying. But as many others have said before, his complicated relationship with his father and the love for Hwon left heavier impact on me than his love for YW.

I think there's going to be a nationwide Yang Myung syndrome in Korea like it was with Ji Hoo sunbae syndrome during BOF.

there's already a syndrome going on DC Gallery for Yang Myung hehe...so i think it will peak during when the adult cast step in... TT_______TT

@tessieroo go ahead ^^

Oh! there's already a Yang Myung syndrome on DC :w00t: The rest of the nation should follow soon, right? Oh! I'm so excited already for Jung Ilwoo :wub: Right now, I'm not really that excited about Hwon+Yeo Woon; because for me, they really look like kids. So I'm not really feeling their romance. Now, at least Lee Minho is a bit older. I'm really looking forward to episode 6 next week, because, for sure, my reaction towards Yang Myung being rejected by the world ( but being adored by netizens and the world :wub: ) will surely flower like a thousand blooming cherry blossoms :D:ph34r:

Oh! there's already a Yang Myung syndrome on DC :w00t:  The rest of the nation should follow soon, right? Oh! I'm so excited already for Jung Ilwoo :wub:  Right now, I'm not really that excited about Hwon+Yeo Woon; because for me, they really look like kids. So I'm not really feeling their romance. Now, at least Lee Minho is a bit older. I'm really looking forward to episode 6 next week, because, for sure, my reaction towards Yang Myung being rejected by the world ( but being adored by netizens and the world :wub: ) will surely flower like a thousand blooming cherry blossoms :D:ph34r:

I would actually be surprised if there wasn't any YM syndrome going aroundlaugh.gif He's such a heartbreaker! This writer is really good at tugging at your heartstrings with the second male lead characters,( like MJS from SKKS), and now she's done it again .I'm actually more worried about how YM is going to take the news of YW's "death", than I am about Hwon. sad.gif

I just found some photo to share...

I remember Yeo Jin-goo, he is also in historical drama young version of Yong er. if you watch the drama Iljimae which is the lead actor is  Lee Jun Ki, that time he is still very young I think he is 9 or 10 years old... He is great child actor and I adore him.. his acting in Iljimae can get the attention of viewer coz its really a heart breaking drama and you cannot stop your tears...

yeo.jpg

yeo1.jpg

yeo3.jpg

yeo2.jpg

yeo4.jpg

yeo5.jpg

yeo6.jpg

yeo7.jpg

yeo8.jpg

photo from

Facebook  

Guest rainyrainy

Too cute rainyrainy Yes, Woon and Seol the KickAssDuo?? Nice ring to it. My heart is breaking so badly for Prince Myeong as well. Especially after what Jazzer posted about him in the previous post in spoilers  :tears:  I have a strong feeling that I will be a two timer with the two male leads or even a three timer if Woon is also in love with Wol as well.

I am soooooo happy to finally have a drama worth being addicted to, swoon over, check the thread for spoilers, updates and posts. Also(can't believe that I am even saying this) but am looking forward to the major K-drama withdrawl I will suffer after this drama is done!! Because bigger the withdrawl, shows how much the drama was loved. Yes!!! Bring on all the kdrama syndromes! IT definitely will be worth it!!! :D

Unnieeeeeeeeee finally we get to meet in one drama after a Long time , missed ur posts and comments dear and now I'll be waiting for all ur insights and which couple u will ship hehehehe , I'm also so into this drama but more for Yeom- MH than any other charactere at least for now , I'm dreading the time the male adults ( Kim Soo Hyun  and jung il woo ) will start playing becoz for sure it will be toooooo hard for me to choose between the two cutypies , but then for more safety for my mind I guess I will stick with Yeom-MH .

I know MH will participate to Wol's murder but I'm sure she didn't  do that on purpose and that the granny-queen did something to trick her to help her , she is too innocent to be counciously involved in such cruel thing

anyway this is my first during-the-week-drama I'm involved in after some months now ( during the weekend I'm crazy about a rocking family drama ) and eventhough I won't be able to log on to soompi as often as I used to do before since I can't have  access to it anymore at my work place ( I wonder how my work internal control was able to capture this website and close it  wacko.gifsad.gif ) but I will for sure try to keep myself updated with all the spoilers and infos and pix posted by our friends here .

unnie , I will be also eagerly waiting for ur analyses and posts , let the good old days comes back biggrin.gif

Guest GRAPEJUICE

Er... just want to ask something ^^

The issue "marrying her is like cutting his wings" is one of historical facts or it's just a part of author's fiction?

I could get the part when Hwon said that Yang Myung cant do anything politics-relative, cause I know the same situation was stated in The Princess's Man But the Prince Consort issue really confused me :blink: If an outstanding young man like Yeom shouldnt be just Princess's husband, cause its such a waste of talent, then how about Kim Seung Yoo in The Princess's Man ^^ Thanks in advance for anyone clear it up for me :)

I had the exact same question! I always assumed it would be a huge honor and powerful position for a yangban to become the husband of a princess, so it was really surprising when the king said the most talented and intelligent men would not be happy as the husband of a princess. I guess if you think about it, it could be true for a genius like Yeom who is not interested in power rather academics/righteousness. I never watched The Princess's Man, but was this how it was in that storyline too?

I know most people dislike Princess Minhwa but I really feel sorry for her too. Btw it was really hysterical when she was like "Then I have to take one of the leftovers??" LOL! So sad...

----

Also, is it just me that I'm not feeling the love between Yunwoo and Hwon?? I get that they are destined to be together (or not), but I don't understand how they could fall in love so fast. Didn't Yeonwoo just find him frustrating in the beginning like she feels toward Yangmyeong? It's only after she finds out he is a prince that she begins to treat him with respect and thinks about him all the time; and I do find it difficult to believe she finds his childish arrogance attractive lol (of course I love Prince Hwon, but Yunwoo seems to view humbleness as an important trait)!

When people were telling her to feign an illness and escape from the marriage selection, she said something along the lines of "Even if I do not win and become simply one of Prince Hwon's 'court women,' I cannot leave him now / my heart is with him." I just don't understand how she can take such a risk after a couple meetings with him.

When the news reported that ep. 1 caught everyones attention already because of the child actors amazing acting, I just brushed it off but now that I finally watched this drama, I'm one of the many that are dazzled and hooked onto this drama! I'm really wondering how the adult actors are going to lead when it's their turn! The child actors are AMAZING! (And good looking >.<) 2012 is starting off pretty good and especially for this drama too :) Thank you for everyone participating in this thread. The discussions are quite interesting.

Hi everyone! I'm a big fan of Kim Soo Hyun & Yeo Jin Goo who both played in Giant. Even though Han Ga In is much

older than Kim Soo Hyun but she seems to never aged at all..hahaha. I haven't started watching YET...hehehe...I'm

savoring it...hahaha but from reading everyone's post it sound so awesome! :)

Synopsis Summary for Episode 5 of The Moon that Embraces the Sun (The Sun and the Moon)

Title:

Nok Young receives the paper written with the exact time and date of birth of lunar calendar and clothes of Yeon Woo from Queen Dowager Yoon.

Yeon Woo who is alone at her residence palace suddenly suffering pain.

At the side of side hall, the ministers belong to the Yoon Dae Hyung clique are using the excuse the crown princess Heo Yeon Woo is hiding her illness to strongly request King Sung Jo to order expelling her from the palace.

Crown prince who is rushing to the residence palace of Yeon Woo after knowing the fact that ministers are attempting to oust Yeon Woo is furious.

credit: asian-drama

Guest rintintintin

Whoah, I should read some of your comments guys. I'm out of the blue this time. Can't wait to see them growing up already. :)

I am loving this drama and know that I will love it all the way through. But I don't think I can watch ep 5 -- too heartbreaking!!! At least not until I know what happens in the end. :( :( I too need to see more of this immense love that Hwon & Yeon Woo have for each other. I love them together but to have that undying love for each other - I just need a little more. :) 

I haven't read the book or anything but if she was once the crown princess (to be) and rightly selected, can things eventually be restored if the other parties are found guilty of crimes? Fate and fate aside, I think she was selected to be the future queen because she was most qualified on all levels - and what a plus that she & the future king just happen to be in love anyways. I just feel that she deserved to be queen :) (i know i'm a little ahead of myself)

Anyways - I do think that Yeon Woo definitely started thinking about him after he gave her that riddle - that peaking her interest. :) I love how she can "match" him on intellect and heart but also can spur him on.

KSH - bring it on... I'm not a huge fan yet but I have yet to see a good king in a drama that I didn't end up liking! I want Lee Hwon to be smart (and not strung along by his grandmother, his "father-in-law" and queen bo kyung (urgh - cough cough blah!) and rescue Wol (really Yeon Woo!). I really dislike the characters that are "naive and strung along" - always love a lead character that is sharp, smart and doesn't always reveal himself to the baddies around him. Flip the switch on those greedy, power hungry, dare I say evil relatives of yours, Lee Hwon. :) Fighting!

JIW - I'm going to be so heartbroken over Prince YM. His love for YW seems so genuine and real and I really hope he meets Wol first. He met YW first. If the future King does not treat Wol/YW right - I think YM should knock him to his senses.

Can't wait to see how this all plays out.

I would actually be surprised if there wasn't any YM syndrome going around*quoted image* He's such a heartbreaker! This writer is really good at tugging at your heartstrings with the second male lead characters,( like MJS from SKKS), and now she's done it again .I'm actually more worried about how YM is going to take the news of YW's "death", than I am about Hwon. *quoted image*

I totally agree with you. I was totally hooked to SKKS. The second lead syndrome is so heartbreaking. I really do want both of the leads to be happy. But there is only one Yeon-Woo. I think for me it is a feeling of guilt and sadness. Guilty for being happy to see Hwon and Yeon Woo's romance blossom yet sad that it can't be true for YM. So torn. After reading your post, I think I will really have to brace myself for next week's episodes. Just reading your post is already making me feel so sad for the both of them. Hwon at least experienced a short moment of joy and happiness with Yeon Woo but YM had nothing. Then to lose her the second time with her death...... Yikes. Must have kleenex,remove all eye make up and make sure no one is around when I am watching. Don't want anyone thinking I've gone bonkers bawling over a drama :lol:

rainyrainy Finally a drama that we are watching together. Man, it's been so long. I usually don't watch Sageuks because I find the korean dialogue really hard to understand compared to the regular dramas. I also find that there always seems to be evil politicians/characters that I just cannot stand and wish they would just croak off early but they just seem to linger on and on and on . (like the GrandMaMa of this one, I bet she will never die. kekekeke) Lastly some of the Sageuk's are very heavy into politics which I am totally clueless about. But for some reason this Sageuk has a totally different vibe. Maybe it is to get the viewers hooked first but the focus seems more on the romance and the emotions of human relationships in a historical setting rather than hardcore politics. As long as there is a good balance of romance and politics I am sure it will be one of my favorites! :wub: