SM Global Auditions 2012

Guest starzXshinee

Guest FutureKpop

^ my friend told me otherwise. I know two people one who actually was an SM trainee and the other associate made it to the third round but got rejected. The guy who got rejected told me he never got a rejection letter much less a phone call to solicit if he made it or not. After waiting three months of torture of not knowing and just waiting to recieve any form of feedback or rejection from SM, he finally figured out he didn't make it after no response from them through email or phone call.

So just making to the second round is a great fete by itself, but I doubt SM will handle an auditionee with more special attention and care to send them personally written rejection letter because to the corporates this is all nothing but business.

oh. when was this? was it the last global auditions? and lets say you got into the second round, how long do you think you should wait until its long enough to know whether youve been rejected or not? 1 month? 2 months?

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

oh. when was this? was it the last global auditions? and lets say you got into the second round, how long do you think you should wait until its long enough to know whether youve been rejected or not? 1 month? 2 months?

^ he didn't audition at the global auditions but he auditioned first through their weekly auditions in LA last year. He didn't make it passed the first round on his first try but on his second try was when he made it as far as the the third round.

He told me he had got a call a month after auditioning at the LA weekly auditions. By this time he was back in New York his home city. They asked him to mail anything he had recorded of of his dancing and or singing, but it will be even better if you could make it back to their LA headquarters for the second round. This was like the first time ever he got a callback so he was super excited. He bought a Plane ticket just to go back to LA to audition for them again.

The second time he auditioned the casting director herself was their to evaluate and judge him. They told him right on the spot that he made to the third round and they will contact him with further details of his third audition that will be held in South Korea.

He had to pay his own way to Korea, auditioned in front of the current CEO (not Lee Soo Man) flew back and waited forever until he finally realized he didn't pass.

^

^

for global auditions its the same deal, 2nd round or not. if you don't get a letter or anything, it's safe to assume that you didn't make it. If they want you they'll contact you pretty quickly after the initial auditions to ask for a callback. Much more feasible to do everything while you're in the city than to fly back and forth for callbacks at a later date.

I don't know how long you'd have to wait to know you've been rejected, but i think 1 month is pretty much the standard. I don't know anyone who has gone onto the 2nd round this year, but I did have someone I know make it to the 2nd round last global auditions and this is what happened with her.

And it's nice to know that weekly auditions aren't too much of a waste of time lol. I've never auditioned at the LA headquarters before but since it's not as "big" as global and it's just the weekly auditions I half expected that they wouldn't take your audition seriously (or as seriously as global anyways)

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

^

^

for global auditions its the same deal, 2nd round or not. if you don't get a letter or anything, it's safe to assume that you didn't make it. If they want you they'll contact you pretty quickly after the initial auditions to ask for a callback. Much more feasible to do everything while you're in the city than to fly back and forth for callbacks at a later date.

I don't know how long you'd have to wait to know you've been rejected, but i think 1 month is pretty much the standard. I don't know anyone who has gone onto the 2nd round this year, but I did have someone I know make it to the 2nd round last global auditions and this is what happened with her.

And it's nice to know that weekly auditions aren't too much of a waste of time lol. I've never auditioned at the LA headquarters before but since it's not as "big" as global and it's just the weekly auditions I half expected that they wouldn't take your audition seriously (or as seriously as global anyways)

^ I agree with you FallenSkies....If anything those rejection emails/ letters or whatever are pretty hit or miss. If anything they tell people who made to the second round right on the spot at these global auditions. And for the ones that got rejected they will tell these people the most "diplomatic" way by saying they will contact the people who made it within a month. In other words "To the people who we didn't pick right on the spot. you're rejected so please leave". lol

Guest claira88

One of my friends got into SM - They went through the second audition and within two days he got a call back and was asked to sign a contract.

Hes amazing at dancing and has the typical "fresh" face that SM usually goes for. His singing though... isnt the greatest... and atm hes going through hardcore vocal training.

Uhm... One of the negative aspects is that sm made him go on a diet... hes now 98 pounds and 5"7. . . T.T He is always exhausted because of the training... He wakes up at 8am and sleeps at 12am... T.T

Did he go to this year (2012)'s global audition ?

or last years?

Guest flo66

^ he didn't audition at the global auditions but he auditioned first through their weekly auditions in LA last year. He didn't make it passed the first round on his first try but on his second try was when he made it as far as the the third round.

He told me he had got a call a month after auditioning at the LA weekly auditions. By this time he was back in New York his home city. They asked him to mail anything he had recorded of of his dancing and or singing, but it will be even better if you could make it back to their LA headquarters for the second round. This was like the first time ever he got a callback so he was super excited. He bought a Plane ticket just to go back to LA to audition for them again.

The second time he auditioned the casting director herself was their to evaluate and judge him. They told him right on the spot that he made to the third round and they will contact him with further details of his third audition that will be held in South Korea.

He had to pay his own way to Korea, auditioned in front of the current CEO (not Lee Soo Man) flew back and waited forever until he finally realized he didn't pass.

Was this last year and how old was he when he auditioned if you (and him) wouldn't mind saying? Thanks =)

Guest triswag50

I got my rejection letter today! Although I'm disappointed, I am glad I still went and go the experience. Hopefully, there will be a few more upcoming auditions this year. CAN'T GIVE UP! Btw, I went to the New York auditions so people who have went to the New York Auditions, look out for them emails!!!!!!!

ALSO AS A SIDE NOTE:Please help New York become an Applicant city for Avance Entertainment's Global Audition! We just need your name and email address if you are interested in helping. This does not mean you HAVE to attend the audition. It just means you are supporting New York as a place for the audition to take place. If we do not reach 50 people, New York will not be visited by Avance Entertainment when they do their Global Auditions this May-June. Please help spread the word. Check us out here: http://www.facebook....91574000861128/

If you have any questions, you can message/inbox me! :)

Sorry if im bothering you but did they use usaaudition@smtown.com to reply to you or a separate email account?

No one should feel discouraged! There are plenty of agencies out there! ^^ 

... LIKE, the DSK Vancouver Auditions? :D 

Noow... let me introduce myself! 

Hello! My name is Faith Vaughan, and I'm the organizer for the DSK Vancouver auditions - for Avance entertainment.

DSK stands for Dream Stage Korea - and its for international entertainment. Its not exactly directed to the Korean race, because unlike most Korean entertainment companies this company is only looking for talent - and not just race. You can be any color, and speak any language for this audition - which is unlike most Korean companies out there.

Uhm, the DSK auditions are basically where the Fan's pick 10 cities they want Avance to go too - and the finals are held in Vancouver. Everything is done by fans - and I am the organizer for the Vancouver auditions. Right now we only have roughly 170 people signed for the Vancouver auditions - which isn't really allot - so I have to get 500 + people to like the facebook page for Vanocuver and vote Vancouver on Avance Entertainments facebook page.

I think that the DSK auditions would be a great chance for the youth of Vancouver - its gives us something to work towards and have our talents show cased. The actual auditions start in May and ends in June - the final will be held in August. You can dance, and sing - after you get accepted you will be trained at PDI-EPPA which is a training academy for future stars. 

For more information: http://avanceentertainment.com/dsk-2013

To vote for Vancouver: http://www.facebook.com/questions/280406582035254/

The DSK Vancouver group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/118147338316829/

^ If anyone wants to help organize just tell me, the help would be appreciated. ^^

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Was this last year and how old was he when he auditioned if you (and him) wouldn't mind saying? Thanks =)

^ I'm not sure how old he is ...I know he is a couple of years younger than me. So since I am 26 he might be 23-24 years old around their.

Guest FutureKpop

now that I think about it, does SM wait until the whole Global auditions are over to evaluate? or do they evaluate after each destination? cuz its been exactly one month since my LA audition but its only been 11 days after the whole global auditions ended. do you think they just began to evaluate people?

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

now that I think about it, does SM wait until the whole Global auditions are over to evaluate? or do they evaluate after each destination? cuz its been exactly one month since my LA audition but its only been 11 days after the whole global auditions ended. do you think they just began to evaluate people?

When I was at the audition I talked to a girl who told me she auditioned at the 2009 global auditions Before and she even made it to the second round. I asked her how long it took for SM to contact her and she told me that they contacted her a few days after the first initial global audition. So taking from that response they would've contacted the people they wanted for further evaluation a few days before leaving to their next location.

Guest bobalol

So, for the weekly auditions the wait time would be within a month and for the global auditions it would be a few days to get contacted for the 2nd round?

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

So, for the weekly auditions the wait time would be within a month and for the global auditions it would be a few days to get contacted for the 2nd round?

^ yes... The reason is because for the weekly auditions the company only hired an intern college student to reception, evaluate and record the auditions, and then either email or postage mail the recorded material to their main headquarters in South Korea.

But for the global auditions they respond and contact people more quickly because, of time constraints, money and travel expenses. For global auditions they have to meet their quota through budgets alone so they are not going to contact people a month later and come back to the said location again for the second audition. That's a waste of money and time management.

Guest FutureKpop

yes, for the global auditions this year (my first time!! ) i made it to the "second round" 

they told us all to be "hush hush" about it and told us not to tell anyone except our family members..

BUTTT SINCE I GOT THE REJECTION LETTER i guess i can spill.

soo basically at the regular audition, as you all know for some people that they were interested in , they took face shots & told them to put up their hair etc...

but for me( & the lucky others) they told me to stay back and after some whispering

asked me if i could come to this really fancy hotel (SO NICE!) tomorrow (aka the very next day) to audition further

so of course i went..

at this audition there was only around 10-15 people!!!

out of like the however many hundreds at the 1st audition. 

& individually, we got recorded on 

-singing (4 songs)

- dancing (freestyle)

- self introductions (using all language you know)

-  modeling (video recorded not pictures)

this took about 2 hours.. 

Anyways it was a great experience even though i didn't make it !! (TEARS :'(((( ) 

is there anyone who did make it out there? ! 

may I ask where you auditioned? and did you just get your reject email? and are you a guy or girl?

Guest xXDoodles26Xx

yes, for the global auditions this year (my first time!! ) i made it to the "second round" 

they told us all to be "hush hush" about it and told us not to tell anyone except our family members..

soo basically at the regular audition, as you all know for some people that they were interested in , they took face shots & told them to put up their hair etc...

but for me( & the lucky others) they told me to stay back and after some whispering

asked me if i could come to this really fancy hotel (SO NICE!) tomorrow (aka the very next day) to audition further

so of course i went..

-singing (4 songs)

- dancing (freestyle)

Anyways it was a great experience even though i didn't make it !! (TEARS :'(((( ) 

WOOOOOAH~! thats amazing news though !!! well, even though its a little too late, congrats for making it to the second round xD !

even if you did get the rejection letter, you must have been pretty amazing, >_< !!! you better try out next year, :P !!!!

anyways, i was wondering if it was possible for you to post an " SM Experience" for the rest of us to read, cause it would be

great to read about what they were looking for, :D !

Seems like they did more stuff this time around for the 2nd round. My friend didn't do that much last time, however, compared to the 2nd round of other companies this sounds pretty typical. Based on what you said it does seem that they were more interested in vocals this year more than anything else.

Guest jefduo

Seems like they did more stuff this time around for the 2nd round.  My friend didn't do that much last time, however, compared to the 2nd round of other companies this sounds pretty typical.  Based on what you said it does seem that they were more interested in vocals this year more than anything else.

I think this year was a really vocal heavy audition. in my 2nd round, i was the only dancer who moved on to the 2nd round...everyone else was a singer.

didn't make it tho coz my vocals weren't anywhere as good as some of the others who auditioned :P

Guest FutureKpop

I think this year was a really vocal heavy audition. in my 2nd round, i was the only dancer who moved on to the 2nd round...everyone else was a singer.

didn't make it tho coz my vocals weren't anywhere as good as some of the others who auditioned :P

where did you audition? and did you receive your rejection email? 

Guest Digiumbri

If they told you to be quite then you should have listened ^ because in the future they will know that they can't trust you and before You know it you'll never get into a company ^

so of course i went..

-singing (4 songs)

- dancing (freestyle)

Archived