[Drama 2011] A Thousand Days' Promise 천일의 약속

serenasf95

Guest flora47

Hello!!

I can't wait for the next ep!

Who is the father of the baby?It kills me.She seems to be really pregnant since she vomited several times and her mother asked her if she is pregnant.Maybe the writer wants to mislead us but i don't think so

I felt sorry for her today because she said to her parents it was her fault.Btw,if i was her,i would run to buy a pregnancy test.Does it mean that she knows her condition?

Now,Ji Hyun is firm and he will not change his mind

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bijan630

Hello everyone,  I've just finished the 4th episode and already feel like crying.  I think this is going to be an extremely emotionally driven drama that may even surpass, "A Moment to Remember", which caused my vision to blur due to the tears I cried.

I can't imagine what families have to go through as they watch a person they love slowly forget their existence.  I can't imagine a child having to watch their mother who gave birth to them, eventually staring at them with a blank expression showing no signs of recognition.  I can't imagine falling in love with someone, then having to fight a losing battle against an unseen enemy known as Alzheimer's, which will take that person away from you, bit, by bit, leaving you with an empty shell and making you feel totally powerless.

This drama is now on the top of my list of K-dramas to watch as I wait for the next episode. 

I don't think she's pregnant.  Of course I don't speak Korean so I can't say for sure.  But it seems like anorexia or bulimia; or even a nervous stomach.  Because she told the housekeeper not to tell her mother.  so it seems it's happened  before.  Just a guess.

I don't think she's pregnant.  Of course I don't speak Korean so I can't say for sure.  But it seems like anorexia or bulimia; or even a nervous stomach.  Because she told the housekeeper not to tell her mother.  so it seems it's happened  before.  Just a guess.

That was my thought as well watching it. It seemed she was so upset that she threw up. ( I have no clue what they're saying so I could be totally wrong) So I don't think she's pregnant either. But the idea that she might  be may be thrown out there which will cause misunderstanding among the adults. wacko.gif So they'll try to force him to marry her thinking she's pregnant? (again, just a thought) I can't wait for the subs! 

I'm probably in the minority but I think Hyang Gi is a moron. Yes, she's sweet and adorable and chirpy...but how many years has she known Ji Hyung? How can she not know from looking at this mans face and demeanor that something is wrong? HORRIBLY wrong! And yet she ignores everything except her own little world. Is she ignorant? or innocently stupid? I don't buy it. If they've known each other since they were both in diapers, she should know him much better than this and KNOW that something is wrong.  Why on earth would she want to marry someone who walks around like a corpse with no emotions. wink.gif She "loves" him? Not buying that either...if she did she would know something wasn't right and that he's feeling lost. (although I agree too that he's a bastard) 

One of the hardest parts of the show so far for me is watching how mean Seo Yeon is to her brother. OMG, the look on his face just breaks my heart everytime she snaps at him. tears.gif

Guest pinky88

I think the same too. Because when she had the wedding dress fitting she couldn't believe that she gained weight. Her response was she wouldn't eat to fitt the dress.

To be honest with this kind of mother it would not a surprise to have eating problems. She can never satisfied her mum.

if it's not ji-hyung's, i'm guessing it's alex's (forgot his character's name) cuz i can't imagine introducing a new character this late in the drama, and it makes sense since hyang-gi and alex probably know each other through ji-hyung. plus, what other purpose would alex have in this drama? or was he a cameo?

edit: after watching ep 6, i changed my mind. she's probably not preggo and just under a lot of stress. she seemed indignant that ji-hyung cheated on her so i don't think she cheated on him. i guess if she was, it could still be his, but i don't think the drama will go there.

bring on the next ep already!

"A Thousand Days' Promise" ranks number one

The SBS drama "A Thousand Days' Promise" kept its position as the leading drama.

According to AGB Nielsen Media Research on November 2nd, "A Thousand Days' Promise" November 1st episode scored 17.2% of viewers. This is 1.7% higher than the previous 15.5% on October 31st.

On this day, Ji-hyeon (Kim Rae-won) discovered that his hidden lover Seo-yeon (Soo-ae) had Alzheimer's and cancelled his marriage with fiancée Hyang-gi (Jeong Yoo-mi).

MBC's "Gyebaek" rated 11.5% and KBS 2TV's "Poseidon" rated 7.7%.

That was my thought as well watching it. It seemed she was so upset that she threw up. ( I have no clue what they're saying so I could be totally wrong) So I don't think she's pregnant either. But the idea that she might  be may be thrown out there which will cause misunderstanding among the adults. *quoted image* So they'll try to force him to marry her thinking she's pregnant? (again, just a thought) I can't wait for the subs! 

I'm probably in the minority but I think Hyang Gi is a moron. Yes, she's sweet and adorable and chirpy...but how many years has she known Ji Hyung? How can she not know from looking at this mans face and demeanor that something is wrong? HORRIBLY wrong! And yet she ignores everything except her own little world. Is she ignorant? or innocently stupid? I don't buy it. If they've known each other since they were both in diapers, she should know him much better than this and KNOW that something is wrong.  Why on earth would she want to marry someone who walks around like a corpse with no emotions. *quoted image* She "loves" him? Not buying that either...if she did she would know something wasn't right and that he's feeling lost. (although I agree too that he's a bastard) 

One of the hardest parts of the show so far for me is watching how mean Seo Yeon is to her brother. OMG, the look on his face just breaks my heart everytime she snaps at him. *quoted image*

Really good points, tessieroo; I agree...

I just finished watching episode 6 in RAW..

I do not know if she is pregnant, but she is certainly at least acting very naive. She is the apple of her father's eye.. Can she not feel that this man does not love her...? And there is also the fact that he stopped touching her, after they slept together a year before.. you are right. She should know something is wrong.. ! Frankly, I think her mom is such a witch, I would not want to marry that sweet lady, just from fear of having that mother in law...

Jeong Yoo-mi gets sick after Kim Rae-won breaks up with her... is she pregnant?

photo204039.jpg

Noh Hyang-gi (Jeong Yoo-mi) started vomiting after Park Ji-hyeong announced he is breaking off their engagement.

On the sixth episode of the SBS drama "A Thousand Days' Promise", Noh Hyang-gi cried hard when Park Ji-hyeong told her he wanted to break off the engagement. Then she started retching and throwing up.

Park Ji-hyeong broke off his engagement with Noh Hyang-gi. This was two days before the wedding. Not being able to accept the break up, Hyang-gi said, "I will marry you. I will wait for you. We have to get married". Park Ji-hyeong then said, "I can't marry you. There is someone else. There always has been someone else".

She cried, "I can't let you go to someone else. My life without you is not possible. So, kill me and do whatever you want". Clinging onto him, Noh Hyang-gi suddenly started retching. He patted her back and calmed her down. She pretended not to hear about the break off until the end.

Back at home, Noh Hyang-gi started throwing up everything she ate. The housemaid patted her back and said, "I thought you weren't bringing a child into your new house until after the wedding" and smiled.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Source: Hancinema

Really good points, tessieroo;  I agree...

I just finished watching episode 6 in RAW..

I do not know if she is pregnant, but she is certainly at least acting very naive. She is the apple of her father's eye.. Can she not feel that this man does not love her...? And there is also the fact that he stopped touching her, after they slept together a year before.. you are right.  She should know something is wrong.. !  Frankly, I think her mom is such a witch, I would not want to marry that sweet lady, just from fear of having that mother in law...

Don't get me wrong, I felt such sympathy for her during their conversation. She looked shocked & devastated. But the whole pregnancy thing has me wondering if she is indeed pregnant and trying to quickly marry him to pass off someone else's child as his. (which is stupid, he would know it's not his) Maybe that's a reason she tried to sneak into his room & kissed him? Hmmm...

Or like I said, she's just innocently stupid. Which makes me feel even more sorry for her. How long would it take for her chirpy, happy personality to be crushed being married to this shell of a man?  What if he never touches her again? So sad. 

If she IS pregnant, who in the world is the father? Scout is right, it's sorta strange to introduce a new character at this late point. (but it could happen) I'm trying too hard to figure this one out. laugh.gif Should just wait for subs. 

EDIT: Dramabeans recap for episode 6 is up! 

http://www.dramabeans.com/2011/11/thousand-day-promise-episode-6/

Don't get me wrong, I felt such sympathy for her during their conversation. She looked shocked & devastated. But the whole pregnancy thing has me wondering if she is indeed pregnant and trying to quickly marry him to pass off someone else's child as his. (which is stupid, he would know it's not his) Maybe that's a reason she tried to sneak into his room & kissed him? Hmmm...

Or like I said, she's just innocently stupid. Which makes me feel even more sorry for her. How long would it take for her chirpy, happy personality to be crushed being married to this shell of a man?  What if he never touches her again? So sad. 

If she IS pregnant, who in the world is the father? Scout is right, it's sorta strange to introduce a new character at this late point. (but it could happen) I'm trying too hard to figure this one out. *quoted image* Should just wait for subs. 

EDIT: Dramabeans recap for episode 6 is up! 

http://www.dramabeans.com/2011/11/thousand-day-promise-episode-6/

I agree tessieroo... will just wait for the subs...^^

ad_fa, thank you so much for the lyrics and translation of OST2... I loved the music from the very beginning.. Now I also know what it means..!

Isn't it too harsh of him to break up with Hyang Gi just a week before the wedding? Honestly, will he actually be happy together with Seoyeon without feeling guilty? and probably Seoyeon would not want to make herself as a burden to anyone especially him. So he just forget about it and just keep their love as his beautiful memories.

I feel this drama is tricky, I can't work out which fash back scenes supposed to come first, it's all a puzzle.

For those who have watched episode 5, what do you guys think of the singing birthday scene? Does it feel like the famous scene where Marilyn Monroe? sings happy birthday to the US President Kennedy? Could it be the writer's own fantasy? That said, I think it's one of my favorite Seoyeon-Jihyung kiss scene so far. He just catches her right on the lips, so spontaneous I bet there wasn't any NGs. The man know how to kiss and CRY as well. I never doubt he can't cry, I saw him in Love Story in Harvard, I know he can cry.

Geez.. this drama is so sad. I feel sorry for the brother that he has to watch his sister slowly losing the memory and probably have to take care of her of such a young age with such responsibilities....

Isn't it too harsh of him to break up with Hyang Gi just a week before the wedding? Honestly, will he actually be happy together with Seoyeon without feeling guilty? and probably Seoyeon would not want to make herself as a burden to anyone especially him. So he just forget about it and just keep their love as his beautiful memories.

I think that this is not about been happy, it's about love someone full-hearted, I always thought that is important to take care of those we love, if you don't, maybe you can't forgive yourself, it's dificult to live with that. And, if i were him, i would want to be with her all the time i could.

Maybe is hars to break up with Hyang gi, but for me it is worse for her to get married with him when he can't give her the love and care she needs, I belive that the loneliness you feel in that kind of relationsheep is bigger than been alone. It is like freezing inside.

Sorry for my creppy english

@hedninagree with u. HG can never be happy with JH in long term as he can never reciprocate the feelings bk to her with same intensity as she does. Cause he wil always have SY in mind while being with HG so best thing for her is to nt to force him to get married.

Archived