[Drama 2011] Ojakgyo Brothers 오작교 형제들

Admin

rhaps said: Hi guys.... I come here at last, after watching BM :D..

I've watched clips of JooWon-UEE in youtube, and I finally buy the dvds..hahaha. But I think I'll only watch JooWon-UEE part.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nhatkhanh

Hi everyone ^^ I'm from Vietnam, i'm planning make vietsub for this drama, can anyone show me where I can find all raw of 58 ep???
All links at page 1 had died and now I don't know how to find it, anyone helps me?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mangotango123

Omo how cute, joo won said if either him or uee initiated the relationship between them, they would have actually gone out. :P
Is it not too late? ahaha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if KBS ever released a dvd set of this drama? Or if they're planning on it? Perhaps with lovely deleted scenes and stuff? I don't often shell out money for boxed sets (I'd be way broke otherwise) but this would be one drama I'd definitely pay for! Love it so much

Guest sunshine4ever

For those who you who are looking for the DVD boxset, it finally came out at Yesasia, but it's from Singapore:

http://www.yesasia.com/global/ojakgyo-family-dvd-end-multi-audio-english-subtitled-kbs-tv-drama/1031927296-0-0-0-en/info.html

YesAsia Editorial Description

Bringing in huge ratings during its 58-episode run, the heartwarming KBS weekend drama Ojakgyo Brothers (a.k.a. Ojakgyo Family) revolves around a family with four very different sons who live together on a farm run by their mother. Into this happy, bickering family comes the landlord's daughter who has lost everything overnight and wants her land back. After School's UEE (Birdie Buddy) is the charming heroine of the series, the short-tempered but kindhearted Ja Eun who gradually grows up after she meets the Hwang family. With nowhere to go, she stubbornly pitches a tent outside the Hwang house and wins the family over with her heart and spunk - in particular third son Tae Hee, a straight-laced police officer played by breakout actor Joo Won (Bridal Mask, Baker King)

Joo Won and UIE's couple pairing in drama Ojakgyo Brothers was very popular with audiences, and won the young stars the Best New Actor and Actress awards at the 48th Baeksang Arts Awards. Kim Ja Ok, Beak Il Sub, and Kim Yong Rim and brothers Jung Woong In (Coffee House), Ryu Soo Young (My Princess), and Yun Woo Jin (Arang and the Magistrate) form the rest of the Hwang family

Product Title: Ojakgyo Family (DVD) (End) (Multi-audio) (English Subtitled) (KBS TV Drama) (Singapore Version)
Also known as: Ojakgyo Brothers
Artist Name(s): Joo Won (Actor) | U-IE (After School) (Actor) | Jung Woong In (Actor) | Choi Jung Yoon (Actor) | Kim Ja Ok (Actor) | Ryu Su Young (Actor) | Beck Il Sub (Actor) | Yun Woo Jin (Actor)
Release Date: 2012-10-30
Language: Korean, Mandarin
Subtitles: English, Traditional Chinese
Country of Origin: South Korea
Picture Format: NTSC What is it?
Aspect Ratio: 1.33 : 1
Disc Format(s): DVD
Region Code: All Region What is it?
Duration: 3,480 (mins)
Publisher: Poh Kim Video Pte LTD.
Other Information: 12 DVDs (Ep.1-58)
Package Weight: 500 (g)
Shipment Unit: 3 What is it?
YesAsia Catalog No.: 1031927296

Product Information

This is a story of a family on a farm named Ojakgyo. The family consist of a grandmother, parents, and four brothers. Hwang Chang-Sik (Baek Il-Seob) is the father of the family and he runs the Ojakgyo farm. The grandmother (Kim Yong-Rim) and mother (Kim Ja-Ok) are loving people. Eldest son Tae-Sik (Jeong Woong-In) works as a physical therapist. He is almost 40-years-old, but still single. Tae-Sik looks for the perfect woman to fall in love with at first sight. The second son is Tae-Bum (Ryu Su-Young) who works as a reporter for a broadcasting company. The third son is Tae-Hee (Joo Won) who works as a detective. Tae-Hee is a tough guy, but soft around his grandmother and mother. The youngest son is Tae-Pil (Yeon Woo-Jin) who doesn't work.

One day, the family's peaceful and happy lives are shaken by Baek In-Ho (Lee Young-Ha). Approximately 10 years ago, Hwang Chang-Sik rented the Ojakgyo farm from Baek In-Ho and in return placed his name on the property deed (so Baek In-Ho could avoid paying taxes on the property). The other family members did not know about the deal and thought the farm belonged to them.

Additional Information may be provided by the manufacturer, supplier, or a third party, and may be in its original language
© 2012 YesAsia.com Ltd. All rights reserved. This original content has been created by or licensed to YesAsia.com, and cannot be copied or republished in any medium without the express written permission of YesAsia.com.

Technical Information

Thank you septmoon, I found 3 of my favourite scenes there.:
Necktie scene - so awkward, so cute, so sizzling......no words needed, just stealing glances or stares at each other. Bodies so near, her face just a kiss away and this is where Tae Hee started to realise he has something stirring in his heart, the start of a trickle of warmth , filling up the hole that made it incomplete. I love that look you captured in Taehee's eyes as he looked at Ja Eun. 
Firing Practice scene - I absolutely love how Joo Won looked in the scene. He just looked smokin hot hot hot. And when he said "...I am a Namja..."I was an incoherent mess on the floor. Back to the scene, Ja Eun was brave, very brave. But most of all, she did it because she understood the pain of not having a mother more than anyone else. Although  his mother had  already died, at least Ja Eun was the one who brought Tae Hee to open up his wounds and begin the healing process.  
1st breakup farewell scene - Taehee pleading Ja Eun to look into his eyes and say farewell- Thumbs up to Joo Won for having nailed this scene. You captured that forced smile on his face. Pretending to be cool about it when he was feeling gutted. The huge disappointment in his eyes when she didnt meet his gaze. And the wretched way he walked away, back against her but the shoulders slumped, the awkward gait, tears brimming in his eyes. She noticed it, she did and I think it pained her too to see him like this. 

Guest ellipse

I love uee and joowon.. I hope they can do a drama together next year. Is it possible for them to win the best couple award at this year's kbs drama awards?? i still can't get over that they din manage to win the best couple award last year

Guest ellipse

i really love joowon and uee couple.. ( my opinion: i hope that they are really dating in real life, and if they are, i hope uee wun play the push n pull game which jw dislike so their rs can last. and if they are dating, hope that they will keep it a secret rs till they stabilise it. just like what their seniors in ob said "date in secret" and also make it last)

the above is what i personally feel, no offence to others i hope. but still, i am glad to know that the both of them are still close and contact each other (said by cth). i want to keep my hopes up, so i will probably stop shipping them only when joowon is confirm to be dating others.

just my opinion :)

Guest septmoon16

@mrdimples - ah i always love your words. but since i can't seem to put mine together coherently i'll let the photos speak for me.

i really wish i had the chance to watch ob before bridal mask. comparisons were inevitable and i wanted to love tae hee wholeheartedly without the heavy shadow of kang to in my heart. alas, i was quite happy in my discovery of this adorable duck family and a loving otp that had me fist pumping in the air for their happily ever after.

ob7.jpg

ob8.jpg
the expression in his eyes!

ob9.jpg

ob10.jpg
ob11.jpg

i have mix feelings about drama weddings, but this one left me grinning ear to ear.

ob12.jpg

Guest ellipse

hello everyone,

please help  to vote for uee for the upcoming korean cultural entertainment awards if you can vote/ is able to vote. Uee is nominated in both best actress(drama) and also best rookie actress.

Best rookie actress: http://awards.emn.kr/news/index.php?tcode=starpoll310&tid=7

Best actress: http://awards.emn.kr/news/index.php?tcode=starpoll304&tid=4

especially the best rookie actress award, please help to vote for her. we all love her in ob, hope she will win an award for it we are more hopeful for the best rookie award but competition is rather strong..

ellipse said:

hello everyone,

please help  to vote for uee for the upcoming korean cultural entertainment awards if you can vote/ is able to vote. Uee is nominated in both best actress(drama) and also best rookie actress.

Best rookie actress: http://awards.emn.kr/news/index.php?tcode=starpoll310&tid=7

Best actress: http://awards.emn.kr/news/index.php?tcode=starpoll304&tid=4

especially the best rookie actress award, please help to vote for her. we all love her in ob, hope she will win an award for it we are more hopeful for the best rookie award but competition is rather strong..

• 2 weeks later...

This drama is up on yesasia.com but its not the Krn version its a Singapore version? Its 87.99. I'm about to buy it. 

@prechuz_azn I bought the set here in Singapore though the price is cheaper than what overseas buyers hav to pay to order from the yesasia website which is based in HK. No worries abt the quality bcoz itz from one of the few main film distributors in Singapore. This version is in the original korean language and oso dubbed in Mandarin. It has both chinese and english subtitles.

@prechuz_azn I think itz subbed in S'pore. of course we cant expect perfect literature kind of English but it should be at similar standards or better than those u see on kbsw. I havent watch it in Eng sub. usually i watch korean and jap dramas with Chinese subs.

Archived