[Drama 2011] The Princess' Man 공주의 남자

Guest chancy426

Guest chancy426

@laridum

According to some tidbits that I read, it seems that his family (dad and older brothers, but Didn't say much about the women in the family) will be killed off with him being the sole survivor.  From the 2nd teaser, we have a little part where someone (assuming it's General Sooyang) ordering for Kim Seung Yoo to be taken care of. That should be in the earlier parts because Kyeong Hye is still Princess and her father King Munjong is finding a appropriate husband for her. Kim Seung Yoo's name was mentioned.

It's possible that Kim Seung Yoo's family doesn't get killed under half way in or if sooner, a quarter in. According to history, Kim Jong Seo doesn't die until 1 year after King Munjong's son Danjong becomes king. Then after Kim Jong Seo is killed, Kim Seung Yoo becomes like a fugitive. This story is probably more like he is caught between avenging his family or love. Wikipedia makes General Sooyang a king of many contributions. I'm hoping he's gonna be a nice guy. lol Unfortunately, of the main leads, it seems only Princess Kyeong Hye is real. So it's possible they both die in the end, or they elope.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hhills84

More photos of the press conference. I see a great chemistry between them, they are so cute :wub: :

5ac8a29c499261908f593d5.jpg

20110713131054061086532.jpg

0713princesspsh.jpg

pyh2011071307240099000p.jpg

pyh2011071307340099000p.jpg

pyh2011071307390099000p.jpg

20110713131053764134574.jpg

131054424430.jpg

0713princesscouple1.jpg

0713princesscouple5.jpg

4fa30e36fc7be58c3c6d97d.jpg

9e6a979e45c51629d0135e2.jpg

Source: Nate, Baidu, mydarkobsession.wordpress.com

Guest laridum

@laridum

According to some tidbits that I read, it seems that his family (dad and older brothers, but Didn't say much about the women in the family) will be killed off with him being the sole survivor.  From the 2nd teaser, we have a little part where someone (assuming it's General Sooyang) ordering for Kim Seung Yoo to be taken care of. That should be in the earlier parts because Kyeong Hye is still Princess and her father King Munjong is finding a appropriate husband for her. Kim Seung Yoo's name was mentioned.

It's possible that Kim Seung Yoo's family doesn't get killed under half way in or if sooner, a quarter in. According to history, Kim Jong Seo doesn't die until 1 year after King Munjong's son Danjong becomes king. Then after Kim Jong Seo is killed, Kim Seung Yoo becomes like a fugitive. This story is probably more like he is caught between avenging his family or love. Wikipedia makes General Sooyang a king of many contributions. I'm hoping he's gonna be a nice guy. lol Unfortunately, of the main leads, it seems only Princess Kyeong Hye is real. So it's possible they both die in the end, or they elope.

Yeah. This is just new territory so it'll be interesting to know how they pace it. I guess we can expect the two of them falling for each other in the place of the typical "childhood" portion of a sageuk with 24 episodes. So maybe like 4-8 episodes.

There's a lot of pictures of him smiling with his daughter. I think this will be like Romeo in Juliet in the sense that he doesn't realise what his political ambitions and trail of bodies are doing to his daughter. Joseon Dynasty politics was no joke, though, and the king's with the greatest legacies left behind the most bodies... And yeah, that they never actually existed in history is probably indicative of their ending. Or maybe the just didn't want to be trapped writing-wise by using real people?

Wow, this is getting interesting! Can't wait to watch this drama!

Thanks everyone for the pictures and thanks chancy426 for the translation of the trailer, now I get the story better :D

Fighting!!

Guest chancy426

"The Princess' Man," Park Shi Hoo: Love scenes with Moon Chae Won too less, very unfortunate.

Actor Park Shi Hoo expresses: "With co-actress Moon Chae Won, there is too less romantic scenes inside the drama, very unfortunate."

Park Shi Hoo at the press conference on July 13 afternoon 2pm at the Shilla Hotel in Seoul for KBS's new Wednesday & Thursday drama "The Princess' Man" had revealed "In the first 3 episodes with Moon Chae Won there are some romantic scenes, but afterwards the drama of the story becomes very heavy." and "Since this drama is a fusion sageuk, and because my role in this drama is a character that should not stay in love with the enemy's daughter, so there is  almost no romantic scenes, this which is very unfortunate."

He also further revealed, "The first 3 episodes of the drama is very relaxing, after that although there is no romantic scenes in the drama, but it will be full of masculine charm, please we look forward."

"The Princess' Man" will take over the "Romance Town" slot starting on 7/20 at 9:55pm. The drama will bring with a new perspective the interpretation of General Suyang of the Joseon Period (Revolving around his ambition to become king by plotting murder to Kim Jong Seo.). Inside the drama, Kim Jong Seo's son Kim Seung Yoo (Park Shi Hoo) will start a tragic love story with General Suyang's daughter Se Ryung (Moon Chae Won).

Source: http://cn.joins.com

----------------------------------

This news piece really had me shocked, almost no romantic scenes after ep 3? crazy.gif Is that possible? considering it's being advertised as Korean R&J?

Guest laridum

This news piece really had me shocked, almost no romantic scenes after ep 3? Is that possible? considering it's being advertised as Korean R&J?

Yeah, that's surprising. One of the reasons I'm looking forward to this is because it sounded romance-centric and romance-centric sageuks are very rare. :( I hope it won't be just about him trying to get revenge or whatever. :\ I was kind of hoping it would be the female lead's POV, which is also rare in a sageuk. PSH makes it sound like, with the bit about "masculine charm", that there won't be much of her once they're separated. :(!

Guest chancy426

Yah you're right. It does make it sound like it's from Kim Seung Yoo's POV. Strangely, though the first teaser released was told from SeRyung's POV.  Princess Kyeong Hye and her husband (Kim Seung Yoo's friend)'s story is a highlight of the drama too. I still like the idea that it's revenge focused because it means more inner turmoil for the characters and Park Shi Hoo is awesome actor for that. It's like ten folds more intense then modern dramas since this is a saejuk.

Guest laridum

Yah you're right. It does make it sound like it's from Kim Seung Yoo's POV. Strangely, though the first teaser released was told from SeRyung's POV.  Princess Kyeong Hye and her husband (Kim Seung Yoo's friend)'s story is a highlight of the drama too. I still like the idea that it's revenge focused because it means more inner turmoil for the characters and Park Shi Hoo is awesome actor for that. It's like ten folds more intense then modern dramas since this is a saejuk.

Yeah. Maybe there will be several storylines running simultaneously. Kyeonghee spoke quite a lot in one of the teasers. Some people have said that this drama is aiming to be similar to The Return of Iljimae in style and execution rather than its counterpart with Lee Junki, if you know what I mean.

I'm all for inner turmoil but I was hoping it would be the princess dealing with most of the political machinations. Or both of them dealing with it. I'm not really sure what I was expecting. I guess I'll just have to wait until it airs to see where they're going with it. It definitely looks good, in any case.

Guest monkeyober1

Doesn't it sound like he's joking around? Aside from that, surely not all the scripts are written yet so I don't think there's too much to worry about. He does make it sound like everything we saw in the two previews were all the scenes b/t him and the princess though.

Guest soulan

I'm really waiting for this drama! But like everyone, i hope we didn't see all there is btw Se Ryung and Seung Yoo in the preview! Afterall it's supposed to represent Romeo and Juliet so we definitely need the romance plot and not only the machinations in palace >.< :) 

I am already in love with the preview.. I think i must have played it a dozen times since this morning! 

I will love the OST if it's the same vibe than the song they are playing in the preview! 

The actress playing Gyeonghye Princess seems to be doing a good job here! She was horrible in "Only You" but good in "Lie to Me".. 

Anywaaaay! Loving Park Shi Hoo! 

Princess's Man staff and cast FIGHTING!! 

chancy426 Thanks for the tidbits and the history lesson. While it kind of sucks that we won't be able to have any romantic scenes, it does seem logical for building the tension and making it more of a life and death choice to fall in love with the enemy. I guess I'll be prepared for the angst now. The trailer at first seemed cheesy to me but now hearing the background story... it makes sense.

soulan I agree with you about the actress playing Princess KyeongHye. I've only seen her in LTM but I thought she was great in it. I'm eager to see her again and to do something different.

I am definitely looking forward to this drama! And I'm glad I'm not the only one replaying the trailer and teasers over and over again. I love the ambiance this drama has, and I'm crossing my fingers that it'll exceed my expectations. It actually reminds me a lot of Princess Ja Myung Go, which I loved despite the slow start and hasty ending. And since this is only 24 episodes as opposed to 39, I think they'll keep the backstory succinct too, which would be great!

I'm not too worried about the lack of romantic scenes since the script isn't finished in its entirety yet. I'm hoping there will be lots more romance to come since they ARE touting the Joseon Romeo and Juliet.

I found a youtube link to the Baek Ji Young song that is coming out today! It sounds beautiful. So psyched!

공주의 남자:백지영- 오늘도 사랑해

credit: Youtube uploader

Edit: chancy426 looks like we found the same link at the same time ^_^ Thank you so much for providing all of us with updates and translations! You're a lifesaver!

Guest chancy426

Yes, the song's very nice. I couldn't wait for english translations, so I just went ahead to read the Chinese ones. Not exactly sure if it's an exact translation because google doesn't translate it exactly when translating the Korean lyrics to English. Somewhat the same I suppose. It seems like it's from SeRyung's POV and it's very heartbreaking. I guess this explains why there won't be much romantic scenes together after his family is killed. She wants to be by his side but can only stand behind and watch him. The mood set by the song tells me I'll definitely need tissue boxes.

Korean Lyrics for the song:

오늘도 사랑해--백지영

바라 볼 수 밖에 없어서..만질 수가 없어서..슬퍼..

바로 앞에 서 있는 그대..그리고 그 뒤에 나..

항상 그늘이 진 곳에서..그늘이 진 얼굴로..울어..

돌아봐 달라고 못 하는 나야..또 눈물이 나는 나야..

내일이 .. 

바라 볼 수 밖에 없어서..만질 수가 없어서..슬퍼..

바로 앞에 서 있는 그대..그리고 그 뒤에 나..

항상 그늘이 진 곳에서..그늘이 진 얼굴로..울어..

돌아봐 달라고 못 하는 나야..또 눈물이 나는 나야..

내일이 와도 사랑 해..어제보다 더 사랑 해..

가슴 안에 있는 말..꺼내지 못 한 채..

오늘도 그대를 사랑 해..

그대 뒤에 있기는 싫어..매일 옆에 있고만..싶어..

그 날이 오기를 원 하는 나야 ..그 때문에 사는 나야..

보고 있어도 그리 워..같이 있어도 외로 워..

혼자만 하는 이 사랑..끝이 보이지 않아..

서러울 만큼..힘이 들지만..

가슴 안에 있는 말..꺼내지 못 한 채..

오늘도 그대를 사랑 해..그대만 사랑 해..

내 맘..하나도 모르는..

바보 같은 그 사람..내 눈 앞에 그 사람..

그래..그대니까..

보고 있어도 그리 워..같이 있어도 외로 워..

혼자만 하는 이 사랑..끝이 보이지 않아..

서러울 만큼..힘이 들지만..

가슴 안에 있는 말..꺼내지 못 한 채..

오늘도 그대를 사랑 해..그대만 사랑 해.. 

English translation (based off of Chinese translation from baidu)

Sad because can only look at yet can't touch...

Standing in front is you, with me behind.

The face that's always crying in the shadow...

Without a reason to let you look back, I've shed tears.

Tomorrow...

Sad because can only look at yet can't touch...

Standing in front is you, with me behind.

The face that's always crying in the shadow...

Without a reason to let you look back, I've shed tears.

Tomorrow I will still love you. More so then yesterday.

The words in my heart, can not say it...

I also love you today.

Dislike being behind you, just wish to be by your side each day...

To live my days this way...

Although seeing (you), but yearning and lonelyness accompanies (me).

A person's love. With the end not in sight.

Because of that, am sad and tired...

I also love you today. Only love you.

My heart didn't understand...

That foolish person,...the one in front of me.

It's you.

Although seeing (you), but yearning and lonelyness accompanies (me).

A person's love. With the end not in sight.

Because of that, am sad and tired...

I also love you today. Only love you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

and another news bit I just found. I absolutely love this new piece because I love Shin Hyesung's singing and a nice balad in dramas are always bonus enjoyments. And he's super good at singing 'sad songs.' Once I was in the airplane back from Hong Kong to the USA and was listening to his Keep Leaves album and that pretty much set the sad feel for me the whole 10 hour flight. 

Shin Hyesung to sing for "The Princess Man" OST

Debuting in 1998 as the lead vocalist for popular boy band Shinhwa, Shin Hyesung has led a successful solo career for quite some time. He has just released his 4th full-length album, topping music charts all across Korea. Since announcing his concert tour scheduled for late this August, the stops have completely sold-out. Now fans can also listen to his powerful vocals in the upcoming series, "The Princess Man" His agency posted a message on their website announcing the news.

Hello,

This is Liveworks Company.

We will be letting you know about Hyesung's surprise project.

Hyesung will be singing the ending theme song for KBS's Wed-Thu drama 'The Princess's Man.' The drama tells the story of a man and a woman from two opposing families, a Chosun equivalent of 'Romeo and Juliet.' Shin Hyesung's romance ending theme for the two main actors, Park Sihoo and Moon Chaewon!

You can hear it starting from the first episode next week on the 20th.

We hope you will be looking forward to the OST as well as the drama.

For more information, please check out the official drama website: http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/princess/

Source: LiveWorks Companyfrom Koreaboo.com

I think summer 2011 is looking good for sageuks.  :)

Since another one has been pushed back, and two of my current dramas have either ended or will end in a couple of weeks, this is on the menu.  I think my menu will be all sageuks shortly, providing I can get subs.:P

KBS just released a 3-minute highlight clip! It introduces each of the characters a little more, including Song Jong Ho's Shin Myun, who didn't really show up in the previous trailers. You can also catch a one-second glimpse at Yoo Ha Joon's bodyguard character too! Although I have to say, judging from these snippets, that my favorite character so far would be Kim Jong Seo, played by everyone's favorite grandpa veteran Lee Soon Jae. :) The drama looks gorgeous!

공주의남자 - 하이라이트

credit: KBSdrama on Youtube

Also, here is the teaser to Baek Ji Young's 오늘도 사랑해. It shows us two short scenes that weren't in any of the previews. Looks like we're in for lots and lots of tears.

백지영 - 오늘도 사랑해 티저

credit: Youtube uploader

Counting down the days! Wednesday just couldn't come soon enough.

Guest chancy426

I just watched the new long trailer and here's my rough translation for those who are interested. Anything with **** means it's something I can't translate. Too many titles and proverbs. I also didn't translate the screen text because they're just the character's names and such. lol I really love Kim Song Seo's character too, unfortunately I think he won't be in the drama for long. General Suyang looks very scheming. Do you all think they revealed too much? 

Only *Kim Jong Seo's title* (Right Head of the Legislative Bureau) and I can stop this irreversible tragedy from happening.

Tragedy?

If the master passes...

Please mind your words!!

Do you believe I, Suyang, only think the throne as a rock?

Only watching over the prince?

Between Sir and I, one will see blood.

I Kim Jong Seo don't fear things such as death.

Suyang, down below, I will not forgive you.

Really is a unbelievable woman.

Risking life to protect you.

Who is she relaly?

Is my disciple.

****proverbs****

****proverbs****

What is it?

This is General Suyang.

This expression (eye).

***** Your name is Shin Myun?

You want to reveal the fact that you had pretended to be the princess?

In order to save my teacher, I have to do that.

You dare!

The reason why I need him is not because of those change of heart thoughts that happen after one is full.

Princess...

You are saying..

Does my father want to hurt his own nephew and you princess?

Apart from you and I left not knowing, the whole world already knows.

Princess.

I told you to not even think about his shadow!

Princess.

Teacher needs someone to prove him innocent.

Can't do, (we) definitely need to see that woman.

The first time I thought him as a man who I could marry.

What are you saying!

Please for the last time let me see him.

New pretty stills from the drama. Mainly Moon Chae Won. There's really ALOT of hanbok for this drama. I'd b really interesting to make a collection at the end of the drama. lol 

64ca913536561d7391ef39f.jpg

65823c34ab17f9595ab5f5fswl.jpg

9097ac0eb165ae8537d122f.jpg

610a18f48c27318d7709d7f.jpg

Archived