[Drama 2011] The Princess' Man 공주의 남자

Guest chancy426

Guest Airine Pratama

i like moon chae won, i thinks she look alot like kim hee sun. anticipating this drama too. so many promising dramas ahead, even after the crowded may dramas ...

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chancy426

According to (http://gall.dcinside...58&page=4&bbs=) this story will have 4 or 5 sides to this love shape. Here's how it is (Park Shi Hoo << Moon Chae Won - Hong Soo Hyun) (Moon Chae Won << Park Shi Hoo - Song Jong Ho) (Hong Soo Hyun << Lee Min Ho) I'm not sure if Moon Chae Won and Hong Soo Hyun will play love rivals or not in terms of Park Shi Hoo's character. But, lots of sources are hinting that Park Shi Hoo and Song Jong Ho may complicate their brother-like relationship because of love (Moon Chae Won i'm assuming). 

I hope we get some official pics soon.

Guest chancy426

Is the new picture actually of "Chuno"? The guy in the front looks very much like Jang Hyuk.

According to the article that the picture came with since it mentioned the drama Chuno: http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype2.htm?id=201106080100066520005031&ServiceDate=20110607

I think it's trying to show us the quality of the filming? with Red One camera (some extremely high tech camera, but i thought Alexa was the better one?). But, PSH will looks good on any camera. (Most are already broadcasting. ^^)

40b7fb804fd4a9848d10298.jpg

Guest chancy426

Yay, it's the bun! I was afraid it'd be the disorderly hair of a hobo. sweatingbullets.gif But it seemed like his character will be a educated scholar, so no worries. happy.gif 

I'm thinking Kim Seung Yoo (by Park Shi Hoo) will be raised by foster parents who kept his identity a secret from everyone including himself. It wouldn't be possible for him to have a cheerful (otherwise described as "awesome") personality if he knew about his father's story.

King Sejo shouldn't be an aweful king considering he is known (as stated on wikipedia) to be one of the most able rulers and administrators in Korean history, but he killed alot of people who got in his way of the throne. 

I couldn't find anything about the princess Lee Se Ryung anywhere though. I'm assuming she's fictional just like Kim Seung Yoo. I'm hoping "The Princess' Man" meant the princess' husband. I don't mind an Illjimae ending where they show hints that he's still alive. 

Hello~~

Finally i found this thread..Thanks for creating the thread and the updates..

So glad to hear that Shihoo will have new drama..Moon Chaewon will be his costar..I love her..

It's saeguk so his character should wear hanbok..It reminds me of his character in Iljimae..As Shihoo he's so cool and mysterious..Hanbok suits him ^_^

Looking forward to see him again wearing hanbok and sweet chemistry between him and Chaewon..I wish him all the best..Shihoo fighting!

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

"The Princess's Man" Park Si-hoo looks good in ancient costume

photo175391.jpg

Actor Park Si-hoo revealed a on site picture for "The Princess's Man".

New KBS drama "The Princess's Man" is a tragic comedy retelling the Chosun times, with Park Si-hoo as Kim Seung-yoo, son of Kim Jong-seo in love with Se-ryeong (Moon Chae-won) daughter of General Soo-yang.

In the picture is Park Si-hoo as Kim Seung-yoo, reading his lines, tired from the hot weather and fooling around, totally different from the character he is supposed to be in the drama.

Those who have seen his picture say, "Good job in the hot weather", "I can believe it now that I see it like this, I wish July comes quickly", "I'm looking forward to "The Princess's Man"", "Young Master Seung-yoo, take care of yourself" and more.

Park Si-hoo has been working hard traveling all over the nation and said that the drama feels good after the first shoot.

KBS "The Princess's Man" with Park Si-hoo and Moon Chae-won will be broadcasted on the 20th of July after "Romance Town".

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20110609n05662?mid=e0101 (korean)

credit: HanCinema

Guest chancy426

A message from Romeo.

안녕하셨어요!

Hello!

모두들 잘 지내셨는지요?

How is everyone doing?

때 이른 장마가 시작되고.. 한국의 4계절은 어디로 갔을까요?

The rainy season has started early...where has Korea's 4 Seasons gone?

정말로 건강 잘 챙기세요!

Must take good care of health!

모두 건강하시길 기원드립니다.

Wishing everyone to be healthy.

6월 7일 부터 '공주의 남자' 첫 촬영을 시작했습니다.

June 7 marks the beginning of shooting for "The Princess' Man"

경북 영주, 남양주 종합 촬영소, 제천을 오가면서 촬영중입니다.

Yeongju, Namyanju Studio, and to Jecheon for the shootings.

촬영은 좋은 분위기에서 순조롭게 진행되고 있습니다.

The shooting is smoothly and in good mood.

정종은 초반에는 그리 많이 등장하지는 않지만 제가 사극에서 처음으로 맡게되는 가난하고 코믹한 선비입니다.

This is my first role in a historical as a poor but happy scholar.

중,후반에는 매우 ???하게 변하는 인물입니다.(???로 표현한 부분은 이해해주세요. 비밀입니다^^)

After, the later half will become a more ?? person. (???part, please be understanding. It's a secret. ^^)

오늘은 우선 장소 소개 사진 몇 장 올리구요.

I've upload a few photos to introduce the first filming site.

다음에는 좀 더 현장감 있는 사진과 글을 올리겠습니다.

Next time, I will post more detailed photos and comments.

모쪼록 모두 건강하시고 해복하세요.

Hope everyone stay healthy and happy.

촬영중에 급하게 올리느라 미흡한 부분은 이해해주시길 바랍니다^^

I had hurriedly posted these up during shooting, please forgive the short detailing.

Yeongju

dsc0079u.jpg

dsc0087rs.jpg

Namyanju Studio

dsc0109a.jpg

dsc0110nt.jpg

dsc0135k.jpg

I got the original korean message from baidu, but not sure where exactly it came from.

I'm not completely understanding what this line means, I'm sure my translation is off for this line: 정종은 초반에는 그리 많이 등장하지는 않지만 제가 사극에서 처음으로 맡게되는 가난하고 코믹한 선비입니다.

Really happy that his character starts off as a happy character. happy.gif

That was a nice message from Sihoo. Thanks! I too wonder where they got it from and why didn't he post it on twitter? :unsure:

Here are the latest BTS stills...

b1f56d83f1575b74c65cc314.jpg

we finally have a pic of the Princess :D

8735d040eef07412510ffe15.jpg

the Princess's carriage...

5f0162fe7bc515d79e514615.jpg

67bd59abbd6aed7bbd310981.jpg

28df417407d364665243c1b8.jpg

Src: Baidu

Guest chancy426

According to the new found information on most of the characters i just found, it seems that this story will start before General Suyang (moon chae won's dad) takes the throne and Kim Jong-Seo (park shi hoo's dad) was still alive. I'm so wow-ed that Song Jong Ho is playing a bad person in here. I'm hoping that General Suyang won't be too villian-like so hopefully he will spare Kim Seung-yoo. ph34r.gif Usually how long does it take before a official poster is released?

Guest dhinie

@chancy426 and angelface, thank you for the pics update ... I'm really can't wait ^^

regarding the message from park si hoo, I think it's from his fancafe - sihoorang ... sometimes he drops message there ^^ usually in new year or after he finished drama ^^

Hong Soo Hyun shows off her superior beauty as a Joseon’s princess in Princess’s Man

ed998dec8898ed9884.jpg

The upcoming KBS new drama series Princess’s Man, written by Jo Jeong Ju and directed by Kim Jeong Min, Hong Soo Hyun plays Princess Gyeong Hye. Princess’s Man, scheduled to air in July, features a story with a new perspective about the children of the interested persons referring to the Gyaeyu-Year Political Revolt, one of the most representative events in Joseon.

The new drama series describes a fateful romance between Kim Seung Yu, played by Park Si Hoo, and Seo Ryeong, played by Moon Chae Won. Their families were tragically enemies just like the ones between Romeo and Juliet.

Born as the oldest daughter to King Mun Jong and Queen Hyeon Deok, Princess Gyeong Hye is known for her distinguishable beauty, being pointed out as one of the most beautiful woman in Joseon. She was the apple of her father’s eyes, so she was grown up spoiled and arrogant.

The production team speaks very highly of her: “Hong has various appeals deep inside her. One day, she looks like a pure and innocent girl, but the other day, she transforms herself into a snob with sexy appeals.”

Hong says, “The princess is a misfortunate woman going through a tumultuous life. I believe that this might be a turning point in my acting career. And this character will be recorded as one of the most beautiful roles I’ve played and will play in the future.”

The tragic love story blooming in the middle of the bloody political turmoil will first air on July 20 in the time slot of Romance Town.

By Kim Yeo-na (yeah@tvreport.co.kr)

Source: TVreport (Original article in Korean)

Photo from TVreport

Translated by Geum Jae / Korea.com

Archived