Would you date guys younger than you?

atashi bunny

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nebbalish

it might seem like age matters now, but when you grow up and go into the real world you'll see that you're cutting out a huge number of people if you only restrict yourself to "my age and older"

My dad is one year younger than my mom. But when you're 44 and 45 respectively, who is going to point and be like "omggg cougar alert!!!!" :/ that's just immature.

Guest nana★

For me, no. I have a few friends who are dating younger guys, and they basically act like their moms... ._.

Guest velvetdragonflies

Would I? Hell NO.

I just feel icky .. Like they are my younger sibling or something. He has to be older.

But I don't mind my friends doing so .. Aslong as its not me. Haha.

LOL at the above comment.. I feel like if I ever dated a younger guy .. Which I never would but if I did I would so act as his mom .. LOL

Guest Aimiko

To be honest, I have always felt attracted to guys who are younger than me or older than me. But hardly ever in between. (I seem to attract a lot of younger guys too..and I did date one younger guy before.)

I personally would date guys who are younger than me, in fact, some guys who are younger than me are in term of maturity at the same level as mine. Occasionally, sure, there might be some moments where they fall back to their teen mode, but I can be pretty immature too (at times), so I don't see any harm in it if we would date.

But this only applies to younger guys who are up to par with my sense of maturity. If they are constantly immature, then my answer would be no.

I personally prefer a guy older than me. In my case, I usually end up treating a boy younger than me as a little brother if I end up growing close to him. Why? Because of the fact I have three younger brothers and one is only two years younger than me. It's weird to me to date a guy who is so close to my younger brother's age. I know girls who date guys younger than them and there's nothing wrong with it as long as they can work it out together. (:

Guest <3StrawberryPocky<3

Haha, of course! I admit during high school and college, I may feel a bit awkward due to social pressure to not date someone more than a year younger than me. BUT, after college, I wouldn't mind going cougar style, teehee. I'm just kidding, after college, I'd be open to any age difference as long as it's not as significant as 20 years.

Guest Sanjou

Yes, as long as the guy isn't young enough to be mistaken as my little brother or something o.o

I dated a guy nearly one month younger than me and I'm dating a guy nearly two months younger than me. There's nothing wrong about our relationship due to age whatsoever.

if i really like him AND he really likes me then sure why not :] but if he's like a lot younger than me then no, i wouldn't want to date him since he'll probably be really immature & i'll probably have to babysit him LOLOL jk. but sure why not if we both like each other ^____^

In high school, 2 years was the norm age gap for dating. I'm on to my sophomore year of college & I have friends dating high school seniors so it's fine. But now I'm worried about myself 'cause I think I'm interested in a high school junior??? By the time I graduate college he's starting his freshman year T_T I was never in this situation before. 

Guest Gofishus

I don't think Age matters when you are in love with someone...remember love surpasses all boundaries, age, race, even gender if you want to go that far tongue.gif

In high school, 2 years was the norm age gap for dating. I'm on to my sophomore year of college & I have friends dating high school seniors so it's fine. But now I'm worried about myself 'cause I think I'm interested in a high school junior??? By the time I graduate college he's starting his freshman year T_T I was never in this situation before. 

Ditto, except a smaller age difference for me.

I was always someone who said, "I could never date someone a year younger than me," because my brother's a year younger than me. But in college and onward, age differences of 1-3 years start to seem small.

You might think now that this kind of thing is all-or-nothing, black and white, but if you meet someone who knocks you off your feet and makes everyone your age and even older almost dull in comparison, you want not to care. Which means I do still care. But after dating someone 9 years older and someone 5 years older... even a little younger seems preferable =___=;;;

But I'll admit I'm far less likely to make even the smallest "advances" towards someone younger, and they're less likely to do the same to me, so it's definitely not likely to actually happen.

Guest Eve1430266525

I think I would, but only 1 year younger. Also, it depends on the guy... I have to really, REALLY adore him to do so....

Guest Gofishus

I never had been attracted to a younger man because I like mature guys, so in this case..... younger men don't cross my mind.

is it always the case that younger guys are more immature? Does co-relation imply causation? That's a rhetorical question btw; the answer is no, it doesn't. 

is it always the case that younger guys are more immature? Does co-relation imply causation? That's a rhetorical question btw; the answer is no, it doesn't. 

HAHAHAH. No, I just can't stand it if my boyfriend look younger than me. It makes me feel like a mother.

Guest PEACELOVE123

it depends but if i did he would have to be more mature 

and they can't look like a kid or it will make me feel soo old/ bad/ weird 

Guest Siweonn

My aunt is 6 years older than her husband.

For me, though, I'd rather not since I'm only 19 and guys even my age are mostly still immature. Going even younger than that will just test my patience all the time.

Guest omygosh.skies

2 years younger thats about it, I wouldn't date a guy 3 years younger, i'd just feel akward and old and I wouldn't like that. 2 years seem decent enough, I mean, not much of a difference then after all. But If i was 18 and he was 16, no. I'd only date a younger guy once i'm in my twenties like 22 or something.

Archived