The 47th Annual BaekSang Arts Awards (47회 백상예술대상)

Guest gj_fil

HJW never disappoints me on the red carpet! Her dress was amp! jaw dropping! :phew:

I can say that Ha Ji Won and Yoon Eun Hye have a high sense for fashion :rolleyes:

S2621142686131.jpg

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 47th Baeksang Arts Award winners

htm_20110526222527c000c010-001.JPG

L-R: Jung Bo Suk (Best Actor-Giant), Han Hyo Joo (Best Actress-Dong Yi), Lee Byung Hun (Daesang-I Saw the Devil), Tang Wei (Best Actress-Late Autumn), Ha Jung Woo (Best Actor-Yellow Sea)

Absentee: Hyun Bin (Daesang-Secret Garden)

Guest sweet.kimjae

being stiff as wood and can't even portray some emotion express  means good actor? LoL Park Yoochin....

now i know why people hates Idol turned actors....

well that was his role . lee sun joon was supposed to be cold and didnt know how to express his feelings

kim soo hyun got so many apportunities b4 dream high and if his acting was better than yoochun's

then he should've win since 2007 not now

ha jiwon got her chance and won daesang last year also

i understand u believe that others deserve the awards more

but at least u should respect the other actors / actresses without bashing

Guest crazykaiyi

Well, if anyone's unsatisfied with the results, you can always go to the judges and demand an explanation for their choice, or even request for a re-judgement. It'll definitely help so much more than to sit in front of the computer and protest about your displease towards idol-turned-actors.

I respect your opinion towards Yoochun's acting, but that does not justify your assumption of the show being a biased one, for at the same time you did so, you're equally doubting the validity of the other awards given out to the other actors.

If that's the case, I do agree that you should avoid watching award shows in the future then, since two of the few drama awards shows have already given their recognition towards Yoochun's acting, which in your opinion, were not awarded justly, and therefore suggesting that these shows were unjust and the awards that were given out were equally biased.

If you're so great at judging what's good acting and what's not, why not be the judge for the awards shows yourself, for I can tell from your arrogance that you're more than capable of being fair and just in the awarding of actors.

All I wanted to say is that It is perfectly fine to disagree with the results, but it does not give anyone the right to shame others for your lamenting's sake.

Guest raiven

Even though Kim Soo Hyun is not really a newcomer he also deserves the award cause Dream High is his first drama as the main lead(not actually a title role). His performance in DH was excellent and together with the veteran actors + EJ they carried the show.

But then again, I don't mind Park Yoochun winning the award. Kim Soo Hyun is so talented that I know he'll win a Daesang after a couple of years given the right project, right now he established his name already through DH so we'll see a lot from him. I believe 2011 will be his year.

About PYC's acting, we already had that debate or argument in the SKKS thread. His acting was well received by the Korean audience but not that of international fans because we rely on english subs plus we don't know really know how Korean people act in that era. I remember someone said he's born for sageuk as he acted how a true nobleman in that time would be, plus his pronunciation or whatever you call it, the "sageuk tone" was really good and even veteran actors are having a hard time with it. So give the guy a break, he also deserves the award.

Guest ngthuhien149

being stiff as wood and can't even portray some emotion express means good actor? LoL Park Yoochin....

LOL at someone who does not even watch the drama n does not even know the characteristic of LSJ, Yoochun's character xD I know u, u trolled in his thread as well, hater for life, ain't u? Don't act like until now you have just known the reason why ppl hate idol turned actor? XDXD LOL you trolled him every where b4 XDXD LMAO n not every idol goes act and gets award easily? Don't u mean the judges are less smart than u?

LSJ is a really hard character to act. When others got so many chances to express their emotion and show viewers clearly how good they are at acting, For LSJ, you cannot act that way, it requires you to act deeper, do not show a lot but express well his so subtle emotion n feeling. For a rookie to choose this role, he risked himself since the chances he got bashed is way more higher than normal roles. Yoochun can make ppl love him thru that character, It shows how well he did and how much effort he made

Anyway I think everyone tonight deserves their award, I hope Kim So Hyun gets his award later as Best Actor tho. He is good, he is just not rookie any more. He debuted in 2008. I am pretty sure he will get it really soon. He is young and talented, he has a lot of chances

Even though Kim Soo Hyun is not really a newcomer he also deserves the award cause Dream High is his first drama as the main lead(not actually a title role). His performance in DH was excellent and together with the veteran actors + EJ they carried the show.

But then again, I don't mind Park Yoochun winning the award. Kim Soo Hyun is so talented that I know he'll win a Daesang after a couple of years given the right project, right now he established his name already through DH so we'll see a lot from him. I believe 2011 will be his year.

About PYC's acting, we already had that debate or argue in the SKKS thread. His acting was well received by the Korean audience but not that of international fans because we rely on english subs plus we don't know really know how Korean people act in that era. I remember someone said he's born for sageuk as he acted how a true nobleman in that time would be, plus his pronunciation or whatever you call it, the "sageuk tone" was really good and even veteran actors are having a hard time with it. So give the guy a break, he also deserves the award.

Isn't PYC's acting also well-received by the international fans? God, I remember the SKKS days when the thread is so active and the moderator will come to tell us off. And there'll never be a page without praising his acting. Even the resident soompiers would say his acting isn't bad at all. It isn't just the sageuk tone, it's the way he handled the Sunjoon character. That character isn't easy to pull off because anything more than what Yuchun did would really be too much, like overacting already----and very inappropriate too, knowing Lee Sun Joon's character

Guest raiven

Isn't PYC's acting also well-received by the international fans? God, I remember the SKKS days when the thread is so active and the moderator will come to tell us off. And there'll never be a page without praising his acting. Even the resident soompiers would say his acting isn't bad at all. It isn't just the sageuk tone, it's the way he handled the Sunjoon character. That character isn't easy to pull off because anything more than what Yuchun did would really be too much, like overacting already.

I know but his acting was more well-received by the Korean audience rather than us international fans, because if you read at blogs like Dramabeans etc... PYC received a lot of bashing. Even in the SKKS thread in soompi, it was more like a mix of opinions. I know because I'm one of the people who read that thread while SKKS is airing. I thought there's a lot more Geol Oh and Yeo Rim fans compare to Ga Rang fans.

Guest stupidcupid1992

KPOPANDA (*FIXED AND CORRECTED)

FULL WINNERS LIST

Actor of the Year (Daesang - Drama) - Hyun Bin (SBS "Secret Garden")

Drama of the Year - SBS "Secret Garden"

Best Actor (Drama) - Jung Bo Suk (SBS "Giant")

Best Actress (Drama) - Han Hyo Joo (MBC "Dong Yi")

Female Newcomer (Drama) - Yoo In Na (SBS "Secret Garden")

Male Newcomer (Drama) - Park Yoo Chun (KBS2 "Sungkyunkwan Scandal")

Scriptwriter of the Year (Drama) - Kim Eun Suk (SBS "Secret Garden")

Director of the Year (Drama) - Lee Jung Sub (KBS2 "Baker King Kim Tak Gu")

New Director of the Year (Drama) - Kim Won-Suk (KBS2 "Sungkyunkwan Scandal")

Netizens Popularity Award - Park Yoo Chun and Moon Geun Young

Actor of the Year (Daesang - Film) - Lee Byung Hun ("I Saw the Devil)

Film of the Year - Ajushhi (The Man from No Where)

Best Actor (Film) - Ha Jung Woo

Best Actress (Film) - Tang Wei

Male Newcomer (Film) - T.O.P ("71: Into the Fire")

Female Newcomer (Film) - Shin Hyun-Bin ("He's on Duty")

Director of the Year (Film) - Kim Young-Tak ("Hello Ghost")

Scriptwriter of the Year (Film) - Yook Sang-Hyo ("He's On Duty")

Netizens Popularity Award - Park Shin Hye & T.O.P

Best Variety Show - Come to Play (MBC)

TV Entertainment Award (Female) - Kim Won-Hee (MBC "Come to Play")

TV Entertainment Award (Male) - Lee Soo-Geun (KBS2 "1 Night 2 Days")

Best Documentary - School (EBS)

Congrats to All Winners

Guest jem_

where in my post did i say that i hate park YC ?or that he was throughoutly bad? 

the argument that KSH doesn't deserve it because he is not a rookie anymore is irrelevant

Just to remind JYJ fans PYC has officially debuted in 2005 in “Banjun Drama”

his first big role last year in SKKS like KSH with “dream high” this year

it's not about who was there first but acting skill

now let's respect each other opinions and don't begin a fanwar ^_^

Hi Guys, respect the winners!!! All of them are good that;s why they were nominated in the first place. The only trouble is someone has to win for every award!!! Everyone in the awards are good that's why they did not let my Yoon Shi Yoon to win :(

being stiff as wood and can't even portray some emotion express  means good actor? LoL Park Yoochin....

FYI, among all the idol-turned-actors, Park Yuchun is the most well-loved, most well-received, and most praised. Every.poll.said.so. I'm sorry, but your argument is invalid when it comes to Park Yuchun. There were ahjumma, halmoni fans WHO didn't even know who he was (that he was a part of TVXQ, now with JYJ) and actually PRAISED HIM of his acting---how can you even say that's biased, at all? And goodness, when you attack, at least get the name right!

I know but his acting was more well-received by the Korean audience rather than us international fans, because if you read at blogs like Dramabeans etc... PYC received a lot of bashing. Even in the SKKS thread in soompi, it was more like a mix of opinions. I know because I'm one of the people who read that thread while SKKS is airing. I thought there's a lot more Geol Oh and Yeo Rim fans compare to Ga Rang fans.

Ah. I remember those who didn't favour his acting. But then, I do remember that their argument was... "It's because his acting is a bit too lacking" or something to that effect. But as I said earlier, anything more than what he did would be inappropriate already. He's very upright, etc so how can he be like Song Joong Ki's character, at all? I guess, it's because it's the characters, Geol Oh and Yeo Rim, that APPEAL the most with people. I remember this comment from the SKKS thread, that Sunjoon's character is commendable but in the real, modern life, it's his likes that don't really appeal with people since he'll be hard to "jive" with.

Guest ngthuhien149

Hi Guys, respect the winners!!! All of them are good that;s why they were nominated in the first place. The only trouble is someone has to win for every award!!! Everyone in the awards are good that's why they did not let my Yoon Shi Yoon to win :(

Best comment ever.

Every single actor and actress tonight deserves their time. That is their night, even for the one who did not get any award, being nominated in Baeksang award is one of the greatest honor for all actors in Korea. Baeksang is called Korean Oscar. If ur ppl did not get it this time, as long as they have talent they will get one soon, very soon....

btw Go Jun Hyun and Moon Geun Young are effin gorgeous tonite

Guest JPhylls

I'm not going to defend Chun's acting since I'm his fan and everything I say will be biased ^^. But for those who doubt the justice of this award:

1. Baeksang Arts Award is the MOST prestigious award in Korea, for both movies and TV dramas.

2. Park Yoochun, along with JYJ is cockblock by one of the biggest entertainement companies a.k.a. SM Ent. If they have the power to influence the decision of the judges, then we fans don't have to do all things that we have been doing from then until now to protect them.

3. KBS is the host of Baeksang this year. SKKS and Dream High are both KBS. BUT, DH is MUCH more recent. And I believe Chun's drama, Miss Ripley, which is gonna be aired in JUST a few days, is from MBC ^^.

And finally, CONGRATS to all the WINNERS!!!

Guest s u n d a e_

YES Han Hyo Joo won Best Actress! i loved Dong Yi, the character and drama. she was so natural in the role.

Archived