[JDrama 2011] Asuko March! アスコーマーチ!

joyfuls

Starring Takei Emi, Matsuzaka Tori, Kaku Kento....

112adcl.jpg

Title: Asuko March! | アスコーマーチ!

Format: Renzoku

Genre: School drama

Episodes: TBA

Broadcast network: TV Asahi

Broadcast period: 2011-Apr-24 start

Air time: Sunday 23:00

Theme song: Soredemo Shinjiteru by FUNKY MONKEY BABYS

Synopsis

Takei plays Yoshino Nao, a girl who fails the entrance exams of her target high school. She winds up enrolling in a technical high school called Kenritsu Asuka Kougyou Koukou, also known by the nickname "Asuko." Out of the 148 entering freshmen, only three are girls, and Nao is the only one in her class. --Tokyograph

Cast

Takei Emi as Yoshino Nao

Matsuzaka Tori as Yokoyama Arito

Kaku Kento as Tamaki Makoto

Nagayama Kento as Takeuchi Kazuya

Minami Keisuke as Wajima Go

Ishida Takuya as Hirose Satomi

Furukawa Yuki as Kishi Tetsuro

Kanai Yuta as Murai Hajime

Arai Yusuke as Hirakawa Koji

Nishi Yosuke as Watanabe Shinichiro

Character Chart

10qyx5v.jpg

I just watched the first two episodes on viki and it's been pretty good so far. Is anyone else watching this? I don't hear much about this drama.

Guest K_a_n

I watched the first two episodes and it's really good. I really like all the characters. It's refreshing to have a main character who's focused on what she wants to do in regards to her future rather than searching for love.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LeleLee

nice dorama...

i love tamaki who played by kaku kento,,,

but yokoyama aruto is interesting character too,,and it seems nao like him more..

nice dorama...

i love tamaki who played by kaku kento,,,

but yokoyama aruto is interesting character too,,and it seems nao like him more..

Guest rielihui

this show is hella cute! best new jdrama I've seen in a while...the rest of them don't really interest me that much..

• 3 weeks later...

This drama needs more love. I thought I've grown out of Japanese high school dramas by now, but Asuko managed to pull me in with its cuteness and earnestness. I find the whole industrial school setting quite refreshing, and I love that the drama actually tries to explore some of the physical and emotional difficulties a girl has while trying to survive in an institution full of boys, instead of veering towards the HanaKimi-route.

I get that Aruto is the male lead here, but OMG TamakixNao needs to happen!!

I've been watching this but the only thing I don't like is that they don't focus on the romance enough. I am already tired of everyone's issues - just start making out or something, people! :lol:

I guess they like the usual moral of the story thing in jdramas but I think I would love more relationship stuff. And Aruto's issues are too much for a high school girl to have to deal with. Why did they write such a background story for him?

I'm really enjoying this drama. Takei Emi is fantastic. She makes the whole thing believable and doesn't over exaggerate.

I think if you like dramas like Gokusen or Hana Kimi, you would love this show. I particularly like the compelling love triangle, which is kind of rare in jdramas.

ok, just finished ep 8 and it was awesome. I still don't feel anything for the ArutoxNao pairing, it's like, the plot is trying to force me to believe in their romance, instead of showing me the natural progression of their relationship, which is why I still think Tamaki is a better choice. That guy is always there for her, he constantly supports her, strengthens her; he was the one who made her realise the beauty and importance of industrial work...gah, my heart is going to be so broken if they don't end up together.

And Aruto's issues are too much for a high school girl to have to deal with. Why did they write such a background story for him?

the drama is apparently based on a manga, so I guess that sort of explains it. But most teenagers in jdramas I've seen do go through a lot awful things. and I, too, am frustrated at the lack of kissage in the show.

Guest jyoisu

Extremely good series, I like how it's on a more serious level. Rather than Gokusen it is a bit more like Rookies?

I agree with Autumn, I'm definitely shipping Tamaki and Nao although I doubt they will end up together. There is just something about the Aruto and Nao pairing that seems to be off/lacking. The guy who plays Tamaki reminds me of Matsumoto Jun for some reason :/ my first time seeing this guy on screen but I think he will make it big. I dont think he is particularly good looking but he's got a certain star quality to him. The girl who plays momo totally reminds me of aya ueto, they look soo much alike at certain angles. Nagayama Kento looks exactly like his brother, sometimes I forget that he is not Eita...

I actually like the subtle romance in this series, it works well with the story which is mainly focused on character development and life issues. I'd actually hate it if it suddenly turned all lovey dovey. Plus I always cringe when I see those awkward kiss scenes in jdramas where they just press their lips together for an awkward moment.

Guest s_umire

Like everyone's been saying, I just don't feel for Aruto x Nao :\ But knowing typical J-Dramas, she'll prolly end up with him ;w;

/HOLDING ON TO TAMAKI X NAO HOPES

/CLINGGGGGGGGGGGGING

• 3 weeks later...
Guest miki_chan

Started this drama with a whatever feeling, and honestly I really liked it! Definitely worth watching.

Takei Emi is gorgeous and she should be credited for her acting because she delivered well. I agree with most people here, I wasn't really feeling ArutoxNao. I would of liked it if she ended up with Tamaki haha. (He did do a lot of things for her throughout the drama)

• 1 month later...
Guest szesze

started watching this drama because i was bored... but OMG... just the first episode got me wanting more!! I pretty much watched nonstop. I really REALLY REALLLLYYYY wanted Nao and Tamaki to be together... but I guess Aruto was the main male lead... sigh. but it's really cute how they all come to like her as a friend and someone more. hehehehe~ *FANGIRL OVERLOAD*

ok. so, definitely recommend you to watch this.

I hope there will be a second season.

<3 Tamaki~

• 1 year later...

In the middle of watching this & am loving every minute of it. I know she doesn't end up with Tamaki but I was still holding out for a glimmer of hope that there could be a twist. I actually prefer Nao with either Tamaki or Hirose.l I love the bond between the classmates.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived