[Variety] Saturday Freedom - Immortal Song 2 불후의 명곡 2

Guest chopper!

Guest timpa

I wish I could get KBS World here, but the only cable I can get is Comcast and they don't carry it.

Shin Dong Yup is called 'hands of God', but this last episode was perfect. Can you get any better than having Ali perform last on her final show? She went full-out and had a great performance and gets to leave the show with one final victory. No other singer is more recognized with the show than her so I think it meant a lot to leave that way.

No Brain's performance was also really good and I loved how they mentioned everyone they competed against and the MCs as well. Kim Gura getting a shout-out too.

Looks like some idol singers may be returning in the future as Super Junior's Rye Wook and Infinite's Sung Gyu are going to be be regulars for a time.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi YoonSooJin, sorry for not replying sooner. I'm an Asian living in California :)

Timpa, I have Comcast too but the most basic one. It only has the major networks + Discovery channel and some locals. They have KEMS too which is I think mostly MBN. I'm in East Bay, I'm not sure if Comcast lineup is different regionally.

Last week performances were awesome, all were strong. Congrats Ali!

Everybody cried during No Brain's stage, the band cried... But they forgot to include Shin Dongyup, hehehe...

I like Kyungmin's band as well, especially the bass sound... I love the banter between Dongyup and Hong Kyungmin, always looking forward to the subs :)

Thanks Semi-fly...
Standing O for HKM... This episode reminds me of him singing "My Country, My People". He's sooo good and he can be the national singer who specialized in singing national anthem or patriotic songs... Go oppa! ^ ^

Thanks Semi-fly!
Hong Kyungmin's number belongs to be performed at the big stadium! Very patriotic and beautiful, with the choir and the timpani and the trumpet. He arranged it very well... and I think it's great that the members of the choir were youth - they represent energy, and they wore simple black shirt and jeans.  
and I just noticed that they show the names of the musicians, I'm happy because I've been wanting to know more about HKM's band, at least I know their names now :)

• 2 weeks later...

While am working on the boring environmental audit documents, I played the JYP special part 1-2.~~ Oh that ol' good time, I do miss those crowds.. They're talented singers, competitive, funny yet supportive to each other. 
HKM is surely the big oppa in the house, where everyone is ready to listen to him then tease him mercilessly-- including get slapped at his shoulders all the time by the sisters. He's talented and always be the proudest oppa cum supporter for his younger sist/bro. The Jin sister and Sonya are the awesomest sisters who always take everyone's breath away with their amazing voice and performance.. No Brain and the rest are simply wonderful, simply talented... simply captivating. Their interaction and competition kept me glued watching them week to week and laugh cheerfully with their playfulness banters and jokes... Duh! How I miss these crowd... +_+"

• 3 weeks later...

Archived