[Variety] Saturday Freedom - Immortal Song 2 불후의 명곡 2

Guest chopper!

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ezy85

I'm super in love with this show! I'm wondering why is this thread so quiet. Hmm :unsure:

My biases are Hyorin and G.O. Before watching episode 6, I though Shin Young Jae and Hyorin would definitely outperformed others, but OMG, GO and JLim's performance was beyond awesome. Their voice complemented each other very well and they didn't outshine each other.

On the other hand, Hyorin, my dear Hyorin, paraded too much high notes at the end that it shadowed Shin Young Jae's voice. I remembered in episode 3 for her Heeya performance, one of the professional critics commented that Hyorin focused too much on hitting high notes (and getting the right pronunciation) that the emotion of the song was lost. Her performance there was too highly decorated (vocal wise). I hope for her next performance, she won't repeat the same "trend" again.

Did I say I love GO and J Lim's performance? I think you would too when you understand the lyrics

Scar Deeper Than Love

I waited for a long time because it was you that I wanted

I sent you off hiding my sadness

I didn’t know if you still wanted to hold on to me

While deceiving me

A trace of me still remains within your tears

It’s such a pity to throw memories away

‘I remember you’

I’ll tell you now

That long wait

Though I can’t see your smile any longer after you’ve left

I’ve always been thinking about your everything……

I, someone who left scars deeper than love

I know now and am filled with regret

Though everything is gone

To me, you’re still here

You were crying, too filled with memories

I can’t say anything to you now

I don’t know how to forgive you [when you cry like that]

You’ve always protected and gave me solace

Though I was unworthy

And I’ve only left you pain

Though I can’t see your smile any longer after you’ve left

I’ve always been thinking about your everything……

I, someone who left scars deeper than love

I know now and am filled with regret

I imagined you beside me

Now, I’ll give you all my dreams

credit pinkaholics

Guest apple_red

i agree about hyorin's high note...

she's in fact, became my favourite beside Yesung after watching her from eps 1

but i dont know..after winning the first eps, it seems she's getting more focus about her voice instead of the songs and emotion..:huh:

and when we say her voice is means the high notes...we can see how she cant wait to hit the high notes and focus on that part while ignore the rest of the songs..

during eps 3, what made her loose to Yesung, i think was that she failed to deliver the  message of the song. yoseob who was singing the same song done better job to deliver the meaning of the songs...

and the way she hit the high notes making people forget what is Heeya is all about..

she did it again in this week's eps...during duets, she should not outshine the partner, but she did...

i hope she didnt do the same next week....

but is it true that she must go if she won the 3rd time ?? i dont want she leave the show before Junsu JYJ and Tae yeon SNSD join this show.. :w00t:

Guest ezy85

i agree about hyorin's high note...

she's in fact, became my favourite beside Yesung after watching her from eps 1

but i dont know..after winning the first eps, it seems she's getting more focus about her voice instead of the songs and emotion..:huh:

and when we say her voice is means the high notes...we can see how she cant wait to hit the high notes and focus on that part while ignore the rest of the songs..

during eps 3, what made her loose to Yesung, i think was that she failed to deliver the  message of the song. yoseob who was singing the same song done better job to deliver the meaning of the songs...

and the way she hit the high notes making people forget what is Heeya is all about..

she did it again in this week's eps...during duets, she should not outshine the partner, but she did...

i hope she didnt do the same next week....

but is it true that she must go if she won the 3rd time ?? i dont want she leave the show before Junsu JYJ and Tae yeon SNSD join this show.. :w00t:

Well, the PD said they can leave after winning three times. Hmm, perhaps she can stay if she wants to. Recently, the PD said they would reduce the changes made to the casts. So, maybe they would make her stay longer....huhu With the legal issue still remains unsettled, I doubt JYJ Junsu would be offered to be in IS2 anytime soon. I hope I'm wrong though. I wonder who would fill in Chang Min's spot after he leaves for his HOMME promo activity. I hope it would be a female idol, like Tae Yeon or Rania's main vocalist.

BTW, I saw eng sub for Lee Hongki's part for episode 6. I'm sure Hyorin's part would come out soon. So, I would just do text sub for GO's part...huhu

1:02:46 - 1:04:06

[The next group - GO and Jeong Hee, burdened with pressure]

Donghwa - Ah, how relaxing, how comforting!

[Everyone is mesmerized by the melody sang by Junsu and Young Hyun]

Gura - They really did very well. Both of them are single right?

Donghwa - Yes, they're both single.

Gura - Hope they will live happily together

Changmin - Hahaha! Hope they will live happily!

[just like a well-matched couple on stage]

Gura - Kim Heechul, you totally drained out all your energy, right? How do you feel?

Heechul - Ah, now, even my blood is all dried up. For Hongki, he can always bring out a new set of appearance/image next week. But for me, this is only a one-time stage performance. Actually, it can be a moment that last for all my lifetime.

Donghwa - a performance that will be in your profile for lifetime

Heechul - Was it that awkward?

Saejun - It wasn't. It's really good. This is the first time I see you being so nervous

[Even though he did very well, he was still very nervous]

Hongki - the part where we looked at each other while singing, Heechul looked really sad.

[Heechul hyung was singing sadly]

[they promised to happily sing the song together]

Hongki - I immediately laughed that I couldn't continue singing

Heechul - if this part is broadcasted, I will be even sadder

Heechul - Let's go to KTV after this

[They haven't shown off their KTV singing strength?]

Young Hyun - I'm sorry. I didn't do that well

[This side is also worried]

Junsu - I'm also nervous. I was singing and feeling nervous at the same time.

Young Hyun - The last part

[The climax part is very unclear]

Young Hyun - How should it be in the original song?

Junsu - Haeyo yo yo yo

Young Hyun - I did yo ooo oooo ooo

Junsu - That is fine as well. It's really dashing like that

Young Hyun - Why did I have to be so "over the top" on other people's stage

Junsu - After the duet, although I felt that it could be even better, I also feel proud. Singing a duet with a senior who won a Daesang by itself is already something to be proud of.

Gura - You would be very nervous like this

GO - I'm very nervous right now.

Lee Hyun - but your expression isn't showing that ...

GO - Yesterday, Junsu was also like that. He said that he didn't prepare well enough

[Junsu pretending act]

[Perfectionist Junsu's common style]

Changmin - this is Junsu's common style

[The last group - GO and Jeong Hee's stage]

[sunbae Lim Jeong Hee's practice room]

GO - I was like being in shock

Jeong Hee - You wasn't like being in shock. You did very well but I made mistake.

[Trying to work harder in front of a junior]

Jeong Hee - I was like a bit confused, right

GO - This song is a man's song. So, when singing duet, I feel that this song might not suit female voice tone. Jeong Hee Sunbae had made a lot of adjustment for my sake.

[Making it half a tone higher is great too!]

Jeonghee - It is better like this

[A self-claimed GO's singing trainer]

Jeonghee - better! Choose one. Just choose one.

[Meeting sunbae, GO who learned new things]

GO - If I make mistake, I afraid that I would trouble Jeong Hee Sunbae. So, I feel a lot of pressure. This song itself is already difficult. The original version is also sang very well.

[scars deeper than love]

[A duet by the best singer at the time Yim Jae Bum and a new singer with outstanding singing ability Park Jung Hyun]

[song arrangement? no big changes]

GO - the song originally was already not bad, so we are just going to sing it with a gentler tone, like a theme song for an animation.

[GO and Lim Jeong Hee's duet]

Please refer to the above translated lyrics ...

[Last performance by GO's and LIm Jeong Hee's Scars deeper than love heated up the stage]

Lee Hyun - So good!

Gura - it would be great if they can live happily together!

[singing like that automatically are lovers]

Lee Hyun and Changmin - They really matched

Jeonghee - we seemed to do well... like we have to believe we did well

GO - what makes me feel grateful is that I could become closer to Jeong Hee. I'm being thankful for having this opportunity. Having chance to do a duet performance like this is rare.

[A duet performance that has always been looking forward to]

GO - A performance that I always want to be in. So, I'm very happy.

[] - screen cap translation

Guest ezy85

For episode 7, I think no one really stands out except for Hong Ki. A very very very well-deserved winner. Congrats Hongki

I think GO does not suit rock at all. His voice is too soft and he doesn't have long breath to "shout". Nevermind, GO. Expand yourself in other genre, OK.

For Hyorin, I'm not sure if she can't sing well at lower tone or something is wrong with my ear. Her voice disappear here and there while performing the slow part. Hmm, weird weird. But, her clothes are so pretty and cute - a modern style short hanbok is it?

Guest apple_red

For episode 7, I think no one really stands out except for Hong Ki. A very very very well-deserved winner. Congrats Hongki

I think GO does not suit rock at all. His voice is too soft and he doesn't have long breath to "shout". Nevermind, GO. Expand yourself in other genre, OK.

For Hyorin, I'm not sure if she can't sing well at lower tone or something is wrong with my ear. Her voice disappear here and there while performing the slow part. Hmm, weird weird. But, her clothes are so pretty and cute - a modern style short hanbok is it?

i agree...

eventhough Hongki get advantage for the genre....Hyorin seems not on her best. that's too bad..since i heard this is going to be their last performance :blink:

Junsu and Changmin is good as well...but compare to the rocker Hongki, they're loose the "it" factor

is it true that after next week male vocalist special and the next week after female vocalist special they will change all the cast ??

i only heard about Kyuhyun SJ participation on 25...not sure for the rest

Guest ezy85

i agree...

eventhough Hongki get advantage for the genre....Hyorin seems not on her best. that's too bad..since i heard this is going to be their last performance :blink:

Junsu and Changmin is good as well...but compare to the rocker Hongki, they're loose the "it" factor

is it true that after next week male vocalist special and the next week after female vocalist special they will change all the cast ??

i only heard about Kyuhyun SJ participation on 25...not sure for the rest

Hmm, one of the reason for Hyorin's lacking this week is because it's a new genre for her that she got stressed out more easily. She is very comfortable with jazz, soul, R&B kind of genres, which explained her twice victories. BTW, listening again to her last performance, I realized it's not that her voice disappeared (as I commented earlier) but she sang with pauses, maybe because the song is originally a trot song.

I think Jiyoon is not at the same par as other contestants vocally...yet. I can hear she sang it off-tune when she was practicing and in the actual performance she was screaming rather than singing. What puzzling me though, every time she finished performing, she always thought that she had done very well. She's very satisfied with her performance that she believed she would win ... a complete opposite to Junsu ... LOL. Having high confidence is great, but it will be bad if it hinders one's will to improve, don't you think?

But overall, I think this episode is very interesting, as we have trot songs performed in hip hop, spanish/european folk, britpop, k-traditional, pop, rock styles. Gotta give props to their creativity! This show will definitely continue to grow and become one of the best reality shows in Korea :)

EDIT: I heard only Chang Min is leaving for his HOMME's comeback. So far, only Shin Young Jae and Kyuhyun are confirmed to join the show later. So, changing all the current casts is very unlikely to happen.

Guest ezy85

super in love with Im Tae Kyung and Lee Hyuk's performance. What a wide vocal range Lee Hyuk has, he hits very low and very high notes perfectly! Awesome, truly awesome!

BTW, who won?

Guest chopper!

K.will gave me tears, the song reminded me of my late grandma. Im Taekyung and Lee Hyuk gave me goosebumps! omg, they did so well, blew me away! big and powerful performances always seem to win.

Guest CBfantastic

Can't wait for the special with the females. After seeing Hwan hee it makes me think that it would been nice if they put Hwayobi on the female Special.

Archived