Lee Kwang Soo 이광수

Guest adikkeluangman

July 21, 2016

Lee Kwang Soo, "I don't want to be greedy"

Source: OBSnews via Hancinema.net

photo748829.jpg

Fashion magazine In Style featured Lee Kwang-soo and his interview in the August issue.

He starred in the tvN drama "Dear My Friends" as Kim Hye-ja's son and left quite an impression. He said, "I realized a lot of things watching Kim Hye-ja from so close. She does everything perfectly even at times she doesn't have to. I thought I prepared a lot for my role, but compared to her, I'm nothing. I have a long way to go".

photo748828.jpg

He's starring in the tvN drama "Entourage Korea". He's gotten close to the cast and they hang out every now and then. "I think harmony with your fellow co-stars is important".

He spoke about the standards he chooses in characters. "I have been lucky so far and I'm grateful to have met such good people around me".

photo748827.jpg

"I have never been greedy about anything I think. I am just satisfied with myself at the moment".

Lee Kwang-soo's interview can be seen in the August issue of InStyle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

August 9, 2016

Lee Kwang Soo Named New Model For Buckaroo

Source: Soompi by leonid 

Lee Kwang Soo Named New Model For Buckaroo

Lee Kwang Soo is the latest face of brand Buckaroo!

On August 9, King Kong Entertainment stated, “Lee Kwang Soo has been designated the fashion model for the 2016 F/W season of casual vintage brand Buckaroo.”

lee kwang soo nara 2

Lee Kwang Soo has made a name for himself all over Korea as well as around the globe through diverse projects in movies, dramas, and variety shows, earning him the nickname of “Asia’s Prince.”

lee kwang soo 3

The actor also has experience in the field of modelling, where he puts his impressive height, striking appearance, and unique fashion sense to good use.

Recognizing his easygoing but refined image, Buckaroo decided that he would make a good match with the brand’s vintage textures and stylish tailoring, and has named him the new face of this season.

lee kwang soo nara

In the photos, Lee Kwang Soo also poses with rising CF star and his fellow Buckaroo model, Hello Venus’s Nara.

Buckaroo officials stated, “With Buckaroo, hallyu star and actor Lee Kwang Soo can create a positive influence as the new ambassador of Korean fashion, so he has been appointed our model for 2016. He will participate in various promotions through which our customers can meet him, including an event to celebrate his appointment.”

Source (1) (2)

August 13, 2016

August Brand Power Rankings For Actors Revealed

Source: Soompi by kokoberry 

The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed its brand power rankings for actors for August (from July 11 to August 12). The results come from 76,521,377 pieces of data that measure brand participation, media coverage, communication, and community.

In first place comes Gong Yoo with 7,718,734. Following him is Ha Jung Woo and Song Joong Ki in second and third place respectively.

Check out the full list below!

1. Gong Yoo
2. Ha Jung Woo
3. Song Joong Ki
4. Lee Byung Hun
5. Park Hae Il
6. Hwang Jung Min
7. Lee Jung Jae
8. Song Hye Kyo
9. Kim Soo Hyun
10. Cha Seung Won
11. Lee Beom Soo
12. Song Kang Ho
13. Yoo Ah In
14. Lee Min Ho
15. Kang Dong Won
16. Jun Ji Hyun
17. Choi Min Sik
18. Yoo Hae Jin
19. Oh Dal Soo
20. Yoo Seung Ho
21. Lee Kwang Soo

A representative from the research institute revealed that there were big changes in brand power rankings due to the success of the film “Train To Busan” which features Gong Yoo. As for Ha Jung Woo, he had been maintaining a high ranking but moved up from third place to second place due to his new film “Tunnel.”

Source (1)

• 1 month later...

October 6, 2016

‘Entourage’ Discloses Its Poster

Source: BNTNews

sw0daif3ndaxruzn0mcikwobjrbyj5c3.jpg

[by Woorim Ahn] Drama ‘Entourage’ disclosed its poster. 

On November 4, the drama will air its first episode and it will draw the story of trendy hot star Young Bin (Seo Kang Jun), his friends Ho Jin (Park Jung Min), Jun (Lee Kwang Soo), Geobuk (Lee Dong Hwi) and his agency CEO Eungap (Cho Jin Woong). 

Its original version in the United States made a hit from 2004 to 2011 and its first remake version will be born in Korea by producer Jang Young Woo and scriptwriters Seo Jae Won and Kwon Sora. 

In the poster, Cho Jin Woong, Seo Kang Joon, Lee Kwang Soo, Park Jung Min and Lee Dong Hwi perfectly changed into their roles and stood on a red carpet. An outdoor billboard with Cha Young Bin’s face proved his tremendous popularity and a caption saying ‘jerks relying on a star’ went along well to raise the mass public’s anticipations for the drama. 

The drama’s staff said, “Since ‘Entourage’ is about entertainment field story, the poster depicted the five people on a red carpet. The drama was produced prior to its airing, so the five actors could be taken more naturally.”

Meanwhile, ‘Entourage’ will air its first episode on November 4. (photo by CJ E&M) 

October 12, 2016

‘Entourage’ sets new broadcasting record

(tvN)

The upcoming tvN drama “Entourage” is scheduled to air in nine different countries across Asia, setting a new record for Korean dramas. 

One of its producers said, “We are extremely excited and proud that ‘Entourage’ will be airing across nine different countries in Asia. It is particularly meaningful because this is the first time that a Korean drama has tackled such a unique theme. We hope the drama meet everyone’s expectations.” 

“Entourage” is scheduled to premiere in Korea on Nov. 4 at 11 p.m. on tvN. It will air in China simultaneously through the online platform Tencent Video. It will then be aired three days later on tvN Asia in Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Cambodia, Myanmar and Australia. It will be aired a week later on Mnet Japan.

The tvN drama “Entourage” is a Korean remake of the popular HBO series of the same name. It revolves around an up-and-coming movie star and his entourage as they navigate their way through the showbiz industry. 

The Korean remake stars Seo Kang-joon as a young actor on the rise, Park Jung-min as his best friend and manager, Lee Dong-hwi as his carefree childhood friend, and Lee Kwang-soo as the star’s has-been actor cousin. Lastly, Jo Jin-woong will take on the role of the power agent who helps the actor rise to the top. 

“Entourage” will also include cameos by top stars such as Ha Jung-woo, Song Ji-hyo, Kang Ha-neul, Jin Goo, Clara, Lee Tae-im, Park Chan-wook and Kim Tae-ri. 

Check out the first teaser below: 

By Lee Sang-won (sangdoze@heraldcorp.com)

October 12, 2016

Korean Remake of 'Entourage' Set to Air Across Asia

Source: The Chosun Ilbo

2016101201100_0.jpg

A new TV series titled "Entourage" is scheduled to air starting Nov. 4 on cable channel tvN here and in other Asian countries including China and Japan simultaneously.

The drama, a remake of the hit U.S. HBO series of the same name, has drawn much attention with its star-studded cast including Cho Jin-woong, Seo Kang-jun and Lee Kwang-soo.

The drama tells the story of a rising star and his entourage navigating the world of entertainment. Seo plays the role of the superstar actor.

The drama will also be aired in China, Japan, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and the Philippines.

• 2 weeks later...

October 25, 2016

Korean remake of hit series 'Entourage' set to air

By Lee Haye-ah

SEOUL, Oct. 25 (Yonhap) -- A South Korean remake of the popular HBO series "Entourage" is set to air next week, putting the local entertainment industry on full display.

Like the original, which was set in Hollywood, tvN's "Entourage" will reveal what really goes on inside show business through the lives of A-list actor Cha Young-bin (Seo Kang-jun) and his group of friends. Cha's entourage is made up of his manager and friend Lee Ho-jin (Park Jung-min); the temperamental head of his management agency Kim Eun-gab (Cho Jin-woong); cousin and former idol star Cha Joon (Lee Kwang-soo); and longtime friend Geobuk (Lee Dong-hwi).

The cast of "Entourage" pose for a photo during a promotional press conference in southern Seoul on Oct. 25, 2016. (Yonhap)

The cast of "Entourage" pose for a photo during a promotional press conference in southern Seoul on Oct. 25, 2016. (Yonhap)

"I really enjoyed the original version, and although it does contain some sensational parts, I personally found the realistic portrayal of Hollywood and self-dissing really entertaining," Jang Young-woo, the director of the series, said during a promotional press conference held in southern Seoul Tuesday. "I think it was a lot of fun making it because the human sentiments portrayed in the original version are actually very Korean, too."

Jang said the remake heightens the element of "bromance" in the original version by adding "Korean" values such as justice and loyalty into the mix.

He also dismissed concerns about the R-rated material in the American series, saying the producers kept such elements at a minimum to suit the local culture.

Seo, who gained fame through the tvN series "Cheese in the Trap," said he could relate to his character because Cha is proactive and determined when it comes to pursuing his dreams as an actor.

The 23-year-old also said the drama's advance production, as opposed to the more common film-as-you-go method, allowed the cast and crew to grow comfortable with each other before filming began.

Cho echoed those remarks, saying he didn't want to part with his character.

"You can see I'm really excited right now," the actor said, apparently aware that his enthusiasm was unusual for actors at a press conference. "It's because I don't want to send my character away. When I arrived on the set, it was just so much fun being with these kids. I hope our audiences will feel it, too."

tvN's "Entourage" will be the first-ever remake of the HBO series which ran for eight seasons from 2004-2011.

The original version featured guest appearances by a host of celebrities, including Christina Aguilera, Peter Jackson and Matt Damon. In the remake, 67 celebrities were cast in cameo roles, including actors Ha Jung-woo and Song Ji-hyo.

If the series does well, Lee Kwang-soo and Lee Dong-hwi, who play the two funny characters of the group, said they will wear the costumes of a fish and a turtle, respectively, and give free hugs in the southern coastal city of Busan.

Lee Dong-hwi's name in the series, Geobuk, means turtle in Korean.

"Entourage" will premiere at 11 p.m. on Nov. 4, with new episodes airing every Friday and Saturday.

It will also be broadcast across Asia through various online and cable channels in China, Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, the Philippines, Cambodia, Myanmar and Australia.

hague@yna.co.kr

October 25, 2016

"Entourage Korea" Jo Jin-woong, Seo Kang-joon and others, 'bromance'

Source: The Fact via Hancinema.net

photo777025.jpg
Jo Jin-woong, Seo Kang-joon, Lee Gwang-soo, Park Jeong-min-I and Lee Dong-hwi have come together. Speculations of whether or not they would make a good team washed away after they displayed 'bromance' at the premiere of the drama.

The premiere was held on the 25th in Seoul. Director Jang Yeong-woo, writers Seo Jae-won and Kwon So-ra, and the cast Jo Jin-woong, Seo Kang-joon, Lee Gwang-soo and Park Jeong-min-I were there.

The premiere started with highlights from the drama and led to photo time. Unlike usual premieres where individual pictures are taken before group pictures, the team took only group pictures to show their 'bromance'. The cast were energetic and bright wearing 'hip hop' style necklaces with the words 'Entourage' on them.

Questions and answers were exchanged soon after. Jo Jin-woong started off with his self introduction.

photo777026.jpg

"Entourage Korea" reflects on the daily lives of actor Yeong-bin (Seo Kang-joon) who is a rising star and his friends, Ho-jin (Park Jeong-min-I), Joon (Lee Gwang-soo), Turtle (Lee Dong-hwi) and his management agency director Eun-gap (Jo Jin-woong). The drama has been pre-produced and it is mostly based in the entertainment showbiz.

Lee Gwang-soo said, "We are all different characters and I'm sure there are people who are like every single character. We had interviews with the producer and writer before making the drama and we used one of the happenings in the drama for real. We added conversations from dinner times into the drama".

photo777027.jpg

Park Jeong-min-I who is a manager said, "I was cranky at my manager so I would like to say sorry first. I will try not to do that anymore. I love my manager and I will treat him well".

Lee Dong-hwi said, "I wonder if there really is a star named Cha Yeong-bin and Cha Joon. I might have really acted like 'Turtle'. I have no recollection of having been a turtle ever so it was hard to be one".

Seo Kang-joon said, "I admired the way Yeong-bin was so subjective in what he wants to do. I admire Yeong-bin".

Jo Jin-woong said, "I realized a lot of things while acting as the director of a management agency. There was a time when I was denied a role in a movie and my director comforted me. That emotion melted into my role and now I realize why he said what he said".

Park Jeong-min-I claimed he went to work even though he didn't have work to do because he wanted to see everyone on set.

Producer Jang Yeong-woo said, "This is the first time I enjoyed filming something so much. It was agony when it was over. I hope everyone enjoys the drama".

• 2 weeks later...

November 3, 2016

Popular webtoon comes to life in web-based TV series

By Lee Haye-ah

SEONGNAM, South Korea, Nov. 3 (Yonhap) -- An aspiring cartoonist will tell the story of his ridiculous but warmhearted family in "The Sound of Your Heart," a new series based on the eponymous webtoon, the drama's producer and actors said Thursday.

The comedy revolves around Jo Seok (Lee Kwang-soo), a simple-minded and spontaneous cartoonist, as he depicts the everyday lives of his family and friends in drawings. In the family there are the elder brother and father who act about half their ages and the mother with total control of the household. Then there is Ae-bong (Jung So-min), Jo's female friend, who begins to have a growing presence in his life.

"As a fan of the original webtoon, I was curious to see how it would turn out as a drama and felt pressured at the same time," Lee said during a promotional press conference held at Naver headquarters in Seongnam, south of Seoul. Naver, South Korea's top Internet portal, co-produced the series with public broadcaster KBS and Kross Pictures.

Actor Lee Kwang-soo speaks during a news conference for "The Sound of Your Heart" at Naver headquarters in Seongnam, south of Seoul, on Nov. 3, 2016. (Yonhap)

Actor Lee Kwang-soo speaks during a news conference for "The Sound of Your Heart" at Naver headquarters in Seongnam, south of Seoul, on Nov. 3, 2016. (Yonhap)

"I got a lot of help during filming, and prepared myself mentally because our director said I'd have to expose (my body)," the 31-year-old said jokingly. "I thought I'd be exposing the upper part of my body, but it turned out it to be the lower half."

Lee is well-known in Asia as a cast member of the hit variety show "Running Man" and has been called "Prince of Asia" by his fans.

Director Ha Byoung-hun said he went into production thinking it would be easy because there are so many stories to choose from in the original work. "The Sound of Your Heart" is the longest-running webtoon in the country, with more than 1,000 episodes being published on Naver since its launch 10 years ago. Jo Seok, the cartoonist with the same name as his webtoon character, was also present at the press conference.

Actress Jung So-min speaks during a news conference for "The Sound of Your Heart" at Naver headquarters in Seongnam, south of Seoul, on Nov. 3, 2016. (Yonhap)

Actress Jung So-min speaks during a news conference for "The Sound of Your Heart" at Naver headquarters in Seongnam, south of Seoul, on Nov. 3, 2016. (Yonhap)

"When I started reading it properly from the start, I realized I'd made a mistake," Ha said. To make it easier, the director decided to focus on delivering feelings of empathy, which run through the series.

He also worked to bring out the webtoon's offbeat sense of humor and highlight the characters of Jo and his family.

"I started out aiming to tell the special story of an unusual character, with elements of family and laughter," Ha said. "I'm not sure I stuck with it till the end."

The series is scheduled to premiere on Naver TVcast at 6 a.m. Monday. A total of 10 episodes will be streamed online every Monday throughout the month of November. In December, the remaining 10 episodes will be broadcast on KBS 2TV and Naver at the same time.

Chinese portal site Sohu has also bought the broadcasting rights to the series.

The cast of "The Sound of Your Heart" laugh out loud during a promotional press conference in Seongnam, south of Seoul, on Nov. 3, 2016. (Yonhap)

The cast of "The Sound of Your Heart" laugh out loud during a promotional press conference in Seongnam, south of Seoul, on Nov. 3, 2016. (Yonhap)

hague@yna.co.kr

• 4 weeks later...

December 8, 2016

Actors pledge more fun in TV version of hit web series

By Lee Haye-ah

SEOUL, Dec. 8 (Yonhap) -- The TV version of the popular web series "The Sound of Your Heart" promises to be even funnier and better with guest appearances by Song Joong-ki of "Descendants of the Sun," the show's cast said Thursday.

"I dare say that the web drama was just a preview," Jung So-min, who plays the female protagonist Ae-bong, told reporters at a press conference in western Seoul. "The TV version will open up a new world, I dare say."

"The Sound of Your Heart" is an offbeat comedy about an aspiring cartoonist and his eccentric entourage of family and friends. Since its launch on the online portal Naver early last month, the series has collected more than 26 million views to become the country's most watched web series of all time. The show, which was jointly produced by Naver and public broadcaster KBS, is set to premiere on the channel at 11:10 p.m. Friday.

In this photo provided by KBS, the cast of "The Sound of Your Heart" pose for a photo ahead of a press conference in western Seoul on Dec. 8, 2016. (Yonhap)

In this photo provided by KBS, the cast of "The Sound of Your Heart" pose for a photo ahead of a press conference in western Seoul on Dec. 8, 2016. (Yonhap)

"From the writing stage, we had the TV version in mind, so the episodes that were unveiled (online) were more sensational, whereas for TV, we aimed to make it comfortable for families to watch and for all age groups," Ha Byoung-hun, the director, said. "My mother was the yardstick. I wanted to make it so that even my mother could understand it and laugh with it."

The TV version will be made up of 20 episodes, including the 10 that have already been released online. In the new episodes produced exclusively for TV, Song, whose role as the romantic Captain Yoo Si-jin in "Descendants" catapulted him to stardom early this year, will make cameo appearances as a successful cartoonist and friend of protagonist Jo Seok (Lee Kwang-soo).

"When I asked him for a cameo, Joong-ki immediately agreed to do it even before reading the script," said Lee, who is known to be close friends with Song.

He recalled filming with the heartthrob. "I had no idea there were so many female staff on our set. So many people came (to watch) during those scenes."

According to the producers, Song will appear in the first and last episodes as the quintessential handsome and warmhearted guy. Other additions to the TV version are an attempt at different genres, such as disaster and noir, and the start of a new relationship between Jo Seok and Ae-bong. The two childhood friends agreed to start dating in the final episode of the web series.

Asked if there are plans to produce a second season, Ha said it will depend on popular demand. Should viewership exceed 10 percent, however, the cast promised to sing in a national singing competition that airs on KBS every week.

"We've decided to start practicing next week with the hopes that (viewership) will go over (10 percent)," Lee said.

At a previous press conference, the cast agreed to hold a fan meeting if the web series receives more than 10 million clicks. That event was held last week.

"The Sound of Your Heart" is based on the eponymous webtoon by cartoonist Jo Seok, who named his character after himself. It is the longest-running webtoon in the country, with more than 1,000 episodes over 10 years.

On TV, the sitcom will air on five consecutive Fridays. Each broadcast will run for an hour and consist of four 15-minute episodes.

The 10 earlier episodes can also be watched on Chinese portal site Sohu.

These undated photos, provided by KBS, show Song Joong-ki (L) and Lee Kwang-soo during the filming of "The Sound of Your Heart." (Yonhap)

These undated photos, provided by KBS, show Song Joong-ki (L) and Lee Kwang-soo during the filming of "The Sound of Your Heart." (Yonhap)

hague@yna.co.kr

• 2 weeks later...

December 21, 2016

Lee Gwang Soo Has A Surprise For Hwarang's Watchers

0cuh4yg4pebwjkgseic3lljoq6a5ps3p.jpg

[by Ent Team] Lee Gwang Soo kicks off new series ‘Hwarang’. 

KBS2’s new drama ‘Hwarang’s first episode aired on December 19 and the major surprise was the appearance of Lee Gwang Soo. 

He opened the show with suspense and surprise, impersonating the vividness and freshness of such a play. His acting didn’t fade a bit and the actor held a glorious performance. 

Mak Moon, his character, is of low-class status despite being the son of Ahn Ji Gong (Choi Won Young). For some reason, he grew up alone in the Cheon-in village where he met Moo Myung (which literally means ‘without a name’ in Korean, and who is played by Park Seo Jun) and they start a nebulous friendship. In order to find his family and identity, he crosses with Moo Myung the ‘Wang Jin’ line of the village which is to never be crossed. 

A sense of adventure and of nervousness is what Lee and Park used to express the peculiarity of this ‘Young Historical Series’. An adventure to be followed every Mondays and Tuesdays on KBS2 at 10PM KST. (photo is a capture of KBS2 ‘Hwarang’)

December 24, 2016

(Newsmaker) Actor Lee Kwang-soo faces new challenge in career

By Lee Haye-ah and Youn Go-eun

SEOUL, Dec. 24 (Yonhap) -- South Korean actor Lee Kwang-soo has had a busy year. Not only has he been on the popular variety show "Running Man," which propelled him to stardom several years ago, the former model has demonstrated an ability to act in multiple genres from sitcom to historical.

In the last few months alone, he has played an aspiring cartoonist in the web series-turned-TV sitcom "Sound of Your Heart," a B-list actor in the tvN series "Entourage," and the protagonist's best friend in the period drama "Hwarang."

These photos show actor Lee Kwang-soo. (Yonhap)

These photos show actor Lee Kwang-soo. (Yonhap)

His pan-Asia popularity also continues as the star of SBS TV's "Running Man," which he joined in 2010. Thanks to the popularity of the show in China and much of Southeast Asia, he is called "Prince of Asia" by his fans and currently appears in six different commercials in China.

But the flurry of activity has posed a dilemma for the 31-year-old actor as well.

His image on "Running Man" as the funny guy who is unafraid to take on ridiculous challenges is so strong that producers have cast him in roles with a similar character in dramas.

On the one hand, this has helped him further raise his profile, but on the other, it has made it harder for him to break out of his typecast. We see him as the "guy next door," who is funny and has a good heart, but in his case, is also awkward with unconventional looks and a lanky frame (the guy is 190 cm tall).

"All three dramas were pre-filmed, so we didn't know when they would air. Somehow they all ended up airing around the same time, which kind of baffled us, too," said Lee Jin-sung, CEO of the actor's management agency KINGKONG Entertainment.

This image shows Lee Kwang-soo in a poster for tvN series "Entourage." (Yonhap)

This image shows Lee Kwang-soo in a poster for tvN series "Entourage." (Yonhap)

In another unexpected development, the cast and producers of "Running Man" agreed last week to end the show in February after a casting controversy triggered backlash from viewers. The decision was no small matter to the actor because as the CEO put it, the Lee Kwang-soo we know today was "made by" the hit program.

"We're sad to see this happen because 'Running Man' was so well loved," the CEO said. "But for (Lee's) acting career, we've been thinking about when would be a good time to leave the show."

He added: "Although it's true that Lee gets a lot of offers for comical roles, he's recently been getting some offers for other characters based on the acting abilities he has demonstrated over the years."

For now, the actor plans to finish the remaining episodes of "Running Man" and a hold a series of fan meets across Asia early next year.

This photo shows Lee Kwang-soo in the KBS sitcom "Sound of Your Heart." (Yonhap)

This photo shows Lee Kwang-soo in the KBS sitcom "Sound of Your Heart." (Yonhap)

hague@yna.co.kr

December 26, 2016

Lee Kwang-soo faces new challenges in 2017

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

25183457.jpg

Korean actor Lee Kwang-soo has had a busy year. Not only has he been on the popular variety show “Running Man,” which propelled him to stardom several years ago, the former model has demonstrated an ability to act in multiple genres from sitcom to historical.

In the last few months alone, he has played an aspiring cartoonist in the web series-turned-TV sitcom “Sound of Your Heart,” a B-list actor in the tvN series “Entourage,” and the protagonist’s best friend in the period drama “Hwarang.”

His pan-Asia popularity also continues as the star of SBS TV’s “Running Man,” which he joined in 2010. Thanks to the popularity of the show in China and much of Southeast Asia, he is called “Prince of Asia” by his fans and currently appears in six different commercials in China.

But the flurry of activity has posed a dilemma for the 31-year-old actor as well.

His image on “Running Man” as the funny guy who is unafraid to take on ridiculous challenges is so strong that producers have cast him in roles with a similar character in dramas.

On one hand, this has helped him further raise his profile, but on the other, it has made it harder for him to break out of his typecast. We see him as the “guy next door,” who is funny and has a good heart, but in his case, is also awkward with unconventional looks and a lanky frame.

“All three dramas were pre-filmed, so we didn’t know when they would air. Somehow they all ended up airing around the same time, which kind of baffled us, too,” said Lee Jin-sung, CEO of the actor’s management agency KINGKONG Entertainment.’

In another unexpected development, the cast and producers of “Running Man” agreed last week to end the show in February after a casting controversy triggered backlash from viewers. The decision was no small matter to the actor because as the CEO put it, the Lee Kwang-soo we know today was “made by” the hit program.

“We’re sad to see this happen because ‘Running Man’ was so well loved,” the CEO said. “But for (Lee’s) acting career, we’ve been thinking about when would be a good time to leave the show.”

He added: “Although it’s true that Lee gets a lot of offers for comical roles, he’s recently been getting some offers for other characters based on the acting abilities he has demonstrated over the years.”

For now, the actor plans to finish the remaining episodes of “Running Man” and a hold a series of fan meets across Asia early next year.

Yonhap

December 26, 2016

Lee Gwang-soo's 2016 was a good one

Source: Hancinema.net

photo800109.png

Starting the very first of this year on January 1st, 2016, actor Lee Gwang-soo have been busy with many shows up his sleeve. The first role he took was a college Ice hockey player. Changing it up from his normal image of a comic relief, he played a man who became a loan shark, trying to pay off his wife's debt who ran away.

photo800108.jpg

In "Dear My Friends", he played the thoughtful, kind hearted youngest son to the actress Kim Hye-ja.

photo800107.jpg

He made a great impact as a cameo too. To support his best buddy, actor Song Joong-ki, he made a surprise appearance on the "Descendants of the Sun". In the new drama "Hwarang", he took the role of Park Seo-joon's friend, providing from the comical moments to the tragic death.

photo800106.jpg

Taking more of the main role, he is busy with "The Sound of Your Heart" and "Entourage".

Having been flourishing in many, it is curious to see what will be his next move.

By. Lily Lee

December 30, 2016

Lee Gwang Soo and Kim Jong Kook On Set Together For KBS2 Sitcom

evd3xadmd7p1ybznqk0ero42y1ad4279.jpg

[by Ent Team] Lee Gwang Soo and Kim Joong Kook had a special bromance moment. 

On December 30, King Kong Entertainment shared a photo of Kim Jong Kook on the set of KBS2 sitcom ‘The Sound of Your Heart’s special episode. 

On one of the pictures, Lee Gwang Soo can be seen smiling towards the camera during a break well spent going through the script with Kim Jong Kook. On another photo, Kim is seen taking a selfie with a unique background: Lee Gwang Soo sitting on his personal chair. 

According to the staff, Lee Gwang Soo’s genuine acting and body-language leave no one unsatisfied. As the two celebrities are playing the same character, they had to indulge into a double-acting performance that was especially refreshing. They received the compliments of the staff for their professionalism as the filming lasted from morning to night. 

Meanwhile, KBS2’s sitcom ‘The Sound of Your Heart’ airs every Friday at 11:10PM. (photo by King Kong Entertainment, ‘The Sound of Your Heart’)

• 2 months later...

March 22, 2017

Lee Gwang-soo in round glasses, youthful

Source: Tenasia via Hancinema.net

photo831738.jpg

Actor Lee Gwang-soo looks youthful.

Stills of Lee Gwang-soo making an ad for Dunkin' Donuts were released on the 23rd. This ad parodies the movie "The King".

Lee Gwang-soo is wearing a sweat suit and looking at the camera. He's wearing round glasses with a book in his hand. He looks like he's smiling shyly, but when the cameras start rolling, he gets down to business.

In other pictures, he looks like a model and he is displaying some action moves. Before he does anything, he is always alert about the situation on site and listens hard to the director.

Meanwhile, Lee Gwang-soo has yet to come up with anything new.

• 2 months later...

June 18, 2017

Lee Kwang Soo In Talks To Star In New Drama As Male Lead Opposite Jung Yoo Mi

Source: Soompi by U. Kim

lee-kwang-soo-jung-yoo-mi.jpg

Lee Kwang Soo may be starring in screenwriter Noh Hee Kyung’s new drama “Live” (tentative title) as the male lead!

On June 19, Lee Kwang Soo’s agency King Kong by Starship stated, “Lee Kwang Soo was offered the role of a young police officer in Noh Hee Kyung’s new drama ‘Live’ and is positively looking over the offer.” Jung Yoo Mi is also considering a role in the drama as the main lead.

“Live” will follow a police patrol division in their portrayal of grassroots democracy and will be an anthem of the glorious justice of democracy. It will be a drama about finding our true selves despite having already grown up into adults.

Noh Hee Kyung will work with producer Kim Gyu Tae, whom he previously worked with for “Worlds Within,” “Padam Padam,” “It’s Okay, That’s Love,” and “That Winter, the Wind Blows.”

“Live” will go into filming during the second half of this year and is aiming to begin airing early next year.

Source (1)

June 18, 2017

Noh Hee-kyeong, Lee Gwang-soo and Jung Yu-mi's "Live"

Source: Nate via HanCinema.net

photo859069.jpg

Lee Gwang-soo and Jung Yu-mi are coming back with writer Noh Hee-kyeong's "Live".

Fans are already excited by the name Noh Hee-kyeong and even more so with the news of Lee Gwang-soo and Jung Yu-mi. Lee Gwang-soo worked with Noh Hee-kyeong last in the 2014 drama "It's Okay, That's Love". He then made a special appearance in the tvN drama "Dear My Friends" by Noh Hee-kyeong and showed his loyalty to her.

Jung Yu-mi was more in movies ever since the KBS 2TV drama "Discovery of Romance". She starred in the movie "Train to Busan" and also in director Na Young-seok's "Yoon's Restaurant".

Noh Hee-kyeong wrote dramas such as "Mother's Flowers", "Lies", "Did We Really Love", "Fool's Love", "Those Were The Days", "More Beautiful Than a Flower", "Goodbye Solo", "Worlds Within", "Padam Padam... The Sound of His and Her Heartbeats", "That Winter, the Wind Blows", "It's Okay, That's Love", "Dear My Friends" and more.

Meanwhile, "Live" is based in a patrol division looking for justice and finding ego.

Archived