[OFFICIAL] WooJung Couple Thread ♥

Guest firefly.dreams

Guest soulrunner

I didn't like how Jangwoo ordered Eunjung around and made her dance at the theatre. Eun Jung clearly didn't like it and I think the marriage got off to a bad start as a result. This is also why I think the girl is reluctant to accept informal speech and skinship with the guy. This is my honest opinion. Hopefully he will start to treat her better.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest PHSsoultree

2011.04.16 Preview text :

장우♡은정 :  첫 만남 그날 밤

족발 집에서 첫 식사를 마친 후 장우는 은정을 차에 태워 어딘가로 데려가는데...

한강이 한 눈에 보이고 여유로움의 끝(!)을 보여준다는 그 곳은 어디일지?

그 곳에서 장우가 직접 만든(?) 커피를 마시게 된 은정의 반응은?

그리고 ‘소원 들어주기’를 걸고 불꽃 튀는 한 판 승부가 펼쳐지는데~

팽팽한 접전(?) 끝에 내기에서 이긴 은정의 소원은.. 바로 “노래 불러주기!”

과연 장우는 결혼 첫날밤, 부인인 은정에게 어떤 노래를 들려줄지?

공통점 많은 두 사람의 결혼 첫 날밤 이야기, 大공개!

(I'm not gonna lie, I'm paraphrasing most of this so it makes some iota of sense in english. As always excuse me for the fail, of which there is A LOT.)

JangWoo EunJung: The night of thier first meeting

After their first meal, Jal Bok [T/N: Pigs feet], JangWoo suggested they take a ride somewhere in his car... back to his house.

Arrived at the end of the Han River and soon relaxed(!) A house made of wood?

What is EunJungs reaction to JangWoo's place and his homemade coffee?

A fight unfolded at the mention of 'granting a wish'

In the end EunJung won the wish and asked... "let me hear a song!"

The first night of marriage and the wife really wants to hear her husband sing?

The first night of the marriage of similar people, 大공개! (I have no idea what '大' is, it's not korean and I have no concept of (?) chinese so let's just assume it says: ) Please anticiapte!

I think their skinship will  happen faster than the Goguma couple but will not be as much as the  Adams. Just give one or two months and i think will come naturally. The  first barrer its is to drop the formal talk, after that things will get  moving. At least we hope so hehe ^^

Sorry to cut your post.

First off on a personal note: I miss Adam's crazy skinship. WGM needs more of that kind of skinship. Not the khuntoria-cant-keep-thier-hands-to-themselves-skinship, but the Adam-who-are-perfectly-adorable-and-in-love-but-are-awkward-about-that-fact-skinship.

I already have visions of  WooJung couple being a mix between adam and goguma. Their age group puts them in a more comfortable setting already than goguma was, they aren't so innocent minded and maknae-like. Also JangWoo is said to be a friendly outgoing talkative person, so I see EunJung getting along with him easy, I don't think they'd have alot of awkward silences betweeen them, and with the talk and conversation comes a sense of closeness and ease with each-other. And with closeness comes skinship!! wooooo.

It might take a while to get there because like EunJung said. It takes time, as a woman, to warm up to new stranger man in your life. (as i think is true for most women). But hopefully when it does happen it'll be sweet and lovely. romantic etc etc...

@soulrunner - the whole making her 'dance' thing is actually a tecnique used in drama clubs/schools/programms to make the students feel more comfortable. Yes it is embarrasing to do, and watch, but ultimatle it makes you LOL. I wouldn't say JanWoo 'ordered' her to do it, but as the sunbae he has an upper hand on her already and can 'haze' her into doing these things. Korea is big on the grand scale of age/experience.

And like I said about not wanting to have skinship is a thing for all girls. Skinship takes time. I mean honestly, if a stranger came up to you and held your hand, you'd be freaked by it. because EJ/JW are practically strangers. One date doesn't make you ready to hug/kiss etc. (unless you're easy like that xD). And informal speach comes with comfortableness. I mean after a year YongSeo didn't speak informally, KhunToria still use honorifics.

All thing's take time.

WOW, slow thread today. o.0

Guys, girls... I can't watch the live stream today (tomorrow depending on your timezone) =( .... I'm so bummed I have to work. GDI. By the time I get home I best see screen caps, transcaps, recaps, RAW DL's you name it, it better be here. Or else! I joke... ... heh.

16 Hours 30 Minutes to go JangWoo-ers, CC-ers' ? ... we need a fan group name

Edit: When I read my posts back they make no sense half the time. God knows how the seem to everybody else.

Also~

Sorry for the MASSIVE ESSAY post.

Guest KQI88

I didn't like how Jangwoo ordered Eunjung around and made her dance at the theatre. Eun Jung clearly didn't like it and I think the marriage got off to a bad start as a result. This is also why I think the girl is reluctant to accept informal speech and skinship with the guy. This is my honest opinion. Hopefully he will start to treat her better.

I dont think the marriage started bad. He was showing that he is the oppa/sumbae, showing his charisma. The female MC said that they liked him because he show the leader/manly said, guideing EJ trought the day and of course teasing the girl hahaha is the same old story, girls like the bad boy style hahahaha But he realize after and said sorry to her for being to harsh. Like K.Will said "he finally got back to his senses" LOL

But i undertand you, i also didnt like seeing him bossing her around but she got back on him haha she attack,  just as her manager told her "control him", so she use that to ask him to use formal talk. Its is the push and pull that every couple does, i really looking foward for the first couple quarrel hahahaha i can see him being the first to say sorry and maybe even doing a event for her. It will be fun to watch this couple developing ^^

Guest CherryBlossom111

2011.04.16 Preview text :

(I'm not gonna life, I'm paraphrasing most of this so it makes some iota of sense in english. As always excuse me for the fail, of which there is A LOT.)

JangWoo EunJung: The night of thier first meeting

After their first meal, Jal Bok [T/N: Pigs feet], JangWoo suggested they take a ride somewhere in his car... back to his house. Arrived at the end of the Han River and soon relaxed(!) A house made of wood?

What is EunJungs reaction to JangWoo's place and his homemade coffee?

A fight unfolded at the mention of 'granting a wish'

In the end EunJung won the wish and asked... "let me hear a song!"

The first night of marriage and the wife really wants to hear her husband sing?

The first night of the marriage of similar people, 大공개! (I have no idea what '大' is, it's not korean and I have no concept of (?) chinese so let's just assume it says: ) Please anticiapte!

Last time I wasn't able to watch the livestream but tomorrow/today I will definitely watch it :D

I really can no longer wait! The next episode sounds so promising! Now it's EunJung's time to strike back :D I also want to hear him sing! :wub:

I don't really understand Korean but I know a bit Japanese and 大 means big or large. I don't really know if it applies to Chinese or Korean as well but most of the time Japanese and Chinese characters mean the same ...

I also didn't like that he was ordering her around. BUT, I do think it sets up a competitive relationship where they'll fight to see who has the upper hand. It was slightly hinted at that when she put him in his place for not using formal language.

I hope they're not going to be a sweet couple or be all about skinship. What I had really enjoyed about WGM season 1 was that none of that was the focus because everything was focused on the couple and their progression. JoongBo had my absolute adoration because of their competitive nature but through it, you can clearly see they care for one another.

I hope this couple have something similar, but of their own. I don't think the focus should be on what the viewers want but what they want.

Guest PHSsoultree

I don't really understand Korean but I know a bit Japanese and 大 means big or large. I don't really know if it applies to Chinese or Korean as well but most of the time Japanese and Chinese characters mean the same ...

Sorry to cut your post

See now to me "large public / big public" (大공개!)  just seems so awkward and random in the sentence that it comes from. It makes no sense. Korean derives from chinese so I just assumed it was chinese, as it's still part of the korean language. -.-"

Why do people (WGM staff, I mean you!) have to confuse a poor translators brain by throwing in foreign words?

@redyellow - #1 : lol fail HTML xD

#2 - Jangwoo converts back to formal every now and then, but in the begining when he found out he was older than her (and her SunBae to boot) he automatically dropped the formalities, as is the standard in Korea.

EunJung actually told him to stop talking in banmal. I think he did after that (I can't remember all to good)

Just FYI. '-Yo' isn't the only way to make what you're saying formal.

Edit:

@mindori - Sorry, I would normally translate but I'm abit busy ATM also... that first article is MASSIVE and kills my will to live at first sight. Though a lot of it could be ommited because it's about her upcomming drama.

I can tell you however that EJ's first impression of LJW is that he looks like a deer. Long limbs and big friendly eyes. (lol that's as far as I got before I gave up)

@ MqN - Sorry to cut your post:

I hope they're not going to be a sweet couple or be all about skinship.  What I had really enjoyed about WGM season 1 was that none of that was  the focus because everything was focused on the couple and their  progression.

I'm sorry, we must have been watching different season 1's lol. Did you not watch SolBi/Andy (AnBi) ?

It was all about them pratically slobbering all over each other the skinship. I miss JongBo too. They were the only original couple WGM ever had.

Guest diefan

AnnYeong Hasaeyo?! its Saturday in Korea... you know what that means... 

oh what's up with that 'Bloody Battle'?! ahhh I don't know ...lol, but I know round 2 i'm looking forward... kekeke

T-ara EunJung knows how to play around reporters ahaha.. "After seeing the disappointed looks on the reporters, Eunjung retorted with a playful cry, “How can I just go about initiating skinship as if it’s nothing!”   soo coool! skinship do take time... take your time and no pressure. only fools rush-in.

Love her new pics... Eunjung looks stunning.  

@ aegyo.. hope you still be doing the subbing for our WooJung couple... I read the comment in YT. those idiots...really stk stk. Anyways, thank you soo much for your kindness and good deeds you all doing, you and tiaracraze, and the people here in this forum  feeding us lots of information and translating them,you guys are awesome... thumbs up!  helping helpless people like me...lol! hehehe. XD.

I'll be here to watch it live.

@PHSsoultree

LMAO at my fail HTML.. :sweatingbullets:

thanks to my slow internet connection, I can't edit it fast :mellow:

I'm rewatching aegyo's vid part 3...

and JangWoo husband rarely use 'yo', when Enjung always use it...

thx btw for the information about banmal :D

Guest solbay2

Reading that interview makes me feel as if showing skinship is some kind of a competition. (is that how WGM operates? I'm new to the show so sorry if I sound ignorant) IMO it's better to let things progress naturally and let us viewers enjoy the ride, because when they begin to feel really comfortable I think we would all the more enjoy watching. kekeke

I can't believe I'm awake at 2:30 am waiting for livestream... sweatingbullets.gif Oh Eunjung, the things you make me do...

Hi all :)

I just wanted to share with you guys these 2 videos about Lee Jang Woo I found today.

xjEJV.jpg

- Lee Jang Woo CF(kiss scene) O.O He has been surprised by a sudden kiss. Omo Omo! :blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIaPkvrGz60

- He sure is so cute. It seems he loves animals a lot :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MQZ71FGHG0

Uploaded by: icandish

I'm watching CC couple live today!

See you

xo

Guest cxxstar

I personally want to see their skinship develop slowly, it's a lot more real and natural to me that way, and it's more fun to watch, as you get excited over the first time they link arms, or hold hands, the first time he piggybacks her, etc. That's why I loved YongSeo so much, because it was a slow development on the skinship, but they grew really close to one another quickly and you could tell how much they cared about one another.

I don't really like it when couple jump right into skinship like Khuntoria do, it doesn't seem natural, especially when they don't know another too well, and it just seems as fake as the show really is. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Khuntoria, they're a cute couple, I just think they progressed way too fast, and therefore are a bit boring now because there really isn't anything to look forward to, so the PD keeps sending them on trips and things to keep things exciting for them. They didn't have to do that with Yongseo because there was so much excitement over their slow developing relationship.

Anyways, back to Woojung, I hope they're more like YongSeo, and develop slowly but become really really close to another and feel comfortable around one another quickly.

@ MqN - Sorry to cut your post:

I'm sorry, we must have been watching different season 1's lol. Did you not watch SolBi/Andy (AnBi) ?

It was all about them pratically slobbering all over each other the skinship. I miss JongBo too. They were the only original couple WGM ever had.

LOL, they were the ONLY couple I didn't watch during season 1. Just not my cup of tea. I did watch the AlShin, the Ant Couple and JoongBo. All three were extremely charming and I didn't find much skinship i any of those three. Even with the Alshin couple, all though super romantic, they were still slowly developed.

Personally, I just find it super awkward to be touching people I'm not friends with.... and considering i'm much less reserved than the females in Korea, I would think for them to be touching each other freely on the first day is super bold or very attention seeking. I mean, what if one of them has sweaty hands or what if the other person doesn't want to be touched?! awkward turtle moments!!

Guest PHSsoultree

This is a big rant about WGM skinship. not really about WooJung, but a lot of you are discussing it so I'm just putting my 2 pence in.

@solbay2 - It's 2:30am now for you? ... seriosuly go to sleep. You've got another 12+ hours to go yet before WGM airs. >_<

Skinship isn't a race, and never should be IMO. But WGM couples have all sorts of pressure on them when it comes to skinship.

Early skinship = it must be fake.

Late skinship = You waited 8+ months for handholding ㅠㅠ  //dead. Fandom crushes your heart.

Semi-Mini rant; don't read if you don't want to :

KhunToria for example have got a reputation for fake skinship, because from about the 3rd episode they were holding hands, touching eachother, practically having screen sex etc... and the korean netizens kicked up a fuss, as did the jealous goguma stans, for them trying to act too much like a real couple.

Where as YongSeo fans got trolled for 1year+ and only got to see awkward hugs, handholding and eyesex. But all the cuteness and true feelings (towards the end) kind-of made up for lack of skinship IMO.

I think new WGM couples always feel the pressure and expectations piled onto them by the fans. especially the idols. "to ruin thier image, or not to ruin? That is the question."

I also think a lot of new couples struggle to find out where they fit in aswell, do they become the cute couple? the funny couple? the ordinary couple? the romantic couple? etc...

In that respect I think WGM season 1 was easier for couples because they had pre-assigned 'images' from the WGM staff, they could just get on with it and not worry about anything.

Though the WGM couples have become more compatible in the later seasons, they still struggled to not always conform to what their fans wanted them to be. And the WGM fandom has grown, not only in Korea but the international fans also have high expectation and also find ways to comunicate that to Korean media. (recent example Soompi YongSeo fans made Korean news headlines [How crazy is that!])

I will admit maybe I over analyse these things but I've watched WGM since Season1 Ep1.

@redyellow - I feel your pain about slow internet. Preach!

@MqN - Aww =[ AlBi were my OTP form season 1, behind Ant Couple of course. AlShin couple in my eyes were always awkward, something about them just never connected, ShinAe had too many barriers against men, though Alex did press on, he just never got close to her heart =/

I don't think skinship has anything to do with culture/race IMO. You yourself individually are either a very open,touchy feelie type of person or a shy-away-from-human-touch type. I agree with you, I too find it 'super awkward' to be touched by people I don't know/not friends with.

NGL, I even find it awkward to be hugged by my parents, at the best of times. (LOL, I dunno why)

Ot but I haven't heard the phrase 'Awkward turtle' in ages *high5*

Okay - picture time to make this post slightly relevant in this thread:

tumblr_ljpm5e83pR1qi5g11o1_500.png

EDIT: JFC, why do my posts always seem so LOOOOOONG~ :wacko: If any of you actually read them, LOL, God bless your souls.

Guest pseudonykkaii

First of all--- groupname. Since theyre the campus couple.. Why dont we temporarily call ourselves schoolmates/classmates[omg thats soooo tacky.majormajor fail.] but anyway, it shall come with time, who knows~ we may have that eureka moment this next episode!!xD

----------------------------warning. This paragraph contains a lot of negativity.-------------------------

Secondly, ah~ skinship. I feel that some people use this as a measure of how close the couple is or how affectionate they are with each other, but alas, too fast a skinship to me, is like inking theyre foreheads with the words fanservice. But some people suck it up because its nice eyecandy and theyre cute. I shall admit that i had my fair share of giggles from the past couples-- including hwayobi and hwanhee(a couple which makes me looks back ang go,"damn. That was tooo fake.") but i got sucked!!!STILL! When i learnt she was dating someone after/during the program(which, i could no longer remember) i didnt really feel an emotional connection or anything that suggested they could be real, so i was yeah whatever. Whereas, IF i learnt the same for Yongseo now, id probably be gobsmacked! Worse than my Alshin reaction(it was along the lines of 'woah. Didn't see that one comming!' and 'heee. Variety eh?')

--------------negativity paragraph has ended.------------------

Well anyway, sorry i got a bit offtopic, i shoulda put it on spoiler~ but i did kinda warn you. Heeehee.

Im hoping all the best for woojung. Its true that they remind me of joongbo and they also feel like that nice middle between adam and yongseo-- theyre going at a nice pace, feeling(not that kind!xD) theyre role in the marriage and still at a getting to know stage. We gotta remember that this episode is still theyre first day of meeting. Theyve only met for ?several hours. With that being said, theyre already going to his home!!! Id say they progressimg mighty fine!!xD

Hahaha, my rant...

Skinship does not = affection, nor does "fast" skinship = fake. Being a pretty devoted fan of WGM since it's inception, I don't think it's one factor that belays whether a couple is intimate/close/affectionate...but many factors. There are some couples who have great skinship, but the sincerity and devotion to their partner doesn't come through in the eyes, expressions, etc. Then there are some who are very affectionate because they are truly intimate with one another.

Culture, IMO, is a factor in skinship initiation. It is true that Italians, Americans, etc. are big hug-ers, regardless of your sex. But Asians tend to be a little more off-handish until a certain trust/familiarity is established, and even more so if it's the opposite sex. I also think personality plays a huge part. Some are "colder" and don't warm up to people as easily. Some are big teddy-bears, and become fast friends with anyone. There are also varying degrees of skinship. Timing of skinship may be different, but a lot of the body language means the same. I.E. When a man puts his hand on a girl's lower back = possessive/protective gesture = "to all the guys out there, this is my woman."

In conclusion: When you look at a couple on WGM, it's not skinship that determines whether a couple is sincere in their feelings or not, it's all the factors combined. Trust me, there were plenty of "fake" couples on WGM, by which I mean there were just no feelings involved and/or no sincerity, or rather very little of it. And then there were others that you could feel were trying really hard to not fall in love with each other. Perception = reality, and people perceive things differently.

/End Rant

Moving on...I personally think Jangwoo's hazing may have made Eunjung more cautious, but at the same time it made her more intrigued by him. We girls are like that aren't we? ^_^ Woojung have great chemistry, and the competitive energy will only get their juices flowing even more. As for the skinship, it doesn't matter to me when they do it...as long as it comes at their own pace, and is sincere, it'll be wonderful.

P.S. marykarmelina, that Jangwoo CF kiss was hot! Oh this guy has spunk - very manly. :wub:

I'd like to suggest a group name "WooJung Scholars" or "scholars" for short. Hehehehe. I thought of the word scholars because I think the time will come when we will analyze every little details in each episodes.

Can't wait for the next episodes. Advance thanks to all translators and subbers.

Guest cxxstar

Does anyone have a livestream link for the episode tonight? I remember the ustream link I watched last time, the broadcaster said they wouldn't be showing WGM anymore. Sad. :(

Can anyone help me out pretty pretty please? :D

Archived