Nicky Lee 李玖哲

Guest 8030

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing indeed. When I first saw it, I was like... WOW :o   Look just like the original photo. There was another done by a Japanese fan but I like this one best.

1-2.jpg

tumblr_lj3920EC601qdfrkco1_500.gif

tumblr_lj38urfvqP1qdfrkco1_500.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you enjoyed Nicky's music too, Shannon88.

-- --

Sharing with all Nicky's fans, this recent interview with 95magazine.

Nicky Lee - Sing His Way Trough

Korean born American, Nicky Lee, a phenomenal singer who started his singing career with ups and downs but then went on to win the Golden Melody Awards for best male vocalist in 2007 in a language he was a stranger to. His love for singing kept him moving forward and is a true inspiration for our 95 readers. Recently 95 had a chat with Nicky during his release of the new single, “GO” by Aziatix.

95: So how did all this happen? It certainly didn’t just happen overnight.

NIcky: I’ve loved music ever since I was a kid. Growing up admiring RnB artists such as Boys II Men, and Stevie Wonder made me want to do RnB music. At that time, you know, being an Asian artist in the States aint easy. I was then discovered in church when I was 17, joined a group called Voice in Korea, but we disbanded due to different goals in life. After going back to the States, I started working with Jae Chong, who at that time was already producing music for some great singers. He gave me the opportunity to start my music, and we have been working ever since.

95: You came to a new country, without knowing any Mandarin, got turned down by many companies, but you still managed to make a career out of it. How did you get so far?

Nicky: After bouncing around I came to Taiwan with Jeff, who was doing Machi at that time. He gave me my first break through, letting me do shows and performances with them. But it wasn’t easy. I was rejected by basically every record company based on my appearance, saying I don’t have the image for the market. But I’m a singer, not a model! What does looks have to do with music? Then Jeff invested in me, when no one else would, and pushed me to my limits, such as dieting.

95: Winning the Golden Melody Awards, as a non Mandarin speaker is extraordinary. How did you make that possible?!

Nicky: I was watching the awards on TV and Jeff told me its the Grammy Awards for Mandarin Music, I decided that I want to win it one day. Jeff was thinking I’m mad cause I can’t even speak Mandarin. But by the grace of God, I did it! Thanks to all the people who helped me along the way cause this isn’t something I could do on my own. I thank God everyday.

95: Was learning Mandarin hard for you? And adapting to a new environment, did you struggle? Can you give us some tips on learning a new language?

Nicky: Yes it was definitely hard. I was away from family and friends, and having to learn a new language. But because of my passion for music, I had no choice. Whenever it became tough, I think about what’s driving me, the love of music just kept me going. I wrote my vocab in a little notebook, took lessons everyday. The environment forced me to communicate in Mandarin which helped me a lot. Watching TV also helped me a lot.

95: Taiwan has so much food! Dieting must be tough! What did you do? Any tips?

Nicky: Street food is great! Like I couldn’t eat stinky tofu at first, but then I got hooked on it! I’ve lost about 20 something kgs. Losing weight was one of my requirements to do music. I love eating, but I had to do it for my career. Eat healthy, exercise, and don’t drink too much alcohol! Control is the key. No fried, oily foods, and carbs! Eating healthy is the most important thing.

95: You seem to be in a very happy relationship. How’s that coming along?

Nicky: Yeah I’m together with a wonderful lady. I see young kids take relationships for granted. I want to be an encouragement to everyone that you can just love one person. It’s very sad to see people getting hurt in relationships. Don’t be afraid to love again after being burnt in the previous one. This new “Xiao-San” thing going on, everyone is making a thing out of it. That’s so wrong. Its horrible man! I wanna encourage everybody, “Xiao-san” is not right! It’s a BAD habit! It’s not cool!

95: Where do you hang out? Nightlife?

Nicky: I don’t really have nightlife. We’ll most probably hang out at a friends place, have some wine and chat.

95: Any words of encouragement you wanna share with our readers?

Nicky: I wanna encourage the young kids, if you have a dream just follow it! Doesn’t matter what your background is or where you come from. If you have a dream, and you trust in that dream, no matter what anybody tells you, you keep on with that dream. This road was never handed to me. I had to work hard to get where I am now. Go after your dream no matter what. The hardest time in my life, I just prayed to God.

Thanks Nicky for your time and encouragement to our readers! Good luck with your new single with Aziatix!

single_image_thumbnail_2520700_1303203400.jpg

single_image_thumbnail_2520701_1303203400.jpg

single_image_thumbnail_2520699_1303203400.jpg

Guest Kaye_A

Glad to see you, 8030. It has been a while since your last post. Thought you.... glad you are back.

Have always enjoyed Nicky's music. Love his vocal. Looking forward to more of his album.

WOW.... someone "new". Never expect to see you here for sure, Shannon.

Hi, Kaye_A.  Was held up lately that's why never managed to post.  Glad you're hanging around still.  Do drop by often, okay?

Guest Shannon88

WOW.... someone "new". Never expect to see you here for sure, Shannon.

Haha.. I'm always around. A silent reader most of the time. Nicky's great anyway. Have been playing his mandarin songs like 24/7 lately ;)

Me too, Shannon88.  Whenever my pc is on, Nicky's songs will start playing :wub:

Since nothing new to share for now...... recap pic of Nicky in 2009 drama, Love.18 (Nicky is only a guest star)

Snapshot4.jpg

Snapshot5.jpg

Snapshot2.jpg

Snapshot6.jpg

Snapshot1.jpg

Snapshot7.jpg

Snapshot3.jpg

& this is 2009 Movie, Mulan, press conference pic

Mulan_Press1.jpg

Mulan_Press2.jpg

Mulan_Press3.jpg

Mulan_Press4.jpg

Envy the New Yorkers' so much, get to see Aziatix debut performance

Yeah.... wonder where will they be performing after New York.  Was hoping they'll come to Asia.

Aziatix_DebutPerformance_NewYork_2011_04_30.jpg

Was hoping they'll come to Singapore! ...but unlikely I guess :(

Fingers' cross!

Korea, China & Taiwan, maybe?  Others seems unlikely. I was hoping they'll come to Australia  :lol:

yeah... i thought those are the likely countries too.

-- --

Each member (Aziatix) will launch their English single album this spring; Flowsik (in April), Eddie Shin (in May) & Nicky Lee (in June).

These are BTS pics of the MV, "Go"

Aziatix201116.jpg

Aziatix201117.jpg

Aziatix201119.jpg

Aziatix201118.jpg

Guest Kaye_A

Each member (Aziatix) will launch their English single album this spring; Flowsik (in April), Eddie Shin (in May) & Nicky Lee (in June).

That's more than a month to wait......

JaeChong_IAMMEDIC_Aziatix_2011.jpg

Jae Chong, IMMEDIC & Aziatix

Aziatix_2011.jpg

Aziatix

April2011.jpg

Nicky Lee

Archived