[Drama 2011] Miss Ripley 미스 리플리

Guest JPhylls

Guest JaneElliot

I've only watched the first episode so far, but dayum it was good! Much better than I expected. Two things I especially loved were:

1. Lee Da Hae's colored wigs

1b.jpg1e.jpg

2. Lee Da Hae's angry eyes :)

1zh.jpg1za.jpg1zf.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest imogene_af

Guh! just finished the second episode... now, I totally understand Myung Hoon, shouldn't have spoken too soon! I actually feel for him and his wife, I feel there is still some love there. =/

Anyway... given the dynamic = Yutaka, Miri, Myunghoon= This will be one awesome triangle.

and I know it is wrong, I know it is despicable... but somehow the drama has had me, as girlfriday said it... rooting for Miri to lie, cheat, and steal. When she almost got caught, I felt like my heart was about to get out of my ribcage.

I also like the dynamic between Yutaka and Miri being that she is the damaged one, and he is the "pure,untainted, innocent" one. Usually in Kdramas we have that role for the female but here the switch happened.

Guest ngthuhien149

Guh! just finished the second episode... now, I totally understand Myung Hoon, shouldn't have spoken too soon! I actually feel for him and his wife, I feel there is still some love there. =/

Anyway... given the dynamic = Yutaka, Miri, Myunghoon= This will be one awesome triangle.

and I know it is wrong, I know it is despicable... but somehow the drama has had me, as girlfriday said it... rooting for Miri to lie, cheat, and steal. When she almost got caught, I felt like my heart was about to get out of my ribcage.

I also like the dynamic between Yutaka and Miri being that she is the damaged one, and he is the "pure,untainted, innocent" one. Usually in Kdramas we have that role for the female but here the switch happened.

I am actually waiting for your long preview ;~; Just kidding :P

So far I have not seen so much chemistry btw Miri and Yuhyun yet (they do not interact much anw) but I did see a lot between Myunghoon and Miri n I think we will have at least 2 more episodes about those 2 (maybe more but Prain's representative tweeted that from ep 5, there we go, Yuhyun's world with some dramatic twists). Until now, I think for me Yuhyun is completely in the dark, I do not know any thing about him yet when I know pretty much about Miri and Myunghoon. I am curious about Yuhyun the most now. About Hyejoo, that girl is truly from typical rom-com, so clumsy and funny, which is quite refreshing. We need a break sometimes for the side story.

So we have a lot of character development for Miri and Myunghoon, I am curious about the other 2 and hope 2 see more of the interaction between the main leads. I already feel the tension built up in the preview. >< why do I have to torture myself for melodrama like this? Totally not my cup of tea >< but I am rooting for this, the drama is good so far.

Guest imogene_af

^

haha, I was actually trying to write something last night, but I had to make sure with the subs. Last night's episode was really dialogue-driven so the subs were very important.

I actually see the chemistry between both Yutaka-Miri/Myung Hoon-Miri... MH and Miri is much more prominent and sort of in a silent-waters-run-deep kind of way, while Yutaka-Miri is still at a brewing tension stage. She has not seen him yet. Miri has a way to break into Myung Hoon, but I think Yutaka will be able to break into Miri, hence the time when he saw her smile.

I think Yutaka's character needs to be explored too. So far he is established as an almost saintly, perfect character... but we know there is something more there. When he is alone and contemplating, you know there is a quiet storm brewing in. You really see him pace himself. And when his father brought up how his mom passed and good thing his stepmom stepped in to be that woman who sort of stood by the business, there was a lingering sadness there. There are also implications that he was not as on point on being his father's heir to that business throne, the father mentioned he has really grown up to want to do this with him. I really hope they explore his character. I do think he's naive but not entirely that saintly.

Hee Joo is almost a caricature kdrama female lead. I kind of laugh how they turned the usual bword as the protagonist, because if this was a romcom we all know Hee Joo is the female lead. i.e. her chance encounters with Yutaka, Miri using her, etc, etc. KHJ is very charming, and I think she is playing her character in a bit of a tongue-and-cheek manner.

this feels very All About Eve just told through the villain's perspective.

I really didn't want to watch a melo but I knew I'd watch this one in support of my LSJ from SKKS (Yoochun).... And after reading some of your comments and recaps above (and seeing LDH's deadly eyes) this appears to be a drama to "watch"

The problem now is of plenty.... Sometimes there don't seem to be any good dramas and at other times its like this - too many...So right now I'll have to toggle between 4 at the very least...

NTOG which I was already watching; then Lie to Me for YEH & KJH; and then City Hunter for sweet Min Young & LMH; & last but not the least Ripley for Mickey....

[TRANS] 110530 Five Key Reasons Why “Miss Ripley” Should Not Be Missed

ripley_05.jpg

(Repeated Information Omitted)

From the use of “social issues” as its concept to the drama planning stage, as well as strong cast members and press conference, there has been a lot of buzz about “Miss Ripley,” but what kind of work is “Miss Ripley” exactly? We will now reveal one by one, the five points of attraction for this classic melodrama that has shaken Korea, “Miss Ripley.”

◆ An integration of “Social issues that rocked Korea”

In 2007, the “resume forgery” incident caused a great uproar in Korea, starting with a debate about one person’s “resume forgery,” which led to several famous people being forced to go public regarding the truth about their own education history, and also brought to light other social problems that were put up in public forums during this time. Korea’s societal view that the academics is everything, the corruption of the financial sector, and the society’s disregard for principles etc. Anyone who lives in this world would have gone through or been hurt by such issues, and all of the abovementioned social problems were present in the said incident.

“Miss Ripley” is about lie that was told by one woman, which led to her mistaken success, and also gives a realistic interpretation of the unjust rules that have been deeply embedded within society.

◆Lee Da Hae, who unabashedly shows the greed and desires of humans, and Kang Hye Jung, the embodiment of innocence.

In “Miss Ripley,” Lee Da Hae plays a character who “Lies so that she can live, and reaps great rewards because of it. However, she is not satisfied and shows more greed and desire,” the role of Jang Miri. Lee Da Hae said that at the beginning, she worked really hard to express the role of Jang Miri who “struggled to escape from living hell.” Wearing a red wig and tight-fitting outfits, running barefoot around the Japanese city center and such, Lee Da Hae focuses her entire being in acting, and her transformation is the most important point to notice in the drama.

Also, Kang Hye Jung, who has returned to the acting scene after 4 years, is increasingly piquing the audience’s interest with her transformation. Kang Hye Jung with her unique acting style will be playing the role of the innocent and adorable Moon Hui Joo, showing a pure and carefree side. The two ladies’ passionate performance will heighten the excitement of the drama.

◆Kim Seung Woo and Park Yoochun, the perfect image transformation!

Kim Seung Woo has shown various different images through dramas and movies. In this drama, he plays a man suspended in a loveless marriage, who later finds true love, the role of hotel manager Jang Myeong Hoon. Kim Seung Woo had said, “I really wanted to act in a classic melodrama, and I will realistically express the interpretation of a deep love by someone in their 40s”

Park Yoochun, who successfully played the character Lee Seon Joon in 2010, will be taking on the role of the “flawless” modern day Prince Charming, Song Yoo Hyun. Song Yoo Hyun is warm and kind, and firmly believes that Jang Miri, who “makes use of him for her own success” is the true love that he needs, and cannot help himself. In this second role, how will Park Yoochun convey the emotions of love and pain for his character? This is something to look out for.

◆Realistic representation of managing a luxury hotel

A top-class hotel with a luxurious atmosphere and rich culture. People who are in control of the 21st century world economy, culture, trends and other markets gather at this hotel in the city. With such a hotel as the background, a story about the career and love between the employees managing the hotel unfolds, and the greed and romance that lies behind the magnificent successes and failures are realistically expressed. Set in a hotel where all kinds of people come and go, the management staff fights for the survival of the hotel, and through this drama, we can see their honest emotions.

◆Choi Myeong Gil, Song Jae Ho, Jang Yong… Aided by the presence of veteran actors! Detailed completion of the drama!

We anticipate the heavyweight performances of Korean veteran actors, which helps the viewers immerse themselves in the drama. In the show, Jang Yong is the CEO of the global resorts conglomerate, Choi Myeong Gil plays the role of Park Yoochun’s mother, Song Jae Ho is the director of Hotel “A”who values Kim Seung Woo greatly, Kim Na Woon is Kim Seung Woo’s close friend and colleague, etc. These veteran actors create a strong backing, increasing the well-roundedness of the drama.

Source : [BaiduTVXQ + DongA]

Translated & Shared by : dongbangdata.net

Guest relly

Hi Everyone,

Miss Ripley Episode 2 English Soft-Sub Subtitle is out.

ripley2.jpg?t=1306800728

Miss Ripley 1-2 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

This is a new project for the DSS CTS Team

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1614-miss-ripley-2011/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

Guest JaneElliot

Just finished episode two. Gah, I'm officially hooked on this show. It's awesome to have such an anti-heroine in a kdrama. It kind of reminds me of Cinderella's Sister in that way, except more so.

Also, I'm a dork and I made this:

The assorted faces of Jang Miri. (LDH has such wonderful range here. Unlike in her last show, of which we shall not speak.)

jmr.jpg

Guest mashimaro_is_luff

just saw the first 2 episodes.. omg, i can't believe i'm hooked.

I'm really impressed with Lee Dae Hee in here, she has really grown as an actress..

and i agreed with JaneElliot: love Daehee's wigs and her angry expression

i feel like her character is more real.. she's fiesty and hurt and act that way whereas usually characters like that are quite.. she isn't

but then it's not like she is not understand of others feeling.. example: she console the director because she understand what it means to be sad and hurt even when her situation is not the same..

i can't wait for the next episode.. havent feel this way about a drama for a long time already.. oh my, what a torture T.T

Guest maccay

Episode 1.

photozh.jpg

imogene it did take me a while to write a comment on your amazing review and recap. You're a tough act to follow my dear but YES in a flash I fell in love with Miss Ripley! imogene, Dangermousie and hagrid, it has been a while and I am so glad to read amazing reviews from you guys. I actually set my expectations to a low level too because I don't want to be disappointed but it has actually exceeded my expectations. I was drawn into Miri's complex character in just one hour. It felt like I was Yutaka mesmerized and intrigued at the same time who this woman is. I wanted to know her. I saw her pain and her determination and her sense of hope, but I am also afraid what she is capable of doing. From a young age she survived on her own missing out on being a kid. And then her escape. The moment she took off that red wig waving good bye to her friend, I felt for this young woman. I knew this is not complete freedom but I was cheering for her to go run! I've seen the trailer many times while she came out of the airport but this had made an impact on me. Lee Da Hae was so amazing here! her face expressed confusion, LOST, like saying "where do I begin?" and then in a split second her face changed to a "let's move on and start all over again!" Miri really works here and there while trying to get a permanent job so she can saty legally, amazing how she can be an alien in her own country but it seems like anywhere she goes these evil guys are on the trail to get her. I don't blame Miri for not trusting any man, see how she both gave Yutaka and MH a dismissive shrug and shoved their helping hands at the same time in those fateful accidents. Superb acting from LDH after she was abused in that office, scared, trembling, crying, disgusted, frustrated in that washroom. Both Miri and MH came in and out of that elevator with nothing but optimism. Yet both had a stormy day after all. Then came that fateful accident that will start all the lie.

And Yutaka and Miri, how can I not talk about them. How he's smitten the first time she looked at him. I already saw their chemistry and when Yutaka smiled looking at Miri smiling over a candy bag, Here~they won me over! Yutaka has this genuine kindness in him but at the same time his quiet side feels like there's something sad about him. Mickey is doing incredibly FINE for me. It's how he is supposed to be.

photogr.jpg

We didn't see much of Hee Joo in ep 1 but I like how she's full of life and clumsy at the same time.

That little Miri, this girl is super! I have watched kdramas where kids are even better than their adult counterparts but here, both little Miri and the adult Miri are both amazing!

Side casts are not bad either. Except for that yelling lady director who works for MH, she needs to tone down, it's irritating! If I had to let go of two things it would be her and the loud instrumental background. I want a subtle music to make me feel a particular scene.

The editing and transition are not perfect but I like the cinematography it wasn't spectacular but it focuses and captures the characters emotions especially Miri and it stayed there, no circling cameras around the characters that makes me dizzy sometimes.

Solid performances across the board. I'm here to stay!

Episode 2.

photodad.jpg

I didn't talk much about Myung Hoon in ep 1 because I didn't feel anything much about him there but here I saw his vulnerability, his pain. What went wrong with his marriage, I don't know much. But his conversation with Miri had me rooting for them as well. Ottoke?! They needed someone to talk to and they found each other at the right time. It's the first time I see Genuine smile from them.

photo2t.png

We saw Hee Joo and Miri's past and I liked that transition, Miri didn't have to be staring blankly into nothingness to reminisce their past but they did that while Miri was running after HJ. Alright, I like how Hee Joo is full of smiles and all but i hope it will lessen in the coming episodes because she looks too happy for me. Speaking of genuine and fake smile. Miri is so good at that fake smile at the end of the episode. She's taking us to her dark/er side. Yes I agree with you imogene, this is like All about Eve the other way around in a villain's viewpoint. Kim So Yeon was so effective there and I loved and hated her at the same time. I already love Miri but I'm scared to see how I will also hate her then. I'm also rooting for her to grab that diploma and how she will use HJ on this.

photo3h.png

What is the significance of Yutaka as a lost and found guy? First the wallet at the airport, second the cell phone charm. Is it Miri? he found a LOST soul?

Sorry for the LQ of the photos, just screencaps from my phone watching it livestream on Mon and Tues. Yes, i'm crazy about Miss Ripley. JaneElliot thanks for the many faces of Miri. Amazing transformation eh?

I'll end with this~

Mickey I want that ice cream! :D

photoh.png

YAY, my dear maccay what a nice surprise to see your post now :w00t: Love what you said there :wub:

As you I also fell in love with those 2 scenes of Miri taking off her wig and we get to see her natural hair for the first time as you said she is seeking for freedom and as Miri said to the club manager "The Jang Miri you know is now dead".

And don't worry about the photos, I actually kind of envy you that you got to see it live :D

At last I got to see episode 2 I liked it as well and how we start to see that other side of Miri character and I am actually ready for more. I don't mind starting to hate her in there but I already had that emotional background story in my head to keep me balanced in that :D

More interactions between Miri and Myung Hoon in this episode with comfortable conversations between those two hurt and unfortunate characters made me feel them more. I wonder what Miri wanted to say to him and chose not to say ??

And Myung Hoon character is soooo deep for me understand, I still don't clearly get it but it is haunting me already. I actually didn't expect that painful relationship with his wife before the drama aired, I kind of got their relationship the other way around from reading the plot. But what is better that watching something you didn't expect :lol:

I loved to see more scenes of Heeju, her cheerful character is attractive and I can't wait for next episode to see the interactions between her and Miri after that "coincidence" meeting ;) .

I Can't forget Yutaka in this episode, our young CEO is ready to lead :D as all of you have already said, I want to see more of him and know more about his character and get more interactions between him and Miri but I can already see their chemistry. Can't wait to see some confrontation between him and Myung Hoon on both business and love sides. And of course I want ice cream too :lol:

Also thanks all for the updates, videos and subs and congratulation for the cast and all of us for the good reviews and ratings.

Miss Ripley Fighting :wub: :wub:

[Trans] 110531 Joseon Dynasty’s ‘Miss Ripley’? ‘Chuno+SSK’ Parody Becomes A ‘Hot Topic’

‘Joseon Dynasty’s Miss Ripley’, a historical drama parody of MBC’s ‘Miss Ripley’, is garnering much interest from netizens.

Recently, a video was posted on an online community’s thread with the title ‘Joseon Dynasty’s Miss Ripley’. The video is composed of various scenes of Lee Da Hae in the KBS fusion historical drama ‘Chuno’ and Park Yoochun in ‘SungKyunKwan Scandal’.

It begins with Lee Da Hae confessing her identity to Park Yoochun as she says, “My name is actually ‘that girl’.”

Following this, the video portrays Park Yoochun and Lee Da Hae falling in love as it makes it seem as though the two are sharing a passionate embrace. It also shows Park Yoochun moving the sleeve of Lee Da Hae’s clothes and revealing the mark of a slave under her shoulder.

This is similar to ‘Miss Ripley’ as Lee Da Hae hides her identity and forges her diplomas, while ‘that girl’ lives as Kim Hae Won in Chuno.

Park Yoochun’s roles in both dramas are also similar as both love the female lead who is harboring a secret. These similarities were used to create such a video.

Netizens who watched the video left comments such as, “This was made so well that I got goosebumps”, “It’s so good that I want to show it to the staff of ‘Miss Ripley’”, “A truly talented individual!” and “It actually looks like the two filmed a historical drama together.”

Source: [star news]

Translated & Shared by: dongbangdata.net

-------------------------------------------------

So this is the much talked about vid? It's quite creative indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF6UMZK-lDg

I have also found another fanmade vid using scenes fr SKKS & Chuno. Might better if you understand the subs in chinese :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9UXnMOBl5M

((( Episodes 01-02 )))

"Miss Ripley (2011) ViKi Softsubs"

Subtitles brought to you by the:...

~ Miss Ripley Team @ ViKi.com ~

ViKi Link: http://en.viki.com/channels/3339-goodbye-miss-lovely-goodbye-miss-ripley

Softsubs Link: http://en.viki.com/channels/3339-goodbye-miss-lovely-goodbye-miss-ripley/posts/7838-miss-ripley-2011-viki-softsubs?t=1306804315

The softsubs are synced to 720p-HANrel videos.

They should work for any resolution HANrel videos.

The softsub links will be in folders...

MU Folder: "Miss Ripley (2011) ViKi Softsubs"

http://www.megaupload.com/?f=HSOVYJQL

MF Folder: "Miss Ripley (2011) ViKi Softsubs"

http://www.mediafire.com/?14anzsb56aa6d

The individual MU links for the softsubs...

MMTMR.E01.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=89DXFK4Q

MMTMR.E02.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WK0775K3

[Trans] So this is the much talked about vid? It's quite creative indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF6UMZK-lDg

I have also found another fanmade vid using scenes fr SKKS & Chuno. Might better if you understand the subs in chinese :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9UXnMOBl5M

ZOMG! This is AWESOME SAUCE! Y'all MUST WATCH IT! seriously! It's uh-may-zing! Whoever made this is an video editing genius! I actually want this sageuk too! Can LDH and YC shoot this sageuk after Miss Ripley! Puhreetty puhleeeez! I'm not being greedy am I?

TO THE ENTIRE VIKI TEAM and ahoxan, I'll forever be in your debt. Super thank you for the quick subtitles! I'm off to watching the episodes with subs! I'll try to come up with a sort of a proper review after watching it with subs. Just because maccay, imogene and dangermousie are inspiring me to ramble with my thoughts as well.

Guest nana544

I just finished watching ep 1 of Miss Ripley and so far, I really like it. Lee Da Hae does a marvelous job in there and oh my, she is so beautiful!!!! I also very came to like Mickey's acting :) and also the other main lead. I cannot wait to see what is in store for us as the drama progress on and on :)!

Guest chupachap

i have to say, all of Miri outfits are awesome! The stylist has done a great job! Omo, now im wondering where can i get her clothes :(

Guest sharmainly

MISS RIPLEY ENG SUB HERE

http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama/miss-ripley-episode-1/147038

Guest Sayuri JaeJoong

Hi for everyone !!!

How are U?

Domo Arigatou for all updates here

I made some caps and Gifs to share with all our JYJ family here :wub:

So I really hope U like it !

Kissu!

JaneElliot ♥ Thanks for all Lee Da Hae's colored wigs pics!!!

I confess now I am a Lee Da Hae's new fan :wub:

She´s an amazing actress and I LOVE her char !

Aw...I love her with hairs too much

Coz I love colored hairs [I think coz I have a piece of my hair in blue color :lol: ]

Kissu!

Are U liking Goodbye Miss Ripley?

I confess I´m totally passionate for this drama !

The actors/actress are amazing and our Yuchun♥ is impressing me always!

He´s perfect on screen ne ???

[CAPS]110602

GOODBYE MISS RIPLEY EPISODE 2

VPan4.jpg

JY2Yo.jpg

GgxPM.jpg

be51d915b90795c7e27cadeb986e8e23.jpg 91572528a45a5e335b13b6eb38b1a3cc.jpg d6ae64f1162ad64cec69d17a716f4068.jpg ca9d0107a7642af6d9b2012b727a7156.jpg

42ccb31c856aef7bc11fc933ff173585.jpg e6a14634ed753c180cd9ff24c24ca831.jpg 6f266ce0a50228cb83c66fe550cc343b.jpg 66c34153a4ff943e169334f709a9205d.jpg

560dec54ce4bab2317d0a4d1b3479a34.jpg c279df4200a33e34c136ae045c3b1ef4.jpg fb3373470c23156ba62a1eacf323c12f.jpg f55568a71371b79dd21dd9e81b052d3c.jpg

e4e91435b0bfae4d118a585c88f73328.jpg 185213916cbaefcdc6f65df24994d211.jpg ba7743f1de3514125602055de5e7d291.jpg 6b9f9904d522d50a91d608148c1a357c.jpg

a09bb07fd4c0079e139e3e2835253d89.jpg

[GIFS]110602

GOODBYE MISS RIPLEY EPISODE 2

Remember always!

DO NOT HOTLINK!

7540397_Goodbye_13.gif 7540413_Goodbye_14.gif 7540428_Goodbye_15.gif 7540450_Goodbye_16.gif

Credits:TvxqPowerfulGods日本FanBlog

Guest 6228Micky

^

haha, I was actually trying to write something last night, but I had to make sure with the subs. Last night's episode was really dialogue-driven so the subs were very important.

I actually see the chemistry between both Yutaka-Miri/Myung Hoon-Miri... MH and Miri is much more prominent and sort of in a silent-waters-run-deep kind of way, while Yutaka-Miri is still at a brewing tension stage. She has not seen him yet. Miri has a way to break into Myung Hoon, but I think Yutaka will be able to break into Miri, hence the time when he saw her smile.

I think Yutaka's character needs to be explored too. So far he is established as an almost saintly, perfect character... but we know there is something more there. When he is alone and contemplating, you know there is a quiet storm brewing in. You really see him pace himself. And when his father brought up how his mom passed and good thing his stepmom stepped in to be that woman who sort of stood by the business, there was a lingering sadness there.  There are also implications that he was not as on point on being his father's heir to that business throne, the father mentioned he has really grown up to want to do this with him. I really hope they explore his character. I do think he's naive but not entirely that saintly.

Hee Joo is almost a caricature kdrama female lead. I kind of laugh how they turned the usual bword as the protagonist, because if this was a romcom we all know Hee Joo is the female lead. i.e. her chance encounters with Yutaka, Miri using her, etc, etc. KHJ is very charming, and I think she is playing her character in a bit of a tongue-and-cheek manner.

this feels very All About Eve just told through the villain's perspective.

Totally agree with your review...it's like u read my mind. I'm waiting to see how Yutaka's character develops and what is that behind-the-handsome-face misery.

Btw, for InterFans ~ here is another link to watch Miss Ripley with Eng Sub but you'll have to wait a day or two after the actual broadcast

http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama/miss-ripley/

Archived