How come people trust me so much?

Guest manun

Guest manun

Hi everyone!

This has been on my mind for a long time, and its why people trust me so much.

I work at mental hospital, everyday there will be people who are depressed and abused from their loved ones (to the extent they dont talk to anyone).

But sometimes people will look at me and start talking with me, they will say whats bothering them and I will take my time to listen and try to help them even thought I dont even know their name. I only work on saturday and sunday because I have med school on other days, so they rarely see me.

Then in the end I always ask them why do you talk to me? Then some of them will say, its because of the way you look, that I look like a really nice person that cares.

I do care alot for alot of people, even to the extent that I cant do much for them but give a big part of my heart.

But this has happened alot, in school and sometimes with strangers.

I rarely smile or do anything particular, I think I look dumb founded to be honest I have alot of acne scars so its not like a look like an angel.

I have seen people that I think look like really nice persons, but its not like i wanna talk about my problems to them. But then i rarely talk about my problems to anyone, even to my best friend.

Do you think people can base a person if they are truely a genuin nice person by looking at them?

Cause honestly I dont, I think everyone has to be judged for their inside.

EDIT: I am really glad that people find me in this way so its not complaining and I see it as an great honer to be able to help others. What I find hard is that you can see someones inside without knowing more about them.

Guest Squinty

stupid question o,o

go ask the poeple who open their hearts to you, there's no point asking here if we don't know you.

:/

Guest manun

stupid question o,o

go ask the poeple who open their hearts to you, there's no point asking here if we don't know you.

:/

Its not about knowing me...

Its about if you see someone and can see that they are nice people so much that you can trust them.

Guest avedia

Some people in those conditions just need someone, anyone, to listen. I know my brother, who suffered from depression, went to his teachers and such rather than family to talk about his problems.

Guest manun

Some people in those conditions just need someone, anyone, to listen. I know my brother, who suffered from depression, went to his teachers and such rather than family to talk about his problems.

Thats true! I remember when I was little thinking teachers was someone you could talk to. Its probably the same feeling.

Guest ny-sw / ny_sw.

I don't think it's your physical appearance, but most likely the vibe/demeanor that you have.

It's great that you have that, it'll help you be a much better doctor. It seems like you're extremely compassionate as well, so props to you.

Guest Daylightful

I also feel like people in situations like those really need someone to talk to. You may also seem approachable to them, nothing wrong with that!

As for people knowing you have a good heart just by looking at them or not is another story. Some may, some may not. We can't answer that for you!

But sometimes people will look at me and start talking with me, they will say whats bothering them and I will take my time to listen and try to help them even thought I dont even know their name. I only work on saturday and sunday because I have med school on other days, so they rarely see me. 

Probably because you care enough not to ignore them or treat them like a nuisance. They're just another patient to the staff but in your eyes, they feel more like a person. 

People can tell when someone is just putting up a face and when they are genuinely interested. 

Those people just need someone to be there and listen and that's why they can say that you seem like that kind of person. Plus, you work there, right? A lot of people tend to come to me with their issues too, and I think it's because I actually just sit there and let them tell it all to me. It's probably because you're more willing to sit through and listen than most people would be willing (most of the time people tend to switch the topic back to themselves or just stay very quiet and don't seem to be listening).

Guest ms. rachellica

for me, it's hard to open up to pple coz i don't want to bother them. so i usually approach the pple who seem the most approachable.

Archived