Do you guys ever wear "safety shorts" with short skirts?

Guest teenahoo

Guest ccconstant_x3

Of course! I always wear 'safety shorts'/boy shorts under my skirt. As someone who runs around and trips and falls and has body parts flailing everywhere at all times, whilst wearing a skirt, it's a must. I make it a really obvious color too, so when the skirt flies you can immediately see 'Oh, shorts!' . I feel like if you wear nude shorts that cover your undergarments, and your skirt flies up, people from a distance might think you're not wearing anything at all o_o

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest EHNerJI

I always used to wear spandex shorts under, especially since I was kind of a tom-boy

and I'd always be moving around.. there'd be a really high chance that I'd flash someone : p

But now, I usually wear tights or leggings under when I wear a short skirt, so I don't have to worry~

Guest deceitful.reverie

I used to wear normal panties under skirts, but ever since the theater-like chair in class lifted my skirt as I stood up (since it folds up when no one's sitting on it) and my friend and the guy on the next row saw my white panties, I started wearing black or nude (for light-colored skirts) boyshorts.

Guest kadfish

where can you buy these? T_T

spring/summer is coming soon and I bought lots of skirts :P I don't want anything embarrassing happening.

Guest yukinohana

yea of course

im pretty bold in my wardrobe but not THAT bold.

I have 2 different ones. one for longer dresses and one for shorter.

got them from Urban Outfitters on sale but not exactly sure if they have any in stock right now

Guest ichigobunnie

it depends for me

if the skirt isn't flowy, but rather more tight like a business skirt or whatever, then i wont bother to wear one bc it wont fly up. but if it's a flowy skirt and its short and i kno i'll be OUTSIDE for a good amount of time, then yes i'll wear boyshorts under. if the skirt is long like nearer to my knees then i wont bother.

btw to buy boyshorts, try Academy and buy the Cheerleading shorts--the ones the girls wear under their uniform so they dont flash anyone when they do their flips and basket throws :)

if you don't have an Academy then you can probably get some at Forever21 :)

Guest iPhets

nope. all the skirts i own are the stiff types and i don't like them so i dont wear them LOL.

but if i do wear a frilly one i would probably wear some 'protection' because its quite windy where i live.. i've seen too many asses in my life.

Guest JailbaitQueen

I just wear very covering underwear like boy-shorts and sometimes tights too

shorts are usually too bulky for me to go underneath

its really windy where i life too n_n;;

should probably get some of these biker shorts or whatever

Guest leelee.

I could never leave the house without shorts under my skirt or dress, unless I'm wearing opaque tights/stockings that cover up my undies or if it's a long skirt/dress that has no chance of flying up (like a formfitting dress).

Man, it would be so horrible to be pantsed while wearing a skirt! It happened to this girl at my school but she was wearing shorts instead of a skirt. :o

Guest Alisaur

I wear denim shorts all the time with my frilly and flowy skirts. They saved me so many times. -_- It's also convenient cause there's a pocket in them. LOL.

YES! started wearing it during high school since i go to a catholic school so girl wearing skirts is a must && of course guys trying to look up our skirt is also something we can't prevent...so safety short was a must for me. even now after i graduated from high school long ago i still find myself wearing safety shorts every time i wear a dress or skirt that seems a little too short. better safe then sorry =)

Guest teenahoo

I wear denim shorts all the time with my frilly and flowy skirts. They saved me so many times.  -_- It's also convenient cause there's a pocket in them. LOL.

isn't real shorts too bulky under your skirts though? I've tried it before, and it always made me look fatter than i am!

Guest ling_ling

i dont... i dont really see the point unless it is a super sheer dress then nude ones is a must ~

but other than tht nope

i find it weirder if my skirt flies up and people see shorts !!! So I just wear cute under wear, and also I think i have a nice butt, so i aint got nothing to hide !!!

Guest subjectivism

I have a black pair of these (http://store.americanapparel.ca/rnt52.html?cid=178) to wear under skirts/dresses that are on the short side.

Guest shortstufflai

I try to most of the time but sometimes if I'm wearing a relatively tight skirt that is a really crappy/cheap material then the outlines of it is seen through it :(

I think I may need to invest in some better quality skirts =/

I don't always. But I am always VERY careful about other's people's line of sight.

(like when I cross/uncross my legs, when I'm outside and it's windy etc)

Plus this:

I try to most of the time but sometimes if I'm wearing a relatively tight skirt that is a really crappy/cheap material then the outlines of it is seen through it :(

Guest GloomyBear

What do people consider to be short skirts? With skirts a bit lower than mid thigh I don't. But I have one Japanese miniskirt which is really short which comes with inbuilt shorts XD

I wear one no matter the length the skirt/dress is - I just find it uncomfortable without something like shorts (probably it's because boxers under the skirt/dress were a part of my school uniform for a long long time...)

I absolutely hate spandex :( I get like rashes. And wearing something underneath the skirt is so uncomfortable. That's one of the things that annoys me the most, I can't wear shorts under skirts because it's so uncomfortable.

So nope I have to go without them. But I never had that wind blowing thing. I either get skirts with pockets so I can hold them down or just don't wear miniskirts.

Miniskirts aren't an option any more at school anyways. However, I am very cautious when I sit down or anything, I always check if my skirt is riding up too. But if it did happen...that would be kind of embarrassing unless I had my friends around.

Archived