[Drama 2011] Can You Hear My Heart? 내 마음이 들리니

Guest yeohweping

Guest bllooms

Hi all! My first time posting in this thread.

I 've just finished watching episode 4 and the kids and senior actors were AMAZING!!! The girl from the movie with won bin is so natural with her expression, so is the young dong joo...SO CUTE!

I'm glad kim jae won is back although I havnt seen hwang jung eum in anything yet, i've heard she's pretty talented, looking forward to nam goong min as well. Anyway, I'll miss the kids once the adult come in, hope they can continue the heartwarming plot.

Forgot to add the most interesting character to me thus far is ma roo, you can see he's a good kid underneath it all but i don't know, he's quite ambitious and selfish at times and if not led properly, can turn bad. Dont know what dj's mum will do to him...hope he doesnt get hurt (which he probably will :().

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys......I'm seriously in love with this show......and its just begun.....watched all 4 eps. back to back......couldn't wait for eng. subs. for the 5th so watched it raw......the kids did an amazing job......kim sae ron totally owned the character.......Kang chan hee......Sooo adorable ......will definitely look forward to his work.........KJW........OMG.......he said only 4 lines in the epi.......but i saw him as Dong Joo not KJW.............doing the lip reading thing.......talking only when he really has to.......amazing job.

the actor playing young gyu.......must say hes doing an amazing job........

Guest jaejoongstolemyheart

Just finished watching today's ep. I really like the interaction between Joonha and Dongju today when they were in the bedroom. but i think their good relationship will end soon. I don't think they'll stay as good brothers throughout the show.

I can already sense that there'd be jealousy soon. But i thought it'd be from joonha's side first. Not sure if that was jealousy but Dongju was seating from a far watching Joonha and mum laughing happily with one another. Is he envious he can't communicate as well as them... or is he jealous of joonha?

Anw, in today's ep, joonha know who woori is already, since she called dongju, maru oppa in front of joonha. What made her sure that Dongju was maru was when he said "why am i your brother" which was almost exactly the same line he said when they were young. I'm so excited at how the story will unfold.

Anyway go joon hee was introduced into the show today. I think she's Joonha's girlfriend? Anyway she got Joonha to treat his own granny because he is a doctor now.. So at the end of the episode, he was supposed to treat his own granny hence he saw woori, granny and seungchul. I think dongju is pretending he lost all his memory before the fall. hence he pretends he doesn't know shinhye, and of course pretends he doesnt know what happened before the fall. I'm wondering how he'll take his revenge on his dad. Same for dongju's mum... no idea how she's gonna take her revenge since she's treating joonha really well now.

I think there's gonna be alot about jooonha's character, which i'm looking forward too. In todays ep, dongju's mum asked him if woori is his sister. he said again.. that in this world, if there's no dongju and her, he'll have no one else. I'm quite sure Joonha will fall for woori though. at least he probably did when they were young already.

Quite sure seungchul as well, is gonna be one of the love interest but definitely not important.

Oh well, i really love this show. DARN... SAT IS 6 DAYS AWAY:'(

Guest yeohweping

Ep.6 highlights

01.Call me Unni

20110417_1303049014_65331700_1.jpg

20110417225103577.jpg

02.Are you in love with me? :rolleyes:

20110417_1303048490_58609300_1.jpg

20110417225614580.jpg

03.I can play the piano even if I can't hear

20110417_1303047962_01022600_1.jpg

20110417222706071.jpg

04.I am able to hear so don't sign to me

20110417_1303047288_52118700_1.jpg

05.You have to lie that you are rich so that Maru will come back

20110417_1303046528_41420900_1.jpg

st_1303046341_508393293_0.jpg

06.What you are running away from will always come back to you

20110417230903656.jpg

20110417_1303049477_64614900_1.jpg

07.Keep quiet and get out of here

20110417230804338.jpg

Reasons why Maru couldn't go back to his family

01.He made a pact with Hyun Suk : She saves Young Gyu and he will becomes her adopted son and one of her conditions to him could be that he must cut all connections with his real family. That's why he had to go into hiding with her and Dong Joo all these years after getting a different name.

02.He'll have no power to go against Seung Chul if Hyun Suk doesn't back him up as he had realized if he had gone back and stay with the Bong family he has no way to go against Seung Chul because of his age, family background and status. He and his family risk being "crushed to death" by baddie "Seung Chul" like how easily it was for him to put Young Gyu in jail or even the mental hospital.

03.The guilt of facing Woo Ri and his family after Mi Suk's death is actually caused after she went back to get his watch. That is why he could recognize Woo Ri after seeing it, the object of his guilt.

04.He is in repayment mode towards Hyuk Suk and Dong Joo. Not only because Hyun Suk helped him but in deep in mind, he is 'pushing' himself to give more love to his new family because of his guilt towards his old family. so the more guilt he feels towards his old family, he gives more love towards his new family as his emotional replacements.

Hyuk Suk = Young Gyu, Granny

Dong Joo = Woo Ri

Because he didn't want to plain and simple, he been embarrassed by his family since he could understand the word SHAME. Don't make excuses for his behavior that just demean his development to become a some kind of a decent human being.

@semifly thanks for the links I can always count on you :)

@yeohweping thanks for the quick recap :)

@jaejoong so jealous you guys watch the episode already :(

@miguel, yeohweping thanks for the pictures :)

@bllooms welcome to the thread :)

cant wait to todays episode, again guys thanks :)

Guest applexu114

Just finished watching today's ep. I really like the interaction between Joonha and Dongju today when they were in the bedroom. but i think their good relationship will end soon. I don't think they'll stay as good brothers throughout the show.

I can already sense that there'd be jealousy soon. But i thought it'd be from joonha's side first. Not sure if that was jealousy but Dongju was seating from a far watching Joonha and mum laughing happily with one another. Is he envious he can't communicate as well as them... or is he jealous of joonha?

Oh well, i really love this show. DARN... SAT IS 6 DAYS AWAY:'(

I watched today's episode and like you, I really love the scene when DJ and JH together, just like when they were younger, it gave me this butterfly feeling in the stomach. Yeah, I'm always a sucker for bromance in any drama

blush.gif. I agree that this sweet moment between the two won't last long but I don't think jealousy would be a reason. Like today, when DJ was quietly watching his mom and JH, my interpretation is that he was trying to understanding what was going on their minds. The thing about DJ is that he may think of himself as a loner in his own world and he is scared of showing eveyone the real him or may be the weaknesses that he has. I saw his interactions with his mom and JH. Although, they are the closest to him, I feel like he doesn't trust them enough that's why he shows them a more "lively and carefree" image. To people he doesn't know, he doesn't want them to feel pity toward him because of his disability. To people who know about his disability, they may only want to protect him but unknowingly, they give him a vibe that they are keeping lots of thing from him.He guards himself really carefully. Now, after watching DJ and WR first meeting I'm even more looking forward to the future when he falls in love with her and how she will open his heart :wub: :wub:

Oh my, KJW still looks young as ever, just a bit thiner. Can't wait to see more from my first Korean actor crush

About HJE, I think I'm getting used to her more now. I'm fine with her acting but the high pitch voice and when she repeated "Maru oppa...Maru oppa" on TV can't buy me any feeling. Hopefully she will use her normal voice to talk more.

Really, can't wait for next Saturday.

Btw, I wonder if this drama has 30 episodes or 50 episodes cause different sources provide different info and now I'm confused :crazy:

Guest kcomments

Episode 6

Connection wasn’t good tonight, only caught some scenes.

JH(grown up) as handsome as ever, and Min Soo(MS) a girl who is a friend of both JH/DJ (possible WR’s love rival), showed up in this episode.

Lazy to edit :w00t: , please follow Softy's recap of Episode 6 HERE , thoroughly covered.

Dad walks in the house, DJ comes from upstairs to greet him. Dad scolds at him for playing a prank. Then dad asks DJ whether DJ doesn't remember anything that day, and looks at DJ, suspiciously. DJ answers yes, casually. He says something more; dad doesn’t catch what he really remembered.

Dad and mom (DJ) in bedroom talking, (so they still remain as husband and wife)....

WR comes to see MR’s mom(Shin Ae, SA) and asks for her help of something calling her ‘aunt’. WR knows she is MR’s real mom.

SA shouts at WR for coming, she throws WR a cheque and leaves.

There is a red dress on the sofa, WR looks at it.

Grandma, JG, SC, and his dad are together to watch WR on tv, a girl walks in ,it’s Min Soo..

WR is on TV,

All dresses up in SA’s red dress and necklace, she shows a map for their house, WR makes some stories up recalling SC’s advices.

The mc asks WR for her message to MR.

She cries and tells MR (on air) that they all miss him, and she cries louder, times up so they(tv) cut her off.

WR comes to a party, to return her dress to SA, she sees DJ’s mom walking into the hotel, WR remembers her and recalls the fire accident with her mom.

Both dad(Choi) and DJ’s mom walk into the party. People all greet them.

WR is in the restroom with SA, SA is wearing the red dress now,

SA walks out of the restroom, WR stays and changes. Women guest come in, they are gossiping that SA is Choi’s woman. WR overhears and is surprised.

Choi is delivering speech on the stage.

SA walks in to stand next to DJ’s mom, they both wearing the same necklaces (the one Choi bought for her). SA is angry, DJ’s mom smiles knowingly.

Before Choi finishes his speech, suddenly someone is playing the piano (beautiful scores here), it’s DJ….(lost signal)

DJ with his dad on the stage speaking, Dad is uneasy, DJ’s mom is surprised.

WR sits outside to hotel door.

JH walks in the hotel (aww..handsome, music was good here).

DJ is standing with guests surrounding him, everybody tries to talk to him at the same time, DJ turns to each of them just in time when that person starts speaking to him (really look like he hears everything). After a while, he starts to feel dizzy, everything becomes blurring in his eyes, he politely excuses himself and walks out of the party, when out of sight, he runs out of the hotel.

He opens the door and hits WR on his way, her watch(MR’s) drops to the floor, she picks it up and runs after DJ angrily.

DJ sits outside and start throwing up (so sad).

WR comes behind him, she asks ‘Are you sick?’, she touches his back, he’s startled looking at her. She keeps asking whether he is sick, he pushes her away and stands up, DJ sees JH is standing near so he smiles, glad to see him and about to walk away,

WR catches him (making him suffer more from dizziness) and talks about earphones (etc.) telling him she is little Mi Suk, he pushes her off and runs to the restroom and throws up.

In the restroom, DJ put his hands over his ears and tries to calm down, (saying a word that he would say when he throws WR’s sack bag).

----------

DJ’s mom is in the party and looks for DJ, JH walks in, she smiles and introduces JH to Choi and SA, JH greets Choi saying it’s the first time meeting him (he’s lying). JH walks away with DJ’s mom, she looks back at Choi and thinks (crap I forgot) about he is your son.

WR waits for DJ outside the restroom, when he walks out she keeps talking to him, showing him the watch.

DJ doesn’t bother and keep on walking.

WR blocks his way and asks DJ, ‘you are really not my brother?’

DJ looks at her lips and reads the words, oppa.

DJ asks WR ‘why I’m your brother?’ ‘Do I look like your brother?’ (or sth like that) He pushes her out of the way and goes up the escalator. WR recalls MR answering the same question when they were young, same as the way DJ had answered it.

DJ walks into the party, WR follows him and starts yelling, calling him to listen to her. DJ walks on because he really doesn’t hear her (so sad) while everybody is looking at WR, DJ’s mom remembers her and is panicked.

While WR is saying all the things, JH listens on and starts to know it’s his sister. WR looks at DJ and cries, DJ looks at her face carefully this time but doesn’t say anything.

DJ’s mom orders WR takes away.

Choi and Dj’s mom recognizes WR. They are worried.

DJ still lingers about WR.

They throw WR out, SA comes and shouts at her, WR keeps saying it’s her oppa. SA says sth like if it’s her son, she wouldn’t know? And yells at WR not to interfere about MR again.

SA talks to DJ, he asks if she knows him.

(Man, JH was really not let out that he knew his mom)

WR with SC are on the side of the street, pushing each other.

DJ and JH drive pass them (SC and WR).

DJ looks at WR from the side mirror, really looks at her.

JH looks at DJ worriedly.

DJ’s mom and Choi are arguing about the incident at home.

(Back story on what happened)

DJ walks in with JH.

Choi looks at JH’s face, wondering.

Mom tells Choi to think of JH as her son and walks into the room, behind the door she smiles(a little).

DJ on the bed, JH in the room.

DJ is very close to JH. He behaves like a little boy with JH.

JH arranges pillows for DJ.

JH looks at him quietly, DJ asks what? You love me? (Haha, bromance?) They are wrestling on the bed laughing.

JG with grandma, WR calls,

JG asks if she sees MR and about to cry. She says no but will let him know. A girl shouts into the phone, it’s Min Soo (MS).

JG is startled by the voice in the phone, when he hangs up, he signs ‘pabo’ (exactly likes WR signed to DJ under that tree).

WR is at SC’s dad restaurant(I guess), MS drinks a lot. WR calls her unni……

SC carries MS to sleep at WR’s room.

DJ’s mom is taking med, JH walks in. They drink wine together.

Mom asks JH , the girl in the party is his sister isn’t she?

JH holds her hand and says his brother is DJ, he has no one else, remember? He is her son. (or she says, I forgot)

DJ sits on the stairs looking at them from afar.

WR at home with MS, recalls DJ’s answer, the watch is broken, she’s angry.

MS calls JH sth about hospital.

DJ’s mom in a car with JH. She drops him at the hospital.

JH walks into the hospital and sees grandma!(with WR and SC). He stops and looks at her, then he stands behind and looks at them, MS calls him to take care of them, and JH turns to see, it’s WR on the phone with MS. They(JH and WR) are staring at each other. <Ending>

Preview

JH recalls moments in the past with his dad (JG).

DJ is standing on the cliff covers his ears with his hands.

JG runs with injured leg calling MR, he stumbles to the ground, look at the sky asking Mi Suk to help him.

I really really anticipate DJ to meet JG, it'll be awesome, one is deaf the other has baby IQ. They will steal the show. :lol:

Guest Hanachio

Omo! The two male leads are really hot ^3^**

I love today´s episode! I fell sorry for the 3 of them :_( They had hard lives :/

Danggggg!~ the ending for ep6 was so *____* exciting!

The way they look at each other!

I giggle everytime the guys are on the screen, they're all oh sooooo fine! wooottt <3

Jung-eum, her acting is awesome! very impressive <3

Now, we have to wait another week! Agonizing T_T

Guest alicechen

Ack, the adults come out so early! Probably the earliest out of all the long-running dramas. I'll miss the little kids.

For the time being, here are the download links! Can't say much now since I'm studying hard-core but I'll be back once finals are over!

Wait for me smiley angel DJ!! haha XD

HanRel 450p Versions:

Ep.5: http://www.multiupload.com/03VMDUP4AW

Ep.6: http://www.multiupload.com/K7RH8A5VP2

Previous episodes here. B)

Guest Nickorific

I absolutely love this drama so far. I am so addicted and attached to the characters and story. The little girl in the first four episodes was very cute and now the actress that they picked to play the older version of the little girl is very very very attractive. :-) So the character of the little girl went from "awww, how cute, how adorable" to "HOT DAMN."

Guest bombb_

omfuhg.

this drama is amazing.

the children actors have so much talent!

i hope i get to watch them again in the future as well.

dong joo's mother was excellent too.

i just feel the emotions off the characters so well.

ahh! a drama hasnt gotten me anticipating the next episode for a while.

:D

btw does anyone else think the young ma roo actor looks like kevjumba from youtube? haha

I don't want to hate Maru/Junha because I'm sure there's more to his story so I'll try to be open-minded about him. Every time I see Dongjoo, my heart breaks a little. He seems so normal on the outside that it seriously tears my heart in two to know that although he looks okay, he really isn't. It's interesting too how he remembers exactly what happened before his accident yet he's still somewhat civil with his father. He must be planning something and that definitely adds more hype and anticipation to the story. That and how Dongjoo's mom plans to ruin his father with Junha. Knowing that side of the story, I do kinda feel bad for Junha. He's just a pawn in her plan for revenge. Let's hope that Hyunsuk does have a heart and that she really does care about Junha.

Hwang Jungeum's doing a wonderful job as adult-Woori. I really enjoy watching her. And of course, Kim Jaewon's totally taking ownership of Dongjoo's role as well. I love it! I can't really say much on Nam Goongmin since Junha was just introduced but so far, he seems promising (that stare at the end of the episode was intense...it almost killed me. hehe). We didn't get much from kid-Maru so I hope adult-Junha will show us his side of the story well. I want to like him so I hope he'll give me that reason to like him. =)

Since I've only watched the raw episode...and I'm not near sufficient enough in Korean to fully understand, I was wondering if you all could help me out. I don't understand Minsoo's appearance. Why was she at Seungchul's family's chicken restaurant? All I understand from her role so far is that she set up an appointment for Junha to meet with Woori's grandmother (ultimately, his own as well). If someone could explain, that'd be nice. Thank you! =)

And now...the wait begins. -sigh-

Archived