[Drama 2011] New Tales of the Gisaeng 신기생뎐

Guest fanda4000

Guest kawaiiyuki

The love story will take a while due to it is a 50 episodes soo it will be a slow love story line... However, I am enjoying watching this drama due to the beautiful hanboks and the music.. Does anyone know when will they release the ost??? omo omo.. i recognize the doctor as he was the DA father in Gloria and King Geunchogo.. He is really good actor.... :D

I know what you mean. But you know if they do it like 'family honor' the two leads can learn more about each other.We know they kind of like each other. DM daydreaming about him asing SR for her cell number and SR having her daydream.

But i have a feeling RR is going to be a pain for most of the drama.

And i must agree the music is great and the hanboks are really pretty. I loved looking at them.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone tell me what Sa Ran and Da Mo were talking about when they were eating dinner? Why did he bring her to a hotel? What was their big fight about?

I like how Da Mo couldn't leave her and kept stopping to try to reason with her (whatever the fight was about). I think he stopped like 5 times and he always came back.. usually in a kdrama, the guy would just leave, especially if they got slapped on the face.

EP05 TUDOU STREAMING LINK

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/McgSOweNI74/

the preview for ep06 is interesting!

DM gives SR an envelope of money? and she takes that envelope and hits him on the head!!

:lol: Ra Ra and Da Mo's families meet for a date? RR is super happy and DM is upset to find out he's meeting w/ Ra Ra.

Guest kawaiiyuki

Can someone tell me what Sa Ran and Da Mo were talking about when they were eating dinner? Why did he bring her to a hotel? What was their big fight about?

I like how Da Mo couldn't leave her and kept stopping to try to reason with her (whatever the fight was about). I think he stopped like 5 times and he always came back.. usually in a kdrama, the guy would just leave, especially if they got slapped on the face.

EP05 TUDOU STREAMING LINK

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/McgSOweNI74/

I haven't seen episode 5 yet but i really love DM's presistance. I do agree that SR and DM like to 'one-up' the other person. SR slightly cold yet warm expression has DM confussed and want to learn more about her. I'm going to love watch DM try to shake RR off.

Love how he tryied to give RR a hint that he's not interested but she hasn't noticed. SR already found out that DM is interested in her by her blush but RR is too self obsorbed to notice.

Thanks Vikiteam for subbing this drama. I also hope with your subs more people would watch this drama. Slow beginning but every interesting.

The latter part of the episode totally made up for the initial dullness and lack of plot in the beginning. haha

I think Da-mo tried to bring her to the hotel, not because he wanted to take advantage of her, but because he wanted to test her. 

SR: Why are we here? 

DM: You don't like it?

SR: Like what?

DM: Are you pretending to be innocent or are you innocent? 

(SR gets out of the car and walks away.)

DM: Okay, I understand! Get in! Get in the car. (grabs SR)

SR: Now I see. (It's hard to translate this part. It's mixture of her realizing his motives and seeing how awful he is.)

(DM drives up to her.)

DM: You're not going to get in? There're no taxis here!

(DM drives ahead and stops. Gets out.)

DM: I'm sorry. (SR stomps past him.) It was a misunderstanding. 

SR: What was?

DM: People who meet for the first time and have mutual feelings for each other usually do this. 

SR: Do you live like this?

DM: We've already met each other five times.

SR: No, we've seen each other but we never went out officially. Please watch your actions. (SR stomps off.)

DM: I'm really sorry! I'm sorry so get in my car either way! I'm going to drive you home. 

SR: I don't need it. 

(DM gets into his car, drives ahead and stops.)

DM: What do you need me to do in order for you to forgive me? What do you want me to do? Huh?!

SR: (stops) Apologize to me, on your knees. 

DM: You want me to get on my knees? No, that's enough. (DM gets into his car.) How dare such a young person command me.

(DM drives off, stops, and then puts the car on reverse and drives back up to her. He gets out.)

DM: Stop. (SR walks past him, he grabs her arm.) Does it make you that angry?

SR: If you've changed your position on this then that's it.

DM: I were you, I would have just accepted the apology. It's not something unforgivable; it was just a slight misunderstanding.

SR: Please don't label this as JUST a misunderstanding. (walks off)

DM: (grabs her arm) Is this something you should be that angry over? 

SR: You totally looked down on me!

DM: If I had looked down on you, I wouldn't have even brought you there! 

SR: I thank you, really.

DM: Would you want skinship with anyone? 

SR: Skinship? It's call skinship when you like the other person. 

DM: That's right. I just wanted to hug you once. If you can stand me then hit me. (SR slaps him and walks off.) If you hit me you should at least get into the car!! Hey! Dan Sa-ran!

SR: Don't talk to me informally.

DM: This young--!

SR: I'm old enough. Were you planning on sleeping with someone young?!

DM: You! You're really strong, aren't you?!

SR: It's better than being a jerk.

DM: You should have at least expected this when you followed me. Are you that innocent? You said you were old enough!

SR: I thought we were just going to talk over a meal. I wouldn't have guessed you would act like those old men. Skinship? I probably would have held your hand. I'm more upset at stupid me for following such a dirty, playboy jerk like you!

(DM gets into his car and drives up ahead of her and stops. SR stops in front of him. He sighs and clears the rocks away and starts to get on his knees. Startled, SR stops him and gets into his car.)

- Kyu

wow FINALLY this drama is looking better. the writing, directing, music, and acting was all done very well for the fight scene. i think i'm getting used to sr and dm's faces and acting b/c i thought their fight scene was done really well. finally, some emotion from these two! dm especially has improved a lot.

and dm actually wanted to sleep w/ her. he wasn't testing or joking with her. he didn't understand why she was so upset about it and it wasn't until she started crying that he realized he had made a mistake. i love that she stopped him from kneeling though. it showed she cares about his feelings too.

Someone needs to tell the actor playing the role of Da Mo that there is a difference between being 'cold' and being 'dead'.  :P

It seems like there are relationships between the senior ladies of the gisaeng house and the senior members of the two families.  I wonder if the current generation will repeat the relationships of their parents.  I thought it was rather ominous, for a DM & SR romance, when DM said, in ep. 2, that he didn't want a wife, but someone that he can meet when he was bored, with no strings attached.  -_-  And, a gisaeng would perfectly fit his description.

The only character that I find interesting is SR's sister, Goon Ju.  Maybe, because she's the liveliest of the bunch.  She seems down-to-earth, street-wise, straight-forward and fun.:D

Someone needs to tell the actor playing the role of Da Mo that there is a difference between being 'cold' and being 'dead'.  :P

It seems like there are relationships between the senior ladies of the gisaeng house and the senior members of the two families.  I wonder if the current generation will repeat the relationships of their parents.  I thought it was rather ominous, for a DM & SR romance, when DM said, in ep. 2, that he didn't want a wife, but someone that he can meet when he was bored, with no strings attached.  -_-  And, a gisaeng would perfectly fit his description.

The only character that I find interesting is SR's sister, Goon Ju.  Maybe, because she's the liveliest of the bunch.  She seems down-to-earth, street-wise, straight-forward and fun.:D

yea! my fav character is gong ju too! it's so cute how she's kinda warming up to the idea of a big sister, especially after saran was concerned for her. i thought she did a good job w/ showing sadness in her lil dance scene in ep 5 too. poor girl. she's suffocating under her mom's tyranny. i hope they increase her scenes like what happened w/ seul in dear heaven.

Guest kawaiiyuki

I love how far SR and DM are willing to push each other.

Looks like that's going to go on for a while.

Thanks for translating the last scene between SR and DM. :)

Guest dramaok

THe ending song is sang by newbie actress:

Kim Shin-Ah [김신아].

the song is called yeonjeongga/song of romance [戀情가].

kimshinah.jpg

yea! my fav character is gong ju too! it's so cute how she's kinda warming up to the idea of a big sister, especially after saran was concerned for her. i thought she did a good job w/ showing sadness in her lil dance scene in ep 5 too. poor girl. she's suffocating under her mom's tyranny. i hope they increase her scenes like what happened w/ seul in dear heaven.

she really was good in that scene. i really like her unpretentious spunk.

the mother is a tyrant alright.

and i also think Damo really did want to sleep w Saran. it was not really a test. i don't think he thought much at first, it was more of an impulse. that's how i saw it.

Can someone explain why Joo Hee put lipstick on her drunk husband? The scene seemed absurd to me. Is she so bored with her pampered life that she has to fabricate her husband's infidelities to make her feel anything?

she's crazy. i think not being the object of her husband's love and desires has really screwed up her mind. also today they revealed that her great-aunt

is the one who started Buyonggak. so she actually might be the one who owns it technically, and Madam Oh is the one who operates it. she told Oh to close Buyonggak w/in three years time. she doesn't want any rumors spread now that her daughter Ra Ra is of marrying age. she basically regards Buyonggak as something vulgar. but it looks like in the preview Madam Oh will go see her husband outside, in the preview she says "Jang Joo Hee, your husband waited for me."....

Guest kawaiiyuki

There are sooooo many characters that i'm not sure of all of their names yet.

But I'm loving this drama.

Can someone explain why they have shots of the Kitchen Head and SR, like in episode 4 SR and Kitchen Head stare at each other. What are they trying to tell us? We know that RR is Kitchen Head's daughter... so..... :unsure:

Since i'm only still watching episode 4- really hope SR agrees to enter Buyongguk.

Someone asked if SR is in the photo of Gisaengs in the poster. I don't see her but maybe that's beause they have another photo of her with DM and RR so it would be weird to put her in both the Gisaeng photo and the top protion of the poster (hope that makes sense.)

Ahh...

There's now a glimmer of the relationship between Geum Eo-San & Han Soon-Duk...

... though the picture is still murky. :)(It's only the 5th of 50 episodes)

Han Soon-Duk may have been a protege of Jang Joo-Hee's great aunt...

... assuming that Han Soon-Duk has received so much care from the elder Madam Oh

... because she and the Buyonggak founder took special notice of Soon-Duk from a young age. :)

Han Soon-Duk probably thinks Ra-Ra is her daughter

... because the daughter was delivered to Joo-Hee,

... or more likely taken by Joo-Hee.

Really? I had no idea Da-mo really wanted to sleep with her. Wowza, I didn't believe he was like that. 

I also like Gong-ju a lot too. I felt really bad for her when her mother slapped her for brining Son-ja with her when she was supposed to be catching the eyes of rich men.

Joo-hee scares me. She's totally nuts. 

- Kyu

Guest kawaiiyuki

From the snippit of the ending of episode 5 I don't think DM wanted to sleep with SR. Looks like from the dialog that he wanted to know how far he could get away and now he knows she's not going to let him walk all over her. When she gets mad it takes a lot for him to make amends.

I would love to see him kneel down. And i loved how he chased after her.

I do agree that if it was some other kdrama male lead the guy might have just drove off. But DM chased after her. :w00t:

Really? I had no idea Da-mo really wanted to sleep with her. Wowza, I didn't believe he was like that. 

I also like Gong-ju a lot too. I felt really bad for her when her mother slapped her for brining Son-ja with her when she was supposed to be catching the eyes of rich men.

Joo-hee scares me. She's totally nuts. 

- Kyu

From the snippit of the ending of episode 5 I don't think DM wanted to sleep with SR. Looks like from the dialog that he wanted to know how far he could get away and now he knows she's not going to let him walk all over her. When she gets mad it takes a lot for him to make amends.

I do agree that if it was some other kdrama male lead the guy might have just drove off. But DM chased after her. :w00t:

From a guy's point of view...

DM had absolutely no thought of sleeping with SR!

In fact...

Sleeping is the very last thing on his mind.

He would definitely want to stay awake with SR. :):D:o LOL

From a guy's point of view...

DM had absolutely no thought of sleeping with SR!

In fact...

Sleeping is the very last thing on his mind.

He would definitely want to stay awake with SR. :):D:o LOL

LOLOL 

Actually, I thought it was really cute how he confessed to her that he did want to at least hug her. Although it did take me back a little bit. 

I wonder why they haven't been updating the website with previews. I've been checking every couple of hours but there is nothing. Maybe it's because of the Lunar New Year...

- Kyu

The latter part of the episode totally made up for the initial dullness and lack of plot in the beginning. haha

I think Da-mo tried to bring her to the hotel, not because he wanted to take advantage of her, but because he wanted to test her. 

SR: Why are we here? 

DM: You don't like it?

SR: Like what?

DM: Are you pretending to be innocent or are you innocent? 

(SR gets out of the car and walks away.)

DM: Okay, I understand! Get in! Get in the car. (grabs SR)

SR: Now I see. (It's hard to translate this part. It's mixture of her realizing his motives and seeing how awful he is.)

(DM drives up to her.)

DM: You're not going to get in? There're no taxis here!

(DM drives ahead and stops. Gets out.)

DM: I'm sorry. (SR stomps past him.) It was a misunderstanding. 

SR: What was?

DM: People who meet for the first time and have mutual feelings for each other usually do this. 

SR: Do you live like this?

DM: We've already met each other five times.

SR: No, we've seen each other but we never went out officially. Please watch your actions. (SR stomps off.)

DM: I'm really sorry! I'm sorry so get in my car either way! I'm going to drive you home. 

SR: I don't need it. 

(DM gets into his car, drives ahead and stops.)

DM: What do you need me to do in order for you to forgive me? What do you want me to do? Huh?!

SR: (stops) Apologize to me, on your knees. 

DM: You want me to get on my knees? No, that's enough. (DM gets into his car.) How dare such a young person command me.

(DM drives off, stops, and then puts the car on reverse and drives back up to her. He gets out.)

DM: Stop. (SR walks past him, he grabs her arm.) Does it make you that angry?

SR: If you've changed your position on this then that's it.

DM: I were you, I would have just accepted the apology. It's not something unforgivable; it was just a slight misunderstanding.

SR: Please don't label this as JUST a misunderstanding. (walks off)

DM: (grabs her arm) Is this something you should be that angry over? 

SR: You totally looked down on me!

DM: If I had looked down on you, I wouldn't have even brought you there! 

SR: I thank you, really.

DM: Would you want skinship with anyone? 

SR: Skinship? It's call skinship when you like the other person. 

DM: That's right. I just wanted to hug you once. If you can stand me then hit me. (SR slaps him and walks off.) If you hit me you should at least get into the car!! Hey! Dan Sa-ran!

SR: Don't talk to me informally.

DM: This young--!

SR: I'm old enough. Were you planning on sleeping with someone young?!

DM: You! You're really strong, aren't you?!

SR: It's better than being a jerk.

DM: You should have at least expected this when you followed me. Are you that innocent? You said you were old enough!

SR: I thought we were just going to talk over a meal. I wouldn't have guessed you would act like those old men. Skinship? I probably would have held your hand. I'm more upset at stupid me for following such a dirty, playboy jerk like you!

(DM gets into his car and drives up ahead of her and stops. SR stops in front of him. He sighs and clears the rocks away and starts to get on his knees. Startled, SR stops him and gets into his car.)

- Kyu

Thanks Q_Park.

:)

Ah Da-Mo & Dan Sa-Ran

First Confrontation

Softsub Excerpt - Episode 05

Translation by Q_Park

SSSNTOTG.E05.X264.720p-HANrel.SR-DM.53'32.srt

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X41W80EM

Note: Subtitle sequence begins at around 53:32

Guest dramaok

no i really do think Damo really did want to "sleep" with her. but there is something innocent about this crude behavior. he didn't think that it could upset her and make her feel cheap as much as it did. he just saw the hotel and the impulse in him told him to go there with Saran. it is different than plotting and planning and intentionally lead the events to end there.

maybe i am not thinking straight, but i don't believe he was testing her. his act was childish and crude, but innocent. though i know it sounds very much an oxymoron either way. i guess i want to say it was instinctive, not pretentious.

am i the only one who saw it this way?

Q_Park

i read that the writer didn't allow them to post too much info on synopsis and previews.

p.s. a lot of Korean audience are upset about the hotel scene saying Damo's arrogance and conceited behavior is too much for a weekend drama. the official board has so much anger. ><

Archived