[Drama 2011] New Tales of the Gisaeng 신기생뎐

Guest fanda4000

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was their a huge blow out of some-sort b/w all of the members on this forum, that I didnt know about?

Why is this so quite?

NOT A SINGLE POSt....=(

I mean i know our resident rock star, is out on work.

But, how come no comments, from the rest of the lovely people, who make this so live, that i sneak to check this page,so often.

LOl @ Lyvanya's comment!!! This episode was kind of a downer for me. I'm going to miss Grandpa Geum :tears: but at lease the girls are back together as a group again!

Humm... I was thinking about the previous comment someone (sorry I don't know the person's name) stating that Son-Ja might be Kang-San's son with another woman, what if this is true and because Kang-San and Hyo-Ri have a good relationship she allows Son-Ja to come into their home as her step-son. Hwa-Ja will see that Son-Ja comes from a rich family she will push Gong-Joo towards him but Hyo-Ri will not accept Gong-Joo because of their earlier encounter in the ladies room!?!? :phew:

This episode for me is a downer for as well. Saran is still very pained after the break-up and still keeps reminiscing their good times. On the other hand although Damo is hurt internally, he seems like on a match-making date marathon, meeting a total of three different ladies. I'm guessing that he probably told his parents that he didn't like anyone of them afterward. It also looks like that Rara is befriending with Saran again because Damo and Saran broke up. Is it correct?

Another thing, what was it that Saran was looking when she was about to show it to Grandpa but only to realize that he had died? It was not a DNA test result, was it?

Does anyone know the Korean name and singer of the song that Rara sings in the karaoke room? It's a Russian song entitled 1,000 Roses. I really like the Korean version and want to search for it on Youtube.

Guest kawaiiyuki

have to agree, since we're at the angsty part i guess people can't think of much to say. But what i still don't understand is how the grandparents died (rr and dm) when they weren't even sick. find it kind of strange in kdramaland. Don't believe sr feeling down about the break up considering she believes dm's lie about her not giving him what he wants therefore he's ending the 'game'

I was expecting the secret of Rara's birth to be out by episode 17, and also more scenes of the "after" with Saran and DoMo except nothing happened.

AHHH!!

I waited all week, and refreshed so much for episode 17.

Episode 18 looks promising I hope!

there just needs to be quicker devlopment, and I hope it doesn't get boring around episdoe 30 ish.

Saran's birth secret can't carry out throughtout the whole drama I think 'cause then it'll be really draggy and angsty (especially the slow mo scenes with the mom.

until tomorrow~

hi

WAH! the evil mothers are getting scarier... BOTH daughter-in-laws are secretly pleased with grandpa's passing :wacko:

and

SaRan's stepmum has upped the pressure on SaRan to enter the gisaeng house.

The stepmum told SaRan her fortune says she will get married this year and Damo's dad wants him to get married asap, and e18 preview shows Damo making a new contractual proposal with SaRan? WAOH.....

I too like the song which RaRa sang at the KTV, hope someone will provide more info of it soon.

Guest liaahx

Does anyone know the Korean name and singer of the song that Rara sings in the karaoke room?  It's a Russian song entitled 1,000 Roses.  I really like the Korean version and want to search for it on Youtube.

The song is called "baekmansongi changmi" (백만송이 장미). I think the version sung in the drama is by Shim Soo-bong (please correct me if this info is wrong).

There are some nice performances of the song you can find online.

A duet with Shim Soo-bong and Jang Ki-ha

Version of the song played on classical instruments

Hwayobi also released a version

Guest bearscoby

u can another band version by Kim Jung Eun in Kdrama I am Legend, not bad i like this version more, can find in their ost too. but i am kind of disappointed with the writer of using this song which is used in another recent sbs drama. i m sure they search hard enough they can find a better new song to suit tt scene, a good song can even create a sensation for the drama n the ost.

not sure if anyone noticed, the director keeps switching the scenes in between, sometimes showing some part which is not related or with no significant meaning/linkage, i dnt like the way it's edited.

Guest mhugh

This was a song that the writer Im used in her earlier drama, Ahyndong Madam. She must either love the song and the singer, Shim Soo-bong, or she thinks the song fits Da-mo and Sa-ran’s relationship, which is a good sign for us romantics. I love this song and the lyric. It’s about true love, unconditional love similar to that of Jesus’ love for humanity. Here is the lyric:

A long ago from a certain star (where I’ve come from)

When I was being born

I heard a small voice telling me to go and give love

To grow a million roses

A (kind of) rose that blooms only when you truly love (someone)

Repeated:

[if you give all your love to someone with no expectations in return <with no hatred in your heart>

Then a million roses will bloom

And (we) can return to our beautiful starry place (in heaven) that we yearn for]

What exactly is true love

Tears of angst were shed

In a very sad world

Filled with many goodbyes

After a long time has passed

The one who has given up everything including (his) own life

I encountered a love like that <A love like that embraced me>

Who has shown up unexpectedly like a beacon of light

Repeat: [….]

Now even if everyone leaves

Such love will continue (to bloom)

The one who has come for me from that star

The one whom I have been waiting for so long

If it’s him and me together

We would bloom even more roses together

We who have now become one

Will return to that everlasting star together

Repeat: [….]

Welcome back Michael,

you've been greatly missed

:)

To Ah-Damo,

you need to give more than just one bouquet of roses, you need to throw in your life, your soul, your everything! Go forth and grow a forest of roses for SaRan!

Guest revengeoftheflowers

Definitely a downer episode, and kind of a meh episode for me. Not much interesting dialogue, and the "surprise" death was already spoiled in last week's preview.

I liked that Ra Ra heard Sa Ran out about her and Damo's relationship, and then took her friend out for a round of drinks. This confirms for my suspicion that Ra Ra is immature and spoiled brat but an overall good-natured and high spirited girl. She makes a great foil for Sa Ran even though she's not really a proper villainesss.

Gong Joo's mother is duplicitous and gross. I love the actress, but she is really despicable here. And, I totally understand Sa Ran's hesitation to become close with her. It was revealed today that the mom and dad blew all the money trying to open a restaurant but failed. Sa Ran had argued against them, and she couldn't go to a proper college because of this. She has a lot of resentment towards her stepmom, which I didn't quite understand at first but now do. Poor Gong Joo must be in an awkward spot.

Also, Ra Ra's birth mother is really a nasty piece of work. I tried to like her, because she seemed vulnerable and sweet, but she is really just vain, superficial, and materialistic. I can't believe all she cared about was that stupid f***ing building after her father-in-law died. She is disgusting, and I would be ashamed like Ra Ra to find out such a wench was my real mother.

Jang Jeo Hee continues to impress every episode. She is eccentric and has tinges of evil, but she is very classy and holds herself up to a certain degree of prestige. Love her.

Guest liaahx

I thought the noraebang scene in this episode was a great sequence. The first thing I noticed was how cute the three girls were (drunkenly) singing/dancing together. It was a sweet bonding moment between them that I think is different from what we've seen before. But then, the camera pans out and you see Sa-ran sitting by herself at the table, drinking through her tears. The contrast in this scene, between the three girls and Sa-ran, really drove home how lonely and closed off Sa-ran is. You can take so much away from this scene. I wondered: Why can't she share her pain with her closest friends? Is there anyone at all she can ever be open with, someone whose shoulder she'd allow herself to cry on? Whatever the case, it really showed a loneliness in her that made her sadness even more pronounced. Rather than thinking she's cold, I just feel that she's scared to let anyone in. For so long, this is probably how she's learned to protect herself. And then I imagine how lonely that must feel, to not be able to truly seek comfort in anyone. This scene really made me sympathize with Sa-ran. (I think the closest she's ever been to opening up about her feelings was with Da-mo, when she talked about her late mother, and her father having remarried.)

I really hope Da-mo suffers. His tears has no affects on me. I'm sorry.

I liked that Ra Ra heard Sa Ran out about her and Damo's relationship, and then took her friend out for a round of drinks. This confirms for my suspicion that Ra Ra is immature and spoiled brat but an overall good-natured and high spirited girl. She makes a great foil for Sa Ran even though she's not really a proper villainesss.

I really like Ra-ra as well. Here again you see the difference between how open they are with their emotions. Sa-ran keeps everything in, while Ra-ra deals with it very openly (in a song, and letting Joo-ah and Ah-mi in on it). Despite being spoiled and self-absorb, she's not conniving or manipulative. She's very genuine with her friends, and I think, does care for them in her own way. I really hope her character doesn't deviate too much from how it is now as the story develops. That is, I hope she doesn't become a scheming villainess. I kind of like the idea that the writer can develop conflicts between them without turning one or the other evil. And I hope Ra-ra ends up with the Doctor.

Guest kobe23

Yeah looks like I got this one wrong about RR. I really thought they were going to turn her into a scheming little richard simmons and get SR back, but it seems now that the turn of events might actually bring them even closer. Which is all good of course, I'm sure we're all tired of the 'evil' 2nd female lead by now.

Which makes me wonder...is RaRa going to enter the gisaeng house as well? I mean, she IS a dancer too, right? (as are all SR's friends), and with the story shifting towards Byonggak soon, it would be rather appropriate that her closest friend follows her there.

Guest mhugh

Welcome back Michael,

you've been greatly missed

:)

Thank you, dotoh. I'm not back in full force yet, but it's good to contribute in someways at least.

Guest suliat

Yeah looks like I got this one wrong about RR. I really thought they were going to turn her into a scheming little richard simmons and get SR back, but it seems now that the turn of events might actually bring them even closer. Which is all good of course, I'm sure we're all tired of the 'evil' 2nd female lead by now.

Which makes me wonder...is RaRa going to enter the gisaeng house as well? I mean, she IS a dancer too, right? (as are all SR's friends), and with the story shifting towards Byonggak soon, it would be rather appropriate that her closest friend follows her there.

to tell you the truth, i dont even know which character to say i like, all the actors portrays their characters very well, what the writter is thinking about, i cannot even begin to say. when i think i have gotten the characters done, she changes something that through me of again. i think this is the first time i have watched Kdrama without say or thinking that the writter is going to end it like this or that.

now am curious about when the writer is taking us to lol

Archived