[Drama 2011] New Tales of the Gisaeng 신기생뎐

Guest fanda4000

Guest kawaiigarden

Firstly I wanted to thank the subbers.

Without them I wouldn't have been able to watch this amazing drama.

New tales of gisaeng is my new addiction. I really love the plot and the ending song is amazing. I've tried to know the title and the singer to download it but I didn't find it. I can't wait to be able to download the OST.

I'm french, and I love when I hear old french song in a k-drama "Tombe la neige". Their accent is so cute.

In two days I've watched episode 1 to 8. Can't wait to watch what's going to happen next. Seon Dook makes me cry, she seems to be such a caring woman.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys i am dying here!! i watched the first 3 epis and i totally adore the pairing...but i cant find episode 4 onwards anywhere :( neither can i find any link or video that leads me to its OST...i specially adore the instrumental that was played when DM saw SR for the first time...and the ending song is pure love <3 please help me if you can guys...

till then i guess i have to survive on the excellent recaps done by justdramas...chummal kumapta for the effort :D

oh also i dont get it why ppl are saying the lead actor has "alien features" because i thought he was quite goodlooking from the beginning...call me fickle but he was one of the reason why i started watching the drama in the first place...

Look in the first post of this thread.

semi-fly has listed the links to Aja-Aja & AM-Addiction for direct download.

All the files are also available via torrents from semi-fly's torrents collection on Box.

Guest laceytam

i have a question about episode one

there is a scene when saran and han soon duk waiting for the train

does they have some relation?

and why does she hide looking at rara?

and does someone know the background music in episode 6 when damo dreams how saran hit him with the envelope?

Guest GRAPEJUICE

Anyone else think Gongju looks like Tang Wei? Such a strong resemblence. Anyway, I really like her character. I wish she had a better man though because her childhood friend is such a wimp.

i have a question about episode one

there is a scene when saran and han soon duk waiting for the train

does they have some relation?

Most of us think that Sa-ran and Soon duk are mother and daughter but either one knows that yet ^_^ ! You'll understand why when you watch episode 04! They seem to share a special bond despite the fact that they don't know each other.

I just realized that Eo-san has yet to meet Sa-ran!! I wonder what his reaction will be like when he does O_o

I've had a soompi account for years and never have I once commented on a drama topic. I find myself counting down the days for this drama, I'm in love with the plot. The only down side I'd have to say is that there's 50 episodes and I get antsy waiting a whole week to watch new episodes that seem too short (cause I enjoy it so much). Anyone have a clue when and why SR enters the gisaeng house? I can just see RR turning into a psycho that I know I'm going to be frustrated with.

Guest laceytam

Anyone else think Gongju looks like Tang Wei? Such a strong resemblence. Anyway, I really like her character. I wish she had a better man though because her childhood friend is such a wimp.

she does looks like tang wei a bit whe you says now

but the first person i think she looks like was Gong Hyo Jin

she does looks like tang wei a bit  whe you says now

Yep, I also thought of Gong Hyo Jin.  At her first appearance, I did a double-take because I thought she was GHJ.  Then, my common sense told me that it couldn't be GHJ because she just starred in "Pasta".  So, she won't be taking a minor role in a drama. 

They look so much alike that it's incredible if they are not sisters or even, related.  :)

I've had a soompi account for years and never have I once commented on a drama topic. I find myself counting down the days for this drama, I'm in love with the plot. The only down side I'd have to say is that there's 50 episodes and I get antsy waiting a whole week to watch new episodes that seem too short (cause I enjoy it so much). Anyone have a clue when and why SR enters the gisaeng house? I can just see RR turning into a psycho that I know I'm going to be frustrated with.

I'm exactly like you with regard to having been a Soompi member for years but rarely do I comment on a drama topic until now. I'm drawn to this drama as well but I also don't like waiting a whole week for 2 episodes and this is a 50-episode drama. My attention-span is very short. To answer your question, my best guess is that it may have to do with her family's financial difficulty that would force her to enter the gisaeng house.

On the "skinship" clause of "the contract", if there is a "legal" dispute:

Da Mo will definitely win:

- The only contact he's ever made with Sa Ran is gently grabbing her arm as she was leaving.

- He only talked about wanting skinship... never carried it out in fact or fantasy.

- Even the arm-grabbing was only flesh on cloth. :)

Sa Ran already lost:

- She initiated all the physical contacts except for the arm-grabbing...

... the slap (it's contact... and at times a great foreplay :D )

... the stopping him from kneeling

... the Oraeshin arm-embrace

- She fantasizes about touching him...

... she kissed him

... I don't know what she did in her fantasy after receiving roses

... ... (but it must have been juicy :):D:o LOL )

waitsomeminutes!

that's a lousy way of counting score.

1. the slap was before the said agreement. invalid.

2. the arm-embrace? no that's role play and no skin-to-skin contact either. it was skin to leather jacket. invalid

3. the kiss on peck. it's her fantasy. let's give her prerogative to her private secret fantasies. and to be fair we don't know what kind of fantasies damo may have had about her. we didn't get to watch him play anything out, but it's hardly proof that he didn't. so invalid.

that's 0 for 3. ^^

This is my simple but Basically Scholarly (BS)

Constructive Refutation for Anti-Invalid Proclamation (CRAP)

In any reel court...

The evidence to be considered must be based on reel life, reel characters, and reel actions.

History of the adversaries are crucial evidence.

1. the slap was before the said agreement. invalid.

The slap may have been before the agreement,

... but it demonstrates intent and prediliction of the defendant...

... demonstrates that the defendant, who normally does not have physical contacts with others...

... has no hesitation in initiating contact with her adversary...

Therefore... The defendant would not hesitate to initiate contact after the agreement. QED

2. the arm-embrace? no that's role play and no skin-to-skin contact either. it was skin to leather jacket. invalid

Role-play?

... It demonstrates that the defendant would use any excuse to make contact.

Skin-to-leather?

... It demonstrates that the defendant would make contact even with obstacles in her way.

The timing?

... This was almost immediately after the agreement was made.

Therefore... The defendant has no intention of keeping to the "no skinship" clause of the agreement. QED

3. the kiss on peck. it's her fantasy. let's give her prerogative to her private secret fantasies. and to be fair we don't know what kind of fantasies damo may have had about her. we didn't get to watch him play anything out, but it's hardly proof that he didn't. so invalid.

Private Secret Fantasy?

... Not so Private or Secret!

... We all saw and know of her fantasy.

We don't know and haven't seen Da Mo's fantasy.

... That's only additional evidence that Da Mo would win an additional point in the case.

Therefore... As evidence that we know and have seen... The defendant even initiates contact in reel life fantasy. QED

Therefore...

Acording to my Basically Scholarly (BS) analysis...

This Constructive Refutation for Anti-Invalid Proclamation (CRAP)...

Is ir-refutable. :):D LOL

==================================================================

Additional points to consider:

Both Sa Ran and Da Mo have indirect communication style...

... where intent and sub-text meanings are more important than spoken words.

So by the intent of their communication style and intent...

... Both Ah Da Mo and Dan Sa Ran got exactly what they both wanted...

... A flimsy excuse to see each other...

... Both knows that it's an excuse...

... Both knows that the other knows it's an excuse...

... Both knows that the other knows that the other knows it's an excuse...

... Both knows that the other knows that the other knows that the other knows it's an excuse...

So it's moot who would win...

... since neither intend to use the "agreement" as anything other than an excuse. :):D

==================================================================

Ah Da Mo

Habitually use indirect statements and questions to get the answer he seeks.

His bald-face lies are not meant to be believed...

... merely to misdirect and re-inforce the perception that he is gruff and direct.

His true deceptions are subtle and not easily seen through.

He asks Sa Ran if she brought her car.

Intent:

... Seeks to learn of her financial status.

... Seeks to learn her mode of transportation.

He asks Ra Ra if the pin was hers

Then asks about how the pin was broken

Intent:

... Seeks to know the truth about Sa Ran wearing the pin.

... Seeks to confirm whether Ra Ra was lying about owning the pin.

He asks Grandmother if she ever finished watching the dance.

Intent:

... Seeks to learn of Sa Ran's return.

... Seeks to learn of Sa Ran's contact information.

He tells Sa Ran that he came to his friend's house warming.

Misdirection:

... Just not mentioning that he came because his friend told him about her living there.

Intent:

... Seeks to learn if Sa Ran would admit to living there and meeting his other friend there.

He tells everyone that Ra Ra dumped/rejected him.

Misdirection:

... Obvious upfront lie that was not really meant to be believed.

... Re-inforce that he's irresistible and only lying to save face for the girl.

He asks Grandma if Sa Ran says she bought the flowers:

Intent:

... Finding out if Sa Ran told them about him.

... Finding out if Sa Ran lied to them.

Dan Sa Ran

Habitually uses misdirection to avoid giving upfront answers she'd rather not say.

Her lies are less sophisticated than Da Mo's... but not easy to check up on.

She also uses honesty and straightforward manners to hide her deceptions.

She tells Da Mo that the subway is faster.

Misdirection:

... Avoids answering if she has or has not a car.

She tells the doctor pardner that she's a busy student about to graduate.

Intent:

... Giving him an answer without a crude bald-face rejection.

Answers Ra Ra's "Do You Think You're Beautiful?" question with an analogy.

Misdirection:

... Avoids sounding boastful and conceited with a baldfaced "I am" answer.

Answers Ra Ra's Grandfather's "Who do you resemble?" question with

"My father tells me I resemble my maternal-grandmother"

Misdirection:

... Avoids telling about her family situation without lying..

Answers Da Mo's Grandma's "How would a student have money for flower?" question with...

"You gave me too much last time."

Misdirection:

... Avoids lying that she bought the flowers.

... Avoids lying about receiving the flowers from Da Mo.

Tells Ra Ra that she was texting her sister after text conversation w/ Da Mo.

Not easy to check on:

... Ra Ra has no contact with Gong Ju and would not be able to check on it.

Tells family that the flower basket was from a job refered by her professor.

Misdirection:

... Avoids telling of Da Mo

... All true... her professor referred her to Da Mo's grandmother for a job she performed once.

... ... ... ... ... Da Mo sent her the basket... and she first met him at the job. :)

Guest kawaiiyuki

I can't wait to see the battle between sr and dm as they referin from any kind of skinship. :P

Now that RR thinks DM is a jerk how will she end up trying to win the attention of dm again?

I kinda wanna know if RR's dad after find out that he gave away his child without knowing will he look for her. I can't wait till SR finds out about her real parents. How will it affect her relationship with dm and by that time will they be offically together. (as in more then just 'friends' to engaged or married)

PS-still trying to catch up. slow watching cause scared that i'll have nothing to watch if i watch it all. :P

The text previews for Episode 9 and 10 are out.

Episode 9

다모가 안드래를 데리고 나갔단 사실을 알게된 수라는 바로 다모에게 전화를 걸어 당장 데리고 오라고 한다. 다모는 운전중이라며 전화를 끊어버리고 수라는 열받는데...

Su-ra finds out that Da-mo took Andreand left and calls Da-mo immediately and tells him to bring Andreback. Da-mo tells her that he’s driving right now and hangs up.Su-ra becomes frustrated…

Maybe Da-mo took Andre because he wanted to show him to Sa-ran.

Episode 10

사란이 끓인 찌개를 먹은 다모는 안 짜고 딱 맞고, 잠깐동안 어떻게 이렇게 깊은 맛이 나냐며 보기보다 솜씨가 기대 이상이라고 하는데..

After trying the soup that Sa-ran made for him, Da-mo replies that it’s not salty and just right. He’s surprised at the complexity of the taste she is able to create in such a short period of time and tells her that she has surpassed his expectations…

- Kyu

Perhaps, DM is letting Andrae and SR get to know and fall in love with each other.  Then, DM's father will surely accept SR because she loves Andrae, too.

But, DM should be careful because the best laid plans of mice and men don't always work out.  He would be so pissed if SR became like the rest of the family fawning over Andrae.  Then, DM would still be left out in the cold.  lol:w00t:

Guest kawaiiyuki

The text previews for Episode 9 and 10 are out.

Episode 9

다모가 안드래를 데리고 나갔단 사실을 알게된 수라는 바로 다모에게 전화를 걸어 당장 데리고 오라고 한다. 다모는 운전중이라며 전화를 끊어버리고 수라는 열받는데...

Su-ra finds out that Da-mo took Andreand left and calls Da-mo immediately and tells him to bring Andreback. Da-mo tells her that he’s driving right now and hangs up.Su-ra becomes frustrated…

Maybe Da-mo took Andre because he wanted to show him to Sa-ran.

Episode 10

사란이 끓인 찌개를 먹은 다모는 안 짜고 딱 맞고, 잠깐동안 어떻게 이렇게 깊은 맛이 나냐며 보기보다 솜씨가 기대 이상이라고 하는데..

After trying the soup that Sa-ran made for him, Da-mo replies that it’s not salty and just right. He’s surprised at the complexity of the taste she is able to create in such a short period of time and tells her that she has surpassed his expectations…

- Kyu

seems like we're only getting part of what the episode will be about. but if they want to do an all dm and sr episode i'm happy with that. :lol: then again are they trying to give us all these lovely sr and dm moments to prepare us for all the angst coming up? why do i have a feeling something bad will happen between our favorite couple? Do i see rr trying to break up our couple because she's jealous that dm rejected her? (sorry active mind here)

Sorry we have no news about the OST yet. when we do get something i'm sure someone will post something.

She reminds me Gong Hyo Jin as well. She's cute.

Otherwise it was quite funny to see DM's father without Andre, so depressed Haha. [mmmh... wait did I see Andre depressed too ? Ha.]

DaMo & SaRan fought (again) but the preview looks mmmh... promising ? **

Archived